• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 FireoftheHeart

FireoftheHeart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:55 PM

I'm looking to eventually build a RG that is designed to reflect back as much damage as possible at the attackers. I've noticed there a few cards (frus, maya) and shield (orlean's) and the valk manteau. Can someone tell me what they think would be the best gear setup for this would be for overall survivability/viability? This is intended to be somewhat of a playful/trick build, so I don't care about soloing MVP's or anything, but I wouldn't mind being a bit tanky (more so against large groups of mobs than MVPs).

#2 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:25 PM

if im not mistaken it got nerfed pretty bad and not as good as it used to be =/ because it eats way too much SP but iono=/ if u want though

thorny buckler+bison horn gives 5% reflect

Orc lord card(prolly really expensive) but give 30% reflect dmg

high orc gives 5%

Blood knight card 

• Adds a 2% chance of using [Meteor Storm] Lv 1 on the target when doing a physical attack.
  • could help
  • gazeti card(accessory) 
  • alot of vit and int? i dunno just mho

Edited by BoyAtlas, 20 March 2016 - 02:37 PM.

#3 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:51 PM

<>

VModCinnamon:

Don't link to illegal servers videos please.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 20 March 2016 - 03:56 PM.
Removed Youtube Link.

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

reflect magic =/= reflect physical, so if you are looking to maximize your shield reflect amount, you need to discard maya frus and orlean server

#5 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:51 PM

Not sure if  this build is even good. I mean Reflect damage is horribad :/

I've never ever lvl'ed with reflect build in my life, but these gears are from the top of my head lol

Weapon: Moonlight dagger
Shield: Thorny buckler (with high orc)
Garment: +10 (or +9) Valkyrian manteau

Accessory: Bison Horn and Ring of flame lord

#6 FireoftheHeart

FireoftheHeart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:47 AM

Is the vast majority of the damage in-game physical damage? So is it simply more worthwhile to focus on maxing physical damage reflect and letting someone else focus more on the magic side until I can afford the magic reflect equips later? Also, is a reflect build at least good at damage mitigation? I mean, if a person isn't getting hit by 75% of the attacks or so, I would figure it would make a difference.

And by as much damage as possible reflected back at the enemy, I mean highest percentage of me reflecting back ANY amount of damage. If I can increase that damage, all the better, but I'd rather be a sheet of rubber laughing as the bullets bounce off of me.

​Also, what about thorny buckler with two bison horns equipped? Would that give me a total of 10% damage reflected instead of just 5%?

Edited by FireoftheHeart, 25 March 2016 - 05:04 AM.

#7 Astral03

Astral03

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

there is 2 type of reflect build which is physical melee reflect and magical reflect.

for physical reflect

orc lord 30% 

+10 valkyrie manteau 25% but +7 VM is enough

thorny shield + buffalo horn 5%

high orc 5%

+10 naga shield 10% or 15% not sure

reflect shield ofc 40%

for single magic reflect 

Maya card 50%

orleans plate 5%

cat o nine tails 5%

for overall magic reflect

platinum shield

Edited by Astral03, 29 March 2016 - 01:56 PM.

#8 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:30 PM

+9 magic reflector > orlean's server
also put frus card on +10 armor

Edited by fuyukikun, 29 March 2016 - 10:31 PM.

#9 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:32 PM

Magic Reflect is 90% of time useless in PVM cause monsters casting it are also immune or near immune to it.

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:40 PM

i only use my maya shield on KK TI, elder TI and woe. other than that it is useless coz usually just like Raohsung said: fire monster uses fire magic, you reflected the fire magic and it doesnt harm the caster. and it cant reflect aoe magic, a big no no. relying on aoe magic reflect platinum shield effect to proc is just so ineffective.

#11 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:16 AM

Here is my setup:

Be careful with BK cards. If you have level advantage your meteor will stun your mob and kill your reflect damage output.

Accessories could be better, either imp / siroma would be an improvement. Bris would also be a good option.

If you are using a Moonlight Dagger and going for physical reflect only, using a Kasa carded Valk mant will keep your SP maxed out. So you can use any Kaahi level you want.

