Classic April 14th Maintenance Notes - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic April 14th Maintenance Notes

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#26 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

Themes, the server isn't active enough to justify keeping people on the list because they're busy with Terms of Service. Just pot, or use more supplies.

Speaking of guild's personal problems: I have 3 Okolnir Econs, nuke the econ creep already.

Can you point out an actual flaw in the suggestion where a half life system on points wouldn't allow new alchemists to get ranked while causing inactive players to fall off the list?  It wouldn't be particularly hard work to just cut every alchemists points in half every month instead of reseting them entirely every 6-12 months, maybe 10 minutes of scripting a database query.  <snip>

#27 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:09 PM

Can you point out an actual flaw in the suggestion where a half life system on points wouldn't allow new alchemists to get ranked while causing inactive players to fall off the list?  It wouldn't be particularly hard work to just cut every alchemists points in half every month instead of reseting them entirely every 6-12 months, maybe 10 minutes of scripting a database query.  <snip>

I really like the alchemist suggestion and good to finally see you offer your opinions in a public forum.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:57 PM

<Snip>

Okay Tolrin to answer your questions.

To point out a flaw, new alchemists will have their points degraded too, allowing jerks like me to just sit at the top with 10 million points and throw my backlog of potting stash into a second potter and kick them off the list and believe me I can and might do it. I've been thinking about making a second one because separate stacks of slims are easier to store. Other Valhalla people want to do it too. So, what I'm saying is that the idea benefits me a bit much. 

As for what is and isn't particularly hard work, it is more work than resetting the list and the time they put on to classic is at a minimum, so why do something that is clearly suggested purely so people can play LESS when we need to play more as well as deciding how much work the CMs/producers/GMs should be doing and how much that time is valued by them? ANYTHING that cuts back on how much work they have to do so they can focus on important things is probably necessary.

Edited by Oda, 11 April 2016 - 04:12 PM.

#29 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:33 PM

I don't see anything wrong with this half life idea. We don't need to be forcing players to pot so that they stay active. Potting isn't exactly one of the more enjoyable parts of the game.

Wouldn't changing this be something really simple like this:

alchemistpoints = 0

to

alchemistpoints = alchemistpoints / 2

So much hard work men. Please don't exert yourselves.

On another note, where's the mvp/gods reset? Need to allow newer players to obtain mvp/gods at the same rate and starting point.

#30 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:38 PM

On another note, where's the mvp/gods reset? Need to allow newer players to obtain mvp/gods at the same rate and starting point.

It was at the start of the server. Not really our fault no one bothered to try.

#31 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:43 PM

Campitor: Posting pictures of mutilated animals on the forums can result in suspension.

Edited by Campitor, 11 April 2016 - 03:56 PM.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

I'm okay with them deleting all the MVPs gained with all the gods I made for other people that I lost respect for. If the Gods go too, that just gives us stuff to do, again. (delete parts too tho)

Comparing gods and the amount of work that goes into them and the trivial work that goes into supply hunting / potting with ahk whilst watching tv is silly.

https://en.wikipedia...les_and_oranges (I'm sad there's no yourlogicalfallacyis.com entry for that)

#33 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:27 PM

hi!

#34 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

Hi. Back on topic enough with the derail.

2 posts (with related replies) have been removed, if you want to get personal take it somewhere else please.

Note, if you have an issue with moderation or other fellow posters let the CMs know either by sending them a PM or by reporting the post.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 11 April 2016 - 07:11 PM.

#35 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:11 PM

2 posts (with related replies) have been removed, if you want to get personal take it somewhere else please.

Note, if you have an issue with moderation or other fellow posters let the CMs know either by sending them a PM or by reporting the post.

VModCinnamon, are you female irl? For some reason I feel like you're cute irl.

Edited by isamu999, 11 April 2016 - 07:13 PM.

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:12 PM

Lol. Every time I do that I never get an answer ;)

#37 Ozm05

Ozm05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:16 PM

Seriously, please fix the DG drop rate and include HE gum on the box. 

#38 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:46 PM

Also a blacksmith point reset would be nice ^^

#39 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:58 PM

date end for St patty event?i mean how long will that guy wearing Green hat will stay?need the date end of it?i hope next week maintain. :yawn: and will the npc that can exchange coins for eq will stay permanently?

Edited by Nokia909, 11 April 2016 - 11:59 PM.

#40 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

This sounds really good, i guess no one feel motivate to even try to be on rank when you see those huge numbers, also would reduce the discrepancy between the first and last ranked alchemist.

