• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 PatPatPat1009

PatPatPat1009

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:04 AM

Hi guys, just turned RG the other day. Currently I'm leveling at stapo using hellfire but now it's getting slower. I'm currently level 101/13 and an agi build. Got level 3 overbrand. I just want to have an idea as to what starting equips should I buy to continue leveling solo? I'm still stuck w/ eden equips and got 25m to spend. I tried to search thru this forum section but all i'm seeing are items that worth hundreds of millions. If you can at least send me a link if I miss on some posts then that will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

#2 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 March 2016 - 08:16 AM

Hey Welcome!

Puh.... 25m is really low. You should spend some days farming Zeny.

Weapon: Long Horn and Hunting Spear  (1-2m for both)
Armor: Eden Group Armor IV should be fine for now. If you are lucky, you can get a Peco Card and a Orlean Gown pretty cheap. You should invest in the Or. Gown first because Overbrand can get Interupted.

Shoes: Vital Tree Shoes, Fricco Shoes or Vidar Boots. You can use your Eden Shoes for now though.

Shield: Platinum Shield, Cross or Rosa Shield (later for Shield Spell 1)
Accessories: 2x Vesper Core 3 or 4 (or a mix of both)

Somehow my Ragial doesnt work good today thats why I couldnt look for every Item up for you. Should be about 25-35m, depending on the prices of O.Gown and Peco Card. ( I am not really into the prices of this EQ parts anymore).

#3 RebrandXX

RebrandXX

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:21 PM

Isn't that longhorn only good for undead monsters? Sorry i'm new as well.

Edited by RebrandXX, 19 March 2016 - 02:24 PM.

#4 PatPatPat1009

PatPatPat1009

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for the tips! At least now I got some items to buy. :) btw, how do you manage your sp? I've got no int currently and I need 3 level 5 overbrand right now to kill magmarings using my eden spear.

#5 480131019225050943

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:17 PM

You need to have some sp leeching gears which are expensive/more then your budget. Stick to strawberries for now or green ale since its on event now

#6 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:44 PM

Long Horn is for everything weak to holy, like Shadow and Undead Elements or Undead Race.

Suggesting Long Horn so he can grind in Magma Dungeon 2 if no TI.

About the SP problem. Currently, HP/SP leeching gears are out of your price class.
Only thing you might consider is getting a Earth Deleter Card in an Orleans Gown for crowded places like Magma 2 or Juperos.

#7 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:06 AM

Or alternatively, build a GC RG so you can dont need to invest in that weapon, GC is very good against things weak to holy too huehuehue..

#8 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:22 AM

Too costy for him. He aint even having nuff gears so cosumables and HP/SP regain stuff will be a no no for now.  Dont suggest him to level with GC.

#9 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:13 PM

So im planning to create rg, still crusader atm. Im using GC build, but im having hard time to maintain that skill, most of cases i got killed by it and its damage when fighting normal is just ughh, anyone can help me , i want to know whre i can lvl mine, so far im lvl 83 trying to go mobbing dark priest

#10 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:06 AM

Super late response but ditch the GC build, I level to 99 using HC. It's so cheap it's practically free and you can hit 99 with a couple BMs in maybe half a day.

#11 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:23 PM

Super late reply, thanks a lot for that advice, now im RG, however because this is my first time playing i stilld problem
so here i will ask more questions. For lvling purpose Overbrand is not cheap skill to me and you need lot of job lvs to get it ( thats because i got lv 3 exceedbreak )
For new RG like me,
Is there good aoe to help lvl myself before unlocking OB,? Im poking mobs one by one so slow
Is it worth to max moonslasher ?
Also which one is better cannon spear or OB ?

Edited by Silvianna, 31 March 2016 - 04:28 PM.

#12 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

Why Exceed Break... You aint need that as pre req. and you do not need it for Low Level / still leveling RG. You really Throwed away your JLvls :/

Cannon Spear is strong, IF you got a highly upgraded, double EA enchanted and pref. a AS Carded Imperial Spear. And you need hell of a lot STR on top + you need to practice the right positioning which is harder then Overbrand positioning.

Moonslasher gets buffed by skilling Overbrand, on your level that skill alone aint enough to kill even on level 5. Its interuptable and the delay will kill you before you get your mob killed. You need a second AoE to Assist you.

Okay, here is my tip for all lowlevel RGs, which want to level fast till getting OB unlocked. You need to have a Alchemist class Alt or friend for that though. I did that on almost all my RGs (and I had 7...).

First, Invest in a Imperial Shield or a Giant Shield. Card it for your needs. (Khali. or Petit for Mag2, hodremlin for general purposes, 25%Size card a.o.). For Mag.2 (which is freaking fast next to TI), Invest in a Cheap Long Horn and Santa Poring Card.

