[Feedback] ABOUT THE SUCcESS OF THE SERVER! - Tech Support & Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Feedback] ABOUT THE SUCcESS OF THE SERVER!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tankudozaum

Tankudozaum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 03:30 AM

1 - Go to release the trunk for free? No chest does not!
2 - Go fill Iten Mall items Over powers? Because it spoils the game, I suggest that in the Item Mall to place items that can be purchased within the game, for example, Put full vampire set on the Item Mall for a fair price, it prevents there items that leave you above the rest of game and continues to be worth buying things in Iten Mall as there are sets that are very difficult to drop like this vampire for example.
3 - I'll need to spend 10k gold to buy a license every time you open a store? It would be interesting if they were two different licenses, one you buy at the store (item misc) with only 10 slots for sale, and one you buy at the mall item, with 16 slots, but should also be a cheaper item, it is a basic function.
4 - When the auction will go to work properly?
5 - Take away the skills max lvl early in the game, let the players make an effort and go upando them.
6 - They may not release the shortcut keys for free, but at least put at half the price, it is a basic function that you are denying the players.

Note: I love this game, these problems can not be solved immediately but they need to be addressed because they can all end up causing the server to failure or a success. You need to make money, but it is better to make money without losing the server is not it? For this kind of thing is leaving the game boring.

They may even profit a little, but can profit more if the server last.

#2 9453130704211936223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:NA

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:01 AM

The Chest currently does not work and as stated before this is not an official release, things in the game have not been added yet. These "issues" is simply how this release is going, either way we are getting a huge head-start aside from other players (and we are getting all of the hotkeys opened for free for early registration, the game has always been this way, possibly no need to change it now).

There is no reason to put sets like the Vampire set in the item mall, if people have the full item set it is because they worked just as hard as the other person to get it. The Vampire set is a rare drop and should stay a rare drop, using real cash to buy in-game currency that'll let you buy PVE drops is bad business practice. This will also ruin the shop prices as players will abuse the cash purchase and sell countless copies of the items for ridiculous prices. If somebody is ahead of you in the game it is probably because they put in the time farming PVE or put in the time buying and selling items until they accumulated enough thousands.

As I said before, this is a soft release so that item may be available for purchase from a vendor later. As you see this item is (Neon Sign) as a variation, there will possibly plenty other player used shops with various slot numbers. 10k is just the price players have currently set as a standard, it is up to you if you want to purchase these at that price or not.

Another soft release tool we don't have access to, just patiently wait for the devs to handle it, in the meantime just sell your items through chat or buy a license if you have to.

Taking away the skills early on in the game wouldn't make much sense, there are only 2-3 actually useful skills 90% of the time during gameplay (Aside from the skills everyone should have such as heal). All of the character skills are mainly mobility and the passives are what make each character feel unique, the best thing they can do is have a tutorial on these skills. Most players don't know that they have skills or how to properly use them.

The shortcut keys ARE being released for free to everyone who is playing pre-release, as in playing right now. If people can't simply wait for the full release then they should keep it full price, what else do you really need on the hotkeys? 

None of this is going to cause the server to fail or anything like that, I've seen the same players playing day after day just getting better gear and enjoying themselves on PVP/PVE. Making money does not appear to be the main concern of WarpPortal, we have been waiting on this game to release and I'm just happy to be playing it. These are not "problems", things will be added to the game over time, just have patience. If you are currently finding the game boring I highly advise you to look deeper in to the game, yesterday I spent 4 hours just buying and selling in the trade center and made over 1 mil in gold (I only had a few thousand to start with). The server will be fine, the game has not even completely released on steam yet so our player base will be small, PATIENCE is key.

P.S. this post is more of a general discussion, not related to Troubleshooting. Can a moderator move this to a more appropriate spot? Excalibur~

#3 Tankudozaum

Tankudozaum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:48 AM

Huhmm , actually , you're right, but on the skills , the problem is receiving them at the highest level , they could receive them at least at level 1 and go upando

#4 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:04 PM

P.S. this post is more of a general discussion, not related to Troubleshooting. Can a moderator move this to a more appropriate spot? Excalibur~

At the current time, MA does not have a Suggestion and Proposal section so this topic is fine here. It falls under Feedback. If a suggestion section is added in the future, we'll move it then. 

