March 24th Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

March 24th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:09 PM

+50% VIP +50% Server Rate

ygdjSp2.gif

But anyway, So VIP will go up to 150%? what does this make the base rates now?

#27 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

ygdjSp2.gif

But anyway, So VIP will go up to 150%? what does this make the base rates now?

2.5 base exp currently

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:15 PM

That sounds low.... It's stacking with the spotlight tho?

#29 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

That sounds low.... It's stacking with the spotlight tho?

Spotlight stayed at 3 I ran the 2.5 script for everything then reran the 3 script for spotlight.

#30 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

What is currently? We're waiting for maintenance right now..

#31 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

What is currently? We're waiting for maintenance right now..

Server rate was set to 2 before the maintenance.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

But it was 2 of 1.5 of a vanilla server rate.... right?

#33 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:53 PM

Sooo not to argue too much, but it only takes a couple of hours to max out a character for an existing classic user anyway. So long as items/zeny aren't involved,  giving a renewal user a 99/70 of whatever their max level char is on renewal on Classic would help boost the population and bring in way more benefits than harm could be done giving classic users more chars.

Also to note, those of us that played on renewal would be reaping the same benefit - that is we have all invested our time on that server.

This is actually a horrible idea. This post should be followed by a mandatory post complaining about player skills and what sort of toxic MOBA community we would be breeding/feeding on this server by doing this. 

Yes. People played Renewal. Now lets keep the servers separated. It only takes a few hours to 99/70 a character anyway on Classic right?

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:08 AM

As someone who regularly helps people convert to our old fashioned ways, I can tell you the biggest turn off is "But I don't want to level again". Because no matter what you tell them, they have memories of 1x rates, terrible maps outside of thors and for some reason think everyone on Classic is a masochist hardass old school korean mmo grinder.

Given the server is aimed at those old players who logged out when renewal came along and never logged back in again, there is absolutely zero harm. Say what you like, but Classic needs players so guilds can do things instead of complaining about how there's nobody for them to recruit. It's also not fair on new players to come to a server where everyone is levelled and established and have nobody to party with and its not fair on the people that are expected to drag these new players from 1/1 to a level where they can keep up.

And if you're worried about people making alts for pserver players to log on to, don't be, because I can't name anyone willing to give out their old renewal accounts. And if the idea of keeping people off the server is politically orientated because they will be drawn to old/recognizable names or those who will give them items, then that's a personal problem.

#35 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:26 AM

They get a free 99/70 character or a few of them depending on how many accounts they have. Realistically all they need to do is exchange renewal zeny for classic zeny. End result is a 99/70 character who is fully geared and has no reason at all to play the game outside of woe. I'd be more willing to accept giving them a free 1/1 high novice.

It's not a bad idea at all. There are so many available characters and accounts for people to use for woe. It's been like this for a while. If people really did want to play (even woe only), they would have already.

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:55 AM

Do either of you play outside of woe or at all? Until new content there's nobody for them to play WITH outside of woe/instances (even that is dried up as most of the server is fully geared.)

So what you want to dump them on a server with a 1/1 high novice and their only levelling option be to join a guild and get leeched by whatever poor sap gets the job dumped on them? (or maybe they can join one of the nonexistent parties!) That's not fair.

#37 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:29 AM

So what your saying is if renewal people want to WoE we should give them their own characters to be able to? That's all I'm taking out of this, because what your asking for influences no other part of the game. IF they simply wanted to woe then all they need to do is ask a guild to use one of their characters. Positive every guild has a bunch of spare accounts to hand out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a horrible idea. I would just like to see other aspects of the game influenced by something like this. As I've said in the past WoE is the driving force behind RO, but without other aspects of the game being important it is meaningless. Example: look at the life expectancy of woe only servers.

I like the idea, but what I would like to see is a way of engaging in pvm. Gears? Again xfer zeny (I'll do it for all of them lol) and buy woe gears... Supplies? Guilds are so desperate for just players that they won't force people to participate in supplying.

Maybe if there was a big influx of 1/1 high novices at once (hopeful thinking) there could be parties to level...

Also I do play outside of WoE! 1-135 in past week on a gx. It's pretty fun and easy mode. WoE on classic and pvm on renewal because content (which classic is lacking).

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:39 AM

All I'm saying is

if they come over max level their guild will gear them

if they come over 1/1 High their guild will take a couple of hours to level, then gear them.

I'd rather devote that thors time to stuff like nyd or ET, thanks.

People do like to be their own character/own identity. They really do.

Edited by Xellie, 26 March 2016 - 08:40 AM.

#39 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:45 AM

Unless someone is really sick of Renewal, it's the time commitment to both servers that's ultimately the downside for most people.
Not everyone can boast that they do 20 hours of WoE a week like Hayroh.

I honestly don't see many people from Renewal making the jump.

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

I'm more thinking of groups of players who are nostalgiaing/recently returned who come back and are like "wah I have to start over?!"

also : Who said it had to be woe chars? B> more FS priests for ET pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease thanks

Edited by Xellie, 26 March 2016 - 08:48 AM.

#41 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:07 AM

Remove 3 character limit for non vip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users