Now... do not get straight to Overbrand, but take the Shield route till Shield Spell 1 then max. Earth Drive. Look in your Kafra Storage, if you have any Hunterfly Carded 1 Hand Weapon a Royal Guard can also use. (Triple RTE HF or something like that) dont bother if it is Fire RTE, ED is forced Earth element. - Mag2. example: Let ur Alchemist Class in front of the dungeon on El Mes Plateau or in front of Mag. 2 entrance Portal. Synt.Shield or FCP your RG, SS 1 then Mob Magnum Break > Earth Drive. Most likely you will 1 shot everything. If you wont 1 Shot the Nightmare Terrors, dont bother. Just stick to Fly Wing in mobs > ED till you get your Job up and get Moonslasher. Even level one will get the Job done with.the Hallowed Long Horn. Moon Slasher > ED Combo. Go now straight for the Overbrand route. With 2x EXP Event and some Battle Manuals I.got to 130 in like 6-7 hours. HP/SP Leech works.with.both.

Hope this helps you guys out for those having problems leveling or with OB/CS positioning. Mag.2 is also a great place later to practice positioning of those skills.
Dont forget Phen ACC or.Orlean Gown!

#13 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:13 PM

nooooooooooooo what i did to my rg  :p_sick:  :sob:

i also added trample lol  T_T

if i know Earth Drive will do the job, i wont waste my jlvl in vanishing point and eb 

it says

(6 x Shield Weight)%

so with Strong Shield basically i've aoe 7x7 with 1250% atk mod ? lol should i reset with neu ( i used all from mesmerist )

#14 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

Or you could just pull/tank/leech in TI for those job levels :v

Also, you don't have to solely use either Cannon Spear or Overbrand, you can use both. Pull the mobs into a line, Cannon Spear, then close in to Overbrand them to death. It's not necessary but it helps with some extra damage and it's also a lot more fun using two skills than just spamming one over and over.

#15 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:48 AM

Yes, Strong Shield will do the Job also. Be careful with the elemental disadvantage with it, but in Mag 2 this aint really a problem + the Anti Knockback is awesome to have there!

#16 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:47 PM

thanksss, umm then should i go to inspiration route or prestige +

is high refined Brocca good for Overbrand ?

as far as i know imperial spear is suitable for ranged skills like vp and cannon s ? what about overbrand?

#17 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:12 AM

Shield Spell 1 > Earth Drive 4 or 5 > Overbrand > Prestige.
Before getting or right after getting Prestige, you could think of getting Shield Spell 2 (Magnificat) or Shield Spell 3 (Super Heal based on.your Shield refine :D). Should be optional though, you do not need it badly but can help out with supplies and recovery rates. Then I would get Force of Vanguard also. Rest is up to you (Like Vanishing Point 10 for single Targets or MVPing)

After Shield Spell, you do not need to go the most right Skill route anymore till Inspiration. You dont need it.
For leveling its also bad cause it eats up your EXP. With all those new Gears around, you can MVP decently even without Inspiration.

If you have a good refined (Maybe even FS enchanted) Brocca, sure, use it. Damage wise are Hunting Spears with 20% race cards better in most cases (can also get FS enchanted). But if you already have one or can lend one, then it is good as an all purpose weapon.

Imperial Spear:
If you already know that you will use VP a lot or even MVP with it, then you can get one and use it for Overbrand also with slightly less damage then Hunting Spears (Except vs. Brute monsters cause of the Def Pierce)

Edited by RaohSung, 02 April 2016 - 04:15 AM.

#18 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

Is the sphere ( rage counter ) from vanguard force work same like sura's spirit sphere ? Like adding 5 atk per sphere, umm if not whats the reason or benefit to get it ?

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:43 PM

Is the sphere ( rage counter ) from vanguard force work same like sura's spirit sphere ? Like adding 5 atk per sphere, umm if not whats the reason or benefit to get it ?

To use Burst Attack

#20 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

I don't even bother with Burst Attack, it's super lame. Just pop VF for the 15% HP boost and ignore the rage counters. For leveling Earth Drive deals enough damage to solo in Nogg Road, especially since OB's knockback is a little annoying at first when you're not used to it. Maybe carry a few shields in case one of them breaks from ED (none of my shields have ever broken and I wasn't using Sacred Mission so iunno :V). I've never tried leveling with ED cuz I love Cannon Spear too much but I do know that it does the job well enough in the early days of a RG.

#21 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:15 AM

right. Dont use Burst Attack... ever....

#22 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:32 AM

there's this RG in thor 1 shotted a guy with Burst attack  :p_laugh:

#23 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:21 AM

np with tao, overupped G.Spear and low HP. It is still a bad skill you can not rely on.

#24 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

Why even bother with Burst Attack when Exceed Break trumps it without needing to be almost dead and carry a horrible cast delay.

#25 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 09 April 2016 - 12:09 AM

Supaaaa letttooo, thanks for the awesome replies 

is canon spear viable for low lvls? if so, should i go for 120 str ? can you optimize the skill even w/o megs ?

saw the vids from chakri and seishiro but both of them are megs user  :wah:

atm im lvl 122

because your advice, i can lvl fast :p_hi:

so far i able to hit around 37k-26k-( and 26k if knockback) with overbrand on Remover in midTI :p_love:   :thx:

Edited by Silvianna, 09 April 2016 - 12:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users