jimkeecn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:18 AM

Hi

My sorc currently is 167/47 and full support type.

I wanna transfer to pure spellfist build for purely mvping purpose.

I have all pretty good matk gears.

if i wanna go purely spellfist what stats should i go for?and skills?

what acheivement that can i be?can i deal more than 200k in one spellfist with proper gears?

thankss

#2 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:39 PM

+9 magician night's cap [something lichtern]

i'm not a pure spellfister so the only thing I can point out is imp/siroma card and LOTS of MATK gears. keep your aspd at 192 at most.

gears are bolt dependant, if you want to maximize the potency. a lot of mix and match will be needed, like, if you want to wear shield, or if you can get 192 aspd with two-handed staff, etc etc. not to mention if you need to use book for study's extra aspd, or if you don't like having ventus out because aqua have more atk and so on. you need to state a specific preference and budget (you stated you have all pretty good matk gears, is it safe to say that you have +9 MNC carded with Fenrir?).

#3 jimkeecn

jimkeecn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:19 PM

+9 magician night's cap [something lichtern]

i'm not a pure spellfister so the only thing I can point out is imp/siroma card and LOTS of MATK gears. keep your aspd at 192 at most.

gears are bolt dependant, if you want to maximize the potency. a lot of mix and match will be needed, like, if you want to wear shield, or if you can get 192 aspd with two-handed staff, etc etc. not to mention if you need to use book for study's extra aspd, or if you don't like having ventus out because aqua have more atk and so on. you need to state a specific preference and budget (you stated you have all pretty good matk gears, is it safe to say that you have +9 MNC carded with Fenrir?).

Hi spikexp
I have read a lot comments about sorcerer from you. And I gained some knowledge about HS/SF sorcerer . But still before I jump into this build I think I may still need more information about it.
Let me specify my situation. Currently my states build is 40str(weight purpose) 1agi 120vit 120int 90dex 1 luk. My build is +12CoDKK switch with +9skullcap , +12tsod spell8 , FaW deviling spell max, temp Dex boots LD/spell, double max spell enchant pendant(one Elvivir card). Various armor and shield.
I know SF dmg is kinda base on your matk, but I have seen people using atk gears in videos which is 1-2 years old.
I wanna know if I only aim for pure SF build how much can I do. What gears should I choice within my budgets(which is no MVP card, and use max 1.5b zeny to renew my gears.
My major goal is to aim for fast killing faceworm queen and Valk/Ifrit/bios/
Also I don't want to give up physical wave / ME / etc which I can be viable base on party needs.

Edited by jimkeecn, 03 April 2016 - 02:25 PM.

#4 jimkeecn

jimkeecn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:21 PM

Sorry my shoes it's temp int boot with LD/Spell. Do I need AD/spell or LD is much better if I can make my aspd to 192?
I would like to use state foods and aspd increase potions before fight.
(Also I would prefer using boss shield if I can achieve aspd 192 still. Or what is the best weapon for SF)

Edited by jimkeecn, 03 April 2016 - 02:23 PM.

#5 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:07 PM

tl;dr less STR/VIT/DEX more AGI/LUK, +9 element mnc, element bdm, imp/siroma/Elvira accessories, check MATK vs 192 ASPD for the rest of the gears.

1 agi is bad no matter how you look at it. ATK have no part in SF unless you don't want to lose DPS from having too much ASPD - which is still low compared if you max out your MATK output.

start by switching out your skull cap/cod whichever useless and get different MNC/BDM for different element. we don't really have that many choices for lower headgear, use whatever you like. ninja scroll/djinn marinn balloon comes to mind. get more RWC pendants for each accessory cards (imp/siroma you already have Elvira for lightning bolt). several other acc worth mentioning are pendant of maelstrom and magic intensifier. I haven't look into the new sara earring if there's a good enchant for SF.

now see if you can have aspd as high as 192 after you omit those points from VIT and STR (use gym passes for weight limit) to AGI. NEVER make yourself armor dependent for aspd/matk. have various armor for various elements. if you're going to use shield, there's another penalty you're going to get.

