April 7th Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

April 7th Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 WhiteWolf182

WhiteWolf182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRed Line
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki / Thor

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:00 PM

Oda, that ''Shining Cacao Plant'' will stay on the server? I am always hitting that flower in Thor.

And they are like, everywhere. T.T

Edited by WhiteWolf182, 06 April 2016 - 07:00 PM.

#27 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:55 PM

Also thinking that exp bonus departing is just wrong, it doesn't really affect much but still, at least keep people busy to do something in game, specially because numbers on classic have been low lately.

Should consider that.

Greetings.

Edited by Ramses, 06 April 2016 - 08:56 PM.

#28 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:29 AM

Exp bonus will give an incentive for more people to log in considering the decline in the server population just as Rames mentioned

+1 for exp bonus

#29 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:25 AM

and Drop Rate Increase event, if possible, please.

Thanks.

#30 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:25 AM

I agree with Rames and PaulElgan.

They launched a new game that has several players go for it (A -_- btw).

It would be interesting to actually reconsider withdrawing from the Bonus EXP to keep players goingo on.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:37 AM

wow I was the one that said it, jerks

#32 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:04 AM

wow I was the one that said it, jerks

Xellie too. :no1:

#33 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:08 AM

Oda why you nerfing ales next week Xellie its probly because nobody uses them all year and if someone was botting them this year you should ask your friends how many they got. I only got less then 4.5k total that includes some from other years.

ODA WHY WE NOT GET ST PATTY HAT!!!!

I also agree with xandy and company about if you let xp go this server is going to be in the doldrums. The people i know that are play the unnamed game make it sound fun. Bye the way cant we get something good we need a headgear that worth something. if you don't can you upgrade gsb drops so my not  vip ass can farm gsbs solo?

#34 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:17 AM

Does exp events even matter? They really only affect new players. A high end/established player can already go 1-99 trans in a couple hours, the only time consuming part is job changes tbh. Exp events allow players who are not yet established to slowly get more levels.

Keep it for the new guy on the server.

#35 Three7s

Three7s

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:27 AM

Does exp events even matter? They really only affect new players. A high end/established player can already go 1-99 trans in a couple hours, the only time consuming part is job changes tbh. Exp events allow players who are not yet established to slowly get more levels.

Keep it for the new guy on the server.

We get new players on the server?

Edited by Three7s, 07 April 2016 - 04:27 AM.

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 April 2016 - 04:48 AM

I can bring more new players to the server, just make it easy for me please. All ready met a ton of RO players on that which shalt not be named~

If I can do it, anyone else can too. Janeway isn't even a thing, it's more about needing a reason to stay past levelling early and for returning players. The nostalgia trips are real.

To be fair, Undying did say "guy" singular, not plural.

#37 Chaiso

Chaiso

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:01 AM

We have a few new players in our guild as well, they do exist. I'd like the xp event to remain in a bit longer so I can finish my leveling faster for the new guys :no1:

Edited by Chaiso, 07 April 2016 - 05:02 AM.

#38 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 07 April 2016 - 06:35 AM

We have some new players who invest VIP. Keep Exp please!!

Fix Reflect in WoE too. Have no reduction rate.

#39 BLAZE3373

BLAZE3373

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationROKA
  • Server:Classic. Loki

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

How about "St.Patrick's Hat"s +8 option "Green ale effect"? It's nerf too?

plz don't tell me "YES"

#40 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

How about "St.Patrick's Hat"s +8 option "Green ale effect"? It's nerf too?

plz don't tell me "YES"

This is why I usually don't bother to do holiday event quests, because the reward tend to have limited abilities instead of perm abilities.

I find it more worth my while to work on my char or just do regular treasure hunting apposed to the stupid holiday quests.  Infact I outright hate XMAS, and Holloween events, as they usually entail cluttering the maps with crappy monsters, that have no drops worth a damn.

Edited by Zoltor, 07 April 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#41 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:47 AM

Just ensure mail annexe is back up

#42 Yamanu

Yamanu

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:08 AM

As a returning player myself (6 days now) I would have to agree with slow leveling as being the largest barrier to entry for new players, but I don't believe that simply increasing base/job exp is the solution. One of the things I've found the most motivating in leveling is the presence of turn-in quests (minus Janeway... that's FAR too fast and clunky besides). Introducing new methods of leveling in a similar vein as that would be a more effective solution, say for example more turn-in quests, leveling through pvp(if possible) and more activities that encourage grouping.

I suspect that grievances over the withdrawal of exp events are pretty normal, but if developers cave to community clamoring eventually we'll find ourselves with 1000% base/job exp, which is a far cry from the look and feel of classic.

