This might be the key to get new players! - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

This might be the key to get new players!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

So i was thinking about how much i love to play rose online, and how more people could love the game like i do. That's when i realised we dont have a refferal system yet. Think of it, if you bring a friend to the game you will get 50 IM if he reaches lvl 100, 100 IM for lvl 200 and another 100 for lvl 230. In that way people will help their friends too lvl means more party's and more clerics in lower lvl area's and alot of new people!
xXcurioXx

#2 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:54 AM

A referral program would be awesome! We wouldn't be able to do something exactly like this unfortunately, but I'll poke the Dev team and see what they think, maybe we can do a limited time referral program in the future with some kind of item as a reward. If they were able to do something like this, what kind of an item you would like to see as a reward, other than Item Mall points?

#3 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:48 AM

I really apreciate this idea is giving tought.
Instead of IM a special gift would be given to you, like with 1 refer a t shirt, with 5 a special costume, with 10 a special weapon costume for your class, with 25 refs 1k im
xXcurioXx

#4 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:16 PM

Its a good and bad idea at the same time. People can just make new accounts/ characters making the reward easy to obtain, although i like the idea of it, but i don't want it to be abused and in the end, achieve nothing out of it

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 08 March 2016 - 06:17 PM.

#5 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:08 AM

it's just very easy to stop the abuses, just make an ip-check on it so people cant refer the same ip as they play on :)

xXcurioXx

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:25 AM

Referrals typically only work with a service that is paid, particularly buy to play games [where a license key is required to authenticate the account activation]

Something like a referral on ROSE would require some parameters, but could quite possibly still be worked around. 

I'd say the best position for a referral service would be to point it to the premium service. I kinda have a mach plan for it in my head so I'll go ahead and share the outline for those interested.

1: Send a referral 'code' to an email.

2: The code can only be activated on a WP account registered to the same email.

3: Once the 'code' is activated, the sender can no longer send referrals to that email [thus account ID]

4: The person who received the referral receives a type of discount and/or bonus on their purchase of a month of premium when using the code.

5: When the code is activated, the referrer gets a free week [or so] premium service, and some IM points.

This program outline does a few things.

Limits the number of referrals to unique email ID's.

Requires the purchase of a service in order to get a reward that is smaller in total than the purchase cost. [meaning inviting yourself would only give you a one time benefit, and after that you couldn't receive it again from that account, thus looping into cost ineffectiveness]

and finally encourages the usage of premium service via the referral, allowing the referrer, receiver of said referral, and ROSE Dev Team to all get a benefit from the transaction.

In other words, a potential win:win..:win? lol 

#7 raranz25

raranz25

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:ARUA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:29 AM

I think it'll be good to  advertise it on social media again like Facebook, IG. I think social media plays a vital role for people to recognize any games. Referral system might be abused in my opinion. People could just go somewhere and make a new account in a different pc. 

#8 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:57 AM

the account has to get to lvl 100-200 tho before the gift will be given out

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:26 AM

If they've made a purchase to 'consume' the referral benefit, then I doubt that's a necessary limitation. 

#10 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:08 AM

you are right but i dont want any pay-2-consume stuff. Now you are forcing people who are just actively getting new people to play to pay for the game. in my opinion you are just getting more people to pay then. That's not the concept. if more people join more people will buy IM anyways. dont force them to pay for the game before you will receive a gift.

#11 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:12 AM

Part of the referral could be a free 7 days premium, and the 'code' sent could get them a one-time discount then?

That way there's still incentive for the new player to purchase it, after having had a sample of it.

As yes, it is somewhat restrictive, but that's intentionally so. Without a payment being required, this referral service would just become free IM/premium by creating a free account, and the referrer get's the award while leaving the account they "referred".

It's really the only way to ensure that real people are being referred, instead of just registering a free account to give yourself free currency. It's lame, but it's really the only way to get it done correctly. 

Also, I have a sense this topic was specifically geared towards referring players to ROSE itself, and not WP in general. However there is a WP referral system in place, if you'd like to see the details follow the link below.

https://www.warpport...nt/friends.aspx

Edited by Feuer, 09 March 2016 - 02:18 AM.

#12 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:40 AM

in my opinion the 7 day trial for premium seems like a very good idea, it helps to get some cash from the free daily boxes aswell as the 30% more xp wich comes in very usefull for new players, besides that we should give out like a 20% extra IM on purchase for the account and on the first payment there will be an award for the refered account so both sides will have advantage instead of just the player who is not new at all to the game. this would be a win-win-win situation, since both the new player and already existing player would get a little benefit and warp portal will get extra money from purchases of IM with the 20% coupon code (1 time only) and the purchases after the 7 day premium trial.

xXcurioXx

#13 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

well what feuer mentioned fixes one of the problems, but knowing the internet and the people that likes, to break the actual line of system, they would just create a lot of dummy email accounts to reap the rewards. Just saying. The rest of it i agree so i give a thumbs up to it as mentioned before

#14 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:39 PM

The dummy accounts can be fixed by a restriction to refer your someone using the same ip adress to play

#15 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:13 AM

Ok, just for the record. basing ANY type of access [be it bans or referrals or multi logging] DOES NOT WORK. IP bypasses number in the dozens and are a dime-a-dozen when it comes to access. 

