[Bug]-Fix crash bug for newcomers - Tech Support & Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Bug]-Fix crash bug for newcomers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ninecloud

ninecloud

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 05:40 AM

Yesterday, Metal Assault was released on steam and there's been an influx of new players. They left a large number or negative reviews that could've been positive if the deserter bug was address along with ping. This is mission critical and needs to be addressed ASAP. thanks

Edited by ninecloud, 19 March 2016 - 05:41 AM.

#2 Mrbainks

Mrbainks

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:36 AM

yea they rushed it 2 steam without fixing the lag and crash bug seriously questioning why cause theyre gonna lose alot of players.

#3 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:28 PM

Latency isn't server performance related. The game servers aren't breaking a sweat with the players we have, however being DDoS'd will. Also something out of our control, but we can mitigate it considerably. Short of a complete block-out, our firewall filters out network traffic that it recognizes as unfriendly. How that's setup is beyond me, but as its' been explained to me, it helps with keeping our game servers up and serviceable, without being overloaded from the attack.

Unfortunately, it can also have negative effects on game play as some traffic may spill in to being recognized as unwanted, and be prevented from reaching the game server or your client being responded to. In either case, we've made adjustments and from the feedback we've gotten since, things feel much better.

As for the bug, it has been sent to the developers and they're working on it. It took a while to get the details that they needed, in order to properly determine what to do. We're hoping it can be addressed soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users