Simple solution against Botting - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Simple solution against Botting

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:50 AM

Retinal scans. I suspect RO players have at least one retina.

#27 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:12 PM

Retinal scans. I suspect RO players have at least one retina.

But what if you're blind? I recall there are some players that rely on sound to play the game.

#28 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

It doesn't matter if the visual faculty is functional, that portion of the eye just needs to be present and accessible.

#29 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:31 PM

What if you put somekind of new account creation wall, that prevents creating accounts in seconds after they are banned.

For example you only can create accounts on the first day of the month. That's it. Or you can get a account straight away when you buy vip for longer then a month on it or something like that.

No matter if all accounts get created at the start of the month, you can clearly see massive amounts of accounts being created by ip's and keep them under control by seeing what they actually do once logged in, and just auto ban all of them once you see they are bots.

Then at the second day login, move to payon, check all ip's and accounts that are logged in registrate them through a program. Then block the teleporter, kill the whole map and heal the spawn point. Everyhting that logs out in masses or keeps on walking at the teleporter to move to that zone = ban. Put a second gm forwards that will only check out what they traded and when, so you can see where the money ends up in.

See what accounts are bound towards those ip's, ban them on top of it and completely block out those ip's.

Do this on multiple maps and multiple times a month, and i'm sure massive amounts of bots will be removed from the game.

Just some brainfarting.

I assume you never watch Tiki Tuesday, once Oda found a bot, all characters/accounts related to the bot ip = banned and black listed, let me enchant your ideas.

•New account/each char had a BASE LV LIMIT (35).

•Bypass the level limit by exchange Magical Stone (>input number here<) to an item/cash item and give it to related NPC to release your level limit (buy magical crystal from cash shop for fast way or doing the bounty board to get 8 EMB for a magical crystal).

•disable trade/party/guild and chat/whisp/chat group/chat guild for player lv below 36.

This will prevent those botters to multiplying and illegal transaction between bot account to main account, this also prevent those duped items spread

Those uneducated player using foreign language need to get an education, read the server rules, I believe there is a peoples who had no idea what the word "DO NO BOT" means exist in the main server (Chaos).

Too difficult?, cant handle the challenge? = leave/another game/anywhere else but not here in IRO.

since there's no way to do anything like require SSN during account creation, i think assigning a credit card or something would definitely help. you don't need to make a single monetary transaction if you don't want to, but just having a valid credit card connected to the account would make it much more difficult for bot farmers. they'd need to get new credit cards every time they were banned.

the only problem is not everyone has a credit card, maybe something else can be used as a substitute in those cases. it just has to be something that has uniqueness just like a CC.

Phone pin number, like FB, code verification to activating your account send via sms to your phone.

#30 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

iWKad22.jpg?fb

#31 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

iWKad22.jpg?fb

What?,

•The most important for newbie is learn how to play properly and acknowledged the server rules.

•Basic hunting/playing experience needed, not a beggar, not a spammer, not a scammer, not a BOT!.

•Hell I try to invite someone pure new to this game, he give up in 3hours never play anymore, he said its too confusing.

Spoiler

•When for the 1st time I joint IRO, the only thing I care is leveling, apple, carrot, is a precious thing, until someone told me about "Eden", when I was LV 30. and TI after I was lv 88.

•Rarely talk to peoples, I had no idea what I must to talk about, and I had no time to talk anyway, keep leveling and obviously leveling in wrong way.

Staff should make a funny basic educational video for new player (appear during registration) how to leveling properly, how to get free 350 potion, how to get free hair style coupon, how to get free useful hat(Criatura Academy Hat) how to get free fly wing etc.(Education videos event?)

A notification and then few question when a person make a new account (like a question appear when for 1st time a player try TI), the new person/player need to pass the test (score 10/10) before his/her account got created (there is 20 question from total 120 question).(item reward account bound inside storage?).

IRO today account is like garbage, create create bot ban, create create bot ban, create bot ban create bot ban, no effort, and less appreciate, its because less education on how to play properly and acknowledging the server rules.

Edited by EdwinKuswanto, 24 April 2016 - 12:22 PM.

#32 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:52 PM

i didnt know eden until I made my first char to 99. I returned to RO after pre-re and I think the first quests are pretty much obvious with all those popping quest marks and text balloons. idk why newer players skipped those and still begs for warp money.

RO is just too hard for some people and most leveling botters I used to know just wanted to skip the pvm aspect and go directly to pvp/woe.

the idea of SSN or some sort of unique ID like kRO is likely to happen considering this is INTERNATIONAL RO, f2p. as for now the simplest solution to REDUCE botters is for GMs to remain vigilant, increase the number of invisible GMs at izlude and hire people from various timezones. GMs kept whining about their sheer number vs botters' on every ticket, why cant they just focus on fixing this?

but that's just my two cents.

#33 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:51 AM

I assume you never watch Tiki Tuesday, once Oda found a bot, all characters/accounts related to the bot ip = banned and black listed, let me enchant your ideas.

•New account/each char had a BASE LV LIMIT (35).

•Bypass the level limit by exchange Magical Stone (>input number here<) to an item/cash item and give it to related NPC to release your level limit (buy magical crystal from cash shop for fast way or doing the bounty board to get 8 EMB for a magical crystal).

•disable trade/party/guild and chat/whisp/chat group/chat guild for player lv below 36.

