• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Burakki

Burakki

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

Is there less lag in Ymir than Valkyrie due to the bots and amount of people?
I'm considering paying to play on Ymir if I don't lag every 30 seconds like I do on Valkyrie. I think the lag is caused by those things, since my internet doesnt suck that badly and my computer runs other games fine :l

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

Ymir is less laggy than valk, but not by much (unless you count zeny-spammer lag, which is client side, due to the boneheaded and ineffective chat filter).

Many users are experiencing lag right now due to traffic between RO's ISP and other ISPs getting routed through lousy servers. While lagging, take tracerts (follow instructions in the faq, search for tracert) and send ones with ugly stuff (large numbers or sporadic packet loss) to the GMs through a support ticket.

#3 Burakki

Burakki

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:50 PM

Ymir is less laggy than valk, but not by much (unless you count zeny-spammer lag, which is client side, due to the boneheaded and ineffective chat filter).

Many users are experiencing lag right now due to traffic between RO's ISP and other ISPs getting routed through lousy servers. While lagging, take tracerts (follow instructions in the faq, search for tracert) and send ones with ugly stuff (large numbers or sporadic packet loss) to the GMs through a support ticket.

Uhh does clicking to go somewhere and taking around 10 seconds for your character to respond count as lag? I only get it at certain times on Valkyrie. Are there zeny spammers on Ymir too?

Edited by Burakki, 04 August 2010 - 05:51 PM.

#4 JohnBunny

JohnBunny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:52 PM

Ymir is 100% zeny spam free :rolleyes:

#5 Burakki

Burakki

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:08 AM

Ymir is 100% zeny spam free :(

Whoa, that's really nice :rolleyes:

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:46 AM

Uhh does clicking to go somewhere and taking around 10 seconds for your character to respond count as lag? I only get it at certain times on Valkyrie. Are there zeny spammers on Ymir too?

You should not experience that on Ymir - but i didn't think valk was that bad either!

During those 10 seconds, does your mouse move normally, or does it lag too? What are those "certain times"?
If it's around zeny spammers and your mouse lags, that's expected (zenyspam choking your client). If it's on lightly populated maps that is not expected. Valk always felt laggier, but 10 second lag spikes are not the norm there, and if you're getting them, i'd reccomend you try to take a tracert _during_ a lag spike.

#7 Burakki

Burakki

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:05 AM

You should not experience that on Ymir - but i didn't think valk was that bad either!

During those 10 seconds, does your mouse move normally, or does it lag too? What are those "certain times"?
If it's around zeny spammers and your mouse lags, that's expected (zenyspam choking your client). If it's on lightly populated maps that is not expected. Valk always felt laggier, but 10 second lag spikes are not the norm there, and if you're getting them, i'd reccomend you try to take a tracert _during_ a lag spike.

my mouse moves normally, there's more lag in and around prontera than anywhere else for me :D I'll try taking a tracert

#8 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:55 AM

im not so sure if its the server or the user's computer....i recently brought a new computer.. and it lag less compare to my previous one...lol

#9 shamash

shamash

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

I`ve played RO in many other coputers and the lagg is diferent from one to another, in some I completely froze with the spammers and in others I have the chance to
reject their whispers or just keep walking like nothing really happened.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:12 AM

Lag from zeny spammers is 100% local machine lag - the client uses an incredibly crude algorithm to check each and every spam message against a >1000 line list of blocked words, mostly words like

illegalzenysite
illegalzenysit e
illegalzenysi te
illegalzenysi t e

and so on (you can see how good a job it does at blocking spam, right?). The list of blocked words, manner.txt in data.grf (fdata.grf for valk) never shrinks, it just gets longer and longer as they add more useless misspellings of the names of zeny sites to it, achieving nothing other than lagging the client more. The filter worked fine for blocking swears, but it's a horrible horrible way to block zeny spammers, and it doesn't work, but the GMs have failed to do anything about it.

The correct course of action for them is to simply take all the mangled-spellings of zeny sites off the list, because all it's doing is lagging legit players. People have been saying this for over a year though, so i doubt it's gonna happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users