JUMPING JANEWAY REQUEST PLS - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 4 votes

JUMPING JANEWAY REQUEST PLS

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:45 PM

jumping janeway request for new players like me in thor not fair they are all strong now 

#2 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 March 2016 - 10:58 PM

175 event please . not fair they are all 175 now.

#3 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:32 AM

At least 1 weekend should be fine maybe. Been a while anyway

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:08 AM

I hope jumping janeway never comes back.

And if she does, only a week, in the summer, once a year.

#5 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:22 AM

Jumping Jane was effectively burned by water and drown by fire.

She will never return in the foreseeable future. From what I remember reincarnation happens after 50 or so years. So in a out that time frame she may return. Come back in 50 years

#6 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:05 AM

Yes return jumping janeway but you have to kill 3000 porings per level :gg:

#7 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 March 2016 - 07:27 PM

Good to have Jumping Janeway for newbies maybe like 1 weekend per year. Yea, not even one week. One weekend. That's all.

#8 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:15 AM

No other game with a limited level cap that I know of has as large of a level gap between start and final. We essentially go through 273 levels to get to max. Not only that but new players can take up to a year to get their first third class because not many people are used to the Korean grind.

We may not need Janeway, but faster leveling pre trans that highlights class strengths is something that needs implemented. Give newbs a trial run of the game before they start for real post trans, don't give it to them for practically nothing, make them quest, read, explore, and gather. Revamp Eden quests NPCs, give more tutorial type quests, blah blah blah.

#9 yukarihime

yukarihime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:28 AM

No other game with a limited level cap that I know of has as large of a level gap between start and final. We essentially go through 273 levels to get to max. Not only that but new players can take up to a year to get their first third class because not many people are used to the Korean grind.

We may not need Janeway, but faster leveling pre trans that highlights class strengths is something that needs implemented. Give newbs a trial run of the game before they start for real post trans, don't give it to them for practically nothing, make them quest, read, explore, and gather. Revamp Eden quests NPCs, give more tutorial type quests, blah blah blah.

I have seen more than enough newbies on euRO (so no easy-ti-leeching to 99 stuff and no bounty boards either, just good old monster killing all the time) getting one character to 3rd class in 1 week to 2 months depending on their playtime - without skipping trans. One year sounds more like getting you first (badly skilled/statted) character to 99 in pre-renewal.

Ofc if people have little time or chat a lot while sitting around it will take longer.

Also: Asking for how to proceed with your character helps in every game (excluding trolls answering here).

Oh and Dragonhelm Quest has been ingame for a couple of weeks now, get some help for the kills and you get rewarded with  :p_love: exp.

#10 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 01:47 AM

There's a difference between types of gamers. The hardcore are always going to level super fast (when classic first came out... And was actually classic... Someone was 99 the first week)

There are people who take a year because they spend a lot of time forging social bonds, trying different characters, and juggling work and play.

Also, one reason I'm suggesting more inclusive quests: RO isn't very good at giving tasks, and for the more lax gamers. Not having a specific task to finish every day makes the game less appealing. There are quests and stuff past level 100 that can be repeated but by that time you're already comfortable with the game. They need repeatable lower end instances that greatly help out new players but don't create a market imbalance for old players. Kind of like how finishing overlook allows you to pick from various fish monster cards.

#11 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

There are no plans to bring back Jumping Janeway in her last form. The current idea that is being worked on is a Jumping Janeway replacement that provides experience similar to a bounty board to new characters as well as basic gears and consumables. The replacement needs to have a little more story line than the Eden group quests to keep new players engaged.

#12 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:01 AM

The previous Janeway was the closest we'd get to eliminating pre trans leveling. Which, in my opinion, is what we should be doing. Getting to 99 and transcending made sense back when 99 trans was the cap, but now that we have third classes with a 175 level cap it's become super redundant. Back then it was a pretty hefty price to pay for a much stronger end game character, now it's just another leveling phase people race through that's slightly more inconvenient since you have to go all the way back to level 1. 

It'd never happen, but what I'd like to see would be pre trans done away with completely and the exp curve increased for 1-99 leveling so on average you'll spend the same time getting to third class but without the hassle of having to transcend. Not only does this make much more sense, but it also eliminates the noob trap of changing to third class without transcending. A lot of friends I've tried to introduce to the game have expressed their confusion over RO's job system, although I guess it's part of what makes the game unique. 

Transcending just feels like it serves no purpose anymore.

Edited by hotel, 20 March 2016 - 11:03 AM.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:34 AM

The previous Janeway was the closest we'd get to eliminating pre trans leveling. Which, in my opinion, is what we should be doing. Getting to 99 and transcending made sense back when 99 trans was the cap, but now that we have third classes with a 175 level cap it's become super redundant. Back then it was a pretty hefty price to pay for a much stronger end game character, now it's just another leveling phase people race through that's slightly more inconvenient since you have to go all the way back to level 1. 

