LootHoarder's Market Database [Beta] - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

LootHoarder's Market Database [Beta]

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:59 PM

LootHoarder's Market Database

An alternative way to browse the RO2 Auction House

I'm happy to announce this new RO2 fan-site that I've been working on, it's currently still in the early stages so please excuse any bugs or glitches that may still pop up  :p_laugh:

LootHoarder's Market Database is an all new way to do business in RO2, now you'll never get ripped off by overpriced items again, and you'll always be able to catch the best deals. This project came about because I was frustrated with the limits of the in-game auction house search, so I decided to make my own with the features that I wished RO2 had: 

Key Features:
  • Unlimited Searching: ever get annoyed when the RO2 auction wont display every item you searched for? Now you can search for "DNA" or "Card" and see every single result, not just a few of them
  • Search by Item ID: not just by item name! You can use this to find specific items that the in-game auction search will not allow you to find easily
  • Search by Seller Name: you can easily look up any player in RO2 and see what items they have for sale
  • Sort items by quantity, buyout price, or even price per unit - now you can easily compare the value of buying a (50) stack for 10k vs a (99) stack for 18k zeny, simply click on the column name that you wish to sort by
  • Price Trends: quickly see if an item's price has been on the rise lately, or if it's taking a dive - you can see the historical price of every item in the auction house
  • Availability Trends: keep tabs on which items have been in short supply lately so you can cash in on those items you've been saving, or buy up an overstocked item at discount
Until the beta phase is over, the data on the site may only be updated a few times per day, this will eventually be switched over to automatic/periodic updates to keep the information as current as possible. Please feel free to suggest any features, or report bugs in this thread or by private message :D

New Forum Sigs!
sig.png?id=Tonitrua

You can add this code to your signature to get a link to your auction listings:

[url=http://loothoarder.info/index.php?s=2&e=1&r=s&i=YourNameHere]
[img=http://loothoarder.info/sig.png?id=YourNameHere][/url]

Just replace the two spots that say "YourNameHere" with your in-game character's name.

You can search the database at any time by visiting http://loothoarder.info

Edited by Tonitrua, 04 March 2016 - 04:49 PM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

Does this include player vends or does it only parse the auction house?

#3 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:38 PM

Does this include player vends or does it only parse the auction house?

Only the auction house right now, I considered adding vends too but they turned out to be more difficult to add and didn't make up a very large percentage of items for sale. It might be something I can add in the future though. 

#4 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:58 PM

Sorting by categories like in-game AH?
Option to check item's desc and another stuff like stats\hones\runes\dye? Or at least integration with ro2.doskoi.org or your own analogue. But it may slow down items scanning...

Edited by KuroiKoneko, 25 February 2016 - 08:59 PM.

#5 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

Sorting by categories like in-game AH?
Option to check item's desc and another stuff like stats\hones\runes\dye? Or at least integration with ro2.doskoi.org or your own analogue. But it may slow down items scanning...

Additional sorting/search options are definitely in the works already. I'm still looking into the possibility of adding my own item information database to the site, if that turns out to be too difficult I could link to the corresponding doskoi page instead. 

#6 crafter4epics

crafter4epics

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:42 PM

this is very useful. i could use this even if im afk or aiming to rank for gold hone/refine or if im really far away at AH like doing WL/dungeons. i know it's impossible for another feature like buying items directly using this or while on iOS/android/smart phones but another realistic feature would be to contact buyers/sellers in a faster way. i had some problems where my play time doesn't match another where we just pm by mails.

the feature could be(also dependent on how long or each interval to scan persons to know when they online) to find out the time the person put the item or the time they most likely play. yes, there's mail system in game of ro2 but item sales would most likely cover 30+ mails thus making it hard to communicate if you don't play the same time.

for example IGN : power40tozeny. assuming mail is always full & no way of contacting. scanning when he appeared on this market list will be most likely the time he plays. if loothoarder's market db has this feature i would then just simply compute the time i play & extend or wake up time it to when the seller is online.

