Classic Gameplay... Anybody wanna join in? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Gameplay... Anybody wanna join in?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Rageous

Rageous

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:22 AM

As title says... anybody here interested in playing the game without using any Post-AoV features like ML etc...

Just pure RO2 LoTS Experience with Raids and Pre-AoV gears... like the good old times...

#2 9539130505041340330

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:04 PM

https://forums.warpp...sic-ro2-server/

Already a thread about this.

#3 1633130515105152960

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:17 PM

https://forums.warpp...sic-ro2-server/

Already a thread about this.

He is asking for people who wants to play in the current build of the game, but ignoring AoV content xD

#4 Rageous

Rageous

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:23 PM

Yeah yeah! You could say it's kinda like hardcore mode in which you don't rely much on AoV gears and stuff... 

#5 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

i did it before. i went to dungeons without any help from ML. it was quiet hard to get party, because most of players wanted to do it fast.
but it was more satisfying.
i do want to join you, but as you can see, the current formula for both char and mob is bad imo. maybe you can still do bapho/arena, but coa? not sure.
if i recall, the bosses hp was also changed for ML. CMIIW

#6 Maxscha

Maxscha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 599 posts
  • LocationHide and Seek

Posted 04 April 2016 - 05:11 PM

I am certain that all pre-CoA stuff is doable for anyone in a good party, even if not using any post AoV items.

There was a VEP that ran raids of every dungeon in Lvl-appropriate gear. I am not sure how CoA/AoD went...

I salute this endeavour, even if I shan't be joining it. I go offline soon for my summer job, alas. Cya in autumn!

Edited by Maxscha, 18 April 2016 - 07:37 AM.

#7 ExileSean

ExileSean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:The only one

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:13 AM

i'll be new to the game all together but this sounds interesting... i wouldn't mind joining in with this as a goal, any specific role you're looking for others to fill? and if not to much to ask, what would you recommend for new blood to the game?

Edited by ExileSean, 05 April 2016 - 03:17 AM.

#8 9539130505041340330

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:57 AM

Well if they ever give me my Freya chars back I'll have some nice lowbie chars to kick it old school with. Dunno about trying the RAIDs without AoV gear though, unless I can farm the heck outta some blood points and grab some old colo gear or craft some valk stuff :D

#9 lightgray

lightgray

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

This is kinda pretty interesting... maybe make a guild dedicated about this or something like that?

#10 Defyr

Defyr

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:43 PM

I am a pre-AOV player, recently restarted playing RO2. Would like to be part of this if you're starting such a movement (:

#11 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:25 AM

if i recall, the bosses hp was also changed for ML. CMIIW

All characters also got their hp changed after AOV came out. When you had 6-7k hp in LOTS you would become 10-11k+ in AOV with same the gears. The extra hp helps a lot to complete RM i guess...

Many players raged a lot against the difficulty of completing COA in the hard mode, mainly RM when the best gears available were T1 pvp gears. If only they knew few months later the pet system and guild housing were released, maybe they could have actually enjoyed the content instead of QQing and forever quitting.

Good luck with your raidings!

#12 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:24 PM

btw, are you still gonna do it? I'm levelling my new monk, started ytd. still lv21 aco, tho. just like what i usually do when starting a new char, my plan is still same: do the dungeons without any help from ML classes or any high levels. anyone may join me in game.  :no1:

#13 Rageous

Rageous

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:11 AM

Yes I'm gonna do it... I'm probably just gonna be waiting in Alberta ch1 once I make it to level 50. I'm gonna be expecting you guys

#14 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:19 PM

we are starting a new guild for that. you can contact me by mail or whisper in game. my char is monk lv36, named Aohisa.

Edited by Aohisa, 14 April 2016 - 05:19 PM.

#15 Rageous

Rageous

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

oohhh.... so it was you who was you looking for me in the public chat... 

#16 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 23 April 2016 - 08:37 AM

I'd be interested in something like this. I have two characters sitting around level 30-40 (Monk and Ranger), and at least 6 that are still level 10 or so. Only my Crecentia is in the Master Levels, and even it is only ML 2. lol

#17 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

i made a guild for that. i'll be using a monk. most of members are alts. so you won't see them online most of time. contact me in game if you really want to join. pm or mail. char name: AohisaEn

#18 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 24 April 2016 - 09:16 AM

This is quite good.

#19 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:17 AM

i made a guild for that. i'll be using a monk. most of members are alts. so you won't see them online most of time. contact me in game if you really want to join. pm or mail. char name: AohisaEn

Hm... I forgot I had intended to keep my Monk and Ranger in my original guild (CobaltBlue) as a legacy to them, despite that they're no longer around. I could still use them for your needs, but I will not be leaving that guild under any circumstances on those characters.

Pretty much leaves it open for whatever you need, really. I have no qualms with any class. I was working on a Soul Maker before I quit. Other than that, I had a Warrior, Assassin, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard, and Priest in the works, but they're all first job, low-levels. lol

#20 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 27 April 2016 - 02:44 PM

Ooh this sounds like fun  :p_idea:  Aohisa, I'll message you when I see you online.

Here's what I have currently:

SoulMaker 48

Crecentia 36

BeastMaster 26

If we need a different class/role spot to be filled I'll be happy to do it, I'll play any class. However, my preferred role is healer and my preferred classes are SoulMaker, BeastMaster, Priest, and Wizard.

Oh, and just as a heads-up: last I checked, dungeons are possible with 2 people, and one (or some?) of the bosses are broken. Here's a video of a friend and me fighting Sehee without her instant-death debuff happening: https://youtu.be/ch0JOPvak9Q At any rate, I still enjoy going through like this.

Edit: I also have some Valkyrie designs and raid materials stored up if they're needed. I collect "junk" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Emilizzard, 27 April 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#21 Aohisa

Aohisa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

nice. welcome to the party. most of players are still under 50 tho. if you want to contact me, pm or mail AohisaEn. because i play my assassin most of time.

#22 Varitas

Varitas

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1017 posts
  • Twitter:@CM_Varitas
  • LocationEVERYWHERE!

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:46 AM

As title says... anybody here interested in playing the game without using any Post-AoV features like ML etc...

Just pure RO2 LoTS Experience with Raids and Pre-AoV gears... like the good old times...

Been watching this thread and it sounds like an amazing idea.  Especially as we celebrate the 3rd Year Anniversary of Ragnarok Online 2, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me pinning it? 

#23 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:49 PM

Been watching this thread and it sounds like an amazing idea.  Especially as we celebrate the 3rd Year Anniversary of Ragnarok Online 2, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me pinning it? 

Why not join in? Show people how fun Classic Gameplay can be with that stream you're planning. It might be good for the game, and might make people actually wanna play some of the old content, rather than skipping it with items to level up.

#24 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:00 PM

Maybe I should join in and cap myself at 50. I keep hearing (reading) bad stuff about the Master levels. If not, perhaps I'll just create an exact copy of my current character for this intention.

It just feels bad to have done all those quests in exchange for those, say, weapon, bust statues to be exchanged for the cat, only to find out all of it is for naught once you get your ML1 gears...

Edited by TaeNiMiku, 04 May 2016 - 05:41 PM.

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:46 PM

Why not join in? Show people how fun Classic Gameplay can be with that stream you're planning. It might be good for the game, and might make people actually wanna play some of the old content, rather than skipping it with items to level up.

I think that would go against their plans to encourage Master Leveling since they seem intent on trying to make MLs more tolerable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users