#5 9453130704211936223

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:NA

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:50 PM

Thank you! Haven't even noticed, I'm so used to having one in the forums lol

#6 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:47 PM

Hi Tankudozaum. I am Leonis, and the producer for Warp Portal's Metal Assault service.

I can see you have some feedback regarding Metal Assault, unfortunately, it's a new title to me and I'm learning as I go. The community has been wonderful in informing me of how some things were in the previous service, but I am still learning and trying to get accustomed to certain terms and lingo.
That being said, please bare with me, as I try to understand the various points you're bringing up.

1 - Go to release the trunk for free? No chest does not!

Which trunk/chest are you talking about?

2 - Go fill Iten Mall items Over powers? Because it spoils the game, I suggest that in the Item Mall to place items that can be purchased within the game, for example, Put full vampire set on the Item Mall for a fair price, it prevents there items that leave you above the rest of game and continues to be worth buying things in Iten Mall as there are sets that are very difficult to drop like this vampire for example.

I'm not sure what items you may be referring to. Currently have no outfits listed, only items that were felt to be helpful for a starting community. There's not enough understood regarding any costumes to release them yet. While it is our expectation costumes are purely visual, if this isn't the case we have not yet reached the stage where we're reviewing them or their involvement to game play.

3 - I'll need to spend 10k gold to buy a license every time you open a store? It would be interesting if they were two different licenses, one you buy at the store (item misc) with only 10 slots for sale, and one you buy at the mall item, with 16 slots, but should also be a cheaper item, it is a basic function.

I feel you may need to clarify this a bit more, as I'm not sure what you're referring to. If you could use actual item names, so I can better follow what you're referring to in-game, that would greatly help my understanding of what's being referenced.
I see you're talking about opening a store, but I don't understand what license you're speaking of.

4 - When the auction will go to work properly?

If you're speaking about the in-game trade board, that's a current bug that's been sent to the development team to address.

5 - Take away the skills max lvl early in the game, let the players make an effort and go upando them.

In another thread, I had to apologize and ask for clarification regarding skills. Did skills normally start at level 1 and increase over time or through game play? (Experienced earned, or some other feature?)

6 - They may not release the shortcut keys for free, but at least put at half the price, it is a basic function that you are denying the players.

The price set for the hotkey's actually were reduced from what was originally suggested to us. If offered as a package, they would be further discounted along with other items that would be contained in that package.
We understand they help expand on game play potential, but being that, that is an intended pay aspect to game play, their price was set as we felt was fair as a permanent extension to game play.

Note: I love this game, these problems can not be solved immediately but they need to be addressed because they can all end up causing the server to failure or a success. You need to make money, but it is better to make money without losing the server is not it? For this kind of thing is leaving the game boring.
They may even profit a little, but can profit more if the server last.

At the moment, we've not officially launched. The soft launch was to help those anxiously awaiting to get in-game, to be able to and get an early start, as well as to help point out to us any features that may not be working correctly, bugs or other discover other aspects to Metal Assault that may not be functioning as expected. Your feedback is valuable to us. Unfortunately, as I am still learning myself, I turn to you and the community to help me be aware of the finer points of game play and what your expectations and enjoyment comes from playing.

So I appreciate if you can take the time to help me understand in full, the different points you've brought up that I had questions about and I'll be sure to pass along what I do understand as concerns from the community, to the development.

#7 Pariah24

Pariah24

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:19 PM

Leonis....your so freaking awesome...u have no idea. how u listen to the community and interact...i'm in love :( 

#8 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:38 PM

Leonis....your so freaking awesome...u have no idea. how u listen to the community and interact...i'm in love :(

:p_laugh:  I just want to help the community and Metal Assault be awesome. It's an awesome game, fun and fast paced. Fun games are hard to come by and I want to do what I can to help it and the community have fun. :D

#9 Tankudozaum

Tankudozaum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 10:59 AM

Sorry, google tradutor troll

1 - Trunk and chest no, change for Storage, trunk >>> storage and chest >>> sotorage, sorry

2 - I meant to over powers itens, please, please do not place items over powers in game. If placing items for sale in the Mall, put items that already exist in the game, or items that are not over powers.

