zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 26 February 2016 - 06:56 AM

Hi and welcome to this topic. In this post we will talk about some elga bug and what need to be change.

For what I can see after doing elga many time. That the BUG I encounter.

1: Elga Form 2: BUG: When elga is in charge mode before jumping up and do the One Shot skill AOE zone, it might create a invisible wall and you will be block inside is deadly zone.

What need to be done: fix the invisible wall so player can exit the Danger Zone

2: Elga Form 2: BUG:  After charging and ready to jump up elga will sometime change target and you will see is AOE zone one the floor. But the AOE zone is not correct and you might get killed even if you are the other side of the map

3: in a party or 4 and more player many player might crash before we reach elga cause unknown for now.

What need to be done: Make elga don’t switch target after the charge animation.

That was for my part of the know issue in elga until I fond mode.

Now about what need to be done in elga. Many or you already know that elga is supposed to be a RAID zone ‘’raid = 8 player group (2 party of 4’’) But at the moment elga can be solo by some class like invoker/ earth master, they maybe more but I dint try the other class and how it work with them.

What should be change in elga :

1:  add a rare mode for start that can be added in a normal patch. In this mode elga Raid would have a better drop rate for item needed to craft the RARE black dragon set.

2: make elga have More HP at the moment elga have 649k if I remember for the form 3. I don’t remember how much in for 1 an 2. But put is max HP Over 1.000.000.000, make him have a bit more defence, (I know it might sound strange but Lower is base damage and element damage) But make elga more aggressive.

Elga attack on form 1

1.  Fear = AOE zone / damage weak
  2. Flame breath attack /damage normal Good balance (make is zone = to the animation at the moment the zone is larger)
  3. Quick jump attack / damage nice
  4. Mini bite charge attack / damage good

‘’ if I miss some elga attack in form 1 pls add it ‘’

Form 2

1. Fire breath attack / damage realy high Many player will be one shot by it (elga do a 2 attack in a big fire breath animation that is way to large and hard to evade) (need to lower the zone and lower the damage)
  2. Dark lightning strike : the damage is good not to high not to low
  3. Fear : same one from form 1
  4. Fire tornado : I don’t know how much damage it does I never got hit by it super easy to evade if you’re constantly moving
  5. Egg drop : damage on impact weak but it summon monster so it ok
  6. Tail wipe : large AOE zone 180 degree on is side / damage good
  7. I think but I’m not sure he do a normal Claw attack damage good
  8. The Charge jump: the only time you can do damage on him. After the Groogie bar is out run for your life / damage OS on almost every class excepted Dragoon this is perfect But elga sometime don’t want to use this skill and you are just running around him for too much time. (this skill have no effect on perfect seal from invoker that can attack it and take the zone without dyeing. And emergency exit or the Dig hole skill from thief class)

Form 3

The 3e form is ok for is skill, the only thing I don’t like is the fire breath attack that cover 95% of the map the only way to survive it is to be on the top right or left of elga. And sometime you can evade it on the perfect center of the bottom of the screen ( yes perfect center it you are a bit to the left or right you will get hit. It not a OS skill but the damage is super-duper high if you don’t got 20k defence (BTW you can lower is damage from a fire résistance element)

For the OS skill in form 3 the only way to survive it is to run in to the Safe zone that will appear at random in the map or have the emergency exit from invoker.

#2 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:28 AM

Hey there!

Elga is my favorite content, so I'm just gonna drop my two cents in here.

As for the bugs you mentioned in phase 2, there's a moment where he cancels your animations BEFORE charging his carpet bomb attack. If you watch closely, he normally stands still for about a full second before charging the attack, and as soon as his shield drops, any animations the player is doing are stopped. (Spark rock. You u n0 work???)

I've never noticed the invisible wall glitch you're talking about, and him changing targets before he takes off isn't to bad, as you still have plenty of time to avoid the attack.
I DO wish that the hit box on the attack can be reduced. It's a fair bit bigger than it looks.

I've noticed a few attacks having much larger hit boxes than it seems, or the damage being calculated before the attack strikes. His quick jump attack on phase 1, his lightning and carpet bomb on phase 2, and his slam attack on phase 3.

His instakill attack on phase 3 is fine, in my opinion, but the bubbles that appear in the bottom corners of the arena can be hard to stand in for inexperienced players, as most of them are out of the range that players can move.

