exp, boosts and level cap. - Page 3 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

exp, boosts and level cap.

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#51 iceranger

iceranger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1387 posts
  • LocationPallet Town
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:...

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:56 PM

how is more grinding a challange? a challange is when you can die easy. like in wow, raids often ends up wiping. thats challenge. lots of grind = boring, not challange.

At least not a hand off.

#52 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

At least not a hand off.

normal exp rates vs more difficult monsters? i think most would be willing to make that trade-off to really separate the good players from the significantly less skilled. although the only way to buff monsters really at this point is increasing damage and health, seeing as our skills can stop them from attacking altogether, and when we're hit they do the same to us. difference is we have some decent range on most classes

#53 Kazra

Kazra

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:13 PM

volke's terrible attempt at grammar is making my head spin. From what you've said in this thread, I'll just conclude that you're jealous of the fact that new players don't have to grind as much as you once did.

Lets see... THQICE gave us several 2-3x exp boosts... you never complained there? Oh wait, you weren't capped back then. I get your logic now.

PvE is never going to become difficult in Dragon Saga unless Barunson decides to make normal monsters that can kill xandiel in four to five hits.

Edited by Kazra, 02 December 2010 - 09:16 PM.

#54 rickyleung90

rickyleung90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:14 PM

normal exp rates vs more difficult monsters?

i would settle for this. make all monster damage double, and leave alone the original high exp. that would be much more fun.

#55 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

volke's terrible attempt at grammar is making my head spin. From what you've said in this thread, I'll just conclude that you're jealous of the fact that new players don't have to grind as much as you once did.

Lets see... THQICE gave us several 2-3x exp boosts... you never complained there? Oh wait, you weren't capped back then. I get your logic now.

^ this. he realizes now how boring it is after all that grind and would prefer to whine about how low exp rates are when the cap gets raised. how about using a character only when theres no exp event eh? that'd be my 57 harlequin volke. YuriLowell has not been trained more than 2-4 hours in any one experience event beyond level 47. my 52 ninja? even my 50 pathfinder wasnt touched during exp events!

i would settle for this. make all monster damage double, and leave alone the original high exp. that would be much more fun.

though doubling monster damage in van cliff wouldnt be such a good idea. putting those enchants on all monsters though would be good...

so how about for normal exp rates you change monsters in f6/hidden/chaos maps to enchanted monsters, and put normal exp back at van cliff?

Edited by Severfang, 02 December 2010 - 09:22 PM.

#56 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:35 PM

If it's too easy to level for you don't do quests and f6 just stick with f4 and CSS like in the good ol' days. I've been through this hundreds of times, making a game harder for yourself is incredibly easy. Frankly sfing things should be something you should do in this game if you want a challenge.

Edited by LadiThePKK, 02 December 2010 - 09:47 PM.

#57 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:48 PM

If it's too easy to level for you don't do quests and f6 just stick with f4 and CSS like in the good ol' days. I've been through this hundreds of times, making a game harder for yourself is incredibly easy. Frankly sfing things should be something you shoulddo in this game if you want a challenge.

^ and unfortunately due to problems with staying connected, nobody wants to run css ever, so i'm actually running 2-3 solo runs a day :/

#58 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:54 PM

^ and unfortunately due to problems with staying connected, nobody wants to run css ever, so i'm actually running 2-3 solo runs a day :/

I know BGE had some power outages in bmore on Wednesday and comcast had a pretty big mess in the east coast last week. Though I don't think those are the only reasons.

#59 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:59 PM

PvE is never going to become difficult in Dragon Saga unless Barunson decides to make normal monsters that can kill xandiel in four to five hits.

Remember that one 400% event >.<

#60 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:02 PM

Even then it still took 16 hours of CSS to get from 61 - 65 ( not 100%)

#61 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

Even then it still took 16 hours of CSS to get from 61 - 65 ( not 100%)

Although it was a ridiculous amount of grinding back then in order to 65

#62 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

Yeah and a bunch of people didn't get to participate in it because THQ*ICE effed up their servers and was blocking IP's. When they fixed it (AFTER A WEEK) the exp was over. They gave another one...which wasn't nearly as high as the the one before.

