March 3rd Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

March 3rd Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

Bug fixes: Level 5 Adrenaline Rush scroll box is missing it's sprite and item description. 

Continuing Events: 

Veins spotlight continues, we are adding Nameless island monsters to the spotlight list. 

Ending Events: 

February Lucky box leaves. 

Coming soon:

Next week we are adding the March Groove pack. Please let us know in this thread what kind of equipment AND consumables you would like to see in our next pack. 

Here is Campitor's list for March Classic projects

Current Projects for March (The Month of Classic Love!)
1. Testing Implementation of a battleground written by a player
2. Stage one of the Janeway replacement project.
3. Looking into seal power 2. And adjusting or removing it to fit the realities of the server and promote competition.
4. Elemental Armors and prize medals.
New: 5. Proof of concept of a instanced BG arena with timers and dialog that force character participation and act as a light captcha to discourage botting.

#2 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:34 PM

Something with greed as an active for groove pack?, more he gums would be nice. last month we were expecting non explosive chewing gums.... got explosive ones instead.

#3 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:42 PM

Why replacing Janeway Quest in the first place?  :p_omg:

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

Why replacing Janeway Quest in the first place?  :p_omg:

The issue with Janeway is that it's great for people who already know the game, know where to find the monsters, know how to build characters but it essentially leaves players at a higher level without teaching all that much about the game and classic mechanics. We'd want something like a quest chain players can do that gives equipment (incorporating the cursed armor quest) but that would use the Asgard training village as a hub to teach new players while helping them level. 

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

wow I was editting that into something constructive, but nope

#6 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

• oh yea
    • Camps new quest thingy: soooo looking forward to this, or any other way of getting real slotted ele armors. :p_laugh:
    • BGs -  (players new bg, ect) :p_laugh:
    • Box contents: i would like to see: Deviling hat, gangster scarf, and a friend asked me to mention cocacola hat? for consumes how about mental pots, gum, not sure what else i'd like to see.
  • hapening soon-ishtm(or "what else i would like to see get worked on")
    • gsb hunt for noobs: a lot of ways to handle this, but if you want new guilds you must fix this problem. i think this is part of camps proposal
    • Cooking: a player i know suggested we try to separate the pet tames from the food crafting.
    • WoE TE: <<< only real idea i can come up with to help new guilds start up/learn(i have read a few proposals for this. all a lil different but all good ideas)
    • Challenge Dungeon : are the difficulty vs drop rates on rare subject auras all proper? i know when we were discussing it originally camp, i think it was, suggested that it would either be higher drop rate but only drop one, or, low drop rate and drop for the entire party. as it is now it drops lower than card rate and only one (have not confirmed because i dont think anyone has gotten one yet)
    • pets: Many pets do not give the intended buff to the player upon maxing friendship.
    • KVM - properly implemented with no bugs or exploits and a promise of no badges available from boxes(im seeing 50/50 on this issue. and dont really understand why. i have never seen ppl so divided on something like this. tbh, i care but i do not think it is worth arguing with anyone over. so ill just say i would vote yes, and so do the 5 ppl who input on my posts.)
  • far future

• New World - pushing for a new client / server for classic (i know you are, just want to let you know we want it too)

• Content Plans: i know its early but any thoughts on a challenge quest or instance? kinda a challenge dungeon like thing? any way of perhaps getting one of the new world mvps? just thoughts. 
  • vend limit:cans we haves this tooooo?  :rice:(prolly cant cuz of our server but im throwing it out there for consideration) 
  • New turn ins: i would like to see turtle dungeon, and clock tower turn ins and perhaps some other similar stuff 
  • Life: i would like mine back at some point. but there's too much to work on here in rune-midgard!

#7 Pean

Pean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 04:56 PM

Chewing Gum would be nice. maybe King Porin Hat?

weapon repair scrolls finally?

#8 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

Yay! Ty for adding Nameless!

#9 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

I may consider giving you money if you add the subject aura to a box.

Oh my god we get a WHOLE MONTH? what's the occasion?

