What skills to max out first? New archer here. - Archer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What skills to max out first? New archer here.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:19 AM

Hey, guys.. my first character here and its an archer.

Any Skill leveling suggestion.

Do I max DS first or other skills?

Shall I do lv 10 Arrow Shower?

#2 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

I'd say go with Arrow Shower 10 first, then Owl's Eye.

I find DS the least useful skill in the archer skill tree, so I'd recommend putting it last.

#3 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

I'd say go with Arrow Shower 10 first, then Owl's Eye.

I find DS the least useful skill in the archer skill tree, so I'd recommend putting it last.

How come DS is least useful? Doesn't it do more damage for lower SP?

This is my first character and probably gonna do most stuff solo.

I don't have any flee equipment. I'm assuming Ashower is better if you have good flee and start pulling mobs instead of mostly 1 on 1 enemy leveling?

Does Arrow Shower have some hidden properties?

Thanks.

Edited by tubers, 16 March 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#4 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:40 PM

It does, yes, but DS is still just a single target skill. Arrow Shower is an aoe attack, plus it knocks the enemies back slightly. Not much, but it should help to reduce the damage you take while you mob.

If you take up arrow shower first, you can start using it to level faster. From lv 14, you can move to Ant Hell near Morroc where you can arrow shower the ant eggs. They're passive, spawn in groups and gives plenty of exp.

After ant hell, at lv ~34 you can level at the orc village. The map is pretty mobby, so leveling there with arrow shower should be pretty good.

#5 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:43 PM

I usually do DS first, arrow shower last, since mobbing is only good exp at higher levels compared to double strafing big targets like overlook monsters. That is VIP, though.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 March 2016 - 05:12 PM

It totally depends on your leveling method.
Arrow shower is for aoe killing while DS is for single target. Aoe is faster than single targer but killing 1 by 1 is safer. Both have good and bad sides

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:00 PM

if a monster has a lot of hp (considering the DPS on DS is wayyyy higher than AS's due to both lower dmg mod and the 1s delay), is too hard to mob and survive, or is too sparse to mob quickly, single target can be better.

#8 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, but as I mentioned, archers from lv 14 can arrow shower the ant eggs in ant hell, and they won't bite back (unless it accidentally hit one of the ants). So getting arrow shower first gives a better advantage, imo.

By the time you have to hunt high HP monsters, you should be able to get DS leveled already.

Edited by DeadIntern, 17 March 2016 - 06:34 PM.

#9 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

@anyone who dismisses AS leveling.

It works very well from levels 20~99.

Ant Eggs

Poison Spores

Orcs

Petites

Done.

Stats

60+ DEX

70+ VIT

30+ INT

Focus all 3 up evenly and then focus dex and vit. This will keep you ticking when mobbing.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 17 March 2016 - 07:15 PM.

#10 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:54 PM

I would actually go with

90 dex

70 int

30 agi

~10 vit

Farm aloe leaflets once you're lv 55. They can heal roughly 10-20% HP for 2nd class even with only 10 Vit.

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

And you can arrow shower>walk to bypass the forced animation, but takes a lot of practice

#12 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 12:04 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Sadly, I'm already a dex agi Hunter and at lvl 57.

I was under the assumption that agi is the way to go since I've just started and would like to save pots.. also, don't really have a permanent buddy/mate for support xD

BTW, is there a repeatable quest for Groves? I also can't find the Alligator quest giver.

I'm just gonna ask here.. what are the suggestion for Hunter Skill Progression for starters like me?

Do I max out beastbane and blitz?

Also, I didn't get a free Hunter's Bow even though I became at Hunter from a job lvl 50 archer.. was that a glitch?

#13 NaILza

NaILza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. Sadly, I'm already a dex agi Hunter and at lvl 57.

I was under the assumption that agi is the way to go since I've just started and would like to save pots.. also, don't really have a permanent buddy/mate for support xD

BTW, is there a repeatable quest for Groves? I also can't find the Alligator quest giver.

I'm just gonna ask here.. what are the suggestion for Hunter Skill Progression for starters like me?

Do I max out beastbane and blitz?

Also, I didn't get a free Hunter's Bow even though I became at Hunter from a job lvl 50 archer.. was that a glitch?