now it boils down to garment, shoes, and finally weapon. here's where you mix and match.

if you want to default garment with deviling then you definitely need to wear aspd gears elsewhere, namely a INT boots with AD/something. if you think INT AD would not circulate and unfavorable on the market then feel free to default INT Spell. look for ASPD elsewhere, like a +9 Ledger of Death (that's another 9%) which can also be enchanted with various stuffs ranging from ASPD+1 to spell6. if you really like your TSoD then you definitely should give up spell enchant on your FAW and go ASPD. one way or another you might see some enchants are favorable on the market but the other one will be gimped and only your sorc can use it.

here's an aspd calculator you can use: j.mp/iROASPDCalc

I will not calculate which setup yields the most MATK while keeping 192 aspd so i'll leave that to yourself :V

#6 jimkeecn

jimkeecn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

tl;dr less STR/VIT/DEX more AGI/LUK, +9 element mnc, element bdm, imp/siroma/Elvira accessories, check MATK vs 192 ASPD for the rest of the gears.

1 agi is bad no matter how you look at it. ATK have no part in SF unless you don't want to lose DPS from having too much ASPD - which is still low compared if you max out your MATK output.

start by switching out your skull cap/cod whichever useless and get different MNC/BDM for different element. we don't really have that many choices for lower headgear, use whatever you like. ninja scroll/djinn marinn balloon comes to mind. get more RWC pendants for each accessory cards (imp/siroma you already have Elvira for lightning bolt). several other acc worth mentioning are pendant of maelstrom and magic intensifier. I haven't look into the new sara earring if there's a good enchant for SF.

now see if you can have aspd as high as 192 after you omit those points from VIT and STR (use gym passes for weight limit) to AGI. NEVER make yourself armor dependent for aspd/matk. have various armor for various elements. if you're going to use shield, there's another penalty you're going to get.

now it boils down to garment, shoes, and finally weapon. here's where you mix and match.

if you want to default garment with deviling then you definitely need to wear aspd gears elsewhere, namely a INT boots with AD/something. if you think INT AD would not circulate and unfavorable on the market then feel free to default INT Spell. look for ASPD elsewhere, like a +9 Ledger of Death (that's another 9%) which can also be enchanted with various stuffs ranging from ASPD+1 to spell6. if you really like your TSoD then you definitely should give up spell enchant on your FAW and go ASPD. one way or another you might see some enchants are favorable on the market but the other one will be gimped and only your sorc can use it.

here's an aspd calculator you can use: j.mp/iROASPDCalc

I will not calculate which setup yields the most MATK while keeping 192 aspd so i'll leave that to yourself :V

Thanks for the really speicific explaination. once i reach 175 i will start working on those gears.

And one more questions if i could ask.

what damage do you acheive for your Spell Fist??is it good for mvp??? cuz i cant test it

however i watch video where sorcerer around 105 could spellfist 20k per hit if using right element and right gears.

so i wanna know what a max level sorc can do!?

#7 jimkeecn

jimkeecn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 05:14 PM

And the most important!...you have been described in other post. you mentioned that DEX (hit) is not really needed because it seems that SF does not affect by hit. is it true?so do i need a lot dex?

my preference state at 175 would be at least 100agi 120int 100 vit. and the rest will put on dex/luk if str is not really needed

after the caculate, to acheive asp192:

AGI 130 = 100(base) +(20statefood) + bonus(vip or job)

DEX 90 

Use Concentration Potion, Awakening Potion, Celomance Juice and with +9 Magician hat

with two hand Rod/one had rod

So do i still need aspd wing? or AD?????

My thought is if i can, i prefer more damage than apsd if i can achieve 192 when i use food and potions.

Edited by jimkeecn, 03 April 2016 - 05:19 PM.

