Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 March 2016 - 09:14 AM

So I am doing the renewal thing. I have extensive knowledge of RO and basic terms, but know very little about renewal. I have a ranger and rg, but I really like the idea of a gx for pvm fun. So going pure rc.

Mostly looking for advice for gears to prioritize. I have/will have like 8b in renewal very soon (xfer a portion of my zeny over). I have some basic stuff for right now, such as +9 HBP wakwak, +9 vanguard/rwh, blood sucker, F's Rex things and shadow gears.... I'll explain my goals and hopefully get some advice on future gears. I am going to get a dr +9 HBP because I'll be using it on other characters as well. I know I'll need a thana katar.

My goal is to have maximum rc dps. After doing some reading (mostly that thread about meth and salty) I am realizing that reducing the after cast delay is going to be huge. Thoughts about sprint set + the earring for -30% after cast delay for rc? I'm unsure of how much aspd would be needed to remove the animation delay and if it's even possible to get that type of ASAP with a sprint set on. I would guess that the temp agi boots would be needed. Also with the sprint set I'd lose out on the lucky day proc which could lower the overall dps.

Am I better at just running the 2 earrings for -20% cast delay and getting the needed aspd via temp agi boots for animation delay? Was only a thought at the 30% after cast delay reduction because that would be fun haha.

Also leveling a regular sin/sinx sucks. I can't just go to thors or bio 3 like in classic. Any tips to speed this up or just bounty boards all the way?

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:33 AM

I will let the more experienced GX's comment on the RC part.

What I can say about that is that you want high FS enchants, 120 STR and, Temporal STR boots for the bonus, WaWak FAW FS16, Nab's FS14, High upgraded Thana katar +9-+12, +9-+12 Eddga Hat. Dark Pingu Mid gear, Hankie for low. The 120 STR and 120 AGI build seems to do very well for RC.

Anyway, on the leveling part, if you have a SinX already and is low level. Say 58-70. I would get Meteor Assault, get a high attach weapon (any high atk weapon really, daggers or sword, doesn't matter) and just mob the crap out of Sidewinders, using the BB boards and you will be level 75 in no time. Once you reach level 75 go to low TI and do the same there.

I popped a couple of manuals to speed up the process but they are not necessary.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

If you wish to spam RC at a higher rate, other than delay reduction, you also need higher than 190 aspd. Every 10% delay reduction equals to +1 aspd you can spam RC. 

No reduction= 190 aspd RC
10% = 191 aspd RC

20% = 192 aspd
30% = 193

And sprint set is not worth it

#4 LilCrazed

LilCrazed

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Server:Loki to Ymir to Chaos

Posted 14 March 2016 - 10:58 AM

I will let the more experienced GX's comment on the RC part.

What I can say about that is that you want high FS enchants, 120 STR and, Temporal STR boots for the bonus, WaWak FAW FS16, Nab's FS14, High upgraded Thana katar +9-+12, +9-+12 Eddga Hat. Dark Pingu Mid gear, Hankie for low. The 120 STR and 120 AGI build seems to do very well for RC.

At a certain point for a Pure RC GX you don't need FS enchant, granted FAW FS 16..
If you went Temp Agi Boots yeah sure you will need the FS enchant
But if you go Temp Str Boots, your RC attack will be higher if you went Atk%
So like Ash said... you want delay reduction to spam RC (AGI) or High Damage for RC (STR)

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:01 AM

you can have both actually, depends on your stats distribution and buffs

i'll elaborate more later, leaving to class right now

Edited by Ashuckel, 14 March 2016 - 11:01 AM.

#6 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 14 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

I guess my struggle is that I don't care about doing it the fastest or the most damaged per rc. I just want the highest dps. I do understand that it's different depending on the mob, so more or less looking to learn as much as I can about general things to shoot for.

Is the faw much better then HBP? I was looking forward to the greed lol.

Also thank you all for the responses so far, I appreciate it. Looking forward to after you class response as well :)

Edited by Undying, 14 March 2016 - 11:40 AM.

#7 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 02:04 PM

I'll calculate exact attack values between setup on another time, but its possible to reach 192 aspd while using 2x delay -10% earrings and 120 str, temp str etc, but require quite some buffs, is more of a mvping situation.

#8 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:38 AM

megs and kiels. but not with 8b budget ofc :v

120 STR + 120 AGI. +12 eddga, kiel mid, whatever in the bottom, high ATK% nab's cloth, 2x megs.

now i havent done the aspd math but try looking for 193 aspd for kiel, or just 190 aspd without kiel. without kiel, you won't need as much aspd so go for more damage. 120 on agi is to compensate aspd from wearing megs (no bako) so you'd need that boost from temporal agi and/or cenere card on your garment.

with 8b i think 120 STR and 100 AGI is enough. 2x bako, temp str (aspd enchant if you havent reach 190 yet, FS if you have), wakwak aspd faw (+12 with special agi final enchant if you can). with consumables, it should hit 190. rest of the gears are default but kiel on mid headgear can be replaced with Darklord essence force3 instead of dark pinguicula.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 03:24 AM

May you tell me the objective of this specific setup? Im down on the numbers now, so i'd like to know what you wanna do so i can card/gear it correctly

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:30 AM

ash is the host of "pimp my GX", weeknights on MTV

#11 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:58 AM

May you tell me the objective of this specific setup? Im down on the numbers now, so i'd like to know what you wanna do so i can card/gear it correctly

It's very general so it's probably not that helpful. My main objective is to level up, explore renewal, and do instances. More or less the rc builds seem viable to do all of the non woe content (unless I'm mistaken) so I figured I'd roll with rc gx because I enjoy solo play. So basically looking to obtain an all around good pvm build with rc gx. Classic is my main and this will be my vessel into exploring renewal content that we don't have.