This will prevent those botters to multiplying and illegal transaction between bot account to main account, this also prevent those duped items spread

Those uneducated player using foreign language need to get an education, read the server rules, I believe there is a peoples who had no idea what the word "DO NO BOT" means exist in the main server (Chaos).

Too difficult?, cant handle the challenge? = leave/another game/anywhere else but not here in IRO.

Phone pin number, like FB, code verification to activating your account send via sms to your phone.

This would probably affected legitimate users more than the botters. A lot of players have second account for merchant vending, and those merchants are usually on non-VIP account and under level 36 (Just for level 10 vending). 

All these phone verification can be easily bypassed. You can easily route the verfication code to an disposable and free internet phone number or emails to get the code. That's why there are so many fake facebook accounts. 

A lot of bots are actually pretty low level (sub 30). They farm mundane items like Stem, Poison Spores, Strawberry, etc etc. I have yet to see a bot farming OCA from Hazy. Without trading, there would be no way for newer legitimate players to earn any zeny at all. NPC loot selling is really not viable able with this economy. 

Level restriction for non-vip would not fly well at all with such low population.  It's already hard to form a party from mid-TI and onward. 

#34 BookishBrenda

BookishBrenda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:44 AM

All these phone verification can be easily bypassed. You can easily route the verfication code to an disposable and free internet phone number or emails to get the code. That's why there are so many fake facebook accounts.

Umm... If I remember correctly, they (Google, Twitter, etc.) usually have those (VoIP) phone number ranges blacklisted... :hmm:

#35 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:06 AM

They do have global blacklist / anti-spam system but it's not very effective. Also you're not limited to just US number, so you can pretty much generate a number from Germany and used it to create Facebook account.  There are even websites that would generate fake number for you and it will displays a verification message once you put them in on Facebook.

#36 BookishBrenda

BookishBrenda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:23 AM

Like I said, several of the (free) services are blocked, regardless of the phone number(s) they give out. They identify the carrier behind the phone number to see if its trustworthy. They usually won't accept the number if it's not. Online services that give out free numbers are continuously being used for fraud, harassment, spamming, etc. The phone numbers they give out are identifiable.

To what extend is Facebook even trying to block phone numbers...? If it is mostly for two-factor authentication, would they even bother that much...

#37 DarkWarriorX0

DarkWarriorX0

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:30 PM

Have an idea or two

#1 Have every account registered with a valid credit card including Full name, Address, birthday and telephone number. Hire additional GMs that patrol specific areas in the game that are known to contain bots or hire players to do the same and play in WP or Kafra Points, if this option is used the players must provide screenshots showing the bots as well as time and location information. Have in the terms and conditions clearly stating that an account that is caught using Botting software will have their credit card charged a specific amount and their account banned. 

#2 Captcha AFK Time Limit. This time limit activates for each player at random intervals throughout the day/week. Every ten, fifteen, or thirty minutes or hour or every 2 hours a time sensitive alert will appear on screen prompting the player to input the captcha while also giving that player specific instructions like say to go to X,Y location in Geffen to receive a special item or stat boosts that last longer than normal boosts. If you fail to input the Captcha within the set number of captcha event for your account, your account becomes instantly yellow flagged meaning that IT personal now have your account under watch for as long as they see fit. Of course some people are bound to miss a captcha if they are doing a gramps quest or WOE.

With your account yellow flagged you must now answer captcha when you enter every map until a time that your account has been reviewed and been determined that you are not running bot software. If you are found running bot software your account is charged just like in Idea #1 and immediately banned.

The Captcha will not be a pop up window either but rather apart of your player information like Booking or Rec. The player receives the notice that a captcha is present by the simple level up animation, skill up animation or simple character animation like inverting the characters color palette for 2-3 seconds. 

These are just an idea or two I came up with on the spot but I am very annoyed with the bot problem. 

#38 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:59 AM

#1. Player patrolling the area would likely result in some witch hunting and abuses. Some other game have community volunteers to moderate the cheaters, but the suspect identity is anonymous. In iRO this would be a full scale witch hunting. I got called bots many time having 4 clients auto follow me while I am farming Eden badges with my rebel.  The credit card method would not work so well also in a Free to Play model. 

#2 I am ok with bot running rampant than having to deal with CAPTCHA to be honest.  I am running mostly 8 clients at a time. Lots of vend, buy shop, Eden chat shop, etc etc. This would affect beyond just merchants to maybe potter who usually have 3-4 client at least for buffs and stuffs during their potting session. During WoE, some people have 10-15 accounts with SD mech ready to blow up the opponent, and those CAPTCHA would be a big hassle. 

Like I said, several of the (free) services are blocked, regardless of the phone number(s) they give out. They identify the carrier behind the phone number to see if its trustworthy. They usually won't accept the number if it's not. Online services that give out free numbers are continuously being used for fraud, harassment, spamming, etc. The phone numbers they give out are identifiable.

To what extend is Facebook even trying to block phone numbers...? If it is mostly for two-factor authentication, would they even bother that much...

It's not as easy to detect that. I have 9 fake facebook accounts to play those free candy game so I don't annoy my family member with invites. I have zero problem with any authentication.  All the phone number and credentials are all fake. If a multi billion dollar company can't do it, I doubt WP have resource to do so. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users