Item Mall Updated! Weapons, Costume and Bundles, oh my! - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Item Mall Updated! Weapons, Costume and Bundles, oh my!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:46 PM

While it took some time to get out, finally there's more to the Item Mall to look at!

Two new packages, to help you get started!

Take a look in and see what you can get to help your missions be a cake walk!

Monthly package.(1,000 IM Points)

• (1) (30 Day) Quartermaster’s Secret Books (30% gold increase)
  • (1) (30 Day) Ladder Speed Booster
  • (1) (30 Day) Improved Hand Grenade (Unlimited Use)

Guild Package (1,000 IM Points)

• (1) Company Upgrade
  • (1) License for Company Logo
  • (1) Company Storage License.

While we finish cataloging all the weapons, we've come across a few we felt would help add some spice to life.
So to start, we're releasing these 7 Day guns for use.

a.Beretta M92 - [Pistol] 7 Day, 150 IM Points

• One of the most popular handguns in the world. Its cartridge can carry 13 bullets, which helps the user to be the last one standing.

S590 - [Shotgun] 7 Day, 150 IM Points

• This gun has such superior aim and accuracy that by the time you see it, you're usually already dead.

a.M4 - [Rifle] 7 Day, 150 IM Points

• Rifle that is perfect for novice users.

Dragon SR - [Sniper] 7 Day, 150 IM Points

• This sniper rifle, an icon of revolution, has an excellent rate of fire, so it does well in short-distance battles.

a.AT-4_MK2 - [Rocket Launcher] 7 Day, 150 IM Points

• The improved version of Ramrock RL-4. It has increased magazine size and accuracy.

Flambe-2K - [Flamethrower] 7 Day, 150 IM Points

• If you like your enemies the way you like your bacon, extra crispy, this is the weapon for you!

And last but not least, these skin sets made the cut and we're pleased to release them in to the wild.

GTAC Bundle (15 Day) 600 IM Points

31378.jpg

Operator Bundle (15 Day) 600 IM Points

31386.jpg

Hug-a-bear Bundle (15 Day) 600 IM Points

31430.jpg

#2 Shoyz

Shoyz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:26 PM

Liking the guild package, and while I don't like temp stuff the guns are cheap enough to tempt.

But $6 for a two week outfit sucks. There goes the hopes for a $20-30 perma, say hello to RNG boxes. 

#3 Vesia

Vesia

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:41 AM

Liking the guild package, and while I don't like temp stuff the guns are cheap enough to tempt.

But $6 for a two week outfit sucks. There goes the hopes for a $20-30 perma, say hello to RNG boxes. 

Yeah, I'm still holding out until the perms show up. It's their first attempt with the item mall, so I understand they just want to test some new ideas.

Oh here's an idea. If you take away the stats from the costumes, and make them a purely cosmetic/vanity items, maybe that will balance things out? That way we can support the game without any game imbalance?

I remember back in the day when Aeria games was running Metal Assault, they gave the "terrorist set" (I think that was the name) a distinct pvp advantage (I forget what it was exactly). Suddenly all the other costumes became obsolete, since their set bonuses were so much weaker. I think Aeria really shot themselves in the foot with that one.

Anyway, thanks for the update Warpportal. Hope to see more costumes out soon. Still waiting on that perm option. <3

#4 Gamenot

Gamenot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:14 AM

Eh, the only broken items I remember from the item mall was a particular broken shotgun and Division Commander boots.

#5 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:36 AM

Thanks for the feedback you guys.

Yes, I am working to get the permanent sets out and I have been hearing various feedback from the community, regarding the set bonuses.

Here's a thought, tell me what you think.

• What if we kept the bonuses on the temp costumes, but for permanent versions the bonuses are stripped so they are purely cosmetic?

