Suggestion: earring socket cards - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Suggestion: earring socket cards

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:08 AM

Hello, everyone!
I was having a chat with a friend yesterday (I won't mention you, but hey, kiddo! XD) and we began discussing socket cards for earrings.

As we know, Galaxia dungeons offer cards for rings, and necklaces, but a few months ago, (some?) earrings became socketable, with no cards to put in the slots.
I wonder, is it possible to get some cards made for these, with the same skills as the IM accessories?

Also, we were chatting about the old professions systems. Remember the old MyHome processing machines? Furniture buffs + nostalgia. XD

Just a thought.
Any input on the ideas? :)

#2 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:53 AM

How about a card that you could socket in you earrings only and that would give you a weapon glow, no matter what grade your weapon and IM weapon were? So a card for each glow, +5 glow being most common and +20 glow the rarest.

#3 Usolando

Usolando

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

Not stat-oriented ? People will dislike it.

Sarcasm and jokes aside, while I understand your reasoning, I cannot agree with what I understand from it : if anyone is willing to have their weapon glow a particular way, then they should just have this weapon enchanted to the desired level. I think of your suggestion, Precrush, as I did of some other that would have let players change the appearance of parts of their gear. In a way, it is bypassing the old "stats or looks" rule, and tends to let players have the cake and eat it too.

If you wish to see a particular set or glow on your character, have it equipped. This is, in my opinion, the only acceptable way of fulfilling such desires.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:26 PM

Well I don't understand why "stats or looks" should be a rule. I can't think of any reason, not even a single one. Purposefully handicapping yourself like that would only really be an option if all you wanted to do was stand in PoW all day.

#5 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:00 AM

Sarcasm and jokes aside, while I understand your reasoning, I cannot agree with what I understand from it : if anyone is willing to have their weapon glow a particular way, then they should just have this weapon enchanted to the desired level.

Look is very important to people to give their chars individuality. It can't be the goal that people need to pay a lot (they might not be able to) just to get a specific colored look for their weapon glow while they don't want to enchant. For sure - it's a normal thing for a F2P game that you pay for the look, but there is no reason why to pay for enchanting if you just want to have the look. Either you pay for the look because you want to be individual or you pay for the enchanting. If both matches - for example that a costume is good looking while having good stats - you are lucky. But there are others who don't care for the look or for the stats.

I see no reason why a specific look (in this case the glow) has to be bound to enchanting and why we should force players to pay for enchanting only to have a specific glow. Enchanting can't be compared to buying a costume. And I don't think that a glow of a specific color on your weapon legitimates that high cost for enchanting. And it's no secret that enchanting is not cheap. Also it's rather unfair that one has to enchant only to +10 to get a specific color while others have to enchant to +20 for example.

However, it has no high priority yet. But if there's some free time it could be looked into.

#6 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:42 AM

I do like the idea of changing/removing the aura on weapons, but wouldnt that belong in its own topic, unless we were using two socket slots on earrings. Haha. More hammers, anyone?

#7 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:46 AM

It was just a suggestion as to what kind of sockets they could be, doesn't have to be skills you know^^

#8 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:49 AM

I just figured that we could keep accessories to skills. Rings have them, and necklaces have them. XD

#9 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:59 AM

True, but I like killing multiple birds with as few stones as possible!

#10 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:24 AM

The turn on double shot, and lets get crankin'. :P

I was thinking that maybe the weapon glow/aura could be taken care of via a chat with the blacksmith, or maybe even something from the journal, where you can access all of the auras available to your weapon.

I always used it as a reference when checking people's stats before accepting them into fellowships, etc, so I would disagree with the +20 aura being available to a weapon of lower enchant.

#11 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:29 AM

I'd also like a special socket for the earrings that support changing the color of your weapon. So like from no glow at all (due to some lags because of the glow or highly dislike of glowing) up to +20 or even some super new just socket thing glow.

When we're at glowing of the weapon, how about a socket card to disable the elemental aura flying around your character / change it to other color ( more than just the "normal" element colors).

#12 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:15 AM

I think making cards for changing the aura would be confusing, what if everyone use +20 auras for making other people lag or as it was said several times, simulating a player that have a +20, even if that is only a +5 weapon ?

However, I highly support having a card that disables weapon's aura, even if I won't use rhat card since I have a double blue aura (Water Guardian weapon aura and 8 - 10 enchant aura ;) )

For the elements, I don't really know.

I've seen people switching elements during a fight because the PvPer noticed that his opennent was using the same elemental defense as the elemental attack they used. Hiding the element aura could be abused, especially in 1vs1 PvP.

Edited by 5143121023173906760, 02 March 2016 - 03:16 AM.

#13 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:11 AM

If +20 auras make you lag that bad perhaps it's time to look into upgrading. Besides most people already have +20 auras. A way to change the aura to your liking wouldn't increase the number of +20 auras, it would reduce it. People don't want to have that one, it's widely thought to be the worst looking one. 

You can just inspect their gear, there's no need to quickly see if a persons weapon is +20. And it's only natural that getting a +20 aura would be  the most expensive, why would anyone invest into that when they could actually upgrade their weapon. Not to mention that IM weapons already hide the fact that a person has a +20 weapon in a lot of cases, it's the same thing but reversed. Do you just not take those people in your elga runs or what? That btw is the use of having a way of getting a +20 aura, if you want to say use one of those pirate IM weapons and still have that aura, you wouldn't have to waste gold making the pirate weapon +20.

People should get to choose their weapon glow, in my mind there's no question about that. Element glow though has a clear purpose other than looks, it shows what resist that person has which is valuable information. So that shouldn't be changeable I think, not with an earring socket or anything.

Think we can all agree it'd be nice to have cards for earrings, be it skills, stats or some appearance effect.

#14 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:28 AM

I'm all for changing the weapon glow (yes including a no glow option - for the people disliking glows because of whatever reason).

I would be fine with an extra socket that is just for that on earrrings, or weapon itself maybe. I'm talking about a specific socket just for this purpose that can't be used for anything else, just for the glow thing.

If I want to know what the other people have equipped, I look at their char screens. I always do that and everyone else can do that too.

Not taking anyone with you (wherever) because you dislike the glow of that guys weapon (aka it is not enchanted high enough I suppose) is a true nogo for me personally. I look for the people and not for their stats and I don't care at all if I got a fully stacked legend +20 with me while Kryos farming, or a simple +5 advanced guy. You can have the same fun with both of them.

Yes, Elga..........I know and I understand. But you can always look at their character screen and check inside there. It's not that hard. :p_smile:

A weapon glow does not change this ^ possibility at all.

#15 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:44 AM

What's a valid thing to be concerned about though is whether or not this is the right way to implement this glow changing thing. A socket on an earring that changes the weapons glow does not make very much sense I must admit, even though it is hitting two birds with one stone as I said. New skill cards would be consistent with the theme. There are other options too though, maybe some sort of element card to make it that much easier to get much needed resist. Maybe a few different types of sockets that would unlock a completely new skills, giving a little bit of customization to classes skills wise, which is something we've never had. There's so many options!

#16 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:01 AM

Earring sockets should probably correspond with their IM counterparts for each class, just like they do with other accessories.  I believe that makes the most sense.

How to farm?  Not exactly sure.  Maybe one of the dungeons in Galaxia could be changed so it includes that loot on a certain day, or introduce a new production through Farmer Midas

#17 Usolando

Usolando

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

Popcorn, your comment makes sense. I will think about it.

Precrush, killing birds is ignominious. Prepare for revenge !

23.-les-oiseaux-the-birds-alfred-hitchco

#18 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:56 AM

*Prepares the stones*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users