39 replies to this topic

#1 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:57 AM

I remember that we had a coin in game that would give you a random amount of zeny.

Could we alter that coin into a new coin and put in a npc so that we could turn 1billion zeny into one coin.

I know some have a huge problem with maxing out zeny and some items cost more than the max a character could trade thus producing a scenario where you have to trust the person not to run off with your item or zeny while trading.

So my thought is you go to the npc in Eden.

Give him 1billion zeny and receive the coin.

The coin would be tradable, storagable, (does not need to be vendable)

Then just double clicking it would give you one billion zeny if you have room for it.

Then you could trade easily with other people and also your merchant could have way over the max zeny amount. This would cut down on trouble tickets in the long run from item trades. Also it would calm down a lot of people who wish we could carry more zeny.

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:58 AM

dupe

#3 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

dupe

Well that doesnt stop my idea. If you can dupe you can already dupe items worth billions so that doesnt change anything or have anything to do with this idea

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

it just makes the duping situation worse so...

#5 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

Like I said. If you have the ability to dup things, this wont effect it because 1. It would be easier to track this coin to see who has turn it into the npc vs who has a crap ton in there inv. 2. Like I said, if you can dub things then you already can make whatever you want. You could just dub items and elu till you had +20 of things for yourself.

Doesnt really effect this idea because if thats going on it nothing can really make it worse than not taking care of it.

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:18 AM

currently you can dupe items. with this you can instantly create zeny out of thin air. you think that'll make the server a better place, or improve the economy in any way? coins would be good for when they finally fix the duping issue, not before.

#7 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

Like I said. If you have the ability to dup things, this wont effect it because 1. It would be easier to track this coin to see who has turn it into the npc vs who has a crap ton in there inv. 2. Like I said, if you can dub things then you already can make whatever you want. You could just dub items and elu till you had +20 of things for yourself.

Doesnt really effect this idea because if thats going on it nothing can really make it worse than not taking care of it.

I've seen numerous iterations of this concept proposed. Duplication exploits are a general concern with this. It would be more viable if, upon creation, said bullion item were assigned a unique serial number that was checked against all others on the server before it is converted back to Zeny. If a duplicate serial number were detected, the account could be flagged for GMs to investigate. Not sure if the back end has the capability to handle something like that though.

#8 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:26 AM

I think it would be an easy way to ban dupers personally.

#9 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:27 AM

I've seen numerous iterations of this concept proposed. Duplication exploits are a general concern with this. It would be more viable if, upon creation, said bullion item were assigned a unique serial number that was checked against all others on the server before it is converted back to Zeny. If a duplicate serial number were detected, the account could be flagged for GMs to investigate. Not sure if the back end has the capability to handle something like that though.

Well honestly I didnt want to say that. I would have rather that point not have been out there so the gms could ban all those cheaters. THAT would make the server an amazing place

#10 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:39 AM

Well honestly I didnt want to say that. I would have rather that point not have been out there so the gms could ban all those cheaters. THAT would make the server an amazing place

Sorry, didn't realize you were plotting a sting operation. In that case, it would be best to delete this topic and move the conversation to a PM with the WP staff.

#11 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

Lol but it is a good idea. Then again who says they couldnt do it to another item they put in a box next month too. Man it just makes me smile thinking of someone like that getting banned.

Everythings all good.

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:48 AM

if they could assign unique ids like that they can just do that with all the mvps/gods and other high end items and the duping problem would be solved.

#13 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 09:51 AM

That's the main reason I question their ability to implement such a system.

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

All in all, until they solve duping, this idea is a no go (even for potential sting operations), because too many will slip through the cracks :X

#15 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

Duping is a bad excuse. Bullion and treasure chests can be dupped and sold to npc. Same outcome.

#16 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

Duping is a bad excuse. Bullion and treasure chests can be dupped and sold to npc. Same outcome.

Oh wow I didnt even think about that. Doesnt Gold Sell for like 100,000 to npc also.

#17 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

I'm not familiar with the duplication method. I suppose this is true if it's something that can be done in rapid succession, but if it's time consuming, you'd still need to run the process with a Treasure Box 6667 times to get 1 billion out of it.

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:02 PM

and stuff like gold, bullion, w/e have weight. even selling 10,000 treasure boxes would only net you 1.86 billion in one go; you wouldn't even hit char zeny limit. meanwhile, just 2 coins would basically cap you out.

#19 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:41 PM

lol this kind of coin idea thread again

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

and stuff like gold, bullion, w/e have weight. even selling 10,000 treasure boxes would only net you 1.86 billion in one go; you wouldn't even hit char zeny limit. meanwhile, just 2 coins would basically cap you out.

There a reason a stack of 15000 treasure boxes couldn't be duped?

There a reason dupe process couldn't be botted or packet injected with automation?

Bottom line is you're not implementing a problem. You're at worst case shortening a hypothetical already existing one's time investment by an amount that may not even be relevant if automation is involved.

Edited by Kadelia, 01 March 2016 - 03:42 PM.

#21 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:28 PM

There a reason a stack of 15000 treasure boxes couldn't be duped?

There a reason dupe process couldn't be botted or packet injected with automation?

Bottom line is you're not implementing a problem. You're at worst case shortening a hypothetical already existing one's time investment by an amount that may not even be relevant if automation is involved.

Get one coin.

Spend a minute to dupe it.

Get a stack of 2 coins.

Get a stack of 4 coins.

You are correct Kaddy, in that you are shorting ones time, but why help them? A coin like that would only be useful for end game trades.

It's a situation of help a problem, cause a dozen more.

#22 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:35 PM

then make the coin 100k! It is no different than duplicating gold bars at that point! And people would be able to trade 4 billion zeny in a trade window at that point. What is your complaint with that?

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

then make the coin 100k! It is no different than duplicating gold bars at that point! And people would be able to trade 4 billion zeny in a trade window at that point. What is your complaint with that?

How do you handle DC/OC?

#24 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

Whats there to handle? Un-sellable item.

#25 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:14 PM

Whats there to handle? Un-sellable item.

Then how does the receiving cash in?

Not like you can buy vend items for items directly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users