Also I had to go through a series of trials just to get the ancient client working on a modern machine, a new client would mean a world of difference to the game I think, though that may be a very tall order.

Edited by Yamanu, 07 April 2016 - 10:11 AM.

#43 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 April 2016 - 10:38 AM

As a returning player myself (6 days now) I would have to agree with slow leveling as being the largest barrier to entry for new players, but I don't believe that simply increasing base/job exp is the solution. One of the things I've found the most motivating in leveling is the presence of turn-in quests (minus Janeway... that's FAR too fast and clunky besides). Introducing new methods of leveling in a similar vein as that would be a more effective solution, say for example more turn-in quests, leveling through pvp(if possible) and more activities that encourage grouping.

I suspect that grievances over the withdrawal of exp events are pretty normal, but if developers cave to community clamoring eventually we'll find ourselves with 1000% base/job exp, which is a far cry from the look and feel of classic.

Also I had to go through a series of trials just to get the ancient client working on a modern machine, a new client would mean a world of difference to the game I think, though that may be a very tall order.

Classic bounty boards. Do all of the bounties for a realm and receive 2 bounty badges. 

Bounty badges can be traded in for the following.

1 badge = 2 GSB

2 badge = 10 BG badges

4 bdage = BMx3  

5 badges = 10 Prize medals 

6 badge = OCA

8 badge = reset stone

Amazing! 

Edit: For staff

Again, any increase in leveling speed will really benefit new player. It might shave 10-15 min off of 1-99 for an "established" player. HOWEVER, if you add turn in's that reward with BG badges, GSB, or other things used in WoE then you might get players who have maxed out characters to participate in regular PVM. It will also allow a way for new players to make zeny, get increased exp for playing the game (without changes server rates), and a chance to offer more "in game" information/learning for new players.

Further edit:

NOT saying gramps style TI stuff. Rather the bounty board system in Renewal mixed with new badges/tokens that can be transformed into either A. useful stuff or B. zeny making items (gsb). Bounty boards alone are not bad and doesn't speed things up too much (1,000,000,000 or higher exp per hour already exists...). NO GRAMPS, yet +1 for bounty boards with badges/tokens to be traded in for useful -_-.

Edited by Undying, 07 April 2016 - 10:44 AM.

#44 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:19 AM

Exp boosts are just a band aid fix. Theres really already enough of them on this server for things to be "fast enough" through regular play and we need gameplay improvements like those suggested above to help people get places. There's two downsides to exp events, one is it helps people get to where they're going faster so they'll stop playing sooner (obviously this is both good/bad) and when they go on for long periods of time they become "normal" so when they end people take a long break.

There's also the issue of levels vastly outpacing the speed at which a player can appropriately gear. Some things are fairly cheap right now due to crazy drop rates and increases in bots. However it's still hard for a new player to reach the kind of funds to begin to purchase end game gear and their best option is to sell cash shop items to established players.

I like the direction we're going with the prize medals for doing events, it's the sort of approach people have suggested over the years and gives people a reward with options. They dont have to choose right away and because the reward is given via NPC it can be modified at a later date. This is honestly how I feel the challenge dungeon should operate, getting tokens from the monsters and put all the gear on an NPC so people get to choose and it allows you to change the dungeon separately from the loot without removing any of these items from circulation. Weekly or daily quests to kill <MVP> or <Monster> that you can do in a party and award a nice boost in exp (an actual levels worth, not just random numbers) or tokens they can spend at their leisure is something Rojoky was talking with me about late last year and would also be cool/fun.

#45 limitstrife

limitstrife

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic Loki

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:52 AM

I'm a new player of classic, and I prefer an drop boost than a exp boost.

#46 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:41 PM

Oda, that ''Shining Cacao Plant'' will stay on the server? I am always hitting that flower in Thor.

And they are like, everywhere. T.T

They will be departing along with the Valentine Quest.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

The point is making making RO slower on the week of the other game release is a terrible move for maintaining population. I'm not normal pro exp/drop event, but, I am all for using some damn common sense when it comes to the times of removing them.

On the week of release of major competition is actually stupid.

#48 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:09 PM

yeah there should probably be some sort of incentive for people to not jump ship for the shiny new toy.

and maybe make it stick around a while so when the toy isn't shiny and new anymore, they have something to come back to.

#49 Cynbel

Cynbel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

The "shiny new toy" is getting thrashed for things like 90% of the game being behind a paywall, aside from that isn't the main draw to Classic nostalgia in any case?

#50 Shenzu1337

Shenzu1337

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

Will the servers be online anytime soon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users