Let's talk about health and damage.
I've done elga with 5k defense/40k hp, and I've done elga with 35k defense/70k hp. I think his damage output right now is alright for the most part, but with the recent changes allowing his attacks to miss, he's become less threatening.

The boss himself COULD use more hp, but it's a difficult thing to balance in the game's current state. My summoner has mediocre gear, and can breeze through a solo farm run. My invoker has some pretty sweet gear, and kills him much slower. My couple's dragoon has similar gear to my summoner and can't make it past phase 2 before the time runs out.
The point I'm making is that classes need to be balanced before the boss can be.

Rare (or even hero. I want a LEGEND mode!) Maybe be a thing in the future. That sounds like a truckload of work for the team, and of course requires more resources than we can imagine to make. So maybe in the future, but there are more important things to take care of, in my opinion.

My last point. The dreaded fellowship bug. There's a bug that makes the game forget that you're in a fellowship and won't let you enter Elga himself unless it updates. (By someone disconnecting or leaving)
I THINK it's caused by someone taking damage when going into a minibosses room, but I don't have the time, resources, or friends (lol) needed to test it and submit a proper bug report. This bug has messed with me a lot. Earlier today, I had to restart twice to finally fight the boss XD

Anyways, I'm going to give Popcorn a poke so he can check on this thread. If he notices any bugs or anything he can fix, he's our man. :)

Edit: elemental resistance, and physical damage drop/defense will help you survive his carpet bomb on phase 2. It takes about 70% of both of my main characters' hp.

Edited by VModChimichanga, 26 February 2016 - 07:29 AM.

#3 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home
  • Server:The last legal one

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:02 AM

Here is what I know about elga bugs: I die instant... Ok joke aside, 2nd form: the carpet bomb animation is faster than the attack itself. If you run into the area to early, you get the full impact of the skill.

3d form: the elga in elga. You know what I mean, the visual bug. Looks really weird.

Dead people bug and run around (not only in elga) so its hard to revive them.

#4 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:10 AM

for that bug when player die and you see the body run, the only way to res then is to run after the dead body and use the res skill on him, i use to do that on my invoker and i know it wierd. when player say no i'm not there but they get revive cause you ran after the running corps xD.

For the invisible wall i did 20 run about now with my summoner and it only happen 2 time so it might be a rare case. i dont know how to trigger it yet but. i think it when you try to stay to long to do most of the damage you have a 1.2 sec before the AOE zone appear and you do a quick run jump and you character just bump on the invisible wall and your block there until the AOE pass. It like the game make a wall on the AOE zone so no one can enter or quit it. i need more test but i don't have to many resurrection item on me until the EGG come back in the game xD

#5 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:12 AM

for that bug when player die and you see the body run, the only way to res then is to run after the dead body and use the res skill on him, i use to do that on my invoker and i know it wierd. when player say no i'm not there but they get revive cause you ran after the running corps xD.

yes yes, i know, invoker since 2010

#6 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:14 AM

There a new bug i find on my last run it was really unexpected and i know exactly how to trigger it you will laugh.

I was helping a friend to do elga and by mistake i press the key action of my ultimate and he enter the boss room while my ultimate animation was running and when the boss zone load i was unable to see monster/boss/player for the full run until i reach elga portal. after entering the portal everything was back to normal but it was fun to watch. I was able to see all monster animation of the skill but not them xD

Edited by zirothos, 26 February 2016 - 11:15 AM.

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:35 AM

That animation stop thing is so annoying!

When it comes to balancing elga I think the difficulty dmg wise is good for an end game dungeon. That is if it wasn't supposed to be a raid. I feel like to get that full raid feeling it should hit so hard that parties absolutely need healers. But since we really don't have the usual dps-tank-healer thing here I think the dmg is fine, even with maxed out gear it's still a bit threatening .

Elga needs more aim or something, shouldn't be able to dodge its attacks so easily. I have 5400 evade on my priest, never tried to build any of it, and it misses all the time!

We all know the differences in dmg between classes is way to big and also "wrong" classes deal way too much. Balancing that is hard but has to be done before buffing elga's health, otherwise that would be incredibly unfair to all other classes but summoner basically.

