Map-Special Dungeons (In Progress) - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Map-Special Dungeons (In Progress)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:08 PM

Note: This suggestion is not yet complete. This thread will also serve as a brainstorming thread for the whole community's contribution of their ideas and suggestions. This suggestion is to offered additional fun for low level players and to attract new players into the game, and not just focus on "leveling" to reach end-game contents.

These low level dungeons do not reward EXP. They are only for farming, questing, and achievements (soon) purposes.

Subterranean Spring (Lv: 30 - 45)

This is a low level dungeon that can be accessed through Breezy Hills. The entrance is through the waterfall wall as seen from the screenshot.

Breezy Hills will have the map drop of Breezy Hills Medal. When entering the dungeon, this medal must be presented at the entrance by the group leader to access the dungeon. Only the group leader is required to hold the said item and to enter the dungeon. Members of the group will automatically be teleported inside the dungeon. The more medals the group leader holds, the higher drop rates the dungeon will have.

Subterranean_Spring.png

Monsters before reaching the first boss:

• Dark Flanae - Weak monster that deals great damage when attacking in group. Killing them with area-of-effect abilities is the most effective way to quickly reduce or annihilate their strength.
  • Wild Flanae - This monster has chunks of HP that must be taken down by the whole party.
  • Devil Pest Flanae (healing) - Killing this monster will remove Flanaelion's ability to regenerate and heal.
  • Devil Pest Flanae (defensive) - Killing this monster will greatly reduce Flanaelion's defense and magic defense.
  • Devil Pest Flanae (offensive) - Killing this monster will greatly reduce Flanaelion's attack power.
  • Devil Pest Flanae (summoning) - Killing this monster will remove Flanaelion's ability to summon Flanaelites.
  • Devil Pest Flanae (special) - Killing this monster will remove Flanaelion's special ability.

Monsters before reaching second boss:

• Pomic Pawn - This monster has a crowd formation. The more monster of this type exists during formation, the stronger their attack power boost would be.
  • Pomic Militia - This is a defensive monster that casts damage reduction barrier to its nearby allies making it difficult to clear the Pomic Pawns.
  • Pomic Assassin - This monster has invisibility and stacking poison damage on melee attack.

Monsters before reaching final boss:

• Dalping Shooter - This monter dies in one hit but deals hurtful damage when ignored.

Bosses:

• Flanaelion (1st boss) - Destroying preferred Devil Pest Flanae, if not all, will weaken this boss.
  • Chief Antedael (2nd boss) - This boss will undergo cloaking when its HP is below 15%.
  • Stream Dalspring (final boss) - This boss is no-brainer but it deals more damage the lower HP it has.

Monsters summoned by bosses:

• Flanaelites - Monsters summoned by boss Flanaelion.

Drops:

• (coming soon)

Boss Drops:

• (coming soon)

Rewards Upon Dungeon Completion:

• (coming soon)

Mysterious Desert Hole (Lv: 40 - 55)

This is a low level dungeon that can be accessed through El Verloon Desert. The entrance is through the holes of El Verloon as seen from the screenshot.

El Verloon Desert will have the map drop of El Verloon Desert Medal. When entering the dungeon, this medal must be presented at the entrance by the group leader to access the dungeon. Only the group leader is required to hold the said item and to enter the dungeon. Members of the group will automatically be teleported inside the dungeon. The more medals the group leader holds, the higher drop rates the dungeon will have.

Mysterious_Desert_Hole.png

• Rackie Swordsman - Melee Rackie fighter with mediocre defense and attack power.
  • Rackie Archer - Ranged Rackie fighter with low defense but high attack power.
  • Rackie Guardian - Melee Rackie fighter with high defense but low attack power.

Monsters before reaching the second boss:

• Beetlelions - A small but itchy monster. These monsters are cloaking and can only be revealed by skills.

Monsters before reaching the final boss:

• Old Turtle - This monster has chunks of HP that must be taken down by the whole party.
  • Ancient Turtle - High attack power and defense. As its HP drops, both attack power and defense drops as well.
  • Turtle Elite - These monters aren't aggressive at all but goes all-out when damaged. This monster does not die as well.

Bosses:

• Rackie Rebellion (1st boss) - This boss has an special that can instantly kill its target (if not tanky enough).
  • Underworld Pincer (2nd boss) - Has area of effect stun for 6 to 8 seconds.
  • Genji (final boss) - Very high defense and magic defense, high HP, low attack power. Increases defense and magic defense when HP drops 30%

Drops:

• (coming soon)

Boss Drops:

• (coming soon)

• (coming soon)

Junon Field Trip (Lv: 50 - 65)

This is a low level dungeon that can be accessed through Anima Lake. The entrance is through an NPC that will let you ride the cart going to the dungeon instance.

Anima lake will have the map drop of Animal Lake Medal. When entering the dungeon, this medal must be presented to the NPC by the group leader to access the dungeon. Only the group leader is required to hold the said item and to enter the dungeon. Members of the group will automatically be teleported inside the dungeon. The more medals the group leader holds, the higher drop rates the dungeon will have.

