"Dressed to Impress" March Costume Contest - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

"Dressed to Impress" March Costume Contest

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

Hello Roserians!

The sound of gentle music on a lovely spring day heralds the soon to be Ballroom Event in Rose! Fancy affairs of this kind require a sprawling wardrobe! You don't want to be seen wearing the same thing twice on the red ROSE carpet! Create a costume worthy of the ballroom, something fancy that makes your character looks stylish as they cut their way through monsters and travel across the land! 

The theme this month is: Dressed to Impress!

Submissions 

Entries can be hand drawn, created with a tablet and image editing software, or 3-D models.  Make sure to include any colors that you concept for your costume design if its an original design. Costume designs should include both a male and female version. Make sure to also include the name of your costume and include your in game name with your entry

Costume designs must be the creation of the players submitting the entry. They should also match the current monthly theme. *

* In addition to the normal costume designs, we will be accepting stand alone back costume designs. Back item designs, such as angelic wings or jet packs, should also fit the monthly theme, but are not required to be part of an entire costume. 

Results

This contest will run from 3/4/2016 – 3/28/2016. The ROSE Team will pick the winning costume to be created in game and the winners will be announced the following week.

Prize

The player who submits the costume that is chosen will not only receive that costume in game once it is created, but will be given 1000 IM Points! Winners also are able to choose if they would like their name to appear on the costume description to be immortalized forever for their concept in game. If you wish for your name to be on the costume description, we will request that you let us know in a pm once the contest is complete and the winners have been announced.

*If you have an idea for a future theme you would like to see implemented, just send me a PM and let me know!

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:44 PM

Since I plan to send in a 'pack' of back items, should I just skip this monthly event and send them directly to you / Genesis? I wouldn't see the point in send in 5+ back items and cluttering the event period. 

#3 andro1984

andro1984

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:50 PM

who win design costume pebruari?

#4 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 04 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

You can enter the contest with one or all of your back items, or just send them straight to me and Genesis without entering in the contest. If you have back items ideas that fit this theme you could always enter them in the contest, and then directly send any that might be outside the theme as well. 

Andro1984, the winners from the last contest were:

Guardian Behemoth Costume by Mukarusak

Heroic Meanie Costume by Maible

Arua Wizard Costume by Acegunman

and Heroic Punk Costume by Minilea (Facebook entry!)

Information on the previous contest has been posted in the February Costume Contest thread here.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 04:07 PM

Alrighty, with how many suits and formal clothing we have I really didn't want to limit the designs to this theme as I feel there is quite an abundance for those. So I'll do my own thing and send them your way soon as they're done up. 

So yeah, good luck everyone that's participating this month, I'll be hoping to see some good ideas! 

Edited by Feuer, 04 March 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#6 andro1984

andro1984

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

and when get reward? hehehehehe ty i win :)

i will make again for this month design :)

Edited by Zurn, 04 March 2016 - 05:29 PM.

#7 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:08 PM

I will post my idea asap :D

#8 3942130124084145663

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:28 PM

I just finish one sketch for female costume. I am not sure if it is still keep the theme. Just got some idea from national costume on miss universe.

In case it is not following the theme, i will not make the male version and just create another costume.

zq1zWHal.jpg

Edited by Zurn, 09 March 2016 - 08:46 PM.
Removed link, added picture.

#9 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 March 2016 - 03:50 AM

A little thing for participants to keep in mind when designing back items that are intended to be part of a costume set - back items in the game currently don't support gender-specific designs in the same way that armor items do, so your back item should be designed so that it will work visually with both the male and female version of a costume, otherwise it won't be able to be included as part of the costume set.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:04 AM

Or have 2 versions both available for both genders* 

#11 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Leona

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:34 PM

I will be making a new entry to avoid copyright claims or whatever.

I've had this idea for a while now, and was wondering why you guys haven't thought of this! D: This was inspired by the clothing of Dakinis.. "dakini (Sanskrit: "sky dancer") is a Tantric priestess of ancient India who "carried the souls of the dead to the sky". I also remember watching an animated film not that while ago about these 7 daughters who flew down to earth on their wings (like the one from a dakini), one of them lost hers as she was taking a bath in the lake, someone stole her wings, without it she couldn't return home. It was a really good film, I've been trying to look for it but I can't find it anywhere. It was on youtube.

Anyway here it is! I call it "Celestial Wings" or "Holy Wings"

LsPI7Rt.jpg

I thought to myself, how cool would it be if this gets turned into a mount? I was gonna save this idea for later just in case you guys are coming up with a mount design contest, but then I thought to myself I doubt it that's going to happen. I think it's worth sharing anyway. 

Thank You so much LastKings for being my model LOL!  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:

BePAoxl.jpg

Edited by lala09, 17 March 2016 - 09:03 PM.

