exp, boosts and level cap. - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

exp, boosts and level cap.

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#26 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

Challenging? Leveling in this game... challenging? I've leveled 3 characters to 6x in mediocre gear while half awake. Honestly, in the end I can probably level without even having the monitor turned on. Same spawns, same skill sequence, over and over again. So much challenge.

#27 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Server:...

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:33 PM

What are you talking about leveling was hard back then?
Leveling was beyond easy I got 2 level 60s in under 1 month from level 20s
now if you ask me thats pretty damn fast

Re read what I said. I said regular exp rates not that imba exp event where some went 0-60 in a week. I remember asurablade doing this myself.

Edited by iceranger, 02 December 2010 - 07:34 PM.

#28 MmmStevie

MmmStevie

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

I dont think people lvling faster is the issue and I also dont believe that this game is all about grinding and lvling. Personally I hate grinding for hours and hours. you get to experience more of the game with a more steady leveling flow! As long as there is enough game content to keep you satisfied people reaching the level cap at the same time shouldnt be a problem! http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#29 Zxasde

Zxasde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:43 PM

Grinding makes Zxasde a very very Unhappy blackman but as I see the exp rates now they are fine.

#30 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:48 PM

I dont think people lvling faster is the issue and I also dont believe that this game is all about grinding and lvling. Personally I hate grinding for hours and hours. you get to experience more of the game with a more steady leveling flow! As long as there is enough game content to keep you satisfied people reaching the level cap at the same time shouldnt be a problem! http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

It used to be but now its the total opposite. They way leveling was looked at then compared to now its just unbelievable.

Edited by iceranger, 02 December 2010 - 07:48 PM.

#31 MmmStevie

MmmStevie

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:53 PM

It used to be but now its the total opposite. They way leveling was looked at then compared to now its just unbelievable.

Yeah the pace is definently a lot different, I enjoy it though :) Even if there was a little less of an exp rate being dished out I'd be okay with that just nothing too crazy I dont want an eternal grindfest.

#32 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

Yeah the pace is definently a lot different, I enjoy it though :) Even if there was a little less of an exp rate being dished out I'd be okay with that just nothing too crazy I dont want an eternal grindfest.

I'll just say this. You've been on a car ride right? You must likely had a hand held, cell phone or something else that kept you occupied. The trip went on like nothing only thing was you messed all the things going on around you. This time pretend you didn't have those items and you were forced to pay attention to whats going on around you. Then you experience the full content as of whats going on around you. Thats kinda the point of what I am saying.

Edited by iceranger, 02 December 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#33 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:02 PM

Re read what I said. I said regular exp rates not that imba exp event where some went 0-60 in a week. I remember asurablade doing this myself.

I didn't do this during the massive exp event I did this during the normal exp event

#34 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:06 PM

I'll just say this. You've been on a car ride right? You must likely had a hand held, cell phone or something else that kept you occupied. The trip went on like nothing only thing was you messed all the things going on around you. This time pretend you didn't have those items and you were forced to pay attention to whats going on around you. Then you experience the full content as of whats going on around you. Thats kinda the point of what I am saying.

So I want be forced to run repetitive kill this missions, let's just have em shoved down our throats at every turn now? It used to be a horrific grinding experience before gravity hit and I still didn't go do all the quests and other side crap. With lower rates what you'll see is more people farming sets, souls and wps to avoid the horrific grind that you must persevere through to cap.

#35 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

So I want be forced to run repetitive kill this missions, let's just have em shoved down our throats at every turn now? It used to be a horrific grinding experience before gravity hit and I still didn't go do all the quests and other side crap. With lower rates what you'll see is more people farming sets, souls and wps to avoid the horrific grind that you must persevere through to cap.

Would it make you feel better if I use the term more lightly er something?

I didn't do this during the massive exp event I did this during the normal exp event

Well what you do in your free time doesn't concern me. Also we had so much time to get two 6x characters. Once you got one 60 just do that again and then we still had THQ manning us.

Edited by iceranger, 02 December 2010 - 08:09 PM.

#36 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

If you played back in THQ where you actually had to work for you lv vs now where its handed to you then you would know what I'm talking about. If you were a vet you would almost feel cheated when you see how fast people are doing what may have taken you so long to accomplish. I mean 6x can be achieved now in a fraction of them time. You want proof? Log in...

Really I could care less about that. Theres already a huge 6x population so you have no point.

You are just jealous about new comers. If u feel like this then why dont u start a new character and lvl it up! It'll be fast right!
And also back in THQ u had the possibility to farm rare items such as hookah hats or rokko helm but we dont hav. Consider it as a compensation for easy lvling :)

Edited by shadowkun, 02 December 2010 - 08:10 PM.

#37 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:09 PM

You are just jealous about new comers. If u feel like this then why dont u start a new character and lvl it up! It'll be fast right!

+1

#38 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

Why? hm Lets see I got some 6x characters of my own from all the time wasted. Oh and jealous? Not really I got my 6x through going through the :) exp rates and now leveling is just as much a joke and the PvE. I guess it would make sense low lvs and new comers would act like you seeing how they all want end game at a modified speed(not all). You would think when you hear end game it would be something that you'd actually have to some what commit to. Now its just a joke like PvE always was.