One of the reasons the temp sets were released is because, yes, ultimately they will disappear. And the notion of permanent items are still something we're cataloging, because we've heard about various overpowered items and want to be sure we don't accidentally release them in to the wild. Temporarily, is temporarily, and wouldn't affect long term game play or the economy. So please continue giving your feedback and any suggestions you might have regarding a workable compromise or solution. :)

#6 Vesia

Vesia

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

• What if we kept the bonuses on the temp costumes, but for permanent versions the bonuses are stripped so they are purely cosmetic?

The idea doesn't sound half bad. <3

I don't think there will always be a 100% win/win solution on this dilemma. As consumers we always want the best stats, permanent, for cheap. At the same time, we recognize that you need to "nickle and dime" us to keep the game afloat. From what I'm seeing, I would like to give my thoughts a bit more in depth.

I. Perspectives on "Developers" (Warpportal)

Making the stat boosting costumes temporary makes a lot of sense. It provides a periodic income for the game, ensuring the game will always have a revenue to sustain its longevity. One suggestions I would like to request, is to please focus on equality and consistency.

• If one costume set begins giving better stats than another, you will break your game the way Aeria did. There's little reason to buy more/different costumes, if 

they know a particular costume will dominate.

• I believe it would also benefit your game to ensure the stat bonuses and weapons are helpful, not game breaking. If an item mall spender is carrying the

entire team in Outfoxed, there's something wrong. PVP in particular will give you a lot of grieving and complaints if they have to contest against "god

weapons."

• I'm not sure if this is possible, but if you could match the stats from weapons ingame to the weapons in the item mall, it would be a huge plus. This way

players could get the best weapons in the game conventionally (I.E. by playing the actual game). While those who are struggling could take an alternate

path through the item mall. What's important is to make everyone feel they're on "equal footing." Item mall weapons and gear shouldn't make a bad player

good, it should make a good player better.

II. Perspective on Consumers (All of us who are playing the game)

Perms! There's no nice way to say it: We want them! The less you do it, the less we will like your game, the less we will spend on it. Why? Because no one likes to spend money on a game they don't like. It's as simple as that.

• A lot of us are coming from Aeria, and reminisce and talk about all the permanent weapons, costumes, and items we use to have. This is the bar we are

holding you to. We want to ensure this time the game survives, thrives, and builds a lovely community.

• At the same time, if we can't get our permanent stuff back on some level, there really isn't much reason to linger after the "hype" wears off. I'm very confident

there's many of us who are willing to pay plenty to get permanents in general.

• I'm not 100% ecstatic on the prospect of buying costumes without stats. But if it will give me permanent costumes while also preserving game balance and

thus preserve the game's longevity. I think it's a decent compromise.

III. Perspective on Weapons

Compared to other games where $1.00 generally only gets one day with an item. I'm liking this system so far. I can't speak for everyone, but assuming you can't make weapons permanent thanks for helping making these things more affordable. Just a thought, but think you could release "weapon skins", and simply help our weapons look a "particular" way?

Anyway, thank you for your time and for reading. I'm hoping for the best for this game. Hope to see more content, updates, *cough* and *cough* *cough* permanents *cough* soon. <3

Edited by Vesia, 22 March 2016 - 11:03 AM.

#7 Gamenot

Gamenot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:22 PM

For the long-term health of the game it would be probably better to strip away stats from permanent costumes.

Ideally, it would be good if you could apply temporary stats from a temporary costume item to a permanent costume so that players can get temporarily get stats on permanent sets. That would also mean that players would get the cosmetic effects of the permanent costume while keeping temporary aspect of time restricted stat bonuses.

Players would be able to wear the permanent costume they like for cosmetic purposes

Players would be able to apply temporary stats (1D, 7D, 30D) to their permanent costumes temporarily

Edited by Gamenot, 22 March 2016 - 02:23 PM.

#8 JackSwordfire

JackSwordfire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 March 2016 - 03:54 PM

Here's a thought, tell me what you think.

