Class Ranking in 2016? (PVM/MVP) - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Class Ranking in 2016? (PVM/MVP)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 100001912355583

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:33 PM

So here it is i returned to RO a month ago and starting playing a RK,wich i am satisfied with but here comes my friend that wants to play with me and so i was wondering wich class i could pick has my 2nd char but has i don't really know what avery classes would be like in and end game im here asking you SWEET people what would be the rankings for avery classes in RO at this time of course that would be counting extended classes too has they look very interesting.  :p_idea:

Thanks in advance hoping anyone can help me out in making this topic become useful to maybe averyone in the end when they need to make characters.  :p_laugh:

#2 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:43 PM

Generally speaking for PVM,

GX> DB RK/ranger/gene> crit RK/RG > others.

But there are tons of MVPs that specifically favor one class over another. Example being malangdo culvert, genes rule there.

#3 100001912355583

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:46 PM

I have looked around the forums and saw that those two classes kinda always stand out and was wondering if other classes are that useless why are they underplayed exemple (magician classes) i saw alot of them in early game phases but couldn't find one 175 hanging around are they usefull at all if i do make one will i be usefull all up to 175?

#4 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:58 PM

make them if you like them. All classes can play PVM effectively. However, Speaking from a raw ability point of view, I think my above statement still holds true that they just aren't as competent for PVM generally. (WL is still great in Geffen Magic tournament though).

It's just the way RO is; balance is a joke. At least they do have plans to attempt a rebalance in kRO soon though. I read somewhere that Ziu ( a Brazilian chasing kRO developments) interviewed RO Devs, and their plans were to do a class balance again after episode 16 instances were done.

That is a helluva long way ahead for us to ever receive those if they are good though.

#5 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

This is how I would rank them, in terms of solo play

MVP

Gen > RK*/Ranger/GX > RG/Sorc/Sura/Mech/(RK) > Warlock > SC/Performers/AB

Instances

GX/Ranger/RK* > Gen > RG/Mech/Sorc/(RK) > Sura/Warlock/SC/Performers/AB

*If you have kiels

Note that the bottom half of each list will vary quite widely depending on the MVP or Instance in question (for instance, Warlocks do well in GMT but are lackluster for OGH), but the top are generally accepted to be Genetic/Ranger/GX along with RK if you can remove Dragon Breath delay.

Edited by hotel, 26 March 2016 - 12:11 AM.

#6 100001912355583

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:21 AM

I see that is really helpful thank you very much has much has i like thw warlock has i understand from what we are talking about and what i saw on the forums in the actual state of the game it lacks dmg's?

so i fuess that if someon does build up a warlock they will have toplay support jack frost to be usefull?

and more i guess sorcerer would be a better pick? has they already have alot of support ability that would make them useful? would it be good to make one all the way up instead of a warlock? (in terms of utility in PVM/MVP)

Thanks in Advance <3  :p_love:

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:53 AM

totally debatable

#8 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:55 AM

The problem with Warlock is that most of their skills have long cooldowns and after cast delays, and PVM in RO is really all about spammability. If your class doesn't have a high damage skill they can spam then the only other option is ctrl-click.

For a Warlock, this means they're more or less limited to two spells: Chain Lightning and Soul Expansion. Soul Expansion is Ghost property so it's really only effective on Ghost and Undead monsters. Chain Lightning is less constrictive target-wise, but it requires delay reduction or strings to spam effectively. Neither are particularly effective in dealing with big mobs either.

You can definitely still play an offensive Warlock in PVM, it's not the best but it's not the worst either.

With regards to Sorc damage, they have a few inherent advantages over Warlock: their spells all scale off INT as well as MATK, allowing them to generally achieve higher damage; the fixed cast times on the Sorcerer's main four damage spells are very short (and can be removed entirely through summons or Temp Dex Boots); their main dps consists of a spell rotation with very short delays, all of which are also AoE and of different elements. Their only weakness is a need for variable cast reduction, since most Sorc spells have very long variable cast times.

In terms of support PVM, Sorcs also hold a distinct advantage over Warlocks. Warlocks are limited to freezing mobs with Jack Frost, maybe a Quagmire and Ice Wall, and tanking using White Imprison. Sorcerers however have Soul Exhale, Striking, Magnetic Earth, Endows, Fibre Lock, and possibly Insignias.

#9 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:03 AM

PVM:

If the player has high budget

GX>Gene >RK>Ranger >..........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wanderer

#10 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:23 AM

what's with the biasedness to wanderer? maestros belong together there!!! sexist alert much.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 26 March 2016 - 01:25 AM.

#11 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:35 AM

totally debatable

yes my dear, in your mind its more like this:

PVM

Trap Ranger > Other Classes

MVP

PVP

Trap Ranger > Other classes

#12 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:02 AM

Much anti-feminism included, should've been maes/wandie

#13 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:18 AM

totally debatable

Some things are not debatable though. If we're only limiting the discussion to classes only (excluding builds), then WL, for example, can't possibly do better than a GX or a ranger in OGH (since the enemies can't be frozen, stone cursed, and elemental attacks).