Edited by iceranger, 02 December 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#39 rickyleung90

rickyleung90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

+1

#40 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

lol this thread is a hot topic xD

#41 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

Why? hm Lets see I got some 6x characters of my own from all the time wasted. Oh and jealous? Not really I got my 6x through going through the :P exp rates and now leveling is just as much a joke and the PvE. I guess it would make sense low lvs and new comers would act like you seeing how they all want end game and a modified speed(not all). You would think when you hear end game it would be something that you'd actually have to some what commit to. Now its just a joke like PvE always was.

Then stop complaining about the exp if your not even gonna get any exp since your maxed out :)

#42 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

Then stop complaining about the exp if your not even gonna get any exp since your maxed out :)

You missed the point entirely + this is just facts but yea who doesn't want things in life the easy way?

#43 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

You missed the point entirely + this is just facts but yea who doesn't want things in life the easy way?

i too am against ridiculous exp events, but we should have the normal rate back... what we're getting right now is a joke, its below thq levels, and i'm sure nobody will argue on that point.

Edited by Severfang, 02 December 2010 - 08:30 PM.

#44 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:33 PM

i too am against ridiculous exp events, but we should have the normal rate back... what we're getting right now is a joke, its below thq levels, and i'm sure nobody will argue on that point.

Something should be here to at least put a slow on lvs maybe not at lower lvs but maybe once you get like mid 5x er something cause I mean being 6x and being able to get from 0 to lv in one day phew in the old days that was like impossiable.

u had the possibility to farm rare items such as hookah hats or rokko helm but we dont hav.

I just saw this I guess you havent gotten lucky huh? scared happy?. What I have and others have that you can not get is kimart wing and some neck. Just two items other than that you could have all the same gear as me if you wanted to. Judging from what items you listed kimart and the neck wont mater much to you since you must be under level 60. I could be wrong but I'm thinking your under 60.

Edited by iceranger, 02 December 2010 - 08:54 PM.

#45 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

I just saw this I guess you havent gotten lucky huh? You can get those items in F6 from guessing the right side monsters will first spawn. What I have and others have that you can not get is kimart wing and some neck. Just two items other than that you could have all the same gear as me if you wanted to. Judging from what items you listed kimart and the neck wont mater much to you since you must be under level 60. I could be wrong but I'm thinking your under 60.

hookah hat. rocker helm. these arent from rare monsters, these are boss drops. the items no longer drop. please learn what you're talking about... or provide a source saying that the BOSS drops actually occur in f6

and you're saying the exp rate should be lowered after a certain point? nobody likes a grind that takes days to level once. thats acceptable at 60+ but from 55-60 should not take more than a week of grinds. (yes thats a slow rate anyway, but most people work for a living)

Edited by Severfang, 02 December 2010 - 08:39 PM.

#46 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City
  • Server:Vyvern [US]

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

talk about WoW being so challenging nowadays so more people join and play instead of leveling like crazy and getting bored of it and leaving like crazy. Think about it. What does WoW do to become to famous? Graphics suck. Gameplay is slow paced. PvP is pretty good. ITS THE CHALLENGE.

And also if more people level fast and create more characters, what would you do with them? sell them? Who would want to buy characters in this game anyways? Also, harder leveling and grinding means more people PLAYING together.

Also, the economy would go haywire because the higher the level people are but their gold amount just sucks? Then pretty much the economy would have to readjust itself again, and fast. (even now lol)

Plus, did u guys ever reach the max level yet? Obviously not because what's the point of complaining then? The joy of having your own achievement and creation is the best thing u can feel and be happy about.

#47 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

hookah hat. rocker helm. these arent from rare monsters, these are boss drops. the items no longer drop. please learn what you're talking about... or provide a source saying that the BOSS drops actually occur in f6

Explain gold beetle pendant plz I mean that is a boss drop correct? If not I'll go back edit that.

#48 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:37 PM

talk about WoW being so challenging nowadays so more people join and play instead of leveling like crazy and getting bored of it and leaving like crazy. Think about it. What does WoW do to become to famous? Graphics suck. Gameplay is slow paced. PvP is pretty good. ITS THE CHALLENGE.

And also if more people level fast and create more characters, what would you do with them? sell them? Who would want to buy characters in this game anyways? Also, harder leveling and grinding means more people PLAYING together.

Also, the economy would go haywire because the higher the level people are but their gold amount just sucks? Then pretty much the economy would have to readjust itself again, and fast. (even now lol)

Plus, did u guys ever reach the max level yet? Obviously not because what's the point of complaining then? The joy of having your own achievement and creation is the best thing u can feel and be happy about.

you sir

#49 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

you sir

^ double posting. gz. also, its not worth the time if it takes that long with so few rewards.
gold beetle pendant is from the rare monster, not the boss. ellu crown doesnt drop, vella wings dont drop.
examples of things that do:

Shackle of Curse
Skeleton Bandage
Yeti Belt
Gold Beetle Pendant

stuff from RARE MONSTERS that appear in f6 drop equips.
BOSSES dont drop equips in f6, or in hidden maps.

Heirloom is Heirloom.

Edited by Severfang, 02 December 2010 - 08:45 PM.

#50 rickyleung90

rickyleung90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

how is more grinding a challange? a challange is when you can die easy. like in wow, raids often ends up wiping. thats challenge. lots of grind = boring, not challange.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users