Suggestion; Make 5-element Resist Possible - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Suggestion; Make 5-element Resist Possible

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#1 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:50 PM

Now I know an element system rework is in the plans for the future development. This is more, temporary solution to a recently appearing problem until said system rework.

To respect rules of forums and privacy I can't give names but examining endgame PvP from Friend screenshots of players I found a certain type of element card, 5-element 6-star, has been appearing in that level of play. Whether or not it's legit well it's there now and like anything "abused" the damage is done and it can't be removed sadly.

Demolition element itself is a scary beast. Due to elements incomplete release and update, it literally has no counter. It ignores everything. Think a type of "True Damage" if you will. Normally with 4-stars or even 5-stars, a good 200 Demolition Element max isn't a scary thing, but when values of 500-600+ on classes like Priest and Summoner are put into play, then it's a problem.

Temporary Solution; Bring 5-element Resist in the game.

Now before you type about obvious rule-breaking accusations. Note that there's three ways I'm gonna suggest this;

1.) New cards.

Pros;

-Clean Start. No one has it until it's gotten.

-Resparked interest in element farming.

-Fair way for obtaining them can be made that will still require value or grind.

-Possibility for 6* drop.

Cons;

-Time taken to obtain and test = potentially long.

-6* Resists max potential....Nuff said.

-Would obviously be insane rare.

2.) Add 5-element resist to Rare Elga/Hero Protector of the stars.

Pros;

-Everyone with the sets would have an equal amount. No grinding aside from completing a set which tons of people already have.

-The Max resist for Demo would likely be 4290, the default resist for full PoS. Meaning those with Demo will still have their power. There's just an appropriate defense to counter it.

Cons;

-Would seem...too easy.

3.) New Equipment with Demolition or 5-element resist.

Pros;

-New gear...obviously.

-Possibilities that might have never existed before. Like perhaps Shields in level ranges never done before. Cape replacements. Accessories, etc.

-Maybe added in drop tables of existing dungeons. To avoid a long wait for new maps/dungeons.

-Those with Demo can still be tough, items will now exist for the occasion of it needed a counter.

Cons;

-Players might feel forced to incorporate this gear into existing sets. Some players can do this willy-nilly no problem, some will need effort and grind for gear replacement.

Just give your thoughts. Note I don't wish to see the usual finger-pointing that leads to topic deletes.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:18 PM

Hello Coolsam,

5-element stuff is not wanted. Please send me names and screenshots either by e-mail (you can find my e-mail address in my profile) or by PM. Please let me check where these cards are coming from and who has them.  Also I wish to know when you first saw them.

I will also talk to our producer to completely remove ALL stats from these cards as soon as possible if your screenshots are legit. These cards have not been given out by me or Alteris. 

I am awaiting your PM. Thanks.

Edit: If someone else has names, screenshots or got these cards from any source, please let me know. Also information on how they have been obtained - if this is the truth - would be helpful. Any help to clarify this matter is really appreciated.

#3 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 28 February 2016 - 11:48 PM

5 element attacks drop from dungeons and boxes. Resists do not exist.

gms from the past have acquired elemental cards above 6*s. And the limit for all cards available range up to 6* and was intended albeit probably not for pvp back then.

Popcorn should know that these cards that I list is farmable in dungeons or by opening boxes and is obtainable by normal players and not only gm acquirable.

Attacks:

Singles Nature/Dark/Fire/Ice up to 6*

Duals (Nature/Dark)/(Ice/Fire) up to 6*

4 element up to 6*

5 element up to 6*

Resists:

Singles Nature/Dark/Fire/Ice up to 6*

Duals (Nature/Dark)/(Ice/Fire) up to 6*

4 element up to 6*

Edited by Agitodesu, 28 February 2016 - 11:55 PM.

#4 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:01 AM

Popcorn you can rollback the server an entire year and these cards would still exist since they were actually farmed.  :yawn:

Few exist for a reason, they don't run rampant like 4 element cards  

Edit: Suggestion, Remove element entirely from working in pvp,bsq,and emporia just how soul expanders don't work in pvp make it the same for element. 

Edited by Starkespada1, 29 February 2016 - 12:16 AM.

#5 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:04 AM

All ele dungeons and attack boxes ye, but the rates are insanely low. Sometimes you drop them, so it's impossible to say if these cards are fraudulent or not. If there's only a few of these 6* that would suggest they are legit and certain people just couldn't get their hands on them.  I don't even want to know what the chance of getting a 5 element 6* is when you see less 5 element 4*s than single element 6*s though.

Think the only real solution is that ele rework, although your suggestions 2 and 3 could work. 1 has the problem that if the chance for a 6* 5 resist card is as low as a 6* 5 attack card, it might as well not exist, since getting it in a legit way would be so god damn hard.