#41 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:00 AM

Wouldn't changing this be something really simple like this:

alchemistpoints = 0

to

alchemistpoints = alchemistpoints / 2

So much hard work men. Please don't exert yourselves.

Agree with Squirrel.

Reset rank, for me, I'll be a job done months thrown away. Time, money and boredom. Make Pot is very boring to do.

Not the best way but alchemistpoints = alchemistpoints / 2 please!

#42 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 13 April 2016 - 03:02 AM

Double click. Sorry. 

Edited by Xandyzor, 13 April 2016 - 03:02 AM.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:30 AM

Why that is a bad idea, a maths lesson by Xellie.

Valhalla's chemist is always #1 - we pot possibly 60-90k of starsand every week. In the past we have had multiple potters on the list so that we can store multiple stacks of slims to hand out. (this way we can have 90k slims on one kafra storage instead of just 30k). To maintain this we hunt in the GD for just a few hours a week divided over 5~6 people. 

We get an average of 3million points every month on our #1 potter. Recently we didn't re-rank the other because the owner went inactive/lazy. <- this is supposed to happen.

Without a reset that guy would still be there occupying spots.

So really it wouldn't make any difference to people trying to get on the list. But I mean being Valhalla, you know what we'll do, we'll just pot a few weeks worth of extras to increase the lead, or just enough to maintain it then move on to potter #2 which would be penalized less. It would be easier for us to divide our stuff over multiple potters and get on the listing, whilst locking out more of the rest of the server.

And for those lower on the list? Basically they would have to pot more to avoid being knocked off adding more stress, not less. Frankly I don't care if you want to make it easy for my group to have 5~8 spots on the alchemist list... But I have a feeling someone out there may care. That person isn't me, it's probably the same ones that complain about how many god items Valhalla has.

Anyway, on a more serious note : Econ handling in WoE 2 when? This issue really hurts everyone, flooding the game with yggs, OCAs, god parts and god items. It devalues God item parts removing most potential profit from WoE castles.

Here's what happens when you have a 1 econ castle.

xEok5vh.jpg

Now imagine a server with 8~10 100 econ castles dropping parts at the same rate, with 12 yggberries and 12 ygg seeds every day.

Here's 1 weeks worth of WoE 2 loot (god drops removed for tactical reasons), prior to the 100 econfest.

woe2:
251 ygg seed
245 ygg berry
293 branch
250 union
172 oca
277 treasure box
292 elu
263 ori
153 shoes
154 garments
139 shields
96 mails
60 clothing
2 armor
27 bows
14 spears
4 katars
2 axe
4 sword
2 staff
5 finger

and then this happened

YKsAegv.jpg

This is not healthy to competition! I'm not gonna not do it, because if I don't someone else will, but I am not playing pvm guardians and barricades for 4 weeks to zero everything out to keep the server from being saturated.

#44 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:20 AM

Where's the math?

#45 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:29 AM

I took it out because im sleepy

But it comes out at something like, those who work the hardest get punished the most for really no actual change for others.

inactive potters (as in those that need removing) occupy middling slots on the list, people who pot like months worth of supplies then log on like weekend warriors, whilst people who play constantly can't keep up and deserve to over take them

#46 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Actually,-_- it. Let them have their halving points and watch them whine and cry about it later when they realize they're having to work overtime just to overtake the inactive potters on the list.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

Hey ryth, wanna rank you chem? We need more stacks on the storage acc anyway.

#48 WhiteWolf182

WhiteWolf182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • LocationRed Line
  • Server:Classic Loki / Thor

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:32 AM

I am tired of trying to buy White Ranked Slims for personal use, they are hard to get, so i've made my own Potter and i am only waiting the rank reset to get started. 

It would be hard for players like me, to compete agains people that do 90k per week for WoE, i would never be ranked.

#49 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:38 AM

I am tired of trying to buy White Ranked Slims for personal use, they are hard to get, so i've made my own Potter and i am only waiting the rank reset to get started.

It would be hard for players like me, to compete agains people that do 90k per week for WoE, i would never be ranked.

Ask guilds in game or message them on the forums. Easiest way to buy ranked slims

#50 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:49 AM

Hey ryth, wanna rank you chem? We need more stacks on the storage acc anyway.

with her build I hope you're okay wasting a lot of mats

wait does this mean i'd have to do work because I'm not sure how i feel about that

depending on who does the work though i could share my info

Edited by Rythen, 13 April 2016 - 09:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users