Meh I don't care for that idea at all  I remember Aeria would have these raffle things and tiered spender nonsense  all the time and the game still died. Then right after they announced the game was going to shutdown they had another tiered spender claiming it was all free since they would refund all the points spent. (I still have over 8k Aeria points that were refunded to me)

How about they keeps the stats but are given an endurance like regular items and can only be repaired with IM not coin? (Maybe a repair kit can be sold thru the shop)

My main reason for wanting perm items is that I dont always have long periods of time. As far as "purely cosmetic" I never cared for the look I always just hid it.

#9 Shoyz

Shoyz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:05 PM

Statless perms is better than nothing, but not ideal. I'd rather the price on 15-days dropped and for stats to be removed from all cash outfits wholesale.

I doubt it could be feasibly implemented here, but my favorite concept in this regard was how permanent items were handled in GunZ, on IJJI back in the day.

The way that it worked was that there was a single, special item put on sale every day. It could be a regular item at a discount, or it would occasionally be a permanent version of an item (not available to buy normally) at a much higher price ($20~30 for a set, ~$5 for single pieces). This system worked amazingly because, for a single particular item/set, you'd potentially be waiting months for it to /maybe/ show up in permanent form. In other words, if there was a particular item you wanted, you'd buy the temp. version because waiting was unreliable.

But it was amazing. For someone only interested in permanent outfits (such as me), this offered you an occasional opportunity to purchase either a set or piece at random. It was fun to buy whatever permanent piece showed up that week and collect them. How much would I have invested otherwise? $0.

It encourages players to log in every day and check the cash shop (similar to daily rewards) to check what the daily sale is.

For someone who normally would be on the fence, the limited time opportunity to buy-in would encourage sales you would not otherwise get. (Normally available Samurai outfit? Nah. Temp samurai outfit? Nah. One-day limited sale? ...okay.)

Hesitations around putting permanent sets for sale, solved.

etc.

I'd love to see this system implemented.

Alternatively, you could also make it far less feasible to buy, but not unfair. For example, you could offer a 'Founders Pack' sort of deal. Available for 1 month only, get $80 worth of cash coins, a permanent outfit (with stats), and a few other goodies. There's surely good options that aren't gimping stats or RNG boxes.

Edited by Shoyz, 22 March 2016 - 09:08 PM.

#10 AlcadX

AlcadX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:The Real One

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:35 PM

The idea doesn't sound half bad. <3

I don't think there will always be a 100% win/win solution on this dilemma. As consumers we always want the best stats, permanent, for cheap. At the same time, we recognize that you need to "nickle and dime" us to keep the game afloat. From what I'm seeing, I would like to give my thoughts a bit more in depth.

I. Perspectives on "Developers" (Warpportal)

Making the stat boosting costumes temporary makes a lot of sense. It provides a periodic income for the game, ensuring the game will always have a revenue to sustain its longevity. One suggestions I would like to request, is to please focus on equality and consistency.

• If one costume set begins giving better stats than another, you will break your game the way Aeria did. There's little reason to buy more/different costumes, if 

they know a particular costume will dominate.

• I believe it would also benefit your game to ensure the stat bonuses and weapons are helpful, not game breaking. If an item mall spender is carrying the

entire team in Outfoxed, there's something wrong. PVP in particular will give you a lot of grieving and complaints if they have to contest against "god

weapons."

• I'm not sure if this is possible, but if you could match the stats from weapons ingame to the weapons in the item mall, it would be a huge plus. This way

players could get the best weapons in the game conventionally (I.E. by playing the actual game). While those who are struggling could take an alternate

path through the item mall. What's important is to make everyone feel they're on "equal footing." Item mall weapons and gear shouldn't make a bad player

good, it should make a good player better.

II. Perspective on Consumers (All of us who are playing the game)

Perms! There's no nice way to say it: We want them! The less you do it, the less we will like your game, the less we will spend on it. Why? Because no one likes to spend money on a game they don't like. It's as simple as that.

• A lot of us are coming from Aeria, and reminisce and talk about all the permanent weapons, costumes, and items we use to have. This is the bar we are

holding you to. We want to ensure this time the game survives, thrives, and builds a lovely community.