Due to there being as many bloodys as hp potions on this server the loot you get from doing elga is crap. That's for the end loot, the misc are good but then again that's only something 1 class can farm well and 1-2 others can kind of get them. These classes have no real reason to party with anyone other then of course for fun, since they'd get more out of it solo. So some new good item to spice up the loot from there would be nice (and fair for other classes), best item you can currently get is a very rare pet egg and that's only 1.5k.

#8 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

There a new bug i find on my last run it was really unexpected and i know exactly how to trigger it you will laugh.

I was helping a friend to do elga and by mistake i press the key action of my ultimate and he enter the boss room while my ultimate animation was running and when the boss zone load i was unable to see monster/boss/player for the full run until i reach elga portal. after entering the portal everything was back to normal but it was fun to watch. I was able to see all monster animation of the skill but not them xD

The same glitch exist in kryos. When you use a ult and get hit by the tail, you cant see other player and monster aswell.

#9 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

That animation stop thing is so annoying!

When it comes to balancing elga I think the difficulty dmg wise is good for an end game dungeon. That is if it wasn't supposed to be a raid. I feel like to get that full raid feeling it should hit so hard that parties absolutely need healers. But since we really don't have the usual dps-tank-healer thing here I think the dmg is fine, even with maxed out gear it's still a bit threatening .

Elga needs more aim or something, shouldn't be able to dodge its attacks so easily. I have 5400 evade on my priest, never tried to build any of it, and it misses all the time!

We all know the differences in dmg between classes is way to big and also "wrong" classes deal way too much. Balancing that is hard but has to be done before buffing elga's health, otherwise that would be incredibly unfair to all other classes but summoner basically.

Due to there being as many bloodys as hp potions on this server the loot you get from doing elga is crap. That's for the end loot, the misc are good but then again that's only something 1 class can farm well and 1-2 others can kind of get them. These classes have no real reason to party with anyone other then of course for fun, since they'd get more out of it solo. So some new good item to spice up the loot from there would be nice (and fair for other classes), best item you can currently get is a very rare pet egg and that's only 1.5k.

It's odd, how bloodys become so cheap instantly. 8k turns into 500g in only 3 months.

Spoiler

#10 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:36 PM

It's odd, how bloodys become so cheap instantly. 8k turns into 500g in only 3 months.

Spoiler

It was worse than that bloodies dropped from 25k to 1g in about a week due to...issues...

#11 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:59 PM

-Elga need more aim rate (it miss me MOST of the time, especially when play with Ninja/Destro)

-Elga will need more HP (dungeon getting too easy since the amount of summoners and priests increased) Does the HP varies with number of members?

-The ground spike skill of Elga in form 3 will need to be fixed,  once you step in the range there's no way you could dodge it even if run out before Elga attack

-Fix Elga form 2 Aerial Flamethrower (it is not consider to be a bug, more like lag. I learned to survive by jump out of the range and do some X spam or whatever skill)

-Fix attack box Elga form 1 and 2 Ground Flamethrower (When stand out of range still get hit)

-Yo man there's a glitch that could make "two" Elgay spirit eyes to come out after destroy gate (the picture is no photoshop)

-Yea @sammy the moment when your member's dead body runs around (not only in Elga) is very hard to revive

-              ^        It so funny to see 2 Elgays in the cutscene when entering Form 3

-Please Please why the Elga Treasure Chest also get Block from auto-summoned Emergency Exit in Elga ZZZ Can't hit if the Chest is within the foam range zzz

- "Quick jump attack" Also have issue, when out of range but still get hit

2%20eyesqqq_zpsqt09q87q.jpg

#12 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 03:26 PM

-Elga need more aim rate (it miss me MOST of the time, especially when play with Ninja/Destro)

-Elga will need more HP (dungeon getting too easy since the amount of summoners and priests increased) Does the HP varies with number of members?

-The ground spike skill of Elga in form 3 will need to be fixed,  once you step in the range there's no way you could dodge it even if run out before Elga attack

-Fix Elga form 2 Aerial Flamethrower (it is not consider to be a bug, more like lag. I learned to survive by jump out of the range and do some X spam or whatever skill)

-Fix attack box Elga form 1 and 2 Ground Flamethrower (When stand out of range still get hit)

-Yo man there's a glitch that could make "two" Elgay spirit eyes to come out after destroy gate (the picture is no photoshop)

-Yea @sammy the moment when your member's dead body runs around (not only in Elga) is very hard to revive

-              ^        It so funny to see 2 Elgays in the cutscene when entering Form 3

-Please Please why the Elga Treasure Chest also get Block from auto-summoned Emergency Exit in Elga ZZZ Can't hit if the Chest is within the foam range zzz

- "Quick jump attack" Also have issue, when out of range but still get hit

2%20eyesqqq_zpsqt09q87q.jpg

I don't understand  what you are saying. The skill easy to be dodge When the groogie bar is turn out you have 4 sec to get out of the way you don't even need to rush out

i would say form 1 ground Flamethrower Hit box is lower then the animation of the Flame.