I really hate you THQ.

#63 AppleEater

AppleEater

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1020 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

Yeah and a bunch of people didn't get to participate in it because THQ*ICE effed up their servers and was blocking IP's. When they fixed it (AFTER A WEEK) the exp was over. They gave another one...which wasn't nearly as high as the the one before.

I really hate you THQ.

LOL during those times all i did was talk to people xD

#64 shadowkun

shadowkun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:09 AM

I just saw this I guess you havent gotten lucky huh? scared happy?. What I have and others have that you can not get is kimart wing and some neck. Just two items other than that you could have all the same gear as me if you wanted to. Judging from what items you listed kimart and the neck wont mater much to you since you must be under level 60. I could be wrong but I'm thinking your under 60.
[/quote]

Sigh, its futile to reason someone like you. Enjoy seeing low-lvl players level at terrifying speed!!! Reaching high lvls like u in a few weeks! Whatever you may say its currently the truth. :P

PEACE.

#65 CHiSEEN

CHiSEEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:17 AM

Someone should hack the gold market so we can get a rollback and 300% EXP event.

#66 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:47 AM

IKR it was lowered so much from the regular exp before that exp event
like before the exp event I get about 5k exp a kill from f6 arkah and it went to about 3k after exp event passed by

sup pro :)
---
OK resume:
Exp Lowered, I've asked many friends and some people in my guild and they agreed with me.

That's all Folks :)
ah, 4k to 5k exp with resting points in Arka f6... huh :P

Edited by Misuu, 05 December 2010 - 07:49 AM.

#67 Deathrowz

Deathrowz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationTdot !

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:06 AM

i disapprove with this thread. instead how bout if there is an exp event you dont grind o.o..

#68 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

Exp will probably just be returned to what it was when Dragon Saga first opened, since it got lowered after the thanksgiving event. Personally, I'm fine with more players being 6x-cap. It might be harder for low lvl players to find parties due to the gaps created because of the rates, but if higher rates means having more people to party with for endgame activities, I really can't complain.

And Volke, you have kimart wings and probably other items such as beta balloons to prove that you have been playing the game longer than new players. Everyone knows we had crappy base rates in dragonsaga. If it really matters, you can always screen shot your player creation date. If you lvled the hard way, the new players having a relatively easier time shouldn't detract from your accomplishment of reaching the cap. We've had bogus exp events and rates at times on THQ, so why does this increase matter? Old players have boss items, cash armor sets, and back items that new players can't get anymore (except by purchasing from old players). That is a good enough reward for having to deal with the bad base rates on THQ and other annoyances, IMHO.

btw, I agree with whoever suggested increasing the damage that mobs do (not bosses, regular mobs).

Edited by Maronu, 05 December 2010 - 09:21 AM.

#69 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:31 AM

Exp will probably just be returned to what it was when Dragon Saga first opened, since it got lowered after the thanksgiving event. Personally, I'm fine with more players being 6x-cap. It might be harder for low lvl players to find parties due to the gaps created because of the rates, but if higher rates means having more people to party with for endgame activities, I really can't complain.

And Volke, you have kimart wings and probably other items such as beta balloons to prove that you have been playing the game longer than new players. Everyone knows we had crappy base rates in dragonsaga. If it really matters, you can always screen shot your player creation date. If you lvled the hard way, the new players having a relatively easier time shouldn't detract from your accomplishment of reaching the cap. We've had bogus exp events and rates at times on THQ, so why does this increase matter? Old players have boss items, cash armor sets, and back items that new players can't get anymore (except by purchasing from old players). That is a good enough reward for having to deal with the bad base rates on THQ and other annoyances, IMHO.

btw, I agree with whoever suggested increasing the damage that mobs do (not bosses, regular mobs).

^+1. Btw, the THQ players got inventory increase as well. Plenty of room to farm items and keep them.

My opinion: I've been a player of Dragonica for a long tine. But due to certain events I stopped playing for a really long time.

