• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

Hi I'm currently at 115/25 and having all these insects and demons in mid TI for the past month has been discouraging for me. I cant do the camo -> AS tactic which makes leveling easier and cheaper.

My stats are mostly agi dex and some luk and int (how do you post pictures here? :/ I'll post my stats) I have borrowed a +9 vana from a friend IRL and I'm thinking if i should reset my stats to vit - int - dex for faster cast and more hp. Will that give me more survivability in soloing mid TI? any other suggestions on where i can level? (preferably a map with no bug/demon mobs and somewhere with board quests)

Edited by mikkotinamide, 18 March 2016 - 08:39 AM.

#2 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

When I leveled up my character it was before I had camo. It was honestly very very easy. All your need to do in mid i is. But yourself 200 straws, 200 flywings, I used an elven bow with wws set.

The technique is, cast arrow storm, fly wing, repeat.

Make sure you use converters to improve your damage even further.

Let me know if this helped

#3 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:29 AM

That's what i'm doing actually. but some mobs have range attacks or skills and i'm too soft. also my dex is around 110 while my int is around 40. Even with sound amp, I find the casting too slow to do a quick AS and tele right before the I receive damage. 

#4 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

Go 120 dex, 60 int, 90 vit and u should be good. When u are 175 reset to agi if that is what u want.

#5 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:50 PM

Is pure AS build viable for leveling til 175? 

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:43 AM

Yes '-'

#7 zhero15

zhero15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationInside a singularity

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:07 AM

If Gramps giving you a hard time in TI, try leveling on the outside world. Try Nogg Road, Kobolds or Juperos. Or when tired of grinding, finish up some access quest, one-time, repeatable and main quest.

#8 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:49 AM

Is pure AS build viable for leveling til 175? 

can you think of a reason why it wouldn't be viable? like, have you been using any other skill than AS to grind? -.-

#9 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:52 AM

Sorry for not making my statement complete. I just thought rangers might be changing towards MVP builds leveling at higher levels since I dont think they can still one-shot mobs at higher levels like high TI. I dont know how things are when grinding at higher levels. I have yet to have a character at high TI or other equivalent leveling spots

and by viable i mean there's no better altenative. wrong choice of word i guess

Edited by mikkotinamide, 19 March 2016 - 08:24 AM.

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:10 AM

can you think of a reason why it wouldn't be viable? like, have you been using any other skill than AS to grind? -.-

lol

#11 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:50 PM

Sorry for not making my statement complete. I just thought rangers might be changing towards MVP builds leveling at higher levels since I dont think they can still one-shot mobs at higher levels like high TI. I dont know how things are when grinding at higher levels. I have yet to have a character at high TI or other equivalent leveling spots

and by viable i mean there's no better altenative. wrong choice of word i guess

Don't worry too much buddy. If you use a bow, and you have high Dex and low Str, you really cant go wrong that far.

Oh, you can also try checking out the ranger page on irowiki to find out some build samples.

irowiki.org/wiki/Ranger

Edited by DeadIntern, 19 March 2016 - 05:52 PM.

#12 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:51 PM

yes i've seen the wiki page lot of times I just want to hear from other rangers. My doubts on going vit-int-dex is because having high vit doesnt seem to help survivability as most claim. rangers dont have large hp pools and i'm thinking 90 agi is better than 90 vit as far as survivability is concerned. Here are my thoughts: people may argue flee doesnt help with a large mob but i think high flee makes a huge difference when kiting hoards of monsters. that one hit by one monster could be crucial when trying to reposition for camo -> AS 

Or am i just expecting too much? I really want to be able to solo mid TI with just leeching gears. Even if i can afford sp/hp items, I cant carry them all since rangers have limited weight capacity.

My base stats right now go like this:

str - 1
agi - 92

vit - 1

int - 40

dex - 109

luk - 55

and i'm just wearing +4 clean white wing set, +7 elven and a sound amp
basically, my dilemma is whether or not i should go for a reset and make it a vit int dex build.

#13 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:52 AM

just had my stat reset and I initially put 

int - 60

dex - 110

Is 1 agi and high vit a better build for pure AS? 

#14 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:10 PM

just had my stat reset and I initially put 

int - 60

dex - 110

Is 1 agi and high vit a better build for pure AS? 

