Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:49 PM

Hello everyone, I am posting on behalf of a guild member of mine who cannot access Dragon Saga anymore due to errors surrounding the Gateway application.

This is led me to call on all of you to input your evaluations as gamers on this application. Please keep your appraisals of the program well-mannered and proper so as to validate our argument. Please reply with answers to the following inquiries:

1.) [Multiple choice] Is Gateway truly seen as an enjoyable and useful application or merely a needless waste of time?

a.) Gateway is a redundant program with functions which are existent in much older and far more popular applications.
b.) gateway is a wonderful program and I love using it for all my Warp Portal dealings.

2.) Do you believe Gateway only creates more work for the Warp Portal staff and is a needless waste of time and resources both for the employees of Warp Portal and the customers of Warp Portal?

3.) If given a choice would you rather see an end to gateway in favour of older gaming methods? (Unbound patcher, use of website and forums.)

My personal answers to my own inquiries.

1.) I choose option a, this program is needless and is hardly cost effective.
2.) Yes, I believe this to be true. So much more could be gained/avoided if the patcher for the games was unbound.
3.) I would most definately put and end to Gateway because it serves absolutely no benefit for anyone.

I would like to add that I believe after a maint. a manual patching alternative should be made available should warp portal choose to keep Gateway in the works. Many people are left with no way to game.

Thanks.
Valsu Out.

#2 xKamikaze

xKamikaze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

Hello everyone, I am posting on behalf of a guild member of mine who cannot access Dragon Saga anymore due to errors surrounding the Gateway application.

This is led me to call on all of you to input your evaluations as gamers on this application. Please keep your appraisals of the program well-mannered and proper so as to validate our argument. Please reply with answers to the following inquiries:

1.) [Multiple choice] Is Gateway truly seen as an enjoyable and useful application or merely a needless waste of time?

a.) Gateway is a redundant program with functions which are existent in much older and far more popular applications.
b.) gateway is a wonderful program and I love using it for all my Warp Portal dealings.

2.) Do you believe Gateway only creates more work for the Warp Portal staff and is a needless waste of time and resources both for the employees of Warp Portal and the customers of Warp Portal?

3.) If given a choice would you rather see an end to gateway in favour of older gaming methods? (Unbound patcher, use of website and forums.)

2.) Yes, I believe this to be true. So much more could be gained/avoided if the patcher for the games was unbound.
3.) I would most definately put and end to Gateway because it serves absolutely no benefit for anyone.

I would like to add that I believe after a maint. a manual patching alternative should be made available should warp portal choose to keep Gateway in the works. Many people are left with no way to game.

Thanks.
Valsu Out.

psh just get rid of it please...it serves no purpose, there are more cons than pros in the system...so i choose option 3

#3 GBPmule

GBPmule

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

Gateway isn't needed, at all.

#4 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

Thanks.
Valsu Out.

1.) A
2.) Waste of valuable resources that could be directed toward making the game experience better across all games.
3.) I'd prefer if the patcher could be run without gateway as it ends up being an unnecessary program that people quit the moment they get their patcher running anyway

#5 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

A
Yes
Gateway sucks.
Gateway is the whole reason I only played Dragonica once.

Edited by Theoretical, 02 December 2010 - 09:02 PM.

#6 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

TRULY unnecessary.

#7 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:06 PM

i really think that this should have been put to a vote in the first place, there have been nothing but complaints from the start. give the community some kind of say in how we're able to access the game... please warpportal.

#8 willhighwind

willhighwind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

Thanks.
Valsu Out.

1.) A, This programs always gets in the way of my gaming time.
2.) Ive never before seen a program work so bad in the history of my online gaming. (Gaming since Diablo 1)
3.) I see no point to gateway.

Thanks for your time
~Will

Ps.
I don't think their is a single person that is in favor of Gateway. Scratch that I mean that doesn't work for Warp Portal.

#9 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:19 PM

Just bypass it.
http://forums.warppo...s-isnt-allowed/
In the spoiler and in a post further down.

YOUCANTPATCHFROMTHATkthxbai

#10 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

YOUCANTPATCHFROMTHATkthxbai

Uh, yeah you can, it links you to the patcher.

Uh kthxbai.

#11 rickyleung90

rickyleung90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

remove the gateway client.

#12 rickyleung90

rickyleung90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

YOUCANPATCHFROMTHATkthxbai.
LEARN THE SLIGHTEST BIT ABOUT PC'S BEFORE YOU START SAYING GARBAGE THAT MAKES NO SENSE.kthxbai.

yea u can patch from that

#13 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

YOUCANPATCHFROMTHATkthxbai.
LEARN THE SLIGHTEST BIT ABOUT PC'S BEFORE YOU START SAYING GARBAGE THAT MAKES NO SENSE.kthxbai.

funny, whenever i did that it kept saying launch from gateway instead of giving the patch :/ guess you know something i dont. oh well, have fun being alone.

#14 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

GATEWAY IS SATAN INCARNATE

IT IMPREGNATED MY CHILD

AND RUINED MY FINANCIAL LIFE FOR YEARS TO COME

IT ALSO GOES AGAINST MY RELIGION

but only on tuesdays

#15 Achold

Achold

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

Gayway

#16 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:01 PM

Useless as it gets. Most people only open for patching from what i've heard.

#17 WolfinGanger

WolfinGanger

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationRight behind you

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

Thanks.
Valsu Out.

im only doing this cause its late im tired and my leader is making me anyay

a.) Of course, its a pointless program.

a.) As long as it dosent get in the way of just playing the game damn warnings that are easy to bypass.

There, going to sleep now Posted Image <== because your emotes sux

#18 Cyndy

Cyndy

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

1. a)
2. Yes. Total Waste Of Time. Without it, There Wouldn't Be As Many Problems
3. Yes. Gateway is unnecessary

From Magitarius (:

#19 ImNotATree

ImNotATree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationCreepers Closet

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

Yea. I'm too lazy to post a pic. lol
If you don't mind I'll steal yours and toss it in my posts?\
Nevermind, I'll just make one lol

Im actually on the phone, while my mom's talking to me and listening to her music next to me, yet I was able to make that picture in less then 2 minutes using Paint and Photoshop CS3 :)

Edited by ImNotATree, 02 December 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#20 ImNotATree

ImNotATree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationCreepers Closet

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

Should have taken about 15 seconds using MSpaint.

Blah Blah Blah =x
You can use it or make your own, doesn't bother me =p

#21 kensou2k8

kensou2k8

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

I choose numba 3,.... 100X's over. =/ It is utterly useless, painstaking, mind-numbing and inconvenient, all at the same time. *thumbs down* :)

#22 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

go gms, you deleted everything regarding how to bypass gateway... again... you're forcing a useless program on us. tyrranical... if i add the extra word my post gets deleted yet again.

#23 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

go gms, you deleted everything regarding how to bypass gateway... again... you're forcing a useless program on us. tyrranical... if i add the extra word my post gets deleted yet again.

Yeah, Calanor swept all the posts saying how to get around Gateway. We're fighting a losing battle here.

#24 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

Put down the pitch fork.

I am answering the Technical Support section and help those with problems getting it to work for them.

#25 Valsu

Valsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 235 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario Canada
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:37 PM

Put down the pitch fork.

I am answering the Technical Support section and help those with problems getting it to work for them.

Its function is redundant, we have MSN for chatting and patchers to load our games. Why are you forcing this on us?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users