• At the same time, if we can't get our permanent stuff back on some level, there really isn't much reason to linger after the "hype" wears off. I'm very confident

there's many of us who are willing to pay plenty to get permanents in general.

• I'm not 100% ecstatic on the prospect of buying costumes without stats. But if it will give me permanent costumes while also preserving game balance and

thus preserve the game's longevity. I think it's a decent compromise.

III. Perspective on Weapons

Compared to other games where $1.00 generally only gets one day with an item. I'm liking this system so far. I can't speak for everyone, but assuming you can't make weapons permanent thanks for helping making these things more affordable. Just a thought, but think you could release "weapon skins", and simply help our weapons look a "particular" way?

Anyway, thank you for your time and for reading. I'm hoping for the best for this game. Hope to see more content, updates, *cough* and *cough* *cough* permanents *cough* soon. <3

Like the Way you think! :) +10

#11 EggsDee

EggsDee

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

EDIT: I changed my opinion on the game. I put in 30 hours, and I think it's good, but it's still quite hard for the average player to get good gear, and relies on RNG from Coop missions for most of the money.

I highly recommend revamping Mission Mode, as I think it's the worst mode right now. It should be farmable with starter gear. The drops should be much more common: stuff like Level 1 Bolts, occasionally a useful Blue gear, stuff like that. People should feel accomplished, and feel a sense of continuous progression (even if it's small progression).

As it stands, the mode is extremely difficult if you don't have the 7-day Item Mall weapons that give an insane 280% damage increase and make the Missions 10x easier. I got to the Map 2 boss Chris with starter gear, but Chris is unbeatable without using Item Mall weapons, and farming Map 1 and 2 is completely useless as the Supply Cards are too rare and you get garbage items from those Supply Cards.

It should play a lot more like the old Aeria Games MetalAssault Mission mode, as demonstrated in this video: https://www.youtube....h?v=l7TC4Oo7OxQ

As you can see, the Mission did not cost him any Gold tokens, it was quite easy to run through, and he got anywhere between 2-5 Supply Cards per run.

Also, take a look at the reward screen: there are many Bolts and other upgrades that can be won through Blue Supply Cards, whereas in how the game is right now, there may be 3 or 4 boxes containing things that are NOT Grenades, Medpacks, etc (ie: things that are actually valuable). The odds are very bad, and it demoralizes the player. This is why Mission mode should be fixed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I hope you put out these suggestions to the developers and truly make them think about what may turn away players from the game.

(I will leave my original post below for context and reference)

ORIGINAL POST:

I'm just gonna copy paste something I posted on the Steam discussions, and add some extra stuff since now I'm talking to a developer and not just "putting it out there":

Okay so after coming back to this game from having last played it in 2011, I can honestly say my rose-tinted glasses came off.

The economy is garbage: there is no way to make money other than spamming zombies and hoping to get lucky in your box rolls. Even if you place #1, you can roll a 16 and get absolutely nothing. Most of the time however, you're just stuck with a bunch of noobs and straight up LOSE on rounds 8,9,10.

Mission mode - the mode where I remember you could PLAY FOR FREE - now requires Gold tokens to repeat any mission. I finally ran out and now I'm stuck on the Chris boss of the second map.

I can't get any weapons with extra power on Mission mode because I can't farm anything! All that's left is PvP...

But wait! If you go and buy that 7-day Flamethrower, that thing does 5x the standard rifle damage! Now you can wreck people in PvP AND PvE! Just give us your money to progress! Did you enjoy Mission Mode too? Cmon, spend a few bucks and get 500 Gold tokens! Now you can repeatedly respawn and clear anything!

What a load of crap. I hope they make some big changes, because otherwise, this game will die once again. The market is too different now, and stuff that might've been OK in 2011 just won't fly in 2016. 

We have games like League of Legends that are the golden examples of free to play models: literally nothing is pay to win! If designers made a huge effort to create awesome fashion clothes for this game and maybe EXP and Credit boosters or whatever remove all the pay to win garbage (can't even redo Missions without tokens lmao), this game has a chance of surviving. Otherwise, it'll die within a year.