#6 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:10 AM

Elements weren't even meant for pvp in the first place. Getting it removed completely later and fixing skills/balancing attack and defense mechanics is much better than all this nonsense. You could screw the old players who farmed these cards, and push the reset button and guide the game in the right direction for pvp. It would definitely be for the community for pvp if you lower the standards for stacking to just +20 legend stuff, which is totally farmable and is sped up with money. Adding another layer of stacking that completely crushes the +20 cap for casual players and such is not fun.

#7 Likku382

Likku382

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:18 AM

Remove all elements or make elements resist for every single one.

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:21 AM

Thanks for the informations. We will investigate if there is an abnormal high amount of these cards existing in the game.  Every information which could help us checking if these cards have been obtained on a legit way is very appreciated. Depending on the outcome we can discuss further steps. 

#9 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:44 AM

It's a slow night. Reworking elements sure is tricky.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there's a very good reason that 5 element resistance doesn't exist, rather, it doesn't work correctly since it was scrapped.

Despite elements being a troublesome issue, there are things that can be done to immensely help balance it for everyone.

#10 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:07 AM

Elements weren't even meant for pvp in the first place. Getting it removed completely later and fixing skills/balancing attack and defense mechanics is much better than all this nonsense. You could screw the old players who farmed these cards, and push the reset button and guide the game in the right direction for pvp. It would definitely be for the community for pvp if you lower the standards for stacking to just +20 legend stuff, which is totally farmable and is sped up with money. Adding another layer of stacking that completely crushes the +20 cap for casual players and such is not fun.

Completely removing the system is unfair for most people with 6*s I would imagine. The best thing to do is change elements to be mostly effective in pve, but also doing something in pvp, but not being a requirement. This would cause 3 things:

1. People who now have cards get to keep their cards and have them still be useful. (current stacked players happy(ish)) 
  2. The cards being super rare actually flips to being a good thing since it dramatically raises the max gear cap without making people too op. (Warpportal happy)
  3. Element 6*s would not be automatically needed to stand up to everyone in pvp, making it more enjoyable and appealing to more people. (Currently non stacked players happy)

So it's almost a win-win-win! Only problem is the way to do this. Stormhaven suggested elements to be a % of your total dmg output after attack and defense have been calculated in some topic, which I think is the best way, tho requires quite a bit of number crunching, tests and other changes to balance.

Other thing that could bypass the issue a bit would be to rework empo (get rid of those atk turns) and make ranking mode actually be gear balanced (and remove the balancing of classes while making a room there). This way you wouldn't miss out on anything if you didn't have op element cards. Except completely owning ppl, that you would miss out on!

Or add additional ways to counter elements like new equipment, new ways to obtain cards, w/e.

There's lot's of options besides complete removal. But in the end it comes down to the fact that something has to be done to keep more players interested in playing longer. Pvp is the end game, and currently ours is not very attracting.

#11 CMKaye

CMKaye

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:53 AM

Getting an update from Warpportal has been a long overdue request. The last major update was galaxia almost 2 years ago and it doesn't feel like any major update is coming to our way anytime soon (sadly). All the recent event's that we have are just recycled from past events, nothing original.

Regarding element cards/stats, I am not particularly excited about implementing demolition resist because I know off the bat, element rework requires time. I do know, however, that it is clearly unfair to have an existing element that can not be negated. All 4 elements (fire, ice, nature, dark) damage can lessen the impact (although the attribute:resistance ratio is out balance) somehow.  400-600 demolition attribute alone + put it on a summoner or priest can cause devastating damage on a well stacked/funded character. It doesn't take a lot to realize that.

Edited by CMKaye, 29 February 2016 - 02:27 AM.

#12 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:36 AM

There is like 3 to 4 5 element cards in the server because of how scarce it is to find 6 cards and even more scarce to find higher elemental cards cards meanwhile theres like 50+ 4 elemental 6 star cards running rampant on the server. Heck i see alts with full 4 element 6 star resist cards on their gear. How is that even possible.

Elements itself is controversial. It's claim that with element it allows lowly stacked gear to compete with +20s. It has created an even larger imbalance in pvp and anyone with +20 gear lategame can't compete with ppl with +20 gear high element atk or resist. It's a bit sad when other guilds can't compete with 2 guilds. Then you look at low level bsqs and you have their alts with high element atk, resists and +20s.

Honestly before elements came into pvp almost every class was viable in pvp. Now all we just see are invokers, summoners and sorcs.

If you want to balance elements take it out from pvp to make it simple or rework the formula.

Edited by ohsnap, 29 February 2016 - 03:39 AM.

#13 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:31 AM

The number of 5 elemental cards is extremely low. compare it with the 4 element cards are all over the place with the ratio way off. 

Edited because the post you answered in your first sentence has been hidden.