then, loothoarder could also update this site to have membership have a mail system have subscription if not accepts donation. and later update this into a full ro2 database like include pictures(or link clicked for fast result rendering - comparison to like classic GMail™) of the item like for example serenia's great sword w/ stats(default but seller would have included runes hones - last option will require a harder but doable scan). long story short, i want to search serenia's great sword, it will appear w/ default stats & picture same as doskoi niceboat's db . the search list is just like loothoarder's normal search:

Qty Buyout Price Unit Price               Item Name             Seller Name

1        100000       100000 Serenia's Great Sword            name1

1        350000       350000 +20 Serenia's Great Sword     name2

but an added feature would be to show the stats w/ hones/runes when i hover to the sellers item.

i know it's difficult to communicate w/ buyers/sellers who have different time schedules. we now have a pt out feature (another not ro2 & yes wish devs have included) where we could time stamp someone using this & know the time they play. we could even know who usually farms diamonds(dungeon exit is most likely for diamonds - minimal from osi kills,WL) just put a counter each time someone uses the said feature

Edited by crafter4epics, 26 February 2016 - 06:45 PM.

#7 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:12 PM

Thanks for all of the great feedback, I'll address some of the points you made since they gave me a few ideas: 

i know it's impossible for another feature like buying items directly using this or while on iOS/android/smart phones

Now that you've mentioned this I think there may be one option worth trying out, it could be possible to register an account on the site and deposit a quantity of zeny by mail to LootHoarder in-game ahead of time, then if you wish to purchase an item through the site from your phone, my bot could complete the transaction and then forward the item by mail to the buyer's inbox. Likewise you could withdraw deposited zeny back out via an automated mail instead. This might be a bit complicated to implement but maybe I'll look into it further when I've completed more of the main functionality of the site.

the feature could be(also dependent on how long or each interval to scan persons to know when they online) to find out the time the person put the item or the time they most likely play. yes, there's mail system in game of ro2 but item sales would most likely cover 30+ mails thus making it hard to communicate if you don't play the same time.
for example IGN : power40tozeny. assuming mail is always full & no way of contacting. scanning when he appeared on this market list will be most likely the time he plays. if loothoarder's market db has this feature i would then just simply compute the time i play & extend or wake up time it to when the seller is online.

This may be a bit more challenging to handle, but not impossible. I'll have to play around with the data and see if there's a reliable way to do this in the future

and later update this into a full ro2 database like include pictures[/b](or link clicked for fast result rendering - comparison to like classic GMail™) of the item like for example serenia's great sword w/ stats(default but seller would have included runes hones - last option will require a harder but doable scan). long story short, i want to search serenia's great sword, it will appear w/ default stats & picture same as doskoi niceboat's db . the search list is just like loothoarder's normal search:

but an added feature would be to show the stats w/ hones/runes when i hover to the sellers item.

This is something I've planned to try and implement from the start, though it will probably be some time before I finish all of the important features and move on to the 'bells and whistles'. I'll try to post regular updates on this thread about the progress, my current objective is to finish the automatic scanning as well as the seller name search.

then, loothoarder could also update this site to have membership have a mail system have subscription if not accepts donation.

Zeny/item donations by mail are of course always a welcome motivation to keep working on projects like this :P I have considered offering some more advanced 'premium' features for a zeny membership fee, but I don't know if anyone would actually be interested in those. One idea I had was to allow email/txt notifications if an item you're watching goes on sale for a cheap price.

#8 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:36 PM

Improvements for today: 

• Added RO2 Server Status page linked at the bottom of the database homepage
  • Added a temporary downtime page to display while database is processing new auction house scans
  • Updates username search feature, it will no longer require exact matches or case sensitive search queries

#9 MightyMoo

MightyMoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:33 PM

Wow!!  This is ultimately uberly awesome!!!

Thanks a lot!

#10 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:12 AM

Nice job Toni! Good to see more tools being developed by the community.

#11 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:03 AM

Like http://ragial.com/ but even better. Thread should be pinned.

