April 7th Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 7th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:45 AM

Departing

EXP/VIP exp bonus event leaves 

March Groove Pack departs

Continuing

Granny boxter will be getting some additional items added to her list. She won't be giving a new box until the week after the April lucky box goes in though. 

Arriving

New capture the flag Battleground concept will be opened for testing. 

We're working on planning out the next steps in the Janeway replacement project as well

Next week the green ale effect will be returning to it's non-event power.

Next week we will be introducing the April Lucky Box! Make sure to let us know what you'd like to see in it in the box here

Mail Annex will be down until Thursday. Please do not try to go to that map or you will be stuck! We will be bringing new hardware online in order to accommodate it.

#2 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

Hey Oda, can you make Campitor check my PM? Thanks.

#3 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:05 AM

Hey Oda, can you make Campitor check my PM? Thanks.

This ^

#4 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:37 AM

Updated OP about mail annex.

#5 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:43 AM

Can you please comment on if/when you are going to be nerfing Green Ale this year?

Also were you going to revisit some Challenge Dungeon things?

Edited by Themes, 04 April 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 11:59 AM

Can you please comment on if/when you are going to be nerfing Green Ale this year?

Yes! Thank you.

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:16 PM

Next week green ales get nerfed.

#8 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:02 PM

When is the next reset for alchemist rank?

#9 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:56 PM

subject aura, drop rate, etc

#10 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:40 AM

ahem

please clean the bots at spnyx and pyramids?

on the other hand,

nerfed? liked reducing its effect from 50% to 20%?

:pif: :pif: :pif:

#11 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:10 AM

Departing

March Groove Pack departs

Continuing

Granny boxter will be getting some additional items added to her list. 

Does this mean that Granny boxter will also be updated to reward March Groove Pack in exchange for brownie points?

Hopefully, yes..... ? :rice:

And please include Wickebine Ears, Hunting Cap, and Mega Resist Pots to the additional items she will accept if it's possible. :)

Thank you so much!

Edited by teresias, 05 April 2016 - 09:39 AM.

#12 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:04 AM

Next week green ales get nerfed.

The St. Patrick's quest is still active. It's been customary to reduce ales effectiveness a few weeks after the event ends. This was pulled from 2015 patch notes, for instance: 

Events

St. Patrick's Quest ends April 9th

Green ales return to normal strength April 29th

#13 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

It's been customary to reduce ales effectiveness a few weeks after the event ends.

Or... not at all? As far as I know, green ale has been at full effect for the last 2 years. I remember seeing that the effect would "change back to normal", but it only changed on renewal or something.

It's a little silly to leave that effect in for so long, leading some of us to believe it will never be reduced. I think we can all agree that green ale are a bit overpowered and should be reduced though. Especially since people are getting so many green ale from this event. Can we try not to leave quest type things in that players with multiple accounts can take advantage of? I mean, whenever the compensation santa thing gets put in I happily grab my ~300-600 enriched ores I don't know how much.

If it is reduced, let's be honest, nobody is going to use green ale if it only heals 10% hp/sp. Don't reduce it below 20% I think. They're at least still useful at 20%, at 10% people will just save them for the next time they heal 50%.

#14 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:24 AM

Or... not at all? As far as I know, green ale has been at full effect for the last 2 years. I remember seeing that the effect would "change back to normal", but it only changed on renewal or something.

It's a little silly to leave that effect in for so long, leading some of us to believe it will never be reduced. I think we can all agree that green ale are a bit overpowered and should be reduced though. Especially since people are getting so many green ale from this event. Can we try not to leave quest type things in that players with multiple accounts can take advantage of? I mean, whenever the compensation santa thing gets put in I happily grab my ~300-600 enriched ores I don't know how much.

If it is reduced, let's be honest, nobody is going to use green ale if it only heals 10% hp/sp. Don't reduce it below 20% I think. They're at least still useful at 20%, at 10% people will just save them for the next time they heal 50%.