3 - I referred to the shop license to open shop , but the price already decreased

4 - Yes! I referred to the trade board. Thanks Leonis! ^^

5 - It would be more interesting if the players to gain skill points to spend lvl, And the license to use weapons should be acquired in battle in order to use better weapons

6 - It's ok XD, eu pensei a respeito e entendi que o preço é realmente razoável

This Leonis ^^ Sorry my english :P

#10 Pariah24

Pariah24

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

:p_laugh:  I just want to help the community and Metal Assault be awesome. It's an awesome game, fun and fast paced. Fun games are hard to come by and I want to do what I can to help it and the community have fun. :D

AWESOME! we see your hard work and we appreciate it! i think what the person is trying to say is don't make it a pay to win game with over powered stuff but, i think that's not possible because y would you pay for something u can get in game with time and patience and not get maybe like a monthly exclusive gun that u cant get in game...not saying make it over powered but try to balance as best u can and also just a tip sometimes people just like to complain before anything actually happens in this community so i know your trying to help us all out, but don't get to the point where your just listening to negative things or plans that might noteven be in the works it's too stressful (just advice). as of now tho, honestly for a beta and a none official launch alot of things are going right and it seems like the server can take alot of people that are def willing to invest in game money items. i say follow your gut cause in the end all you can do is try!! :3

#11 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:04 PM

Sorry, google tradutor troll
1 - Trunk and chest no, change for Storage, trunk >>> storage and chest >>> sotorage, sorry

Ah! Got it. Personal storage was recently released in a package bundle you can purchase from the Item Mall. There is no current way to obtain one from in-game at this time.
It is possible for us to offer them as either a special mission or event reward in the future though.

2 - I meant to over powers itens, please, please do not place items over powers in game. If placing items for sale in the Mall, put items that already exist in the game, or items that are not over powers.

I understand the idea of selling overpowered items is a concern and I have some ideas that may help bridge that for players in-game, vs players who are able to pay.
I have to discuss the idea with the dev team, to see how possible it is.

In short, the idea I'd be proposing is to have some of the weapons we'll be putting up in to the Item Mall, can also be obtained as rare drops or possibly mission rewards, where both would be under a timed duration.
Additionally, they did say they were going to work on the Honor Shop feature, which could also be a way for players to grab powerful items through game play as well.

3 - I referred to the shop license to open shop , but the price already decreased

The development team said they were open to the idea of allowing the item to be obtained from missions or special events, so I will follow up with this and see if they'll be open to the idea of allowing a simple limited shop, through an NPC store.
If missions and events are what they're able to do, we can work on adding those in. :)

4 - Yes! I referred to the trade board. Thanks Leonis! ^^

The trade board should be now working. Please let me know if you have any problems with it still.

5 - It would be more interesting if the players to gain skill points to spend lvl, And the license to use weapons should be acquired in battle in order to use better weapons

Well, they did remove the license and pvp grades intentionally. So it seems to me they wanted to try to simplify game play a little. Adding something like this back in may re-complicate things again.
Let's see what they have planned for us first, and maybe such things won't be as needed.

6 - It's ok XD, eu pensei a respeito e entendi que o preço é realmente razoável

:)

This Leonis ^^ Sorry my english :P

No problem Tankudozaum, I think your English is fine. It's enough that I understand now what you meant, and hopefully was able to answer your questions and points. :)

AWESOME! we see your hard work and we appreciate it! i think what the person is trying to say is don't make it a pay to win game with over powered stuff but, i think that's not possible because y would you pay for something u can get in game with time and patience and not get maybe like a monthly exclusive gun that u cant get in game...not saying make it over powered but try to balance as best u can and also just a tip sometimes people just like to complain before anything actually happens in this community so i know your trying to help us all out, but don't get to the point where your just listening to negative things or plans that might noteven be in the works it's too stressful (just advice). as of now tho, honestly for a beta and a none official launch alot of things are going right and it seems like the server can take alot of people that are def willing to invest in game money items. i say follow your gut cause in the end all you can do is try!! :3

Thank you Pariah24.

There are ways to help minimize the idea of Pay To Win scenarios, which I'd be willing to help work on and find that compromise. The design of Metal Assault does show a lot of similarities to that kind of style, but I can help bridge the gap for you all to help keep it more competitive between game play and monetary investments.

#12 Tankudozaum

Tankudozaum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:42 AM

Thanks Leonis, I just want to say I am very satisfied with the server ! This server is the best!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users