#14 ivey558

ivey558

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:35 AM

No need to sweat kids, what needs to be done will be done and what doesn't need to be done will not be bothered.

Let nature run its course :D

Also, let's not derive from the original purpose of this post. There's 4-ele resist for each 4-ele attack out there. Is there 5-ele resist? 

Ya, didn't think so. Let's just stop arguing over something that can easily be solved with some screenshots! 

#15 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:39 AM

I believe WP are aware of the cards in the market and I know that they are on process of investigation. You can't stop them from checking those elements. Especially the 6* demos and other 6* resist and atks in the market.

#16 AnimeOX

AnimeOX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

Just take elements out from PVP , most people happy

#17 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:51 AM

I have hidden several posts because they can result in flaming. Insulting and accusing specific players and guilds is not helpful at all.

This topic is very highly appreciated to get an overview over player's opinions on elements itself and how it can be balanced for PvP to become more fun and a better game experience for everyone. I ask you kindly for keep this topic clean or else unfortunately I have no other option than to lock it.

Thanks.

#18 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:51 AM

Just take elements out from PVP , most people happy

I'm one of the person that will be unhappy if they took out the elements. There's always a reason why the element are existing in this game. If for example they took out the elements what will be the purpose of element dungeons?? Aside from that, this will be a boring game where in healers will dominate this game. Example +20 full geared invokers and warlocks, I dont know if you can kill them without the elements lol.

Instead of removing let them work properly to investigate those suspicious elements.

#19 ivey558

ivey558

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:56 AM

Replacing all 5-element attacks with 4-element attacks would be a reasonable approach.
Anyone got reasons why this would be a bad idea? Besides the fact that there's no resist for 5-element attacks :P

Single Element Attack = Single Element Resists = Check
Dual Element Attack = Dual Element Resists = Check
4 Element Attack = 4 Element Resists = Check
5 Element Attack = ??? Wheres the resist bros

#20 AlexeiVL

AlexeiVL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:00 AM

Removing elements shouldn't even be considered as a lot of players who had invested real money or time (farming, making gold in game) to purchase those cards ranging from 100k up to 300-400k per. 'Most people' happy are of course our new players and under achieving old players in this game.

However pushing thru the barrier of having 5eles resists are surely understandable because no matter how you farm it it's not obtainable. 5eles 6* attack hasnt resurfaced recently from pure farming or having money to buy basics and exchange for element boxes.

Sometimes I even wonder if the team has secretly banned the chance of even getting a 5eles 6* attack from box  :heh:

Edited by AlexeiVL, 29 February 2016 - 05:13 AM.

#21 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:03 AM

Replacing all 5-element attacks with 4-element attacks would be a reasonable approach.
Anyone got reasons why this would be a bad idea? Besides the fact that there's no resist for 5-element attacks :P

Single Element Attack = Single Element Resists = Check
Dual Element Attack = Dual Element Resists = Check
4 Element Attack = 4 Element Resists = Check
5 Element Attack = ??? Wheres the resist bros

This is true, this can also mean of unfinished development process from the previous developer.

#22 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:05 AM

Making element flourish in pve, while in pvp, reworking skills and the equations would be much better off and can be great since we can always change the numbers . Again I think many have forgotten the fact that elements were not intended for pvp, ever. That's the same thing as redoing all the sockets done on the ragged ghost set.

#23 AlexeiVL

AlexeiVL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:05 AM

This is true, this can also mean of unfinished development process from the previous developer.

Thats why people are suggesting no?

#24 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:21 AM

2 Cents from a PVE player that sees and hears stuff in the game.

1) Remove the demolition element from those cards (basically turn them "back" info 4 element cards). So nobody has any unfair advantage anymore.

2) Disable the whole element thing for Emporia War. ( I guess I don't need to point out why, if even a pve player like me is aware what is going on there)

This is a guild fight and should be based on talent and teamwork and not only be based on the mighty power of elements. Just my personal opinion.

3) Keep the element system as is for any other PVP mode (BSQ, elimination, death match, ranking........dunno, whatever there is) until it can be properly reworked. So it's influence is less on PVP and more on PVE then - like it was originally intended and totally messed up by our beloved korean developers.

This could make things more fair and maybe suit both kinds of players (element stacking ones and not element stacking ones).....just my two cents.

Edit: Until the whole mess we call element system can be properly reworked and I mean properly ......this time.

(I would love to see it useful in pve......)

Edited by Fliederduft78, 29 February 2016 - 05:23 AM.

#25 AlexeiVL

AlexeiVL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:25 AM

Disable the whole element thing for Emporia War. ( I guess I don't need to point out why, if even a pve player like me is aware what is going on there)

This is a guild fight and should be based on talent and teamwork and not only be based on the mighty power of elements. Just my personal opinion.

If you are a pve player, why do you go for emporia war? Isnt that pvp? :>
Just sayin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users