Junon_Field_Trip.png

• Flanae Guardian - Immobile monster with mediocre attack power and defense.
  • Porkie Servant - Grants his allies with increased defense and magic defense.
  • Porkie Butler Grants his allies with increased attack power and attack speed.

Monsters before reaching the second boss:

• Grunter Grunt - Has slow attack speed but deals great damage.
  • Grunter Bandit - Has high attack speed and max critical rate but low attack power.

Bosses:

• Porkie Lord (1st boss) - High defense and HP with great regeneration when HP drops below 10%
  • Grunter Pirate (2nd boss) - Mediocre defense and HP with high attack power. This boss has area of effect skills.

Monsters before ending the dungeon instance:

• Aqua Assassin (attack power support) - One of the 3 cloaked up Aqua Assassins that grants bonus attack power to the other two while alive.
  • Aqua Assassin (critical rate support) One of the 3 cloaked up Aqua Assassins that grants bonus critical rate to the other two while alive.
  • Aqua Assassin (attack speed support) One of the 3 cloaked up Aqua Assassins that grants bonus attack speed to the other two while alive.

Drops:

• (coming soon)

Boss Drops:

• (coming soon)

• (coming soon)

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 14 March 2016 - 08:55 PM.

#2 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:43 PM

??? (Lv: 60 - 75)

This is a low level dungeon that can be accessed through Forest of Wisdom.

??? (Lv: 70 - 85)

This is a low level dungeon that can be accessed through Kenji's Beach.

??? (Lv: 80 - 95)

This is a low level dungeon that can be accessed through Gorge of Silence.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 14 March 2016 - 07:16 PM.

#3 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:47 AM

good ideas and also bad. Are you aware that there are also dungeons for lower levels like 100-180?

Cuz those are bloody hard and they don't even run. 

You'll need to give a certain way to motivate players to play these dungeons you mentioned above in order for them to be functional in the 1st place, cuz if not, its just going to end up like the lower level dungeons we have now

#4 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:01 AM

I am aware. And I am also aware that there is no dungeon for level 100. These are the dungeons: CoU 120 to 150, HoO 140 to 170, SoD 160 to 190.

Those mentioned dungeons can be adjusted in terms of mob's and boss' strength. While these dungeons I am suggesting shouldn't be too difficult to run with mediocre gears (wearing level 30 equips with 5 levels of refinement). The way they can be hard depends on how you play the dungeon. If you noticed, these bosses have special qualities and abilities, and they have weakness and counters as well.

This should be very easy if you follow the proper strategies in completing these dungeons or if you know how to actually complete them.

Also, the reason why these level 100+ dungeons aren't ran is because everyone is rushing to reach end-game levels. Cleric buffs are causing too much powerleveling.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 15 March 2016 - 06:29 AM.

#5 Aeirazu

Aeirazu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

Hmm pretty interesting mate :D

#6 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:24 PM

??? (Lv: 60 - 75)

This is a low level dungeon that can be accessed through Forest of Wisdom.

Could be the Great Tree itself

??? (Lv: 70 - 85)

This is a low level dungeon that can be accessed through Kenji's Beach.

That weird stone thing below the Gorge of Silence entrance could be a "portal" to a dungeon.

??? (Lv: 80 - 95)

This is a low level dungeon that can be accessed through Gorge of Silence.

Worm Dragon Cave in the North East Corner 

Edited by Zurn, 15 March 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#7 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

Thats what I talk about! Instead spend time drawing useless costumes all time.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

Costumes are what's keeping this game alive atm. You can't blame them. They really do need to start thinking about better monetization. 

#9 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:15 PM

Costumes are what's keeping this game alive atm. You can't blame them. They really do need to start thinking about better monetization. 

I know and I agree.

I would feel a lot better paying to play if they develope better game structure instead only costume stuff for money.

#10 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:39 PM

^ This.

Making the game more fun is a long term investment than making direct in-game sales which is just short term. If you make the game more worthy of being played, you attract more players, you get more than what direct in-game sales can offer you.

The main goal of this suggestion to keep the game alive in a longer term. Return the meta of the newbies where they search for level 50+ gears from shop and they can be found. Unlike our current meta, majority of the shops contains end-game items for end-game players. Hence, we lose the essence of actually playing the game.

Let's be honest, if we are to play ROSE, what's our mind setting? Get to level 230 ASAP. Why?

• Powerleveling
  • Ghost towns
  • Less interesting contents for lower levels
  • Availability of essences for being a lowbie
  • etc

All the fun starts only upon reaching 230:

• Farming spots
  • PvP and arena
  • Playable dungeons
  • Everyone is 230
  • Most contents only for 230
  • etc

Now what happens to a low level player in progress?

• Rush to 230
  • Quit of boredom

I want ROSE to be a game which isn't about "leveling" but about enjoying the game while you level. Let's make it so that once you reach 230, you already have everything you wanted/needed.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 15 March 2016 - 04:47 PM.

#11 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

^ This.