It'd never happen, but what I'd like to see would be pre trans done away with completely and the exp curve increased for 1-99 leveling so on average you'll spend the same time getting to third class but without the hassle of having to transcend. Not only does this make much more sense, but it also eliminates the noob trap of changing to third class without transcending. A lot of friends I've tried to introduce to the game have expressed their confusion over RO's job system, although I guess it's part of what makes the game unique. 

Transcending just feels like it serves no purpose anymore.

Disagree. And by virtue that we can't unanimously agree, nothing should be unilaterally changed. Instead more quests should be rebalanced for the middle tier, leveling should be slowed, and the 125+ grind should be dramatically lessened, so that instead of spending 15 minutes on a decade worth of game design and then months on the crummiest part of the game design, that you have a uniform experience where you're growing and expanding and gaining new powers, new costumes, and learning new mechanics piece by piece.

#14 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 11:42 AM

Then how about we slow down the entire 1-99 leveling process without trans? I feel like removing transcending is conducive to a more uniform experience because you're slowly getting stronger every level, rather than having to split the time in half by reaching level 99 and then starting over again. The progression would feel more natural too, because fitting in the trans job change at some point after the 2nd class job change lets people learn their mechanics in a logical order, as opposed to having to repeat a lot of content they've already been through once.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:07 PM

I concur with the removal of the Trans system entirely. The only reason they implemented it was because they weren't ready to release 3rd Classes yet and had to compensate for the lack of new content.

#16 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:29 PM

I concur with last 2 comments. This would help bridge the gap on expanded classes if done correctly.

#17 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:33 PM

getting rid of trans classes would fundamentally change the game (maybe even rebalance it) Just think...

3rd Job WoE & MVP

- EDP

- Acid Bomb

- etc

= ???

Edited by Kadelia, 23 March 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

I don't know about getting rid of trans classes along with the trans/rebirth system. I'd very much like it if they got rid of the trans/rebirth system and turn trans classes back into the optional 3rd Classes as they should be.

#19 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:21 PM

getting rid of trans classes would fundamentally change the game (maybe even rebalance it) Just think...

3rd Job WoE & MVP

- EDP

- Acid Bomb

- etc

= ???

What I had in mind was that we could either introduce a trans job change of some sort after the 2nd job change, or incorporate trans and 2nd job classes entirely - the idea was more about eliminating the process of transcending rather than the trans classes themselves. This way, there's no fundamental difference once you hit 3rd class, but getting your way there is one journey to level 99 instead of two. Having fewer levels overall means each level will feel more meaningful, and the player can enjoy a steady growth in power from level 1 to level 99 to third class, as opposed to being forced back to level 1 after hitting 99 the first time and redoing content they've already passed. The EXP curve can be adjusted so that total exp required is still the same.

Transcending to me feels like the New Game+ option in RPGs - you restart the game with an advantage in gear and/or experience that you accumulated during the first playthrough. For RO it was exactly like this back when level 99 was the cap and thus the endgame, but now that there's way more content it doesn't make sense to have players repeat what is essentially the first and most insignificant phase of their entire leveling journey. 

#20 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:33 AM

just start everyone as 1/1 high novice. pre-trans 1-99 is a complete waste of time.

#21 abiason

abiason

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:26 AM

Janeway because I need to play again.

#22 Sladeero

Sladeero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:48 PM

just start everyone as 1/1 high novice. pre-trans 1-99 is a complete waste of time.

While I like the idea I also get concerned when it comes to reconciliation of game mechanics, pretty big like Kadelia said. It sounds like less of a change than Renewal but still pretty substantial. Gear, quests, etc would have to align and then you run the risk of more bugs versus the convenience of not leveling again. If it came down to a large risk of more bugs instead of leveling I'll just level again.

#23 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

While I like the idea I also get concerned when it comes to reconciliation of game mechanics, pretty big like Kadelia said. It sounds like less of a change than Renewal but still pretty substantial. Gear, quests, etc would have to align and then you run the risk of more bugs versus the convenience of not leveling again. If it came down to a large risk of more bugs instead of leveling I'll just level again.

outside of the izlude academy, i can't think of anything in game that behaves differently depending on whether you're a 1/1 novice or a 1/1 high novice. for example, eden quests are unaffected. izlude academy does not allow you do take most of their quests however, but that's pretty minor.

and if that becomes a serious issue, it should be relatively easy to have an npc that auto-levels your pre-trans character so you can just immediately start as a 1/1 high novice. how does it work on sakray? i assume you don't need to level from scratch when testing new updates.

#24 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

pretrans is just a novelty. necro is right, better start off with 1/1 high novice. 

or....

Spoiler

#25 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:07 PM

Transcendent classes need to stay.

You can get to third job through the regular classes, trans is for bonus points and skills.

Though it is stupid NOT to go trans, doesn't change the fact that the additional stuff is a merit bonus of working that little bit harder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users