Error: Client Crash on startup 3DDATA... - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Error: Client Crash on startup 3DDATA...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 06 March 2016 - 11:44 PM

It seems a lot of people have an issue with this after new patches come out. 

3DDATA\STB\LIST_EFFECTS.STB
File open error...

I think a simple fix would be to have the launcher automatically initiate a "Check All" after each update.

A simple fix, but I think it would be effective in alleviating a lot of the tickets and threads made regarding this issue. Or some time could be set a side to try and fix this issue, so it does not arise again.

Edited by Banrukai, 06 March 2016 - 11:46 PM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 March 2016 - 01:24 AM

Actually a 'quick check' would be faster and still resolve the issue. The quick check if memory serves me right, will check that all the files updates in the patchlist.XML match-up and are in a sound state [ie, not corrupted/broke]. 

But I do agree, there seems to be this issue somewhat semi-regularly, and it really is as quick as performing a quick-check/check-all, but the average ROSEarian doesn't know to do that. 

#3 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:16 AM

Exactly. But I don't think the Patchlist.xml check will list every single file, I think it just lists all the VFS files and any files outside the VFS. Although I have no idea since I haven't messed with that before haha.

I had a more advanced fix, which would involve making a program that will open and read all VFS files and check if every file exists; and if not, it would download the missing file and place it into the VFS, then defragment/close the VFS. Kinda like another program we use, but I won't mention it.

Edited by Banrukai, 07 March 2016 - 02:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users