I know it probably doesn't help too much, but that's my goal.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:01 AM

Alright, i have made simularions with about 6 different setups and situations, but i left my notes at work, will post then tomorrow coz i dont remember now wich one won :v
I made em to fit the 8b zeny you said you'll have, but wont actually use that much money :v

#13 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:10 PM

Alright, i have made simularions with about 6 different setups and situations, but i left my notes at work, will post then tomorrow coz i dont remember now wich one won :v
I made em to fit the 8b zeny you said you'll have, but wont actually use that much money :v

Your the best <3

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:22 PM

I made 2 again in class lol

Just regular pvm leveling/killing. I'll update stats/gears once i get off the shower, but in short, 20% delay reduc(192 aspd RC) wins over brute damage by a slight margin.

#15 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

I made 2 again in class lol

Just regular pvm leveling/killing. I'll update stats/gears once i get off the shower, but in short, 20% delay reduc(192 aspd RC) wins over brute damage by a slight margin.

I assume you're still in the shower.

#16 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:09 PM

men can only think when in the shower

#17 RomeroMelo

RomeroMelo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

193 aspd for rc only works if you have a kiel, right? without 190 is the highest rc rate?

#18 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 03:02 AM

I assume you're still in the shower.

More or less :v

20% delay reduc setup:

+12 White Drooping Eddga
BDM[clean]

------ (Possible Bloodsucker or whatever else)
Nab Cloth ATK8%[clean]
+12 Thanatos Katar[clean]

+9 HBP[Wakwak]

+12 Temporal STR Boots AD4/Whatever(i like BP :v)

Sarah earring 10% delay reduc

Sarah earring 10% delay reduc

+30 Physical Set

ATK 1% Mid

Rudra/AAW aspd1

~~ 

Brute damage setup

+9 FAW FS16[Wakwak]
FS7 on Temp STR instead of AD4
2x RWC Ring ATK6% STR3]Gold Scaraba]

rest is all the same

~~ 

120 str/100agi/90dex/90luk/90vit

EDP double click, Agi +20, Agi up 10, Celermine

damage per second wise, the reduced delay setup wins by a small margin, its like 1~3k more dps while not with eddga and 5~6k with the proc, HOWEVER, its retardedly hard to make a perfect delay reduction sarah earring, not to mention 2 of those lol

I'd suggest to go for the brute damage one, its also one that you can buy everything and not rely on rng to try to make the gears

#19 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:51 AM

So far for gears I bought or already had it looks like this...

+9 RWH/Vana (I have WDE, will +12 next enriched)

Polution blackframe glasses and s. BDM

Bloodsucker and spare card

+9 double malicious chakram FS9 and a +9 malicious thana katar for once I hit 120

Nabs Cloth (earth deleter) w/ +5% atk and FS 3  (should hold me over until I decide to buy a perfect one)

+9 wakwak FAW FS 16 and +9 wakwak HBP  (I do have plans on getting a DR HBP)

+7 Temp STR boots, LD/FS (will +12 next enriched event)

2x RWC rings with FS (If atk is much more important I'll switch them as soon as I can)

Physical set (not +30)

No aspd costume yet :(

Level 105 now and stats (base)

str: 100

agi: 60

Vit: 60

dex: 60

Any recommendations as to how to raise stats up or which gear to prioritize getting next?

Edited by Undying, 17 March 2016 - 07:52 AM.

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:00 AM

For stats, agi up to 90 , then vit to 90, a bit of dex/luk next if you lack hit rate, then 120 your str and put the rest of the points the way you wish.

As for gears, you have pretty much everything needed. Get what you come across, and yes, ATK% on the rings are much more benefitial for GX than FS

#21 tin0

tin0

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • LocationProntera South Crossing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

i have a problem with my GX.im 161, my stats are:

str 120

agi 90

vit 100 = im wrong in this i should put only 94

dex 90

luk 33

and my gears are +5turkey,pegasus ear wing,cd,nab cloth fs4 atk+6%,+9Hbp[1],variant shoes.rwc ring dex3 atk+5% rwc pendant and my weapon is +9 GX katar[1]

-i will buy +12 eddga, +9 temp str, GX katar is not good for RC type??

and this is my problem now my RC damage  is 4k, sorry for the noob damage, im just wondering why is my damage is like that because i didnt complete my gears yet or my stats are epic??  :p_sad:

Edited by tin0, 07 April 2016 - 10:19 AM.

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:22 AM

Edp

#23 tin0

tin0

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 830 posts
  • LocationProntera South Crossing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:23 AM

Edp

so you mean my RC damage is normal? not noob?

what i meant to my question earlier is that if i dont use EDP, i want to increase my RC damage without using EDP it is possible right?

Edited by tin0, 07 April 2016 - 10:27 AM.

#24 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:31 AM

Rc damage varies from 4>7k when not in edp, this depends on the target ofc.
And its a waste to not use edp, you dont use edp, save that money, but consumes more time that you could de getting more levels or gaining more money. Saving edp = losing potential money

#25 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:34 AM

GX should always be using EDP unless you are killing low level monsters or you have very good equips like +9 faw fs16 wakwak, +12 eddga, rings with Gold Scaraba, etc.

It comes down to, do you mind spending 30 seconds killing 1 mob without edp, or do you want to kill it In 5 seconds because u used edp?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users