8 replies to this topic

#1 LudovicusHuppert

LudovicusHuppert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:40 AM

Hi!

I spent sometime writing some more detailed stuff here before but then i misclicked and closed the tab, so whatever, i'mma go direct to the point.

Is a homunculus KSing other homunculus allowed?

As iRO wiki says:

• Players are responsible for the actions of their Homunculi. For example, if the Homunculus kill steals people, then the player is held accountable and may be punished accordingly.

It says "people", It doesn't mention other homunculus. I'm asking this 'cuz when i asked some ramdom gene to configure his AI to non-KS ('cuz it was KSing my homunculus-and also the monsters i was tanking-), he said exactly this:

Him: "go look it up on forums lol"

Him: "hom can ks other hom"

Him: "your hom isn't an actual character, so it can't complain for losing"

Him: "exp to another non-human character"

He also gave some other ramdom reasons that aren't really reasons for KSing at all. (as helping stuck mobbed homus? o.O)

Well, i tried to search on forums in english(here) and in my mother language, i searched on iRO wiki, and also on the knowledge base, and i didn't find much about it, or anything at all (maybe i'm just bad at searching).

Well, if you guys can help me: Do you guys know something about it, is it allowed to homunculus KS other homunculus? Are you sure about what you are saying? And do you have any link to other discussion that may clarify my mind about this (if there are any)?

#2 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

Well "kill steal" comes from the fact that you are stealing the exp away from another player.

So since homunculus give us exp for kills then basically they are like a skill our alchemists are using.

So technically it would be ksing,

Its just such a grey area.

#3 HasumiJaredLan

HasumiJaredLan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSE Asia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:45 PM

It is a too late to reply, but to serve as reference to other too.

Just a little thought. KS is KS, no matter how a player does it. As far as i understand it, KS is stealing a kill, more specifically an experience, from other player. If you attacked a monster first, you have the right to kill that monster, and get the whole exp for yourself. Unless it is free for all or it changed attacked and there is a risk for the other player to lose exp.

there is one place i know where Homuns are accepted by many to KS: low TI arrival point (dont know what word to use). Regarding TI, it is an exception, made only by low TIers. If people will complain about HomunParty, the HomunParty can always move to a different place and leave the arrival point vulnerable to mobs. Actually good for HomunParty as they will get counts faster.

In other places, KSing homuns are no allowed.

Regarding homuns, i consider homuns as my pet, and my buddy, my tank, my leech-er, my buffer. But homun is still a form of skill. It is not different from provoke or MS for tanking, and attack skills for killing, like bolts and the wonderful third jobs' aoes.

A homun KSing a homuns, for me, is a KS, like bolts in which the faster bolts win even though the slower one casted first.

You can always get a video (better and what is really required) or screen shots (i still go for videos ahaha) and try filing a ticket. If is KS, the KS must get was he must. If not, you will be informed, and work you homun to 150 and get revenge (just kidding ahaha)

#4 Hikalu

Hikalu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDunno Where am i
  • Server:Huh, Is this RO??

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:14 PM

AFAIK, yeah its not allowed to KS, if their homuns are KSing that mean they did that with their own will... because Azzy Ai default setting is Anti-KS.. you can warn them or you can report them through the Warp portal ticket..

Actually for some reason it has different rule when you're lvling ur homun on Orc dungeon lvl 2. Orc dungen lvl 2 is cruel area. if you're not set the AI to KS you'll got nothing there... Kill or be Killed.. KS or be KSed..

thats my experience while i level my homun on there...well, you only have to be patient or make another spot to level your homun on there.. i suggest to bring ur friends or dualing on ther. if someone try to take ur spot you can PM them to move away.. if they dont want u can report it as an Offense things..
^^;;

Edited by Hikalu, 31 March 2016 - 02:18 PM.

#5 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 March 2016 - 02:24 PM

Its just me that the stealth is bothering? '-'

#6 LudovicusHuppert

LudovicusHuppert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:53 AM

@HasumiJaredLan, i understand about the entrace of TI. My problems are with ppl on OD2 and AntEggs, they sometimes come up with the most ramdom reasons to be KSing, and some of them even insist on KSing even after i ask them to stop.

The dude that made me make this post for example, he was even trying to convice me to configure my AI to KS too, with similar thoughts as @Hikalu. He was saying that it is "necessary", and that it will make "a difference" with time.-> I don't think so.

@Hikalu, i have 2 genes, one with lv150 Sera and other with lv140 sera by now. For both of them, from lv116, since when it got the AoE, i don't even configure it to atk, i set to react to Archers(high),orcskels(mid),zenorcs(low),and default(mid)->for furious one, and ignore chonchon and drainliar. It just do it well, it doesn't even "misKS" other homuns when they both atked the same monster at same time anymore, it just atks when my char or it gets atked.

It's just so irritating when i keep there in my peaceful leveling, and some ramdom shows up with their KSmode-on. If i send a ticket about every of them, it would take long, and i bet it would appear more of those sad mindeds with time. Couldn't the AIs just remove the KS option? gosh.

Ty for your time answering this. 

#7 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:37 AM

Go level somewhere else is probably my best advice if you want to keep your integrity and not KSing. Good luck sending in those reports. Orc dungeon level 2 / Ant Nests are KS festival. I can't even level my sword man there it's crazy. 

Only if you BB / DB works there like east payon though  :gg:

#8 SuperSneeze

SuperSneeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Server:renewal-chaos

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:55 PM

what about if you found a spot in OD2 and was leveling you homun with no AOE and someone with an AOE homun S just stand next to you killing everything so you have to move? it's so annoying :wall:

#9 fIower

fIower

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:27 PM

Can we get a definite reply on this from the GMs? Is it considered KS-ing or not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users