#8 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 09:44 PM

actually i'm not sure about that hit part. my current build right now is not a pure spellfist, it has 1 DEX. and it's on pending as i have just sold my spell FAW and i definitely cant level without it.

though, just a month ago (lol) i tried messing with my other spellfist sorc (around level 110) and dish like- i dont really remember, 30k? 50k? per hit against respective element (couldnt guess my total DPS, the mobs died after 1~2 hits). i think that one have a little bit of DEX, dont remember. but I DIDNT MISS A SINGLE HIT against mysteltainn (the one at dragonhelm quest) or acidus. they supposedly to have a quite high flee vs my sorc.

but then i went like wtf is this so i reset it into standard caster xD

if you can get 192 before aspd costume garment then you might wanna lower your agi for somewhere else like LUK. and you dont really need AD for your boots. you can also use a RWC knife if you wish. nice little extra from the pendant combo. but as some has stated, you need the non-slotted one so you'll lose one imp/siroma/elvira slot. also, 3 LUK = 1 MATK, 5 DEX = 1 MATK, so that should be your priority after 192 aspd.

#9 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:23 AM

And the most important!...you have been described in other post. you mentioned that DEX (hit) is not really needed because it seems that SF does not affect by hit. is it true?so do i need a lot dex?

my preference state at 175 would be at least 100agi 120int 100 vit. and the rest will put on dex/luk if str is not really needed

after the caculate, to acheive asp192:

AGI 130 = 100(base) +(20statefood) + bonus(vip or job)

DEX 90 

Use Concentration Potion, Awakening Potion, Celomance Juice and with +9 Magician hat

with two hand Rod/one had rod

So do i still need aspd wing? or AD?????

My thought is if i can, i prefer more damage than apsd if i can achieve 192 when i use food and potions.

I can confirm that Spell Fist never misses (132 Spell-Fister here). You might regret getting dex since you have to pull off Spell Fist during the cast of your bolt spell, so the faster your cast, the harder it gets (makes too many Spell enchants on your gear a no-no too). You can still get cast reduction through gear for times when you don't need to use SF.

@spikexp: Why not go for 193 aspd? What makes 192 ideal? Just curious.

#10 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:43 AM

spell fist only last 6 hits. thus 192 is the optimum DPS you'll need. kinda like how RC GX is best kept at 190 aspd.

#11 jimkeecn

jimkeecn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 02:25 AM

cool cool. so i dont have to invest it on DEX(keep it at 1?), i can add the rest stats to luck or invest it on Agi to 120 so i can use AGI boots which allow me to play HS style as well ? i think.

#12 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:03 AM

well 5 DEX = 1 MATK so if you don't really need that much agi to hit 192 aspd I guess it's fine to add some points there. besides, that last 20 points on agi will eat a hell lot of points. you should seek some other way to gain aspd like maybe adding aspd enchant somewhere.

#13 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:42 AM

spell fist only last 6 hits. thus 192 is the optimum DPS you'll need. kinda like how RC GX is best kept at 190 aspd.

RC has a minimum delay of 0.2 seconds, which means you need 190 aspd to get rid of all your excess animation delay, but Spell Fist is just aspd-based, so getting 6 hits in faster = start next series of 6 hits earlier = better dps. 193 aspd will let you do damage faster with SF than 192 aspd.

#14 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:20 AM

I can confirm that Spell Fist never misses (132 Spell-Fister here). You might regret getting dex since you have to pull off Spell Fist during the cast of your bolt spell, so the faster your cast, the harder it gets (makes too many Spell enchants on your gear a no-no too). You can still get cast reduction through gear for times when you don't need to use SF.

@spikexp: Why not go for 193 aspd? What makes 192 ideal? Just curious.

My experience with buying resets every two levels or so between playing caster, spell fist and crit battle begs to differ to all your ideals. But right now am driving home from work so cannot go further into detail till later.

#15 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:17 PM

RC has a minimum delay of 0.2 seconds, which means you need 190 aspd to get rid of all your excess animation delay, but Spell Fist is just aspd-based, so getting 6 hits in faster = start next series of 6 hits earlier = better dps. 193 aspd will let you do damage faster with SF than 192 aspd.

spell fist got 1s cast delay iirc.