As of right now however, you hit a giant roadblock that says "farm zombies for days in hopes of getting a box and rolling some good item that you can sell to buy some Golden tokens from players and keep farming Missions to attempt to get good guns" or just pay like $10 and you'll be set.

#rant

I love this game. I love the concept, I love the different modes, I love the gameplay and the theme. However, if you're going to attract players from non-Asian markets - players that are NOT okay with hitting impenetrable walls unless they shell out some cash - you're going to have to make changes.

Some things you could do:

• Give (10? 20?) free Mission runs per day so that at least you could FARM your way to success
  • Make the missions assigned to you by the NPCs actually do-able and have meaningful rewards (1000 Military Documents for some title? Are you kidding me? How about 50 Military Documents for some Credits and/or Gold tokens?)
  • Make permanent purely cosmetic costumes in the Item Mall, and get rid of anything that gives any advantage in PvP. This is literally the definition of buy to win: anyone can just log in right now and buy the 7-day guns and stomp people. This is extremely gamebreaking and will turn away players.

I really want this game to succeed, but you guys already have terrible reviews on Steam, and most of them I agree with. I also only heard about the re-release from Steam, and I am playing from Steam, and unless you get that rating fixed by making changes fast, this game will die off once again.

Edited by EggsDee, 26 March 2016 - 09:48 PM.

#12 SwagPatrol

SwagPatrol

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:33 PM

This game feels really dry at the moment, I love it but there isnt a whole lot of variety, kind of boring me. Things arent as rare, and idk about the whole not having licenses to use  certain guns. Its kind of like your not working towards earning anything special that seperates you from others. Idk Just my $.02

#13 serpent101

serpent101

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:34 PM

Who would spend real money on something cosmetic unless that was its initial purpose...? Now I'm also from the Aeria's MA and I know no one wants to fight against pay to win players but this game has got to make money some how and that way is by selling gear that has better stats.. The way to balance that out is to release gear ingame that had the same stats for those who don't want to pay real money for it. Yea it's gonna be hard to farm it but it's available.

Eggs I feel ur pain.. When this game was re released I felt they should have added stuff that was in Aeria's like more weapons in the weapons store, weapons licenses, and shops licenses were bought from ingame stores. Why release Chris and Buckeye now when we can barely put a dent in any of their modes and ironically it's only through them that u can get good weapons??

#14 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:14 AM

Hey Rookies :)

I'm trying to work things out with the dev team regarding getting in-game gear goals. Unfortunately, one of the things currently 'pausing' progress on that is the awareness of certain hackers blatantly breaking gameplay, which ruins the potential behind setting up good rewards.

One of my personal goals is to allow for you guys to have a means to be able to earn weapons in-game that can be comparable to what you can buy in the Item Mall.

Licenses were intentionally removed from game play, not sure why, but I've asked and awaiting a response. I know they are also reviewing their PvP and Honor designs so they can introduce a better feature in the future. Unfortunately, no time expectation was able to be provided behind when that would be, but I'm sure they're working on it.

So regarding hackers, if you see or know someone who is exploiting the game in some way, please report them. If you can capture video, that helps more, if you actually know how they're doing it, that's even better to give to us and we'll forward that straight up to GNISoft to have it dealt with.

#15 Gypsyleeboy

Gypsyleeboy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

Hey Rookies :)

I'm trying to work things out with the dev team regarding getting in-game gear goals. Unfortunately, one of the things currently 'pausing' progress on that is the awareness of certain hackers blatantly breaking gameplay, which ruins the potential behind setting up good rewards.

One of my personal goals is to allow for you guys to have a means to be able to earn weapons in-game that can be comparable to what you can buy in the Item Mall.

Licenses were intentionally removed from game play, not sure why, but I've asked and awaiting a response. I know they are also reviewing their PvP and Honor designs so they can introduce a better feature in the future. Unfortunately, no time expectation was able to be provided behind when that would be, but I'm sure they're working on it.