IP restriction always get's thrown around when it comes to limitations, and they just don't work anymore. They did, about 8 years ago, but not anymore. I just really wanted to clear that up. 

#16 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 10:42 AM

Hmm and how about a special gift when the person reaches a certain LVL?

#17 Tleliaxu

Tleliaxu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 March 2016 - 05:09 AM

Friends with Benefits

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:14 AM

Part of the referral could be a free 7 days premium, and the 'code' sent could get them a one-time discount then?

That way there's still incentive for the new player to purchase it, after having had a sample of it.

As yes, it is somewhat restrictive, but that's intentionally so. Without a payment being required, this referral service would just become free IM/premium by creating a free account, and the referrer get's the award while leaving the account they "referred".

It's really the only way to ensure that real people are being referred, instead of just registering a free account to give yourself free currency. It's lame, but it's really the only way to get it done correctly. 

Also, I have a sense this topic was specifically geared towards referring players to ROSE itself, and not WP in general. However there is a WP referral system in place, if you'd like to see the details follow the link below.

https://www.warpport...nt/friends.aspx

#19 Hellowarz

Hellowarz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:08 PM

I like the referral idea, however that being said, no amount will ever give item mall points, for good reason.... Just saying super easy on a non paid service for this to get min/maxed and trust me , people will if IM points are a reward. Otherwise simple and nice little ascetic rewards would be a good idea :)

"Part of the referral could be a free 7 days premium, and the 'code' sent could get them a one-time discount then?

That way there's still incentive for the new player to purchase it, after having had a sample of it."

^ That is going to end with people that keep making new accounts to get the free premium for 7 days on other accounts then transferring the rewards back to their main.... Min/Max, if that is implemented it will be some's big payoff.

Since we have a nice jumping spot here on ideas to get new players, I hope you don't mind if I throw out some ideas myself...

Spoiler

Of course another easily thought of "item" would be more pets, or some pets that are earned like mounts above, with excessive farming, but for something that you want for that "look" you're going for. With all the costume contests and emphasis on looks in the game in general, I see no reason why we don't promote that aspect to the max, and these grinds give those that have done everything else so to speak another challenge and end goal.

Spoiler

I think focusing on ideas that not only apply to a certain group but everyone are the best ones because that means putting investment into areas that aren't so directed and therefore payoff in more than one specified group/avenue allowing the dividends to payoff more exponentially or at least linearly instead of a plateau effect. Some kind of referral idea is nice because it does have an incentive for all. Any referral idea with item mall in any way will be min/max abused, I think Gravity knows this guys so I know it is what "we" want,  but realistically if we are reasoned about it there is no way ever. The only path for an item mall referral program to work is if it is on the paid side alone, thus it has a money barrier. One behind that however I think would work excellently :)

Edited by Hellowarz, 12 March 2016 - 12:09 PM.

#20 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

Any service, any at all, that doesn't require an investment will be exploited unless ROSE turns off it's multi-clienting feature or make it so you have to buy an account ID to play [like the Buy to Play models from GW2 and a few other titles where you buy the game, but the online service is free]. 

It comes down to simple greed.

If you offer something for nothing, people will use it for their own advantage. 

If you require some type of investment, then only patrons who are serious about supporting the game will look into it.

Things like a free 7 day premium can be functionally limited. Instead of the normal premium boxes, these 7 day 'freemiums' would have a special box [like we do with valentines day] where all the items are account or character locked.

But, when you're talking about rewarding players for registering free accounts, it will get taken advantage of.

For example, I used TinyTake for some time to record videos, but the initital download only had a maximum of 5 minutes recording time. You gained minutes by 'referring' people to the software. Instead, all I did was refer alternate emails registered the accounts and boom, i was up to a 30minute cap within an hour. 

And that's exactly how this would work on ROSE. Because there is no investment, no cost that the referrer or referred needs to make to get the benefits. This makes it easy for 1 person to mimic multiple accounts and just pile on the rewards.

Flat out, unless it's paid, it will NOT work. 

#21 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 03:42 AM

Friends with benefits is a warp portal related system, im here for a rose-only system

#22 damastascout

damastascout

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:36 PM

How about this, since gifts will be exploited... We could get 50% bonus xp when in the party with the referal (for both) and an item you can use once each hour to teleport to your friend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users