• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dnvloh

dnvloh

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:40 PM

Hi I say I am new cause I only really played this years ago and If I recall it was only to level 22 or so. Anyways I find myself struggling a bit when buffs fall of and have to fight without them. 

I started with a raider and picked up the bow to try it out. The damage i do is really low and without buffs I kill extremely slow to the point that combat just feels very boring. I literally just stand there

while mob beats me to a pulp and I kill it 20 seconds later. Is there a way to maybe bare with this without cleric buffs? or is this pretty much how it goes without buffs? Meh I don't know... maybe its just 

me but the combat / damage feels way to slow.

Question regarding event boxes. Should I open these up or sell them? I opened like 5 up and got some costumes to later notice some people buying them in stalls for 1.8m. 

What else can drop from leprechaun boxes? Would it be advisable to just sell them?

Next question is about guides. I notice most are like 2013 and what not. Anyone have a simple layout I can perhaps follow regarding leveling PVE for a bow / xbow raider going scout?

What am trying to go for is decent kill speed to level up. What skill / passive are recommended? 

Edited by dnvloh, 24 March 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#2 RairaChan

RairaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ragnarok Journey - S1

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:24 PM

I'm kinda new here as well and struggling just like you are.. :( When buff worn off i'm feeling useless :( good thing some guilds are recruiting new players and (if you are lucky) someone on lowbie map will buff you... otherwise, i end up riding my chropy and tour around :P

#3 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:05 PM

I) About leveling

Leveling in ROSE is pretty much: With buffs

Without buffs, it takes you very long to kill and to level up.

Of course you can learn your self buffs, or manage to buy some buff potions,

but then solo leveling like that will only get you to like level 120, it's even more painful to

solo once you've passed 120.

So there are some suggestions:

1. Join a clan where people there can help you with buffs, advices, suggestions & friendship.

2. Earn some money & buy yourself some buff potions in Junon to solo level until 120.

3. Create another character choosing Muse as first job & earn the supportive skills (buffs, heals) 

and level both of your characters.

4. Join a party

-------

II) About event boxes

Provided that you have a lot of them, you can either open them or sell them.

Leprechaun costumes come with CHARM as bold stat (Hat 35 charm, Body 25 charm, Gloves 15 charm)

If you open up these boxes and get either of them with a SUBSTAT of 30 charm, or 30 Cha with something else additionally,

then a single piece can go for 200million to 300 mil of zulie.

Further more, if you choose 3) from above, you can wear your muse/later cleric these pieces of armors with CHARM.

CHARM strengthens your buffs and heals, which benefit your support character.

I will decide to either sell or open them as soon as I have like 200 of them, or more.

+ What else can drop from leprechaun boxes?

Nothing. Leprechaun boxes only yeild Leprechaun Costumes.

III) About guides

I personally don't play any bow or xbow types. But I think those guides from 2013 are still usable.

Let's hope someone else you help you with builds.

#4 dnvloh

dnvloh

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:50 PM

I) About leveling

Leveling in ROSE is pretty much: With buffs

Without buffs, it takes you very long to kill and to level up.

Of course you can learn your self buffs, or manage to buy some buff potions,

but then solo leveling like that will only get you to like level 120, it's even more painful to

solo once you've passed 120.

So there are some suggestions:

1. Join a clan where people there can help you with buffs, advices, suggestions & friendship.

2. Earn some money & buy yourself some buff potions in Junon to solo level until 120.

3. Create another character choosing Muse as first job & earn the supportive skills (buffs, heals) 

and level both of your characters.

4. Join a party

-------

II) About event boxes

Provided that you have a lot of them, you can either open them or sell them.

Leprechaun costumes come with CHARM as bold stat (Hat 35 charm, Body 25 charm, Gloves 15 charm)

If you open up these boxes and get either of them with a SUBSTAT of 30 charm, or 30 Cha with something else additionally,

then a single piece can go for 200million to 300 mil of zulie.

Further more, if you choose 3) from above, you can wear your muse/later cleric these pieces of armors with CHARM.

CHARM strengthens your buffs and heals, which benefit your support character.

I will decide to either sell or open them as soon as I have like 200 of them, or more.

+ What else can drop from leprechaun boxes?

Nothing. Leprechaun boxes only yeild Leprechaun Costumes.

III) About guides

I personally don't play any bow or xbow types. But I think those guides from 2013 are still usable.

Let's hope someone else you help you with builds.

Yeah I don't have too many of the boxes now but I will recreate another character and go Muse and try the support route. I might open these boxes to see if i get a decent stat item might be nice to give me a boost and help speed up leveling. If i go muse can I add also some INT to help with wand dmg for when solo?

#5 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

Yeah I don't have too many of the boxes now but I will recreate another character and go Muse and try the support route. I might open these boxes to see if i get a decent stat item might be nice to give me a boost and help speed up leveling. If i go muse can I add also some INT to help with wand dmg for when solo?

Getting damage on a support muse/cleric isn't worth it.

If I were you I would focus on buffs and heals, and let my hawker do the damage.

Just get enough INT to be able to hold your wand, don't add too much. More info on muse/cleric

can be found here.

Also there are many nice people ingame who you can ask for some craft items.

They can craft you some armors or weapons with good stats, which help leveling more comfortably.

#6 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 March 2016 - 10:35 PM

If you have more questions about muse. Feel free to pm me :).

#7 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:10 PM

Welcome to both of you! I'd be glad to help with advice, buffs, reinforced gear etc. Just whisper to me ingame on HoneyBuns or Sulky or pm me here at the forum.

Regarding the event boxes. You can sell them right now for over 1mil each. The reason people are buying them is because they are looking for certain substats that might be on these items (my guess is the charm 30 substat primarily). Of course, you could always open them yourself but once opened, they are not nearly as valuable if they don't have some maxed substat. So it's up to you.

If you are making a full support cleric, you might want to keep a set of the Leprechaun items (minus the 4 leaf clover) for yourself because all of the parts (except the shoes) do have some charm as a base stat. The Leprechaun Hat has 35 base charm, which is only 5 less charm than the Shamrock Hat and definitely cheaper. Same thing with the Leprechaun Suit- it has only 5 less base charm than the Servant's Uniform and again, much cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users