Edited by Rythen, 02 March 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#10 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:23 PM

The issue with Janeway is that it's great for people who already know the game, know where to find the monsters, know how to build characters but it essentially leaves players at a higher level without teaching all that much about the game and classic mechanics. We'd want something like a quest chain players can do that gives equipment (incorporating the cursed armor quest) but that would use the Asgard training village as a hub to teach new players while helping them level. 

The thing is that you can't rely on big parties much, even though there are some big parties in Ice Dungeon, Abyss Lake is an example of being mostly empty. When new players come to us in asgard we help them level through Janeway Jumping Quest, cause if they were to need a big party to go through Janeway Quest it would be a problem. Now we can help them by inviting to a small party until level 70 and after Janeway is done, stick together for lvl 70+ going to Ice Dungeon. So how is it going to be now that it will be all party dependant?I don't think it is a good idea to replace the whole Janeway Quest.

Edited by eboaroli, 02 March 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#11 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:59 PM

now i can level my monk properly at nameless ^^

#12 BLAZE3373

BLAZE3373

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationROKA
  • Server:Classic. Loki

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:20 PM

Imp Hat / Gryphon Hat / Sleeper Hat / Benevolent Guardian[1] / Elven Ears[1] / Mental Potion / Battle Manual X3...

It's all good but 150KP Box is first priority!!

#13 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 02 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

Janeway is not that good even for old(er) players. I have better results leveling new characters with fencers and vip free manual x3. Old players have 500k to spare in a fencer, right? Also you get to skip Archers Skeletons. 

Janeway leaves players at level 70 with no zeny and little to no knowledge about what to do next. It should be reworked as now it only helps BOTS. Not everyone is interested in making botters's life even easier.

#14 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:18 AM

Janeway?

make new quest named

jamesWay?  - monster kill count need 2 or more character with same level only,cant used high level to do the killing or it will not be counted.

(free buff for about an hour)

(should pick a more attractive npc name for the new quest)

by the way the element armor are the slotted one or unslotted? account bound? if aint account bound make it troublesome to get it.

p/s : Hah Deadpool :heh: loved the scene/chat in the cab , rating 3.8/5.0 for me 

#15 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:50 AM

Granny Boxter: put Cat Lace Hairband, is useless.

Spotlight: Nameless!! Yes!!

GSB Hunt for noobs: (Copying lxst post)  lot of ways to handle this, but if you want new guilds you must fix this problem. i think this is part of camps proposal. Like Icedun monsters (Ice Titan)

Elemental Armors and prize medals: Nice!!

March Groove pack: Gangster Scarf, Mental Potion e HE Gum, 

#16 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:13 AM

Well the veterans can have 500k to spare to a new player, but will they be online everytime a new player joins the server and will need that zeny? They should be able to level by themselves until a certain point. If they are left alone after level 70 by now, imagine if they are to be party dependant since the early levels, they would mostly leave the server before even starting. Another point is how hard it is to make an efficient party, we can see in the most common places like Ice Dungeon, where only the puller has effort and the rest of the party is motivated to be lazy stand and wait for the pullers. Janeway Quest doesn't only help the bots like it was said, it helps leveling new players, new characters for a lot of different purposes, such as guild environment quests like God items quest, for example. Please, leave it as it is.

Edited by eboaroli, 03 March 2016 - 05:49 AM.

#17 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:17 AM

I love you Oda!

Edited by Mayhem, 03 March 2016 - 05:18 AM.

#18 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:26 AM

So it not only helps bots but it's also a part of the 30ish megs that run rampant through Classic. Kill it, kill it with fire.

Never mentioned lending money, just said that for old players creating new characters fencers>janeway. For newer players even regular grinding>janeway, as it would at least help them learn how to play their classes.

Check some of the ideas at Classic Foundry. It's not like it has to be 100% party dependant. It just have to reward the ones who chose to party, while still being doable solo. It's not even that hard to code, and there's a big chance some players have it coded already lol.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 03 March 2016 - 06:28 AM.

