Official jRO alternate sprites (UPDATED [FINAL] Dec. 19, 2017) - Page 9 - kRO/jRO Translation Station - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Official jRO alternate sprites (UPDATED [FINAL] Dec. 19, 2017)

237 replies to this topic

#201 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:04 AM

MAL is the abbreviation for www.myanimelist.net, an anime/manga english site where you can keep track of all the anime you have watched and the manga you have read.

Thank you! Fortunately it wasn't what I was thinking  :heh:  

#202 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:30 AM

btw what is the MAL website ? it sounds like a website that spreads malicious software ...

MAL is the abbreviation for www.myanimelist.net, an anime/manga english site where you can keep track of all the anime you have watched and the manga you have read.

Thank you! Fortunately it wasn't what I was thinking  :heh:  

Seikai !!!  :p_laugh: 

I used MAL for reading anime/manga/h****i synopsis and popularity tracks, while I keep track of upcoming seasonal anime list in anichart :p_laugh:

#203 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

Seikai !!!  :p_laugh:

I used MAL for reading anime/manga/h****i synopsis and popularity tracks, while I keep track of upcoming seasonal anime list in anichart :p_laugh:

what site do you use to h***** usually good sir?

and since internet positif, whats a good VPN to use?

thanks gan :P

#204 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

anonymox web browser add-ins/plug-ins never fails me so far getting liberty during web surfing, I rarely used VPNs but if I were asked to recommend one I think I'll recommend https://www.hotspotshield.com/vpn/ . That VPN service has been reliably proven during iRO DDoS downtime and random mass network filtering.

I mostly find my h sources (titles, review, popularity charts) from MAL, then just randomly put the titles on popular torrent website. I hate H streamed service, it's NSFW :p_laugh:

#205 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4116 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:51 AM

anonymox web browser add-ins/plug-ins never fails me so far getting liberty during web surfing, I rarely used VPNs but if I were asked to recommend one I think I'll recommend https://www.hotspotshield.com/vpn/ . That VPN service has been reliably proven during iRO DDoS downtime and random mass network filtering.

I mostly find my h sources (titles, review, popularity charts) from MAL, then just randomly put the titles on popular torrent website. I hate H streamed service, it's NSFW :p_laugh:

i see, personally i also use anonymox, but your recommendation seems good, will try it later

thanks a lot :)

#206 TrevMUN

TrevMUN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:RagnarokWisdom
  • Server:Chaos, Loki

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

Was browsing through this thread, and now I'm a bit confused. People are saying these new class sprites are replacing the original sprites?

People won't be able to pick between sprite styles? That's what I thought was meant by "alternate" ... Some of these new designs are more appealing to me personally than the originals, but I also feel vice versa about others.

I've always been of the mindset that more choices are better. Then again, I'm one of those loonies who really wanted to see RO follow through with the original dev team's class tree plans.

Also some things from flipping through the pages here:

I do not like most of these sprite clothing, I do not like.

Japan seems to have taken a step forward in their view on women, and that is a bad bad thing. Why are all the girls actually covered up properly now?! This is absolutely deplorable and ludicrous.

Maybe it's because they hire women on their development team?

Not for nothing, but it was the Ragnarok Online community that first made me realize there's women who are really into female characters with revealing outfits.

After all, women on Japanese development teams were responsible for character designs like Dahlia/Tsuki and Bayonetta. Then you have female authors like Hiromu Arakawa of Full Metal Alchemist fame, whose motto is "Men should be buff, women should be vavoom!"

"Wanderer" is short for "Wandering Performer" which is basically what a "Gypsy/Minstrel" is.

You know what would have made a lot of sense thematically? Rather than Bard -> Clown -> Minstrel (kRO) / Bard -> Minstrel -> Maestro (iRO), they could've gone with Bard -> Minstrel -> Troubadour. After watching Terry Jones' Medieval Lives episode on minstrels I learned that, historically, troubadours replaced minstrels in the courtly entertainment role.

And then the fourth class (I heard they're coming?) could be called Court Poet or something like that.

(Also, apparently it was a minstrel who started the Battle of Hastings in 1066. You know, the Norman Conquest and all that.)

Edited by TrevMUN, 19 February 2018 - 11:22 PM.

#207 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:24 AM

Was browsing through this thread, and now I'm a bit confused. People are saying these new class sprites are replacing the original sprites?

People won't be able to pick between sprite styles? That's what I thought was meant by "alternate" ... Some of these new designs are more appealing to me personally than the originals, but I also feel vice versa about others.

I've always been of the mindset that more choices are better. Then again, I'm one of those loonies who really wanted to see RO follow through with the original dev team's class tree plans.

If I'm not wrong, I maybe able to answer :

- In Japan's Ragnarok Online, these alternate costumes are sold for 5,000 Shop points. It's up to player whether or not they'd like to change or simply leave their characters as the original 3rd class design.