And yes, I do agree the instances are pretty biased as most are filled with shadow enemies that some classes will have difficulty killing (Nid MVP, Wandering dragon, Devil Tower, OGH, etc).

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:34 AM

Ziu is not BR wtf

And, with high budget:

RK>Gene>Ranger>GX

Edited by Ashuckel, 26 March 2016 - 02:37 AM.

#15 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:49 AM

Ziu is not BR wtf

And, with high budget:

RK>Gene>Ranger>GX

no way, GX guaranteed at the top. No other classes do 500K crits at 193 aspd. Who beats that?

anyway Ziu speaks Spanish :v so I mixed that up since I'm not good with foreign languages anyway.

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 26 March 2016 - 02:50 AM.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 03:06 AM

Gx can do that much damage, and also die if anything hit them. Im not just comparing damage output, but how easy it is to play and do stuff with the class, and as of right now, no class beats rk on it. Ranger and GX on frenzy do the same damage, gx only exceeds on the 5s of Dark Claw.

#17 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:18 AM

I'm pretty sure a fully decked out Gen deals way more dps than an RK without sacrificing too much survivability

Edited by hotel, 26 March 2016 - 04:18 AM.

#18 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:52 AM

Gx can do that much damage, and also die if anything hit them. Im not just comparing damage output, but how easy it is to play and do stuff with the class, and as of right now, no class beats rk on it. Ranger and GX on frenzy do the same damage, gx only exceeds on the 5s of Dark Claw.

Disagree with you here. A fully decked out RK's damage is more like a gene's in some instances.

With that much damage, there isn't a single instance GX cant play. Rangers dont come close to GX damage on frenzy as well, even without dark claw. EDP is way too powerful for that.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:00 AM

Ranger unlimit+ frenzy is stronger than gx with frenzy only, gx dps only surpasses during dark claw. And rangers are much more safe since you attack from the other side of the screen.

And RKs is just the most retardedly easiest class to do mostly anything once you put your hands on those 3 cards (2x kiel + tao). Yes it may not have the best damage of all these, but its just hella easier.

#20 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:26 AM

hahaha...this debate will always be an endless topic to discuss. while i dislike making some rankings since it depends on gears, skillsets and playstyle, i would like to establish some tiers. classes on the same tier has equal in power (this is also debatable, but to simplify things up):
god tier : Gene, gx, rk, ranger
high tier: sura, mechanic, sorc, RG
mid tier: performer, warlock, rebel
low tier: sc, kage/obo, suno, AB

dunno why people always underestimate performers. SR is really great skill to have, i myself often MVPing with my performers and it is effective. moreover SR posbug already solved, so hit and run SR method now available, making things easier

Edited by fuyukikun, 26 March 2016 - 05:30 AM.

#21 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

yes my dear, in your mind its more like this:

PVM

MVP

PVP

Trap Ranger > Other classes

leave britney alone!

#22 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:29 AM

I'd switch performers and K/O only :)

#23 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:43 AM

MvP:

Genetic > RK > GX.

Imo, RK has overall the highest dps but it gets stuck once in a while. Genetics kill everything, It's just not as convenient as RK. I'm considering overall performance, not just dps.

Frenzy gx is fun, but still depends on tons of supplies and you need to be well prepared every time. That waste you a lot of time.

PvM, Instances:

RK > Genetic/GX

No matter what people say here, RK wins. DB spam is too op. Going up to Ifrit with RK alone in less than 30 mins is priceless. Between gx and genetic, I'd say It depends on what instance. But you can name any instance, somehow I will feel lazy to run on gx or genetic, but not on rk.

Make cart cannon ground target instead of single and I will reevaluate my opinions.

Sorry about the rangers, I don't know you enough :v

Edited by Richkr, 26 March 2016 - 05:44 AM.

#24 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:47 AM

Carpet bombings by Gene lanes?  :p_love:  sounds awesome, time to unleash them howitzers

#25 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:48 AM

hahaha...this debate will always be an endless topic to discuss. while i dislike making some rankings since it depends on gears, skillsets and playstyle, i would like to establish some tiers. classes on the same tier has equal in power (this is also debatable, but to simplify things up):
god tier : Gene, gx, rk, ranger
high tier: sura, mechanic, sorc, RG
mid tier: performer, warlock, rebel
low tier: sc, kage/obo, suno, AB

dunno why people always underestimate performers. SR is really great skill to have, i myself often MVPing with my performers and it is effective. moreover SR posbug already solved, so hit and run SR method now available, making things easier

Think fuyukikun's comment on tier makes the most sense.

Among gene, gx, rk and ranger, i believe we can argue all day to no results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users