You can do grove bounty board quest at comodo It will give you abnormal high exp compare to other quest in same level and also repeatable

Skill build for hunter you can max everything other than trap that you will almost never use them

for hunter bow If npc didn't give you for free you just buy it at payon

#14 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:13 PM

max the remaining archer skill :D

#15 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

You can do grove bounty board quest at comodo It will give you abnormal high exp compare to other quest in same level and also repeatable

Skill build for hunter you can max everything other than trap that you will almost never use them

for hunter bow If npc didn't give you for free you just buy it at payon

Thanks. Seems expensive though xD 60K was it? Is it worth it compared to my eden bow 2?

Also, isn't Ankle Snare pretty good for soloing?

max the remaining archer skill :D

Thanks lol. Only 1 arrow shower left xD. I have no Arrow Charge QUest SKill xD

#16 NaILza

NaILza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

Thanks. Seems expensive though xD 60K was it? Is it worth it compared to my eden bow 2?

Also, isn't Ankle Snare pretty good for soloing?

Thanks lol. Only 1 arrow shower left xD. I have no Arrow Charge QUest SKill xD

test by myself Combo with Hunting arrow Hunter bow(+0 no slot no endow) do around 40-50% more damage than eden bow III( with atk& 2 race card enchantment and right element arrow(for monster u hunting)) so hunter bow is worth using

for hunting arrow you can buy it at Mora(but without complete hazy forest quest(I think it is wandering guardian quest for get personal free warp to mora) teleport cat may take much money from you and monster near mora is super strong for low-mid level player) or other player in prontera(3500 for 500 arrow)

use ankle snare to leveling is waste of time and zeny since you can kill most monster in 10-15 arrow

Edited by NaILza, 26 March 2016 - 12:40 AM.

#17 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:19 PM

test by myself Combo with Hunting arrow Hunter bow(+0 no slot no endow) do around 40-50% more damage than eden bow II( with atk& 2 race card enchantment and right element arrow(for monster u hunting)) so hunter bow is worth using

for hunting arrow you can buy it at Mora(but without complete hazy forest quest(I think it is wandering guardian quest for get personal free warp to mora) teleport cat may take much money from you and monster near mora is super strong for low-mid level player) or other player in prontera(3500 for 500 arrow)

use ankle snare to leveling is waste of time and zeny since you can kill most monster in 10-15 arrow

Thanks!

How were you able to get 3 enchantments for the Eden Bow 2?

I have the Eden Bow 3 now and a Hunter Bow. Will I also be able to enchant the Eden Bow 3?

Thanks. I bought some Hunting Arrow Quivers for 3.5K.

Btw, for a noob Hunter (rarely have enough pots, usually sitting down, no carded stuff, etc.), which do you think is better for soloing?

90/90+ AGI

90/90+ DEX

or

80/80+ AGI

60/60+ DEX

60/60+ LCK

?

#18 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:23 PM

After getting the Eden III Bow, there are quests at lv70, lv80 and lv90 that will allow you to enchant your weapon each time.  Ur handles them out and BK gives you the enchants.

Both AGI and DEX are nice to solo, DEX for your overall damage and AGI provides some FLEE and also helps with your Blitz Beat skill (your Falcon)

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Hunter

Check out the AGI/Crit build.  And since Hunter is just a tiny part of your RO journey, Eden gears and the Hunter Bow will suffice.

#19 NaILza

NaILza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:41 PM

Thanks!

How were you able to get 3 enchantments for the Eden Bow 2?

I have the Eden Bow 3 now and a Hunter Bow. Will I also be able to enchant the Eden Bow 3?

Thanks. I bought some Hunting Arrow Quivers for 3.5K.

Btw, for a noob Hunter (rarely have enough pots, usually sitting down, no carded stuff, etc.), which do you think is better for soloing?

90/90+ AGI

90/90+ DEX

or

80/80+ AGI

60/60+ DEX

60/60+ LCK

?

leveling hunter for me

agi 90+ when aspd is high enough real fun begin

Vit 30-40 some hp for TI alone by myself 

dex 50-60 my main damage is falcon so i don't put much point in dex when i still hunter(but if i have +9heroicbag I will get 90 dex and lower my vit&luk)

luk 75+ cri and falcon adn little PD

for pot you can use fresh fish it is reasonable recovery(i think 2-3 fresh fish = 1 white pot)  cheap(250/190with10dc buy it at comodo) and light(only2) so i usually carry 300-350 of fresh fish or you can hunt grove for stock your healing item

#20 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:46 PM

leveling hunter for me

agi 90+ when aspd is high enough real fun begin

Vit 30-40 some hp for TI alone by myself 

dex 50-60 my main damage is falcon so i don't put much point in dex when i still hunter(but if i have +9heroicbag I will get 90 dex and lower my vit&luk)

luk 75+ cri and falcon adn little PD

for pot you can use fresh fish it is reasonable recovery(i think 2-3 fresh fish = 1 white pot)  cheap(250/190with10dc buy it at comodo) and light(only2) so i usually carry 300-350 of fresh fish or you can hunt grove for stock your healing item

Thanks!