Thanks!

#12 chronojxf007

chronojxf007

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/ChronoJXF
  • Server:Playing Warframe

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:31 AM

Nice database toni! I'll recommend my guildmates to use that  :ok:  :no1:

#13 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:21 PM

Latest updates:
  • Hovering over items will now show the icon and description for that item, most items should have icons and descriptions now but some are still missing
  • Auction scans have been switched over to automatic and will now run on a schedule throughout the day to keep the information on the database up to date
  • If 0 item search results are found, the search will automatically search for seller names as well - this will help catch accidental searches of the wrong type

Edited by Tonitrua, 02 March 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#14 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

This is so cool.  

giphy.gif

#15 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

New Forum Sigs!
sig.png?id=Tonitrua

Just replace the two spots that say "YourNameHere" with your in-game character's name.

Edited by Tonitrua, 04 March 2016 - 04:49 PM.

#16 Oritzia

Oritzia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationFlying over the moon
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:34 AM

New Forum Sigs!
sig.png?id=Tonitrua

You sweet, sweet person. :o

#17 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

Latest update today: item descriptions are almost fully implemented - all equipments will show their full stats when you mouse over the item name. The next step will be to add the additional details like tradeable, bound, or slot numbers. That's coming soon™.

H6Y84Bg.png

xJ3nqLn.png

Edited by Tonitrua, 08 March 2016 - 01:13 PM.

#18 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:57 PM

The amazing things you do for this game Toni, it's a shame the developers aren't as talented as you are.

#19 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:40 AM

• Added text for items that cannot be traded, destroyed, or sold
  • Added rune hole information to all equipment, this will only show how many slots an item has but not which runes are in it yet
  • Refined equipment will now show the refine rate in the name
  • Item Rarity is now reflected in the item's name color in the mouse-over box
MfL3Icy.png

QHyWraM.png

My current goals are to continue to fully emulate the view you'd have in-game when looking at items and to display all associated info you would normally see in RO2. If possible, I hope to include honing and inserted runes in a future update.

Edited by Tonitrua, 10 March 2016 - 01:43 AM.

#20 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 10 March 2016 - 01:57 AM

Hey Tonitrua,

would you kindly add a side bar with item's record/tagged mainly cause there's some items i'm looking forward to get but i simply forget about it or its name, specially some materials for crafting/recipes etc. It's kinda time saving.

Thank you in advance.

#21 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:35 AM

Hey Tonitrua,

would you kindly add a side bar with item's record/tagged mainly cause there's some items i'm looking forward to get but i simply forget about it or its name, specially some materials for crafting/recipes etc. It's kinda time saving.

Thank you in advance.

I'm not entirely sure what you meant with record/tagged items, do you mean like a list of items that you can edit to watch specific items?

#22 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:05 PM

Would be nice to add messenger server to server status checker

#23 ryzzyk

ryzzyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Idun

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:00 PM

May I ask where do you get this AH information? Do you have access directly to RO2 DB or this information access available upon request?

I have telegram bot that do server status checker, and it will be nice if I'm able to include AH search service into this bot.

Thanks!

#24 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

May I ask where do you get this AH information? Do you have access directly to RO2 DB or this information access available upon request?

I have telegram bot that do server status checker, and it will be nice if I'm able to include AH search service into this bot.

Thanks!

I do not have any access to the RO2 database directly, the data for my site is collected by a bot running in-game which periodically scans through the auction house listings.

#25 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

New additions:

• Started implementing runes slotted into equipment
  • Added "Recent Items" section to the front page to show items you recently viewed
  • Added "Recent Sellers" section to the front page to show seller names you recently viewed
  • You can now see the price trend for any given item next to the "Low" price

NWbRRtW.png

Still in progress are the saved item lists where you'll be able to save items that you want to frequently view, and the under-priced items lists where you'll be able to see a quick snapshot of current good deals on the auction house. Runes in equipment are still a work in progress as well, and should be complete soon.

Edited by Tonitrua, 16 March 2016 - 11:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users