Of course, with physical reflect builds you want to take as much damage as possible without taking more than Kaahi heals you. So Strong Shield is clearly the best shield choice. If you can put an Alice card in it and still survive that is the best way to go. If not, High Orc will do. 

Edited by Scuba, 04 April 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#12 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

why you use CD and ele sword?

#13 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:21 AM

For more bolts and higher damage.Could use RWC dagger as well. I just like the bonus effect from ele sword.

Also, whatever you do, don't use RoR. You don't want to quag your mob and make them hit you slower.

Edited by Scuba, 04 April 2016 - 10:30 AM.

#14 Astral03

Astral03

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:07 AM

i only use my maya shield on KK TI, elder TI and woe. other than that it is useless coz usually just like Raohsung said: fire monster uses fire magic, you reflected the fire magic and it doesnt harm the caster. and it cant reflect aoe magic, a big no no. relying on aoe magic reflect platinum shield effect to proc is just so ineffective.

hmm are you sure about this and did you test it? this is the effect of platinum shield http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2122/ which is 15% chance of casting magic mirror lvl 7 and this is the effect of magic mirror http://irowiki.org/w...NPC_MAGICMIRROR   which is inlcuding AOE magic attack  :no1:

Edited by Astral03, 10 April 2016 - 08:08 AM.

#15 scraps345

scraps345

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:iRO : Chaos

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

Magic Reflect is 90% of time useless in PVM cause monsters casting it are also immune or near immune to it.

Who uses magic reflect to inflict damage? it's mostly used to avoid damage. JT, Earthquake, Waterballs etc...

It's also nice to activate Runaway Magic.

(pvm wise)

Edited by scraps345, 01 May 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:57 PM

hmm are you sure about this and did you test it? this is the effect of platinum shield http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2122/ which is 15% chance of casting magic mirror lvl 7 and this is the effect of magic mirror http://irowiki.org/w...NPC_MAGICMIRROR   which is inlcuding AOE magic attack  :no1:

yep, it is true. i did mention about reflecting aoe magic

#17 EvilGeniusPH

EvilGeniusPH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:26 AM

Here is my setup:

Be careful with BK cards. If you have level advantage your meteor will stun your mob and kill your reflect damage output.

Accessories could be better, either imp / siroma would be an improvement. Bris would also be a good option.

If you are using a Moonlight Dagger and going for physical reflect only, using a Kasa carded Valk mant will keep your SP maxed out. So you can use any Kaahi level you want.

Of course, with physical reflect builds you want to take as much damage as possible without taking more than Kaahi heals you. So Strong Shield is clearly the best shield choice. If you can put an Alice card in it and still survive that is the best way to go. If not, High Orc will do. 

is this also effective in WOE TE?

#18 pandapants

pandapants

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2016 - 11:46 AM

I afk leveled to 99/70 on my paladin, but never tried past that. I used cheaper equips but what I would have liked

Upper: Chibi Pope [Arc Angeling] (With blush + AA) or Easter Egg Shell (Budget)

Mid: 3D Glasses or Blush [Arc Angeling] (With Chibi Pope)

Lower: CD in Mouth

Garment: +9 Valkyrian Manteau [Deviling Card] or +9 Fallen Angel Wing [Deviling Card] (If you have Orc Lord Card) w/ Matk enchants

Armor: Life Link Vit+3 [Orc Lord] or [Wooden Golem] (Budget) or [Loli Ruri](If it doesn't interfere with RoR Heal)

Shoes: Enhanced Variant Shoes [Dark Lord] or [Boss Egnigem] or [Zombie Card](Budget)

Acc1: Advanced RoFL

Acc2: Advanced RoR

Weapon: +9 Elemental Sword [Bloody Knight, Hatii bebe card, ??] or [3x 10% magic damage vs race card]

Shield: +9 Immune Shield (Hodremlin card for all around use, but there are better options)

Stat Build: 

With AA Card

Vit 90

Int 75

Luk 77

Without

Str 25

Vit 99

Int 99

But this is an AFK build, not really a reflect build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users