For Form 2 the hit box it so large is hit from 270 degrees in front of the dragon blast so at least 30% to big.

-Yo man there's a glitch that could make "two" Elga spirit eyes to come out after destroy gate (the picture is no Photoshop)

how did you do this glitch after doing 10 elga in a row i never seen this

you mean the 2 large circle in front of him that he active from smashing the ground?  I never add any problem evade it. maybe you are not synchronize with the server How many MS lag do you have.

I have seen worst then a block xD if you don't have not enough aim and you are lower lv then the box you can even do miss on it. How do you miss a object that not moving :heh:  But yes this should be fix it a real problem when it happen.

No i don't think elga get more HP when we are many player.

Hp of all form in solo mode so you can test your self if the HP is base on party or not

form 1 39.xxx.xxx

Form 2 37.xxx.xxx

Form 3 69.xxx.xxx I put some X cause i don't know the exact number and i don't think it mater xD

I will add about chest when you reach the inside of elga to farm the chest some time the chest don't give any item this should be fix too

PS : just for statistic : I got The full Hero POS set +20 with the Normal Black dragon Glove With many attack speed item + a attack speed pet and i got  391% attack speed and 38565 magic attack before any buff i got 267% critical damage and 21.2 Final critical rate >>>Class Earth master   (i got no card on me at the moment and no option expansion )

My average time is 5min to 5 min 30 to kill the first 3 boss and run to elga portal and 7-12 min to kill all 3 form... i'm not counting the ending cut scene or the opening one. i dont know if the Timer keep going in between cut scene form.

Edited by zirothos, 26 February 2016 - 07:21 PM.

#13 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

Ive had that double eye/shield bug. Wierd but if you manage to kill both of them it fixes itself. You can even use that to your advantage since aoe skills hit both eyes and you only need to kill one to get chests. I have no idea what might cause it though and it's too early to think.

#14 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

I think the double eye happens if you kill it JUST as it goes back inside elga. I could be wrong.

#15 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:24 AM

I think the double eye happens if you kill it JUST as it goes back inside elga. I could be wrong.

You are absolutely right with that. There is a small delay between the disappearing of the eye so in this short amount of time you are still able to do damage to the eye, when you kill it then, the cutscene for entering the heart will appear. When this is done, Elga will spawn 2 shields together. When you destroy the 1st shield an eye appears and the 2nd one will appear as soon as the 2nd shield got destroyed. Well, this is what happens to me almost every Elga run because my killing timing is not fast enough to kill the eye in one try without the bug (unless the Dark Knight is supporting me).

#16 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:14 AM

You are absolutely right with that. There is a small delay between the disappearing of the eye so in this short amount of time you are still able to do damage to the eye, when you kill it then, the cutscene for entering the heart will appear. When this is done, Elga will spawn 2 shields together. When you destroy the 1st shield an eye appears and the 2nd one will appear as soon as the 2nd shield got destroyed. Well, this is what happens to me almost every Elga run because my killing timing is not fast enough to kill the eye in one try without the bug (unless the Dark Knight is supporting me).

Ah ha! That's a step in getting to the bottom of this. Since it's not game breaking, it will be low priority to fix, though, so farm away. :)

#17 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 07:08 AM

I just finish my team Elga run and no elga dont have more hp in group or solo it the same.

#18 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:22 AM

After doing many elga, testing my time each try and see how much item I could get and how the rate of the item was with the market price.  And how this fight should be like.

There the report: Elga farm is not made for GOLD; you will get more gold in F1 G farm or crafting good card or drop luck. The chance to get a rare loot in Elga ‘‘Bloody or the pet’’ is too low for how much you can sell it in the market. Until the price goes back to 8k+ those item is not made for profit.