- Later, KRO announced their plan on continuing their job tree beyond 3rd class. People believed it maybe 4th class.

- But it eventually turned out to be an "Awakening System" that reset characters that have Lv175 back to Lv100 with new kind of points to spend on secondary stats like Critical for example.

- Then KRO announced that 3rd class characters who do a re-rebirth can choose between the original one or redesigned from JRO.

#208 khoiruunisarf

khoiruunisarf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationConfidential
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:09 AM

Please iRO, bring these new sprite available in-game. Please jRO, let us have this globally.

As a woman, the current Wanderer outfit is the only one to prevent me to make one. It's an entirely different story with that new outfit!

#209 Darkeshi

Darkeshi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:40 PM

now the question is when we gonna get these? in 2 years from now?

#210 KunKnee

KunKnee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • Twitter:@kunknee

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:04 PM

I could be wrong, but I think Camp mentioned somewhere that it is coming to iRO soon... + _+

#211 CarlPanda8

CarlPanda8

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:51 AM

If I'm not wrong, I maybe able to answer :

- In Japan's Ragnarok Online, these alternate costumes are sold for 5,000 Shop points. It's up to player whether or not they'd like to change or simply leave their characters as the original 3rd class design.

- Later, KRO announced their plan on continuing their job tree beyond 3rd class. People believed it maybe 4th class.

- But it eventually turned out to be an "Awakening System" that reset characters that have Lv175 back to Lv100 with new kind of points to spend on secondary stats like Critical for example.

- Then KRO announced that 3rd class characters who do a re-rebirth can choose between the original one or redesigned from JRO.

Devs canceled and scrapped the awakening system and instead extended BLVL to 185 and JLVL to 65 for 3rd classes... Rumors might be 4th class.

#212 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:31 PM

New RK outfit is RG wannabe and RG outfit still looks better :)

#213 LeeKelly

LeeKelly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationUmbala; Amatsu

Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:31 PM

New RK outfit is RG wannabe and RG outfit still looks better :)

I still prefer the current RK outfit. I hope we get the option of retaining our current outfit if ever jRO sprites come out.

#214 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:30 PM

The popularity of Second Costumes at JRO.

a1545204624371.png

The light blue graph on the right indicates how popular the second costume of the job is.

From top to bottom : Sura, Rune Knight, Maestro, Sorceror, Arch Bishop, Ranger, Mechanic, Shadow Chaser, Warlock, Royal Guard, Wanderer, Geneticist and Guillotine Cross.

Which means Guillotine Cross is the most favorite second costume at JRO while most people still choose Sura's original costume for their characters.

If you like, you may read other interesting statistics at my blog here.

In JRO, 4 or even 5 Arch Bishops is possible in a party...

#215 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

The popularity of Second Costumes at JRO.
a1545204624371.png
The light blue graph on the right indicates how popular the second costume of the job is.

From top to bottom : Sura, Rune Knight, Maestro, Sorceror, Arch Bishop, Ranger, Mechanic, Shadow Chaser, Warlock, Royal Guard, Wanderer, Geneticist and Guillotine Cross.

Which means Guillotine Cross is the most favorite second costume at JRO while most people still choose Sura's original costume for their characters.

If you like, you may read other interesting statistics at my blog here.
In JRO, 4 or even 5 Arch Bishops is possible in a party...

Roween chan, what's your favorite jro class?

#216 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 12:46 AM

Roween chan, what's your favorite jro class?

I love princess knight  :rice:

giphy.gif

#217 SeiginoYuusha

SeiginoYuusha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 01:09 AM

You mean female RG Saber from FSN OBBO? :v

41VuWShjYNL.jpg

#218 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1243 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 08:28 AM

Female chaser looking sexy with fish net stocking.

#219 andxres

andxres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

You mean female RG Saber from FSN OBBO? :v

41VuWShjYNL.jpg

Lack ahoge

#220 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 24 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Waiting-Memes-52918-aad4877.jpg

#221 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 24 January 2019 - 09:19 PM

9FA7eIb.png

jRO really loves using the alt AB for baby chars lol, I only got the alt AB skin because it matches my hat

#222 lolitoni

lolitoni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationYour heart.

Posted 23 February 2019 - 08:16 AM

Camp said that alternative outfits would come last year, but it's already 2019 and nothing.  :yawn:

#223 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 25 February 2019 - 05:30 AM

I need the geneticist one so bad. GX and Mechanic look slick too. :p_laugh:

#224 lolitoni

lolitoni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationYour heart.

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:06 PM

I need the geneticist one so bad. GX and Mechanic look slick too. :p_laugh:

I want the geneticist outfit too! It's thousand of times better than the default option (those mouths on shoulders, geez).

#225 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:51 PM

jRO alt sprites now introduced to Ragnarok Mobile

https://ro.xd.com/

Reply to this topic