EXP RATES:

As far as I'm concerned, I would like to get maxed as well. I liked the normal rates because I do many things during the day. (School, homework, hanging out with friends, chores, keeping up with friends on Call of Duty Black Ops and other MMOs) It's nice to know that I can sort of keep up the pace with other players, even if they're grinding like the world was ending tomorrow. EXP rates going down is a nono for me. I do daily quest and guild quests anyway.

NORMAL RATES: MAKING NEW CHARACTERS

I don't see why the pros are complaining. Make a new character, preferably a class you haven't tried yet. Then when that char is done, you can just pool all the materials that you got easier from the low lvs to your main. I have plenty of items from playing different characters. Try the characters yourself. Heck, you might even learn something new.

Exp rates should be back to normal. Just because you have hit the lvl cap doesn't mean that you have the power to ruin the rest of the game to us. If the higher rate is good or not, that's for the individual to decide. Just hope that Gravity plans drop rate events or something to take your mind off lving.

Edited by DarkWyvern, 05 December 2010 - 11:46 AM.

#70 rickyleung90

rickyleung90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 11:57 AM

i dont really understand why everyone wants higher exp, while the server is so lag its not playable.
or is it just me who is lagging?

#71 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 05 December 2010 - 12:00 PM

i dont really understand why everyone wants higher exp, while the server is so lag its not playable.
or is it just me who is lagging?

I don't lag whatsoever now. =|

#72 limposo

limposo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

we dont need exp event

since leveling is just easy

if you make hunter quest and guid quest, its aprox 50% everyday, even on higher levels

making exp events just increase ppl that dont even know how to play with his char

=/

#73 aires

aires

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • LocationAustralia >:3

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

we dont need exp event

since leveling is just easy

if you make hunter quest and guid quest, its aprox 50% everyday, even on higher levels

making exp events just increase ppl that dont even know how to play with his char

=/

lol i never have any more motivation to grind anymore since exp rate dropped terribly
i would do hunter quest but its too long and tiring LOL >.< i just want our NORMAL exp rate back, i dont want exp event or anything..

#74 KiroAmi

KiroAmi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:The only one?

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

For the love of god dont raise the exp when cap is raised or give some crazy exp event in fact lower it b/c its no fun having everyone at cap and not even making them work for it. Then everyone will be saying there is lack in game continent or nothing to do anymore basically kinda like how it is now but on a bigger scale I would say. I can't see the point of being max lv if you were practically handed it. Dragon saga bka Dragonica has practically ditched the whole grind concept and has literary become something less than I or any vet can remember it as(talking only about the regular exp problem THQ era thing). I mean yes when a new person hears 200% exp boost yea thats gonna turn some heads maybe get more people idk but yea. Anyone see where I am going with this?

Whiners gonna whine volke. Just shut up and you dont have to grind if you dont want the exp boost or anything. Let us, the lowbies enjoy the exp boost or higher exp rates just like you when you were grinding like hell because of the exp boost from THQ eh.

#75 Devikn

Devikn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationDragon Saga

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:49 AM

You are just jealous about new comers. If u feel like this then why dont u start a new character and lvl it up! It'll be fast right!
And also back in THQ u had the possibility to farm rare items such as hookah hats or rokko helm but we dont hav. Consider it as a compensation for easy lvling :D

+1

Totally Agree.

In fact, veterans from THQ have a slightly advantage by having Boss Items and better Heirloom Equipments, also, alot more of stuff was available back then in THQ, so they can sell such stuff for a great amount of gold and become even more rich than the newcomers.

Its easy to say "Lower Exp Rates" after you reach the max level cap, and also, i dont find it fun nor challenging to spam F6 500 times to get a level up, but boring, as like you suggested by "Grind".
Challenging would be watching the 6x population to increase and get powerful, so you can have more people to fight in a PVP, BattleSquare, and in a future Emporia War.

Now, if you want something really challenging, you could suggest them to make everybody level 1 again, and to grind with the reduced exp that you are suggesting, then that would be fair.

Lets just wish the EXP rate get back to normal, and people can grind normally like before, which was already challenging and fun, because its impossible to level up getting 1-2k per mob at level 56.

With all respect, but disagreeing of your suggestion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users