So regarding hackers, if you see or know someone who is exploiting the game in some way, please report them. If you can capture video, that helps more, if you actually know how they're doing it, that's even better to give to us and we'll forward that straight up to GNISoft to have it dealt with.

To summarize, they're not like nexon, and will ban you for telling them how the hackers are exploiting?

People have problems are nexon for sending tickets, letting the GM's know how people are hacking, and they're like "Well, since you know how, you must be one"

#16 EggsDee

EggsDee

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:46 PM

Who would spend real money on something cosmetic unless that was its initial purpose...? Now I'm also from the Aeria's MA and I know no one wants to fight against pay to win players but this game has got to make money some how and that way is by selling gear that has better stats.. The way to balance that out is to release gear ingame that had the same stats for those who don't want to pay real money for it. Yea it's gonna be hard to farm it but it's available.

Eggs I feel ur pain.. When this game was re released I felt they should have added stuff that was in Aeria's like more weapons in the weapons store, weapons licenses, and shops licenses were bought from ingame stores. Why release Chris and Buckeye now when we can barely put a dent in any of their modes and ironically it's only through them that u can get good weapons??

See: League of Legends monetization model, Team Fortress 2's monetization model, Counter Strike: Global Offensive's monetization model, RO2 2's monetization model, etc.

There is a large amount of extremely successful games that are entirely skill-based whose "Item Malls" consist of nothing but cosmetic items. Most of them are on the Western market, because Westerners are sick and tired of blatant pay-to-win crap (which includes myself).

Just look at the new items released in yesterday's patch!

For example, the Clown bundle gives: 3% HP, 4% Range, 8% Fire Rate, 5% Bullet Speed, 3% Attack Power, and 10% Accuracy.

Please point to me where I can farm gear that competes with these absolutely insane set bonuses.

These items are extremely pay-to-win, and the only saving grace that this game has is that you can sell the Item Mall items to regular players. However, many people will simply not bother. When they see how ridiculous the Item Mall in this game is, they'll just quit, and this game will die once again.

Myself and many others will stick around because we enjoy the gameplay and are willing to suffer through the pay-to-win, but if this game does not attract new players, it will die off again.

#17 Gypsyleeboy

Gypsyleeboy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 01:59 AM

See: League of Legends monetization model, Team Fortress 2's monetization model, Counter Strike: Global Offensive's monetization model, RO2 2's monetization model, etc.

There is a large amount of extremely successful games that are entirely skill-based whose "Item Malls" consist of nothing but cosmetic items. Most of them are on the Western market, because Westerners are sick and tired of blatant pay-to-win crap (which includes myself).

For example, the Clown bundle gives: 3% HP, 4% Range, 8% Fire Rate, 5% Bullet Speed, 3% Attack Power, and 10% Accuracy.

Please point to me where I can farm gear that competes with these absolutely insane set bonuses.

These items are extremely pay-to-win, and the only saving grace that this game has is that you can sell the Item Mall items to regular players. However, many people will simply not bother. When they see how ridiculous the Item Mall in this game is, they'll just quit, and this game will die once again.

Myself and many others will stick around because we enjoy the gameplay and are willing to suffer through the pay-to-win, but if this game does not attract new players, it will die off again.

Everything is farm-able

Unlike games like league of legends, you HAVE TO pay! In this game, you can at least farm the money to buy the clown bundle, Which means, someone pays for you.

Skins on league aren't farmable, though they also don't give advantages. But given these bundles give advantages, they're still free to buy from people who paid.

Not pay to win, but pay to be lazy.

#18 EggsDee

EggsDee

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:19 AM

Everything is farm-able

Unlike games like league of legends, you HAVE TO pay! In this game, you can at least farm the money to buy the clown bundle, Which means, someone pays for you.

Skins on league aren't farmable, though they also don't give advantages. But given these bundles give advantages, they're still free to buy from people who paid.