The Elga in the other hand can be made with a average speed of 15 min in solo mode with a Earth master. The fact that the Base Hp of the BOSS and Elga don’t change with a party make it easier to do and make it much faster too. Maybe the Base HP is correct for a Solo player but it should be way higher for a party. And even greater in a raid party.

Until they make a droppable set in Elga like they did in many other Dungeon ‘’ rare and hero’’ the Black Claws lair won’t be Profitable for end game cap player. So if you think Elga farming is made for gold nop it not. It only made for a challenge of knowing the pattern in solo mode. Or help a teammate with the item farm to craft the weapon or set part.

The last thing is not about Elga specially but about things that need to be change. The way of the Durability formula. I think the weapon break to fast cause many of us got high attack speed value. Not only for invoker or summoned but any class who build the attack speed for pvp or pve. Mostly on invoker the weapon break at a super alarm rate. For me to solo Elga with my invoker I need 3 weapons. And 2 will break and the last one will be at 30/120.  For my earth master I can do the full run with one weapon in fast run and it will be at 55-60/120. And I got more attack speed on my earth master.

Last thing I just found out in the last run I did. If you pass the cap of 400% attack speed the animation will be slower. After many test the best attack speed for summoner ‘’with a good pc’’ (yes the pc make a different in the attack speed  at the moment) I’m not sure why it make it faster with good pc pc but... I got 3 pc at my place and  I try my attack speed on my old pc it at least 30% slower. So maybe my 400% cap bug cause my pc make me attack faster all ready and I pass the break point of the game. Anyways that was my report. I hope it will help for future change.

PS: I hope my English is not to bad, I try my best but I’m still French xD so if you see some stuff that make no sense in this, quote it and I will try to redo it a better way. :p_hi:

Edited by zirothos, 27 February 2016 - 08:28 AM.

#19 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:40 AM

Farming miscs is good gold, although sometimes certain miscs go dirt cheap because there's too many for sell. You can certainly get more than from f1 with a summoner. Also weapon recipes and sometimes other recipes too yield nice extra income. But ye for the end game boss it's not good, and if only a few classes can really benefit from it that's obviously an issue.

#20 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:46 PM

Invokers break weapons faster than summoners because they do less damage requiring you to hit more.

#21 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:21 AM

Good i think  know exactly how to activate the 2 eye glitch and it a bit tricky but i think i got it now.

if you cant kill the eye in one shot you do the most damage possible and the 2nd time you try to do just enough to not kill him and when the message appear you finish him and you will enter the chest zone and after killing the shield he will have no hp and will spwn a other shield and there you will have 2 shield and 2 eye, if do enough damage you will be able to farm the chest room in a super fast way.

Edited by zirothos, 01 March 2016 - 09:25 AM.

#22 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:43 PM

i was doing a normal farm with a friend and elga just freeze after took down the wall Dragonsaga16030117383800.jpg

Server Time 14:37:40 To 14:38:38 after that we quite elga

Elga just freeze and the wall dint vanish

Edit one elga after > The game did the same bug  ''16h24 to 16h 27 server time in egla''  elga bug in the chest zone he dint move all chest give nothing and we could do damage to him until he reach 0  Dragonsaga16030119235403.jpg

we talk a bit for 3 min and then elga decide to die and all the loot pop up on once in the ending cut scene we we just barly have the time to took all the look after the cut scene XD there the nice screen of elga with 0 HP and us moving round and talking

Edited by zirothos, 01 March 2016 - 03:46 PM.

#23 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

Question for all elga runner. have you notice a change in ELGA   AI>>>> he acting weird since 16h server time   in form 3 is spamming spell after the shield brake and i almost 2 shot him in solo. in form 2 he dont want to do the jump attack. i waited for7 min befor he do one. and form 1 he was almost frozen.. no reaction at all.

4 elga in a row and 4 time the same wierd AI elga i did a 2 shot elga for my last run 66% hp lost in 1 shot that not normal

Edited by zirothos, 04 March 2016 - 03:13 PM.

#24 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:40 PM

It's called "RNG."

#25 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:32 PM

RNG?????

Just for you to know i done  almost at 40 ''solo'' elga  this week and i can see when a AI is changing attack pattern sequence.

and for a elga to not do any action in form one is not normal.

And in form 3 it rare to pass the 30%-35% in solo one shot so deal 50% it not normal at all. when you do elga with the same equipment since the start

Edited by zirothos, 04 March 2016 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users