Spell Fist Sorcerer question - Page 2 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Spell Fist Sorcerer question

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

:thx:  :thx:  :thx:  :thx:

#27 Yugacky

Yugacky

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 961 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

+14 Double Librarian Principles of Magic & +9 Magician's Night Caps

#28 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 09 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

It looks really tempting . Already have 142 Instacast Sorc(Ventus Active) and want to switch to SF build but I don't have the right books atm . Should I hold it until I reach 175 , though ? :hmm:  My sorc gears are displayed on my ROPD ( Too lazy to type them huehue)

Haven't seen any mvp vids with SF build , tho

#29 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:19 AM

Books are not necessary to play the build, if you can get high aspd holding a wand, it outcompetes the matk of any book.

#30 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:30 AM

Books are not necessary to play the build, if you can get high aspd holding a wand, it outcompetes the matk of any book.

I will check it later. I have +11 TSOD Spell4/4 + +9 Skull Cap of Caster combo so I guess I can just wear Cenere faw if needed. Will Runaway Magic proc on spellfist?

#31 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

I will check it later. I have +11 TSOD Spell4/4 + +9 Skull Cap of Caster combo so I guess I can just wear Cenere faw if needed. Will Runaway Magic proc on spellfist?

No it doesnt unfortunately, you can proc off Hawkeye though with spellfist. In essense, think of spellfist as a regular melee attack except you swapped your ATK and MATK around.

#32 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:43 PM

I really think I should make a guide that covers the squaddiesorc in detail with all the builds I played on, but I am afraid making such a guide will cause people to QQ and stick firecrackers up my arse, because you know, they like to flame me like my arsehole is on fire from too much diahorrea.

Edited by Marty5337, 10 April 2016 - 12:48 PM.

#33 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:57 PM

I see. I have to check if I can make an LD version of Int Temp , then . It would be nice to see  a guide for SF since that was the actual reason I wanted to create a sorce but most thread suggests to go support or insta cast sorc due level viability 

#34 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 03:36 PM

In my own expert opinion, a viable build is a build that you are able to enjoy playing! People say DB for RK is the viable build, but do people really enjoy spamming DB non-stop? I know I cant do that. Same for sorc, I swap builds all the time so I dont have to be bored using big 4 (PW, VS, DD, EG) and then getting bored doing FS Pimp smacker so I change to my "Walkerer" build, then when I get bored of that I change to Squaddiesorc build. Viability: Expensive style!

Edited by Marty5337, 10 April 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#35 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

I agree to that. I got too hooked on getting things right but ended up doing the same thing as others and forgot what I really want...I want to smash that wand at anything worth whacking :heh: Hell I think I even kept a mighty wand somewhere thinking I might be able to use it in the future ...I'll think abt those when I get the chance to play again :no1:

#36 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:52 PM

Thanatos staff is a really good option if you can sustain aspd tho, and the recover HP/SP thing activates a lot with bolts, i prefer hindsight over Spellfist tho, i find a little bit annoying recharging every 6 hits :v, specialy with high ASPD

#37 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:20 AM

I see. I have to check if I can make an LD version of Int Temp , then . It would be nice to see  a guide for SF since that was the actual reason I wanted to create a sorce but most thread suggests to go support or insta cast sorc due level viability

What the purpose of playing MMORPG if you can't make your own build? It defeat the role playing context. I myself don't like cookie cutter build, always fall in love with battle-Sage, and SF is the very unique concept. It reminds me of Negi's Magia Erebea from Magister Negi Magi. Sure it slower than typical caster Sorc, but I enjoy it. I put my Sorc on rest while now for I'm still gearing him. Hope I can achieve my goal soon: Battle Summoner Sorc  :lv:

@marty: Kind of interested with your squaddie Sorc. What kind of build it is?

#38 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:13 AM

Basically the soldier build with a twist, i just call it squaddie. I know right? First thing when i saw SF description it instantly made me think negima, even the fact you enhance aspd by wind spirit screams nego and his affinity to wind magic.....lets not forget how suspicious varytr Spear animation looks.....oh i dunno... http://negipedia.wik...ulatio_Fulgoris

#39 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

Lol yeah XD. I always thought VF really similar with Iaculatio Fulgoris xD. The atk+matk formula and sprite animation

That's also the reason I choose Elemental Change: Water skill on my Sorc, which I regret later /OTL. I was planning to turn some hard mobs to water element and smack them with Lightning Bolt SF, hoping there will be Lightning Bolt version for Imp/Siroma Card. But Gravity make Elvira Card instead, which is an expensive mini Boss card T_T

#40 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

Should be taking advantage of insignias and the sage land buffs to supplement you SF damage depending on bolt.

#41 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:34 PM

I always thought that Sorcs will be more like a melee-magic type of character rather than a caster type. But you have there spells like Varetyr spears that are really on the middle, if they make an item that actually autocast VS only for sorcs will be awesome for battle builds, i dont know, i will really enjoy something like that xD, also because VS is probably the spell that give me that feel of actually playing a warrior that happen that can enhance his own strenght with magic, cmon, is a lightning spear!!!! i love that concept :P

#42 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:20 PM

I always thought that Sorcs will be more like a melee-magic type of character rather than a caster type. But you have there spells like Varetyr spears that are really on the middle, if they make an item that actually autocast VS only for sorcs will be awesome for battle builds, i dont know, i will really enjoy something like that xD, also because VS is probably the spell that give me that feel of actually playing a warrior that happen that can enhance his own strenght with magic, cmon, is a lightning spear!!!! i love that concept :P

I'm not saying that at the time Gravity is stealing peoples idea's, but probably when they were  thinking up Sorc skills, half the dev staff were reading Negima and decided to "borrow" the idea's.

#43 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:01 PM

There is an item alread that autocasts Pwave

#44 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:50 PM

Pwave? Not Killing Cloud?

Auto-cast VF really will make Sorc Negi  :heh:

Should be taking advantage of insignias and the sage land buffs to supplement you SF damage depending on bolt.

I use Insignia whenever had the chance, like when mobbed on Manuk field. It can make spirit become tanky too xD. Is Insignia can be casted on Sage land skill or on Magnetic Earth?

#45 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:44 AM

Minus magnetic earth for what it does, you can place insig on the big 3 Sage land buffs (preferably at lvl 5, 25% damage buff of element is no joke) for that extra damage.

#46 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 01:47 AM

Lv5 is 20%

#47 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:19 AM

Worth a try then. I'm too afraid using land buff skill as my cast speed is very slow as snail

#48 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:31 AM

You can use it, and as long as you dont ME or use another element land skill, the effect will remain for its full duration

#49 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:11 AM

1 second cast (i think) is considered small?

#50 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:16 AM

2-3 sec cast time for me I think, as I only have base 70 DEX and no Spell enchant. I think I need reset, as my land buff skill only pre-req for other skills. Looks like I have to sacrifice big 3 AOE and Endow and focus more on Spell Fist and support skills

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users