Sura looking for gearset/build upgrade advice - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sura looking for gearset/build upgrade advice

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:54 AM

Long story short, I've had multiple characters I've leveled to trans and then ended up deleting because I didn't like them.

My current project is a Sura and I wish to build a good PVM gearset for it. Most of the gear I have at the moment has been transfered from those previous characters and I'm wondering what could be done with it to optimize it for this class. 

I'm planning to go the Flash Combo route to level but it doesn't seem to be able to 1-shot anything at the moment, such as the Zombie Slaughter mobs in the current Mid TI. So at the moment, it's a Sky Blow build.

Current stats: 

STR - 84

AGI - 72

VIT - 84

INT - 55

DEX - 60

LUK - 1

Head, top

+9 Rideword Hat [Dark Pinguicula]

Head, mid

Black Devil's Mask [Dark Pinguicula]

Head, low

Blood Sucker

Armor

Valkyrian Armor [PecoPeco]

Weapon

+7 Carga Mace [Hunter Fly x2], waiting to test a Thanatos Hammer when I get my next level.

Shield

+5 Immune Shield [Hodremlin]

Garment

+9 Fallen Angel Wing [Raydric] FS14

Shoes

Variant Shoes

Accessory 1

Chambered RWC 2012 Ring [Empty] INT+2 / HP+100 / FS3

Accessory 2

Chambered RWC 2012 Pendant [Phen] HP+200 / MATK+3% / MATK+1%

Special

Regular Shadow Equipment Set

My thoughts at the moment : 

• Replace the Rideword Hat for another one with a Bungisngis card instead for more HP for Flash Combo?
  • Armor, anything better to do there except a Tao that I cannot afford?
  • Will the Thanatos Hammer be better at leeching HP than the 2x Hunter Fly Carga? Have no problems with SP atm having an Incubus pet but HP leech isn't quite there yet.
  • Get the shield to +9
  • FS best enchant for the wings for me?
  • Get Firelock'ed enhanced variants?
  • Get a second RWC ring instead of the pendant and try to get 3x FS enchants on them? Or is it only possible 2x and the 3rd enchant doesn't have access to FS? (JUST got those things, irowiki page is a little confusing on RWC enchants)
  • Try and get a Gold Scaraba card on a ring...so much zenny u_u

Are those decent ideas or am I completly off track? All input appreciated.

Edited by Ilindith, 27 March 2016 - 08:54 AM.

#2 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 27 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

• You can if that extra HP makes a difference in terms of one or two shotting mobs. It's up to you mostly, personally I never bothered with switching the card in my RWH though.
  • Get a Glorious Suit asap, it's 800 KVM Badges so about 160 EMB.
  • Not too sure since I believe we don't know what the leech rates are on the Thanatos weapons. It should be similar if not better though, plus it has more attack so when the leech does proc you'll get more of your hp back. If hp leech is a really big issue you can replace your Incubus pet with a Succubus pet and see how it goes.
  • Would help slightly, but I would say not worth it if you have other gear you still need to buy/upgrade. If not though feel free.
  • It's between FS and Vit, not entirely sure which is better though.
  • No, once you hit around level 130 you should have enough stat points for 120 vit. At that point you should switch your garment and footgear for a Giant Faceworm Snake Skin (can be any enchants really) and a Fledged or +9 Superior Temporal Vit Boots. This will boost your HP massively and the combo is way better for flash combo than pretty much anything else you can wear. Prior to that you can just keep your FAW and Variants.
  • Both a Gold Scaraba card and prefect enchant RWCs are very pricey for the difference they make, which isn't much. Don't focus too much on your accessories right now, you can keep the Phen RWC but I'd recommend you replace the other one with a Medal of Honor. The only class I'd say benefit hugely from perfect roll RWCs are the ones that need variable cast reduction since two pendants together give -32%, which is huge. On other classes, especially physical ones, RWCs are more of a last priority min maxing type of thing. 

Edited by hotel, 27 March 2016 - 05:11 PM.

#3 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:37 PM

Didn't even know about the Glorious Suit, 20% HP would definitely be a massive help for the Tiger Cannon part.

Ended up testing the Thanatos vs Carga and it seemed to provide less healing overall. It was leeching more often, but for much less. Can't give any concrete evidence but my feeling was that I ended up having to use healing items more often with the Thanatos, it just couldn't heal me as much.

Think I might just +7 the shield for a bit more neutral reduction, cheaper than going +9.

More gear I didn't know about, lots of HP to get from that Faceworm and Boots, I like it!

Not sure how to get the Suit and the Medal though? And I see it has a set with the Glorious Ring. Should consider getting that also?

#4 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 27 March 2016 - 06:46 PM

You need KVM Badges for the suit. KVM Badges are supposed to come from playing Battlegrounds pvp, but since BG is dead most people get their KVM Badges by exchanging EMB for them. The rate is 1 EMB = 5 KVM Badges. You can exchange them with the NPC in the bottlem left corner of Eden, I've forgotten her name but she's on top of the couches and she exchanges EMB for other stuff. More info here: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Battlegrounds

The Medal on the other hand requires 500 Bravery or Valor Badges. You can get these by exchanging EMBs at the same NPC (and at the same rate), once you have them head to the Battlegrounds to trade them for the Medal.

Yes, if you can get it too, comboing the Glorious Ring with the Medal of Honor is really good. Do note though that if you default these two accessories you won't have uninterruptible cast, so make sure to keep a Phen accessory on hand to switch when you need to Zen/Windmill. 

#5 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:02 PM

So they can all be acquired without doing the battlegrounds then, good. I remember having looked into them a long time ago but ended up giving up on them. Didn't really remember why though.

Kinda forgot about the Phen, suppose I could keep the RWC ring and have it there.

Edited by Ilindith, 27 March 2016 - 07:03 PM.

#6 480131019225050943

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:07 PM

was thanatos carded? because in my case HF carded thanatos at +7 was over damaging and overhealing +9 2xHF carga, that was on higher levels though

#7 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

I did put a Hunter Fly into it. Maybe it scales better with higher damage? Currently using Sky Blow to AOE and I'm not doing more than 6000 per hit with it.

#8 Omelette

Omelette

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrying Pan
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 March 2016 - 01:30 AM

Hey, with your current equips it actually should be fine.

I used to one shot mid TI(during Hillslion and Ancient Centipede, can one shot Ragged but with fire convert) when my sura was 110ish, i could've soloed earlier but the lack of HIT makes it almost impossible.

This is my current equips

QRyqXAu.jpg

my temp vit is BP/Spell5 enchanted. Before i got 120 vit i was using temp dex BP/EA(any BP would do) before.

The damage increase when BP procs is too good to miss out.

And based on my experience, 2x HF Carga does procs leech more than HF Thana. But the damage increase is worth it imo. Just use Succu Egg to make up for it, helps a bit.

How much damage do you dish out normally? Do note that FC 5 is a must if you want to spam FC, the skill cooldown difference between FC3 to FC5 is a lot.

You dont have to one shot the mob, just snap out and FC the mob outside, mob will follow and be around you in time when the TC procs.

Edited by Omelette, 28 March 2016 - 01:33 AM.

#9 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:32 AM

Your gearset provides more HP than mine does so more damage on TC.

I'm a few thousands away from being able to get the zombies this week, the proposed gear by hotel would most likely give me that with the significant HP boost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users