#12 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:14 PM

I've had this idea for a while now, and was wondering why you guys haven't thought of this! D: This was inspired by the clothing of Dakinis.. "dakini (Sanskrit: "sky dancer") is a Tantric priestess of ancient India who "carried the souls of the dead to the sky". I also remember watching an animated film not that while ago about these 7 daughters who flew down to earth on their wings (like the one from a dakini), one of them lost hers as she was taking a bath in the lake, someone stole her wings, without it she couldn't return home. It was a really good film, I've been trying to look for it but I can't find it anywhere. It was on youtube.

Anyway here it is! I call it "Celestial Wings" or "Holy Wings"

LsPI7Rt.jpg

I thought to myself, how cool would it be if this gets turned into a mount? I was gonna save this idea for later just in case you guys are coming up with a mount design contest, but then I thought to myself I doubt it that's going to happen. I think it's worth sharing anyway. 

Thank You so much LastKings for being my model LOL!  :p_laugh:  :p_laugh:

BePAoxl.jpg

205v96d.png

:p_err:

#13 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:18 PM

205v96d.png

:p_err:

aaweee man! what game is this? ok, then I have to change things up.  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:

#14 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:27 PM

HAHAHAHA! this is too funny, I'm sorry to tell this but Feuer wreck you lala09

#15 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:36 PM

HAHAHAHA! this is too funny, I'm sorry to tell this but Feuer wreck you lala09

HE DID! LOL! I actually really had no idea! oh my god .-. I bet people are looking at me right now like "  :p_err: this lala09 must be a copycat"  

#16 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:40 PM

Coincidences happen, but that was TOO close to that piece of art so I had to have it ruled out. Especially give it's source,  it could legitimately have caused problems with copyright infringement. Sorry, hope to see some other ones though. 

#17 andro1984

andro1984

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:47 PM

Spoiler

Edited by andro1984, 12 March 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#18 lala09

lala09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:23 PM

I will be making a new entry to avoid copyright claims or whatever.

I'm not sure if this is good enough... but let me tell you guys something. Wings inspired by the Dakinis usually all look the same, and yes you were right about my design, it looked too similar to the one in the screenshot that Feaur uploaded. Therefore, I decided to change my design up a bit, but at the same, wanted it to still have that "Dakini" wing look. I didn't want to add to much things, because first, It'd take too much work (modeling), and second, I didn't want the wing to look "over crowded". 

These were the designs I drew last night after getting the responses from you guys, I added things here I changed things up there. I was like "This is looking great!" but then I realized, how about the costumes being worn by the players?. I don't know, I think it is better to just upload the designs and let you guys decide which one you like more. I will polish the one you guys like the most.

QjpHmXB.jpg

OGfIjKW.jpg

My first design I added some twist onto it by attaching the bottom part of the wings (I didn't know somebody already made that twist, and so I apologize for that). And so today while I was looking at the reference pictures I used, I thought to myself "nothing is wrong with copying the look of an angel or the devil or a god), therefore I've made my decision, and that is to NOT change too much things on the design, that is because I still want the design to look closely similar to the ones the Dakinis have. If somebody is going to claim this as a copyright, then so be it. Turn this idea down. (I'm not mad no worries  :p_smile:)

nY8SURw.jpg

7rTY8NG.jpg

Edited by Dragonlark, 21 March 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#19 3942130124084145663

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:34 PM

For back costume, i want to give suggestion for backpack design. (I guess not really fit with current theme, but maybe for later theme)

I saw this few year ago, looks funny and good. There are many design but these one looks great on Rose Online.

Spoiler

Edited by 3942130124084145663, 13 March 2016 - 05:35 PM.

#20 mukarusak

mukarusak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 12:04 AM

Name : WING FOX

char in game : kingstockpile

Spoiler

#21 shawnix

shawnix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:02 AM

Spoiler

Edited by shawnix, 25 March 2016 - 02:00 PM.

#22 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:37 PM

So I may redact my statement about not entering, cause i noticed a certain incomplete set.... and now it's bothering me. and it actually fits this months theme. hmm. 

#23 JohnCip

JohnCip

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:11 PM

Few entries for this contest. If you have a better color scheme that you think would fit my designs, don't hesitate to quote me about it. Thanks!

These are hand drawn so beware of my bad drawing skills, k.

CLICK SHOW FOR THE COLORED PICTURES

Fancy in Red

the hat for the girl is just place on top of the head and not complete worn like a regular hat.

Spoiler
14tni2u.jpg

Classical Bright

the head part are wigs, if that is possible for the costume please make the wig.
Spoiler
2vtwa2v.jpg

QUESTIONS? INSIGHTS? QUOTE ME!

IGN: HungLi

#24 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:33 PM

Can you place all the images in the spoiler tags? 

#25 achibea

achibea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:43 AM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RANDOM

1. Oriental Haute

Spoiler

2. Featherful Guise

Spoiler