Not pay to win, but pay to be lazy.

Yes I agree with you. The trading feature is this game's saving grace.

However, I would argue that there is a limit on how "pay to be lazy" it can be. If, by spending money, you can save yourself a ridiculous amount of hours wherein it would take the average player over a month of grinding to reach the same power level, the game becomes pay-to-win. It is unrealistic to expect somebody to put in that much time just to be able to compete with someone who has a disposable income.

Thankfully, the Item Mall is not at that level, and I hope it never reaches that level. Right now, the game is pretty okay, with the main flaws being an absolutely terrible (nerfed to the ground) Mission Mode and laggy flamethrower spammers in PvP (this game rewards people with bad ping).

#19 Pariah24

Pariah24

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

Statless perms is better than nothing, but not ideal. I'd rather the price on 15-days dropped and for stats to be removed from all cash outfits wholesale.

I doubt it could be feasibly implemented here, but my favorite concept in this regard was how permanent items were handled in GunZ, on IJJI back in the day.

The way that it worked was that there was a single, special item put on sale every day. It could be a regular item at a discount, or it would occasionally be a permanent version of an item (not available to buy normally) at a much higher price ($20~30 for a set, ~$5 for single pieces). This system worked amazingly because, for a single particular item/set, you'd potentially be waiting months for it to /maybe/ show up in permanent form. In other words, if there was a particular item you wanted, you'd buy the temp. version because waiting was unreliable.

But it was amazing. For someone only interested in permanent outfits (such as me), this offered you an occasional opportunity to purchase either a set or piece at random. It was fun to buy whatever permanent piece showed up that week and collect them. How much would I have invested otherwise? $0.

It encourages players to log in every day and check the cash shop (similar to daily rewards) to check what the daily sale is.

For someone who normally would be on the fence, the limited time opportunity to buy-in would encourage sales you would not otherwise get. (Normally available Samurai outfit? Nah. Temp samurai outfit? Nah. One-day limited sale? ...okay.)

Hesitations around putting permanent sets for sale, solved.

etc.

I'd love to see this system implemented.

Alternatively, you could also make it far less feasible to buy, but not unfair. For example, you could offer a 'Founders Pack' sort of deal. Available for 1 month only, get $80 worth of cash coins, a permanent outfit (with stats), and a few other goodies. There's surely good options that aren't gimping stats or RNG boxes.

this i like! keeps people logging in everyday making sure it's collectable but also in regards to stats on permas, what about going half way? let's say u get temporary op stats on a set but after the 30day or 15day or whatever amount of day u guys wana make it, instead of stripping all stats they only get half? that way it's not just cosmetic but also makes it reselabble for buyers and keeps it abit more balanced, also if u want op stats u pay for it. i know no one likes to go vs pay to win but halfing the stats and reselling half stated items from IM seems fair to both in game people and sells...not sure though i didn't really think it over just an quick idea.

#20 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

To summarize, they're not like nexon, and will ban you for telling them how the hackers are exploiting?

People have problems are nexon for sending tickets, letting the GM's know how people are hacking, and they're like "Well, since you know how, you must be one"

That's silly. While I may not have a reward system for people who report it, I certainly don't ban them just for reporting. I appreciate the help someone gives us to be informed over how the game can be improved on and protected from those who hurt it.

See: League of Legends monetization model, Team Fortress 2's monetization model, Counter Strike: Global Offensive's monetization model, DotA 2's monetization model, etc.

Yes, there are many games out there. And I'm doing what I can to make it fair for our community, because I'm very much aware of the concept of pay-to-win, feeling negative within a community, especially a competitive game design. But there are still ways to handle it and I'm still learning myself about Metal Assault and its community. I made some effort recently, today's patch is a result of some of that effort and I will continue to work with GNISoft on it.

We're still just starting things up, and taking the suggestions and feedback from the players. It was suggested to put several various things up, we did, and we're also taking feedback about it.

I'm doing what I can to help make things fun for the new and veteran. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users