Vanil, Amistr, Sera, Dieter: Which base + homunculus S combination? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Vanil, Amistr, Sera, Dieter: Which base + homunculus S combination?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 07:09 PM

Hi. I need help choosing my main gene's homunculus. I'm planning to make it an MVP gene eventually. Currently, my choices are any combination of amistr or vanil + sera or dieter.

sera vs dieter
> I'm quite tempted to get sera for the pain killer if what most people are claiming is true. Is pain killer really a gamebreaking skill for PvM?
> Does PK really help in solo leveling to 150 or even 175? The reason i want to take it is seems to make leveling a breeze.
> Under what circumstances should i go for dieter over sera? (aside from having someone else to tank for me)
> Is it just survivability with pain killer vs additional damage from pyroclastic?

For the base, what's a good combination?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 18 March 2016 - 08:13 AM.

#2 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 March 2016 - 08:56 PM

HI

Sera vs Dieter is basically Offensive vs Defensive

> PK gives you a flat reduction (up to 1,000). Just think about the incoming damage (except for mvps) being often reduced to 1.

> Here, I think if you want a comfortable leveling experience, then PK is the way to go. Mobbing and tanking is much easier.

> High DPS. If you like seeing big numbers on your screen (some people like me are obsessed with that), killing everything faster, then you might want to consider Dieter over Sera. 200 ATK is a great boost.

> Yes. Both to the extreme.

In my opinion, base doesn't matter. I would say Amistr because you mentioned MVP genetic and Amistr has Bulwark and Bloodlust. Otherwise Vanil if you want to level your homun faster by casting random bolts (Caprice) or brewing purposes (Instruction change).

I have Dieter & Sera (both Vanil base). I am more active with Dieter but that's because I love high dps and I don't need PK to survive, I'm gear dependent 99% of the time. 

I suggest Amistr base + Your favorite Homun S

#3 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:18 PM

Remember that vani base will level up faster than amistr until you get homunc S AoE skills.

You get Sera's poison mist at lvl 116 and then PK at lvl 123 which means it'll take longer to level and you'll be waiting a while to be able to use PK. 

Dieter gets lava slide at 109 and pyro at 131 so you get an AoE faster but have to wait a lot longer to use pyro.

Like Rich, I prefer Amistr even though It takes forever to level.

Good luck!

#4 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 09:55 PM

Can the fire element endow from pyro be overwritten by other elements? In terms of ease of leveling for the homunc S, do they differ by a lot? 

#5 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:10 PM

In case of Acid Bomb It doesn't matter cuz AB is forced neutral. For cart cannon, use elemental cannons and they will overwrite the fire element from pyro.

Assuming both have different bases (vanil vs amistr), vanil based homun will level faster til they unlock their Homun S Aoe skill. For same base, then Dieter will be slightly faster but just because it gets Lava Slide at 109

compared to Sera Poison Mist at 116.

#6 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:20 AM

On their durability, i've read comments that vanil-> sera can also be tanky to some extent. Does their tankiness differ by a lot?

#7 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:58 AM

Not sure about the difference but I can tell you my Sera is not much of a tank. Homuns help you lure the mobs but they are not supposed to tank an mvp for you. Just get amistr/vanil base and choose whether you prefer more defense/attack. You can't go wrong. Ah I forgot to mention Dieter has 'Granitic armor'. It reduces any incoming damage by 10% while It is active but you lose 30% of your hp after. This 10% is nothing compared to Sera's PK in pvm scenario. But It can more interesting than a flat 1k reduction in woe/mvp.

#8 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 08:12 AM

I'm getting vanil -> sera for my brewer. is there any advantage for an amistr -> sera over a vanil -> sera? What's a ballpark value of how much pyroclastic increases acid bomb and cart cannon damage? 

Also, what's a good alternative for ant hell @ level 30~40 for afk-leveling?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users