Open Up a new server? - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Open Up a new server?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#26 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 March 2016 - 05:48 AM

not hard when it's started by one :v

#27 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:03 AM

Screw the one who said wipe the Thor server like no one else care, we're playing just like ye all in Chaos, we even in many points admire ye, but for god's sake can we even gain a bit of respect? What in the world has Thor done to Chaos for us to receive so much hatred

Thor was made for Asians mostly as I've read a lot of time and what do we get as an advertisement by chaos players? If you like cheaters go to Thor, If you like overprice items go to Thor, if you liek rude players go to Thor, Thor is not newbie friendly at all. please stop dragging us down no matter how much we friggin try to rise.

Hacking was never taken for granted in Thor and even back in pRO, we even name and shame them for god's sake and yet people from Chaos assume we actually encourage it.

Edited by lorenz1375, 10 March 2016 - 06:07 AM.

#28 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:10 AM

Screw the one who said wipe the Thor server like no one else care, we're playing just like ye all in Chaos, we even in many points admire ye, but for god's sake can we even gain a bit of respect? What in the world has Thor done to Chaos for us to receive so much hatred

Thor was made for Asians mostly as I've read a lot of time and what do we get as an advertisement by chaos players? If you like cheaters go to Thor, If you like overprice items go to Thor, if you liek rude players go to Thor, Thor is not newbie friendly at all. please stop dragging us down no matter how much we friggin try to rise.

Hacking was never taken for granted in Thor and even back in pRO, we even name and shame them for god's sake and yet people from Chaos assume we actually encourage it.

There are far more cheaters in Chaos than in Thor dude

#29 HunYahiko

HunYahiko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:13 AM

The hate is real.  :ph34r:

#30 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:15 AM

Thor aint got no voice in decision making and we're dealing with it. It's really irritating that you be branded a cheater cause of what people think you are.

Btw, no matter how many times I say, I'll say it again, "getting MVP's in pRO through cash shop is not a choice, it's the only friggin way" just in case ye all think we're too not into hunting that we just buy them

#31 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:28 AM

What would be the point of a new server that would inherit the same backlog of missing updates and bug/exploit fixes we have on the existing servers?

#32 yardee

yardee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 10 March 2016 - 07:57 AM

What would be the point of a new server that would inherit the same backlog of missing updates and bug/exploit fixes we have on the existing servers?

agreed.. just shut the thing down ffs.. 10yrs too long lol

#33 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:02 AM

LOL. The weekend just started and these guys are already drunk and high. :D

#34 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

A new server without gramps or any ez mode stuff perhaps? Channel the pre renewal hardmode grind to a renewal server

#35 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

And what will pay for this new server?

#36 yardee

yardee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:49 AM

And what will pay for this new server?

nothing same as this one... just an old dusty pentium 2 and dial up 56k should do it...

#37 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:55 AM

might work if you were using a private server, but aegis systems are expensive man.

#38 yardee

yardee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

Its not even really an issue with the server its more the people running the servers and general game support from there side.. I just messaged ODA for example.. and he pretty much asked for more info about case then logged straight away.. amazing support, I need to take a leaf out of his book for not giving a FxxK about this server, I'm sure a lot of the dark side of RO came from mistreated players...

#39 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:12 AM

A new server would certainly bring old and new players in that previously quit or took a break.  It's a good short to mid-term fix on dwindling populations for any RPG.  It will definitely bring back people at the same time giving WP a higher income stream.

It's kind of like a "re-roll" on the same basis as other players instead of playing catch-up.  Very attractive imo.  Other games have done it and has proven very successful.

#40 yardee

yardee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:15 AM

A new server would certainly bring old and new players in that previously quit or took a break.  It's a good short to mid-term fix on dwindling populations for any RPG.  It will definitely bring back people at the same time giving WP a higher income stream.

It's kind of like a "re-roll" on the same basis as other players instead of playing catch-up.  Very attractive imo.  Other games have done it and has proven very successful.

but then people notice the staff team is the same and back to square one again.bots, dupes favoritism in forums by cm's . and so on.. and so on lol...

#41 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

but then people notice the staff team is the same and back to square one again.bots, dupes favoritism in forums by cm's . and so on.. and so on lol...

If you're going to complain, follow it up with your idea of a solution.  Otherwise, you'll just be known as a whiner (crybaby). no offense.

#42 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:25 AM

hey cory

#43 yardee

yardee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:31 AM

If you're going to complain, follow it up with your idea of a solution.  Otherwise, you'll just be known as a whiner (crybaby). no offense.

no offense taken, just stating some well known facts..i guess you never bothered to read any of this topic or you woulda seen my solution.. (fail) no offense...

Edited by yardee, 10 March 2016 - 09:33 AM.

#44 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:04 AM

i hope thor should merge with chaos and just have a woe sched that is good also for asians players. there is only few guilds and siegers in thor and too bad i always get into the guild of that hacker who can generate zeny for salary. 

Well I was all for a server merge, but now I have no money on thor also haha... So now I am against the idea.

/\

i Would love a server merge too,i know is not easy due to x,y exclusive pRO gears/refine....

Chaos could have a better PVP(i heard pRO players love PVP) and Thor could have a better WoE since Chaos has more WoE Players.

as bonus more parties for leveling BUT i dont think the server can handle everyone.

#45 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:16 AM

that would be fun until they allow silly item/zeny transfers :u

#46 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:34 AM

hey cory

hi

#47 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:36 AM

x 0.25 server anyone?

#48 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:41 AM

hi

back or just visiting? need the OG cory back in our lives

#49 TweekMeFokkeR

TweekMeFokkeR

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:45 AM

Kinda sad that <> beats them on bot security. however, i do see this happening. I just wanted a fresh start where people do not GR and Deviling combo and basically all damage i do is -_-. i only play this game time to time. my gears are decent but trash for pvpand woe.

Work hard, play hard. Be smart.

#50 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:48 AM

/\

i Would love a server merge too,i know is not easy due to x,y exclusive pRO gears/refine....

Chaos could have a better PVP(i heard pRO players love PVP) and Thor could have a better WoE since Chaos has more WoE Players.

as bonus more parties for leveling BUT i dont think the server can handle everyone.

What's the point? The people that Thor players want to play with would be asleep by the time they log on. Merging wouldn't magically fix timezone differences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users