#16 Orthogon

Orthogon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 03:22 PM

spell fist got 1s cast delay iirc.

I guess my reflexes are probably not good enough to pull off ending my attacks properly, casting a bolt and responding with spell fist in 1/7 of a second, but I see now why it is a factor.

#17 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:39 AM

While we at it, what is the best RWC Pendant enchant for Spell FIst? Spell or Matk?

Still building my equips, but the thought of having 6 RWC Pendant (for 2 Imps, Siromas, Elviras) is too much for me. Is Magic Intensifier Ring good substitute?

#18 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:44 AM

1. If your equip matk >=400 get matk% or else get Spells.

2. On a spellfist user I find there is no need to gain full 100% vcast reduction by gears, at most just over 50% will be fine (FAW, temp boot and a decent malangdo enchant weapon is all the 'Spell' you need). Therefore save the accessory slots for other accessories for those cards. Ive never bothered doing the Mag Tour so cant comment on the rings but in my eyes they are total garbage, but thats me because im rich.

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:16 AM

1. Matk% affects both your equip and stat matk, so you dont need much matk from gear for matk% be stronger than spell

#20 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:35 AM

+5% MATK is good. But Pendant of Maelstrom is +6% plus stats. Problem with Magic Intensifier is the Geffen coin cost almost not worth the actual value.

Alchemy Glove for Imp is awesome. Maybe Bradium Earring for Siroma. You will want to slot Elvira into something really worth it.

#21 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

+5% MATK is good. But Pendant of Maelstrom is +6% plus stats. Problem with Magic Intensifier is the Geffen coin cost almost not worth the actual value.

Alchemy Glove for Imp is awesome. Maybe Bradium Earring for Siroma. You will want to slot Elvira into something really worth it.

Alchemy Glove for Imp is good. I suggest try get your hands on a int glove instead of the earring for the Siroma until they release the Icicle bracelets or whatever they called, my korean is like not even worth kindagarten level.

Elvira is probably the only card I would consider into the RWC Pendants, until we get slotted Buwaya tattoo's.

#22 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

wtf kRO have slotted buwa tattoos? and when is this icicle bracelet came from, 16.x?

#23 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:50 AM

~<3

#24 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:43 AM

wtf kRO have slotted buwa tattoos? and when is this icicle bracelet came from, 16.x?

I know this is offtopic, and I ask your forgiveness for this, but I'd like to know how can I make these Tattoos (Buwa and Bako). I've heard that there's a quest similar to the seals, that X people have to complete it before being able to make the items, but I couldn't find any info on this quest. Can someone provide me with a link to a site which describes it?

Thanks.

#25 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:00 AM

How To:

• Festival Helper Boy
  • This little boy is the key to start the Festival, in order for him to start it, we need everyone to help bring the following items:
    • 300x 6497.png Lesser Agimat
      • Obtain from different Port Malaya related quests.
    • 300x 6502.png Silver Cross
    • 100x Dyestuff (Any color is fine)

Obtain Reward

During Event, the following quest will be triggered.

• Tattooist
  • Rewards:
    • Bangungot Agimat Tattoo
      • Agimat Tattoo with a plump lady pattern. It is told that the one who owns this tattoo will possess extreme power. 
        Healing others 4% increase, healing from others 7% increase. 
        Class : Accessory 
        Defense : 0 
        Weight : 10 
        Jobs : All Jobs
    • Buwaya Agimat Tattoo
      • Agimat Tattoo with a huge Alligator pattern. It is told that the one who owns this tattoo will possess extreme power. 
        MATK +7% increase and Fixed Casting 7% decrease. 
    • Bakonowa Agimat Tatto
      • Agimat Tattoo with a dragon swallowing the moon pattern. It is told that the one who owns this tattoo will possess extreme power. 
        +7% Attack against all monster sizes and ASPD 10% increase. 

Edited by RaohSung, 07 April 2016 - 08:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users