#19 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:38 AM

From a seal character point of view, if you nerf janeway you need to nerf fencer scrolls as well.

I wonder, though, if you do such a thing whether one guild who has demonstrated they will put effort into things like seal characters/questing to create will continue to make gods regularly while many other guilds who already seemed unmotivated to put in the same level of effort even with janeway/fencers around will become even more so in the face of actually leveling that many characters to 70.

I'm all for replacing janeway and fencers with a better system that brings back actually leveling for the first 70 levels of the game instead of basically skipping it, I'm just saying in terms of god item creation this may help keep the scales tipped the way they already have been.

Edited by rojoky113, 03 March 2016 - 06:41 AM.

#20 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:45 AM

stuff

I see, you have a point. If they decide to nerf fencers along with janeway and/or rise the min. level to seals, I shall not complain. The game is here for a lifetime and people can surely find a way to speedleveling new characters. We always find a way.

Edited by ShinRyoma, 03 March 2016 - 06:46 AM.

#21 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:52 AM

Coming soon:

Next week we are adding the March Groove pack. Please let us know in this thread what kind of equipment AND consumables you would like to see in our next pack. 

HE gums please!  WCP and BMx3 too. :)

Here is Campitor's list for March Classic projects

1. Testing Implementation of a battleground written by a player
2. Stage one of the Janeway replacement project.
3. Looking into seal power 2. And adjusting or removing it to fit the realities of the server and promote competition.
4. Elemental Armors and prize medals.
New: 5. Proof of concept of a instanced BG arena with timers and dialog that force character participation and act as a light captcha to discourage botting.

Question, re: Janeway.  Will she be replaced after this maintenance? Or Stage One meaning you guys are still at conceptualization/planning stage?  Whatever change it's gonna be, kindly please do not include Archer Skeletons on it again please? ^_^v :heh:

#22 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:55 AM

So it not only helps bots but it's also a part of the 30ish megs that run rampant through Classic. Kill it, kill it with fire.

Never mentioned lending money, just said that for old players creating new characters fencers>janeway. For newer players even regular grinding>janeway, as it would at least help them learn how to play their classes.

Check some of the ideas at Classic Foundry. It's not like it has to be 100% party dependant. It just have to reward the ones who chose to party, while still being doable solo. It's not even that hard to code, and there's a big chance some players have it coded already lol.

^ That ^

#23 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 06:57 AM

HE gums please!  WCP and BMx3 too. :)

Question, re: Janeway.  Will she be replaced after this maintenance? Or Stage One meaning you guys are still at conceptualization/planning stage?  Whatever change it's gonna be, kindly please do not include Archer Skeletons on it again please? ^_^v :heh:

THIS. For Lord Christ's sake don't ever include Archer Skeletons. 

#24 WhiteWolf182

WhiteWolf182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRed Line
  • Server:Classic Loki / Thor

Posted 03 March 2016 - 07:04 AM

Something with greed as an active for groove pack?, more he gums would be nice. last month we were expecting non explosive chewing gums.... got explosive ones instead.

Yeah, i thought it was the non explosive chewing gums too, i've bought 20 boxes to get a Gum that i already had. T.T

HE Gums and BMX3 are always welcome. Evil Marching hats too. *---*

#25 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

I see, you have a point. If they decide to nerf fencers along with janeway and/or rise the min. level to seals, I shall not complain. The game is here for a lifetime and people can surely find a way to speedleveling new characters. We always find a way.

Yeah. I suggested before that janeway needs to be removed/redesigned, and that fencer scrolls in boxes need to be replace with generic mercenary scrolls that can be used for any merc of any level but with the proper level requirements put back in. Mercenaries should be an aid to normal leveling/gameplay, NOT just a free 500k ticket to level 70-80 each.

If the janeway/pvm leveling is redesigned well to be fun/interesting as well as decently expedient while not just skipping over the first 2/3 of the way to 99, guilds wanting to create god items who use it to make their characters might provide a good avenue to get veterans partying with new players to go through it. One can dream I suppose..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users