Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationPvP Ranking Mode
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:God's Sanctuary

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

Well heyho, its me again!

Just wanted to ask you guys if there is any rules-list for ingame-behaviour, BSQ and EW.

Because i see daily people running around with flags (mostly the guys with their "legit farmed 6* cards") and other ones who are attacking the spawn area.

So is that legit or is here any rules list which i havent found yet? Would be great if you could answer me fast or if you could create such a list.

Edited by Turpi, 26 March 2016 - 11:30 AM.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 26 March 2016 - 11:54 AM

Hello,

I only can recommend to take videos and send them to the support team. They decide what to do.

#3 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

well but every game need rules, how do i know if i act against them or not?

imagine some1 gets punished for running around with flags 20minutes for rules which officially doesnt exist, thats pretty stupid for the person.

Or multi relog in EW.. is it allowed, if yes how often, or isnt it allowed? how can people/new people know that..

Or is it allowed to mercany for other guilds while ur own guild is still in the tournament?

Or flag feeding in BSQ, afk'ing in BSQ...

Also it would make punishments more equal if theres a list for bans.

I could suggest some rules tho.

Edited by Turpi, 26 March 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:26 PM

https://forums.warpp...-bsqew-players/

There's some stuff there

I think bsq, like emporia, has some fundamental design problems, hope those get some attention at some point. These things (running and so on) should be discouraged and stopped by systems in the game, not by saying it's not allowed.

#5 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:35 PM

Thx Precrush. I added some points beside running.

Its just that i know some servers with a really good rule list so everyone knows whats legit ans whats not legit.

Also people cant say after the punishment that they didnt know that it was forbidden.

#6 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:57 PM

Well, Agi.. until now i didnt see any rules here and thats the problem.

I wouldnt mind if there are some differences

Edited by Turpi, 26 March 2016 - 01:58 PM.

#7 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:31 AM

I dont see any problem with people running away with their flags. BSQ and EW are for team plays so it's your team effort to catch the runner and stay solid. 

#8 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:51 AM

It doesn't require team play to run away with the flag though, and it's just too easy to run away. Bsq doesn't really have any systems that encourage team play, you are in a team of individuals there.

#9 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:02 AM

It doesn't require team play to run away with the flag though, and it's just too easy to run away. Bsq doesn't really have any systems that encourage team play, you are in a team of individuals there.

doesn't makes sense. 

team of individuals?? lmao

#10 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:24 AM

doesn't makes sense. 

team of individuals?? lmao

Well I basically explained what I meant with that already. There's very little to no team play in bsq.

#11 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:35 AM

so it means it involves team play. I think the reason why you're saying that bsq doesn't require team play it's because you never experienced it before in this server. 

#12 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:42 AM

so it means it involves team play. I think the reason why you're saying that bsq doesn't require team play it's because you never experienced it before in this server. 

Actual teamwork in bsq happens rarely happens, It's mostly individual players doing their own thing instead of working towards a common goal. But since BSQ in dis only has 3 options more or less(Killing players, Killing Bugs, Holding flags by whatever means necessary) a lot of individuals end up doing the samething creating something like fake teamwork.

Edited by StormHaven, 27 March 2016 - 11:46 AM.

#13 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

Dude if there is an 1o1 in BSQ and lets say the opponent is a peter who is pink, running around the whole time with 600 ms. How you are gonna catch him? Wouldnt even be able if its 2o1. And 1 guy/friend of the runner would -_- up the lock anyways so hes able to run another 10 minutes.

Running is just totally retarded how can you support that? Theres breeze run for such things.

Edited by Turpi, 27 March 2016 - 12:23 PM.

#14 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:05 PM

Dude if there is an 1o1 in BSQ and lets say the opponent is a peter who is pink, running around the whole time with 600 ms. How you are gonna catch him? Wouldnt even be able if its 2o1. And 1 guy/friend of the runner would -_- up the lock anyways so hes able to run another 10 minutes.

Running is just totally retarded how can you support that? Theres breeze run for such things.

yeah well, you know BSQ was never designed to be an 1o1 fight, it was designed to fight like 10 vs 10 and in such an amount of player with different types of catches(air or ground catch) it would be impossible to run that much. At least it would be impossible if the team to catch that person has a bit of know-how about the game.

#15 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:36 AM

I played BSQ recently with a good amount of player (mostly warlocks) and the sentinel was still able to run around the whole game with stacked ms and there were like 12 people inside.

If he doesnt want to get catched he wont get catched. He can simply spam traps while running and his team will support him which maks a catch/stun or a groundlock (which is needed to kill him) nearly impossible.

And good luck to find a 10o10 BSQ , dude.
The most time there isnt even anyone inside so ggwp we dont need rules coz its impossible to run in a full BSQ which nearly never happens.

Edited by Turpi, 29 March 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#16 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 03:42 AM

There isn't anyone there because as a mode it's not good and there's pretty much no rewards, and since there's no one there it sucks even more. Running's easy, we've all tried it and seen that.

#17 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:32 AM

Pre, i agree with u.

#18 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 09:08 AM

I played BSQ recently with a good amount of player (mostly warlocks) and the sentinel was still able to run around the whole game with stacked ms and there were like 12 people inside.

If he dont want to get catched he wont get catched. He can simply spam traps while running and his team will support him which maks a catch/stun or a groundlock (which is needed to kill him) nearly impossible.

