exp, boosts and level cap. - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

exp, boosts and level cap.

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:...

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:14 PM

For the love of god dont raise the exp when cap is raised or give some crazy exp event in fact lower it b/c its no fun having everyone at cap and not even making them work for it. Then everyone will be saying there is lack in game continent or nothing to do anymore basically kinda like how it is now but on a bigger scale I would say. I can't see the point of being max lv if you were practically handed it. Dragon saga bka Dragonica has practically ditched the whole grind concept and has literary become something less than I or any vet can remember it as(talking only about the regular exp problem THQ era thing). I mean yes when a new person hears 200% exp boost yea thats gonna turn some heads maybe get more people idk but yea. Anyone see where I am going with this?

#2 kizaru

kizaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:15 PM

Ya i like games challenging games not games that are so easy like this one.

#3 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:18 PM

Ya i like games challenging games not games that are so easy like this one.

Simplistic level 5 Mage

#4 Enveus

Enveus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

I say it should just stay back to normal where it was before how it was set when we first came to warpportal dragon saga.
Thing is, its not that its not challenging when exp is lowered, it just makes the lower level grind more and f6 more, thats pretty much it unless you guys want to implant even more quests for players to do. When exp is lowered, spawning even more f6 and grind doesn't really sound challenging right? Pretty much just makes it more boring for players =_=

#5 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:23 PM

The exp was lowered already people last week what more do you want :)

#6 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:28 PM

When exp is lowered, spawning even more f6 and grind doesn't really sound challenging right? Pretty much just makes it more boring for players =_=

This game used to be about grinding.....
Also agree with being able to farm sets. Farming and buying gada seems like a waste of time once you get to a certain point.

I think your talking about exp event ending if so thats not lowering at all just regular amount of exp coming back.

#7 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:29 PM

IKR it was lowered so much from the regular exp before that exp event
like before the exp event I get about 5k exp a kill from f6 arkah and it went to about 3k after exp event passed by

#8 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

I'd rather this game not turn back into a ridiculous grindfest

#9 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:36 PM

I'd rather this game not turn back into a ridiculous grindfest

What I mean is to not spoon feed anymore.

IKR it was lowered so much from the regular exp before that exp event
like before the exp event I get about 5k exp a kill from f6 arkah and it went to about 3k after exp event passed by

Grind......

Edited by iceranger, 02 December 2010 - 06:37 PM.

#10 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:37 PM

This game used to be about grinding.....
Also agree with being able to farm sets. Farming and buying gada seems like a waste of time once you get to a certain point.

I think your talking about exp event ending if so thats not lowering at all just regular amount of exp coming back.

Nah man
I'm talking about the BASE exp has been lowered I played before the exp event and after the exp as well as talked to a bunch of guildies and vets and friends and the consensus is the base exp has been lowered

And you know what don't classify me as one of the lowbies complaining about more exp I'm not that fond of reaching cap in less than a months time but still...I'm mainly concerned with the fact that we had no official response saying that it was lowered and that's what bugs me the most besides the dcs

Edited by Tangelo, 02 December 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#11 kizaru

kizaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:44 PM

Simplistic level 5 Mage

Your an idiot lol

#12 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City
  • Server:Vyvern [US]

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

more challenging the game is, more people play.

#13 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

Your an idiot lol

Don't worry, I'm a level 5 mage too. GBPmule is big pro. I think I even have the 300 combo medal, but I could be mistaken.

#14 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

There is a massive difference between challenging and 987328974289748972398 hours to level. Do you honestly believe that you can make a game more challenging by adding play time? I mean the only time that you can actually die is when you hit a massive server lag spike, other then that as long as you don't run out of pots you're more or less invincible.

#15 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:11 PM

TDo you honestly believe that you can make a game more challenging by adding play time? I mean the only time that you can actually die is when you hit a massive server lag spike, other then that as long as you don't run out of pots you're more or less invincible.

YES
No there are people who die in mm and other things all the time. People who aren't geared well enough etc will die in vc, cellu etc.

#16 rickyleung90

rickyleung90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

i like the high exp. less grind = more fun. just personal opinion.

#17 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

YES
No there are people who die in mm and other things all the time. People who aren't geared well enough etc will die in vc, cellu etc.

I died in VC 3 times last night. qq

#18 Zxasde

Zxasde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

Lol never have a i seen somone start a Thread about making the EXP rates Lower wtf .-.

#19 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:20 PM

Lol never have a i seen somone start a Thread about making the EXP rates Lower wtf .-.

Its just he wants less competition

#20 Enveus

Enveus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

Lol grinding fest is not challenging, just more time wasted and more boring.
And also, its not really that much of a spoon feed with the original exp that we first had, it was perfect i thought. Still if you really want more challenging things for this game, I say we can lower the exp BUT have more
quests that gives fair amount of exp. ( More challenging quest ) Or more MM.

By just reducing the exp gain overall and leaving the game as it is just kind of discourage people to level up =_=

#21 kensou2k8

kensou2k8

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew York City

I could save 15% or more EXP, by switching to GEICO. In all seriousness, the EXP rate is not THAT terrible, it's actually quite tolerable, it don't bother "me" none. =]

#22 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Exactly. More people who can hit him = less people he has to PvP. Personally, I want more people to be capped so that there's more things to do.

#23 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

If you played back in THQ where you actually had to work for you lv vs now where its handed to you then you would know what I'm talking about. If you were a vet you would almost feel cheated when you see how fast people are doing what may have taken you so long to accomplish. I mean 6x can be achieved now in a fraction of them time. You want proof? Log in...

Really I could care less about that. Theres already a huge 6x population so you have no point.

Edited by iceranger, 02 December 2010 - 07:28 PM.

#24 Zxasde

Zxasde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:23 PM

That's a very dumb reason to lower the EXP rates just becuase her/she/it does not want players to max out fast does not mean anything. I would LOve to MAx out fast so I can help some of the lower Level players with Misson and stuff easyer.

#25 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:25 PM

If you played back in THQ where you actually had to work for you lv vs now where its handed to you'd know what im talking about.

What are you talking about leveling was hard back then?
Leveling was beyond easy I got 2 level 60s in under 1 month from level 20s
now if you ask me thats pretty damn fast

That's a very dumb reason to lower the EXP rates just becuase her/she/it does not want players to max out fast does not mean anything. I would LOve to MAx out fast so I can help some of the lower Level players with Misson and stuff easyer.

Right? Helping out new people is fun sometimes and you also sometimes get Achievements for it too
And to top it off you might be remembered by that person you helped and when they get better at the game they might offer some help to you when you need it :)

Edited by AppleEater, 02 December 2010 - 07:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users