Ooohh.. nice to know. White pots are really expensive :(

Right now, I'm doing Sphinx but the Anubis is really annoying.

Btw, I can still stat reset via Mesmerist in Eden for free and unlimited times as long as I'm not a trans right?

Also, what's with 90 agi? do I get a bonus once I hit 90 agi?

Edited by tubers, 25 March 2016 - 07:48 PM.

#21 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:03 PM

not as long as you're not a trans

but as long as you're below base level 100

even 3rd classes can reset, as long as they're at base level 99

#22 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:55 PM

not as long as you're not a trans

but as long as you're below base level 100

even 3rd classes can reset, as long as they're at base level 99

Free and unlimited right via Eden's Mesmerist right?

I was thinking of trying to frequently switch stats.

If with a priest, probably mostly dex/agi.. if solo, perhaps agi/dex/lck.

Someone told me it's only once per character so I am quite confused.

Edited by tubers, 25 March 2016 - 09:56 PM.

#23 NaILza

NaILza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:39 AM

Thanks!

Ooohh.. nice to know. White pots are really expensive :(

Right now, I'm doing Sphinx but the Anubis is really annoying.

Btw, I can still stat reset via Mesmerist in Eden for free and unlimited times as long as I'm not a trans right?

Also, what's with 90 agi? do I get a bonus once I hit 90 agi?

You can stop rise your agi once your aspd is around 180-182 

for 90 agi may be this is because I used to have +9 bravely bag in my old day in TRO so when I want to rise some stat high I will rise it to at least 90 but normally at base agi around 80-85 you can have 180+ aspd(with self buff)

For leveling I recommend

40-60 Grove bounty board at comodo it  give abnormal high exp that can give you 2 lv at once

60-90 side wider aka black snake(for me) both bounty board and monster exp is abnormal high and It have abnormal drop rate for normal item that you can OC for your zeny but careful for overweight

90-99 I do eden group board, Hugel  bounty board(for farm eden merrit)and TI(Recommend 85+ as most party have Class3 lv100 in their party)

#24 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:20 AM

Free and unlimited right via Eden's Mesmerist right?

I was thinking of trying to frequently switch stats.

If with a priest, probably mostly dex/agi.. if solo, perhaps agi/dex/lck.

Someone told me it's only once per character so I am quite confused.

Don't use Mesmerist for trans class.

Mesmerist (at Chaos anyway) will only give 2 free stat/skill resets, and you may use him even at 3rd class.

For the free and unlimited version of skill reset (not stat reset, mind), use Hypnotist at Izlude or Prontera. This one you can do as often as you like, as long as you're lv 99 and below.

http://irowiki.org/w...lls#Skill_Reset

Edited by DeadIntern, 26 March 2016 - 02:21 AM.

#25 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:59 AM

You can stop rise your agi once your aspd is around 180-182 

for 90 agi may be this is because I used to have +9 bravely bag in my old day in TRO so when I want to rise some stat high I will rise it to at least 90 but normally at base agi around 80-85 you can have 180+ aspd(with self buff)

For leveling I recommend

40-60 Grove bounty board at comodo it  give abnormal high exp that can give you 2 lv at once

60-90 side wider aka black snake(for me) both bounty board and monster exp is abnormal high and It have abnormal drop rate for normal item that you can OC for your zeny but careful for overweight

90-99 I do eden group board, Hugel  bounty board(for farm eden merrit)and TI(Recommend 85+ as most party have Class3 lv100 in their party)

Thanks. I was also looking at Sidewinder but maybe he's too much for me? I hope it does give lots of exp and that the iRO wiki info isn't outdated.

Any strategies for hunting sidewinder? Any ideas what map would be safest? I have the poorest of gears:

Eden 3-4 Gear

+0 Hunter's Bow

Hunting Arrows

No accessories

Hehe. I tried lower TI when I was 73 and no one was talking to me. I was requesting to be joined in the party but no one replies... and I also realized that I was still in an old, inactive party and forgot to do a /leave :P

For the TI quest, might it be better for me to go high dex and no luck for Arrow Shower or is Auto Blitzer still good?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users