And good luck to find a 10o10 BSQ , dude.
The most time there isnt even anyone inside so ggwp we dont need rules coz its impossible to run in a full BSQ which nearly never happens.

how many is your reasonable amount of players? LMAO. If you can't catch him together with your team it means that you are lacking some gears and tactics in play. I know the guy you're talking about and that guy has some element attacks with stacked ms but easy to kill cause he doesn't have resist and hp. It only means that you are mismatched to him. And as sentinel expect him to run and not compete in close combat battle because he is not stupid enough not to take his advantage. 

You should also observe the bsq level range on what equipments that your opponent will wear in game to boost their character advantage. 

#19 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:25 AM

Oh look a thread complaining about run-stalling in a PvP mode that's always been fundamentally flawed and whose winner is determined by who can stall for points the longest.

Runner sentinels have always had some level of frustration among the playerbase. But you should know your classes and their problem opponents. What's hard for one class is simple for another (With the exception to summoners)

#20 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:41 AM

lul. I',m talking about runners in gernaral and not only about running sentinel.

Running with flags is just stupid, everyone whos enjoying pvp and got a bit gameplay would take a 1o1 or 1o3+ to proof his skills.

But it seems like the most part of the community act like scared hares, racing around coz they dont know how to play :/

Its even more sad that people here are supporting runners/running in general, guess they got also no clue of PvP.

And Elli you should know that such thing like teamwork is almost impossible in BSQ coz the one half are farmers and the other half dont understand english.

But sure lets act all like rebels, run around in BSQ, feed flags, sleepcatch and buffkill in every 1o1. Acting like a nib is so cool. Rules are made to be broken anyways~

#21 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:56 AM

Running with flags is just stupid, everyone whos enjoying pvp and got a bit gameplay would take a 1o1 or 1o3+ to proof his skills.

1vs3 isn't about showing his skill. That's just some tryhard.

Also why don't you mention 2vs2 ? I thought you guys wanted some actual teamwork.

Anyways, this topic has been ruined because of some people that wanted to claim their point of view of how PvP should be, which is not really surprising since the first post was already some complaining.

In conclusion, just PvP with your friend if you want to have some fun.
PvP against random player is mostly and will mostly be unfair. And nearly everygame is going that way.

#22 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:57 AM

+0 or +20, no res or all res, skilled or nub, any server, any region, you will see a runner in a bsq.

Why? Because, I repeat, the game mode is really flawed;
-It promotes stalling to win. Whether that be healing, running or wasting 100s of gold on items.
-Often has circles of friends/guilds that randoms get mixed up in.
-Unless you can 1-shot flags your total rewards will equal roughly 20-30g. When 20 minutes at an F1 spam is easily so many times more depending on speed.
-It narrows class diversity compared to other PvP modes. This is much more apparent end game, where it's one of 3 or re-build a new character.
-Team Swapping, death buff farming, alt-logging, afk'ing are frequent and even reporting them doesn't result in much.

#23 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:22 AM

That's what we are saying Coolsam.

Just because pvp is bad that doesn't mean it has to stay that way, we got people making changes to the game weekly now. Having solid pvp modes and balance is really important in keeping people engaged and playing.

This thread was about bsq rules, of which there really are none, just don't break game rules that's all. And that's how it should be. Were these problems to be solved there'd have to be changes to the actual game, not just made up rules, because this is a proper server. What those changes could be is a different conversation.

#24 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:16 PM

Coolsam, at some games there are rules, devised by pretty smart people, so runner get punished and then u wont see them for a while.

And i dont think BSQ was invented for running, its like a big group pvp.

Dont focus too much on BSQ and running tho, i was also talking about EW rules. But thx to some people this going out of hand.

Edited by Turpi, 29 March 2016 - 12:17 PM.

#25 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:03 PM

That's what we are saying Coolsam.

Just because pvp is bad that doesn't mean it has to stay that way, we got people making changes to the game weekly now. Having solid pvp modes and balance is really important in keeping people engaged and playing.

This thread was about bsq rules, of which there really are none, just don't break game rules that's all. And that's how it should be. Were these problems to be solved there'd have to be changes to the actual game, not just made up rules, because this is a proper server. What those changes could be is a different conversation.

That's actually true. Yes, a rule system would improve upon things. But topic upon topic of improvements, issues, and even full-scale revisions of the BSQ system have been made. It wouldn't surprise me if a BSQ 2.0 was high on the developer's list.

Coolsam, at some games there are rules, devised by pretty smart people, so runner get punished and then u wont see them for a while.

And i dont think BSQ was invented for running, its like a big group pvp.

Dont focus too much on BSQ and running tho, i was also talking about EW rules. But thx to some people this going out of hand.

Rules and things that were never taken into account by original dev team. That was a bad habit they possessed with changes they made. What doesn't help was that BSQ itself was introduced years ago, yet those devs never took proper notes from various server complaints. BSQ has "rules" you can actually report to GM's. I've even seen GM's willing to shadow a BSQ when these were reported to check for repeat offenses.

EW on the other hand, we have a rule system for this and it is much more enforced than BSQ. Temp-bans, strike systems, guild disbanding are all punishments I've witnessed for these things. Also like BSQ, it's a system that had flaws original devs never took into account caused by player exploitation.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users