Interested to know as well.

So far, I've only been in low TI. 

I haven't seen rangers auto attacking only Snipers and below.

I have 80 agi so far and only a Sniper and I only seem to dodge current low TI enemies about 60% of the time by rough estimation and my auto attacks don't do much damage.

Makes me think going 1 AGI, more INT and VIT instead would be better if I'm going to AStorm, DS, Shower most of the time in TIs and maybe 1 shotting some stuff outside TI.

I'm being shortsighted though as I haven't seen benefits of hybrids/autowargers compared to pure ASers past mid TI. 

People have told me that wargers and hybrids would be great at MVPs later on though.

#15 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:24 PM

I've put all remaining points into vit. Having 1 Agi is kinda difficult since even one monster can hitlock you. 

#16 tubers

tubers

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:06 PM

I've put all remaining points into vit. Having 1 Agi is kinda difficult since even one monster can hitlock you. 

In mid TI, do monsters even miss, something like 60% of the time, with 70-80 AGI? 

Aren't TIs also mobby and would make AGI less useful in regards to dodging?

I'm guessing the AGI is more for aspd when silenced but I'm a noob so it's all gonna be questions for a long while.

Damn. Wish someone lent me a ranger for mid TI so I can get a feel for myself LOL... and with only barebones, cheap gear (no Sound Amps, etc.)

#17 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:01 PM

i think i have 90 vit, 90 dex, 70 int, 70 agi on my 117 ranger, and its been quite successful so far

agi doesn't help much, but flee from 1-2 monsters help me catch up for counts.

i wouldn't recommend getting any stat above 90 on this level range, except for temporal boots.

Edited by 4853121207141913140, 22 April 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#18 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:09 PM

Before I had my stats reset, I had around 90+ agi and it's quite easier to run away from mobs. Now with 1 Agi, even 1 monster can keep me from running away - but not totally hit-lock tho. 

#19 aljon255

aljon255

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:17 AM

Hello guys. Can i ask bout my build currently i have 70int/50vit/114dex(going to 120). Lvl 115AS build.. I think its good(?). Lol i can do solo mid TI only using pirate folly i only go back when i ran out of fwings and arrows.
I got wws(porce card)
+7kingbird elven
Sound amp undercast(is this right?)lol
Can you check if this good till high TI?

#20 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:09 PM

Hello guys. Can i ask bout my build currently i have 70int/50vit/114dex(going to 120). Lvl 115AS build.. I think its good(?). Lol i can do solo mid TI only using pirate folly i only go back when i ran out of fwings and arrows.
I got wws(porce card)
+7kingbird elven
Sound amp undercast(is this right?)lol
Can you check if this good till high TI?

Well, you can survive. But I prefer to have some agi as well.

Your gears need to improve though. High TI mobs usually have 3x mid TI mobs HP. While you're not expected to 1 hit kill the mobs, you should at least be able to kill in 2 AS.

Refining your suit to +7 should do the trick.

Edited by DeadIntern, 12 April 2016 - 04:10 PM.

#21 aljon255

aljon255

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:59 AM

Well, you can survive. But I prefer to have some agi as well.

Your gears need to improve though. High TI mobs usually have 3x mid TI mobs HP. While you're not expected to 1 hit kill the mobs, you should at least be able to kill in 2 AS.

Refining your suit to +7 should do the trick.

#22 Thaikid

Thaikid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:32 AM

can easily level to 175 with AS build

Try scaraba dun 2 even though theyre insect with ww you out move them and can 1 shot with fire endow

once you hit 141 try for bio4, with vit and wind wws it will help you survive more

also nct is a good option at 150 if there is no bio pt. can camo and takes 2-3 AS to kill mob. 

gl hunting ^^

#23 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:24 AM

Where's a good place to solo at 117? (i'm guessing nogg 2 or mid TI but i cant solo there) Is it possible to survive without pots?

#24 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:46 AM

Where's a good place to solo at 117? (i'm guessing nogg 2 or mid TI but i cant solo there) Is it possible to survive without pots?

http://db.irowiki.or...ader=10#results

It's possible.

#25 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:07 PM

how? what's a possible gear set-up for that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users