Making the game more fun is a long term investment than making direct in-game sales which is just short term. If you make the game more worthy of being played, you attract more players, you get more than what direct in-game sales can offer you.

The main goal of this suggestion to keep the game alive in a longer term. Return the meta of the newbies where they search for level 50+ gears from shop and they can be found. Unlike our current meta, majority of the shops contains end-game items for end-game players. Hence, we lose the essence of actually playing the game.

Let's be honest, if we are to play ROSE, what's our mind setting? Get to level 230 ASAP. Why?

• Powerleveling
  • Ghost towns
  • Less interesting contents for lower levels
  • Availability of essences for being a lowbie
  • etc

All the fun starts only upon reaching 230:

• Farming spots
  • PvP and arena
  • Playable dungeons
  • Everyone is 230
  • Most contents only for 230
  • etc

Now what happens to a low level player in progress?

• Rush to 230
  • Quit of boredom

I want ROSE to be a game which isn't about "leveling" but about enjoying the game while you level. Let's make it so that once you reach 230, you already have everything you wanted/needed.

All the fun? starts only upon reaching 230:

• Farming spots What worth farming actually that everyone already have a lot? Only same crap stuff to make trilions to buy... costumes to have a storage with 4658981 costumes to be a "collector".
  • PvP and arena Same fights, not much ppl enjoying arena, same crap rewards that will make no difference once everyone can have the same stuff "easily"
  • Playable dungeons Where ppl do only part of the dgs to rush saving points to buy stuffs that everyone will have the same, again, so you will get bored really soon, and the dg drops... almost worth nothing.
  • Everyone is 230 Cause it's quite easy to level, all you need is to register 3 accounts, make all aoes and done. A week should be more than enough for some of us.
  • Most contents only for 230 What content? The only thing that worth something in our game actually are the costumes with don't requires levels. The only different stuff are for the previously mentioned and 'boring things do do'.
  • etc What?

Most of the players who are here, if not collecting stuff everyone already got, is playing pvp freakly what means they don't care if the game is just an arena or have game content to enjoy.

#12 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

Your definition of "fun" is not a general definition. I am not gonna re-explain everything.

Additionally, you are misinterpreting me hence you are counterattacking me. By saying ^This it means I agree with you. So I'm not sure what purpose your last response serves.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 15 March 2016 - 05:23 PM.

#13 Hellowarz

Hellowarz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

That really scares me, and should scare more.

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:40 PM

I know and I agree.

I would feel a lot better paying to play if they develope better game structure instead only costume stuff for money.

Fundamental problem.

They need the money, to develop the content, that you expect to immediately get for paying for the service. 

If they made it pay to play or some other sort, and nothing new was immediately added, people would abandon ship before the new content had a chance to be made, and the game dies.

But doing nothing, will also lead to it dying.

Now, having said that, the amount of new content coming with the latest pegasus update is massive. it's an entire change to the meta and how you want to approach character building, both itemization, AND having maybe 1-2 mains. Instead [like me] having all classes maxed out. 

NOW, if THAT content is played and enjoyed, and somehow manages to make money, then they could develop content, offer better paid services, and start making a profitable climb. But that's a big if. 

#15 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

Fundamental problem.

They need the money, to develop the content, that you expect to immediately get for paying for the service. 

If they made it pay to play or some other sort, and nothing new was immediately added, people would abandon ship before the new content had a chance to be made, and the game dies.

But doing nothing, will also lead to it dying.

Now, having said that, the amount of new content coming with the latest pegasus update is massive. it's an entire change to the meta and how you want to approach character building, both itemization, AND having maybe 1-2 mains. Instead [like me] having all classes maxed out. 

NOW, if THAT content is played and enjoyed, and somehow manages to make money, then they could develop content, offer better paid services, and start making a profitable climb. But that's a big if. 

Yeah I know.

I would feel confortable to pay for it like a "project" of bringing this game 'back to life'. But wouldn't have much ppl thinking the same maybe. :heh:

#16 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:57 PM

I just want random big bosses wandering around the maps, promising a very low chance of dropping something unique.

Giant dragon somewhere, Elite Behemoth somewhere... & of course they're so strong that it takes a group of 15 if not more to fight...and so. In short, strong bosses & worthy rewards.

#17 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:00 PM

Thing with that is, people or clannies will only camp for its spawn then only the "strongest" will always benefit most. That's not the goal of this suggestion. Not to make the rich rich. Not to make the strong, stronger.

#18 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

Thing with that is, people or clannies will only camp for its spawn then only the "strongest" will always benefit most. That's not the goal of this suggestion. Not to make the rich rich. Not to make the strong, stronger.

I wanna emphasize on random, completely random.

Random bosses, random maps, random rewards at very low chance.

Even if they can't develop the bosses to fight intelligently, make them outstanding strong as a last resort.

And I'm sorry I was replying to 2 guys above, about developing new contents & money issues, 

wasn't commenting on the suggestion itself, at all.

#19 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:14 PM

Ahh. You can create a separate thread for your suggestion then to catch dev's attention. Your suggestion would barely be seen under the replies.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 15 March 2016 - 08:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users