I just bought like 6k of green ales thinking that it would not get nerf since it has been that way for the past year just as you have mentioned it. now i guess i'm screwed =\ 

Edited by PaulElgan, 05 April 2016 - 12:50 PM.

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:03 PM

WonderWhereThe30k+GreenAlesCertainPeopleHadCameFrom (itwasn'tbots)

GMs should check the origin of the Ales on the server asap!

#16 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:31 PM

I refuse to believe there are or have ever been bots on iro.

Speaking of iro and stuff.... When are we getting spare cards?

Edited by Undying, 05 April 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#17 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

I'm screwed as well, bought a lot of ales and now they're worthless..... -_-

#18 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

The point being, the quest isn't even over, yet they're being nerfed already. I would at least like a chance to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Three weeks post event isn't too much to ask. That and a crackdown on the ygg seed bot farms that seemingly gets ignored. 

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 April 2016 - 02:02 AM

Guess I'm going to try and carefully word this post to avoid a ban. I'm not intending to cause trouble and perhaps this isn't the decision of campitor/oda - but I feel like this needs to be said.

I'm not sure what you're thinking ripping away the exp events this week in particular. It's no secret that over half the population have left for another game, speaking of which seems to violate the Terms of Service. (you get what I mean) - and rather than pushing to make the server appealing toward people who may return to RO because they are meeting old friends on another game that attracted most of the RO community, you choose to make the server LESS appealing for those who are bored/considering leaving/could bring those players back.

The mail annex being inaccessible and destroying your characters for half the week isn't really acceptable. It's a side note at best (who reads the forums outside of maint days on classic?) and honestly I think everyone would have preferred and emergency maint with a find+replace on mail annex npcs with an npc that simply said "sorry mail is out of order" to losing their chars for a few days.

I have little to say about the bg thing. A little more info would have been nice that it was being worked on and more input than just one guy. And whilst I appreciate his efforts and I'm not here to poo pop on them, transparency is important. I'm sure that people saying "I don't want to play Themes RO" will be handled a lot more severely than "XellieRO" comments.

Now, I love RO, this is no secret. I only wish for it to continue to be a viable game and for classic to be a viable server - however, it's extremely hard for me to log in right now for all the reasons outlined above.

tl;dr - wtf are you thinking?

#20 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:20 AM

Can we get some more info on what items are going into boxter? As well as the new BG and Janeway projects.

Is the new BG going straight into live server or being tested on Sakray?

I think ales should stay the way the are at least until after the quest for them is gone. 

#21 Shenzu1337

Shenzu1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:49 AM

Is there any plans on improving the performance of this game on modern OS or do I really have to downgrade to windows 98 to get this software to work properly?

Takes 10+ sec when changing maps and fly wing... Games crashes when I want to purchase smth for KPs, just to name a few. Before you ask, yes I did patch anything and dont have any modifications or third party software running ....

Regards

A really mad player

#22 Meiji

Meiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:58 AM

Shenzu a lot of people run this game on Windows 7, 8, 10, etc. just fine, so I'm inclined to believe it's a problem with your particular machine not playing well with RO.

#23 Shenzu1337

Shenzu1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:33 AM

I tried it on 2 different machines, it worked just fine before I upgraded to Windows 10 >.< Also running multiple clients at once is almost impossible since everything starts lagging like hell. I never had problems on european RO servers - Also tried with WTFast, same problem so it's def. a client problem

#24 Shenzu1337

Shenzu1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

funny, it only occurs on this one particular character >.<

update: only on TKMs

Edited by Shenzu1337, 06 April 2016 - 09:53 AM.

#25 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 06 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

Playing from Brazil, windows 10 updated from 8.1. Everything seems fine, including dual login featuring tkms or not. I also bought KP items (stat foods) couple days ago. Sorry I can't help you more, just wanted to say that its not an issue here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users