#1 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:16 PM

Hello, I really close to get 100 on my Rebel so I want to reset my skill for free one more time and get the build right.

As Rebel the only skills that I'll be using for while would be Rich's Coin, RT and Platinum Altar. So I just worried about Guns skills and for Rebels' one (just the pre requisites as Guns)

Thats the build I made after read some topics on forum.

WJrPu4H.png

I don't know if Gatling Fever works for RT, but I think it does so I put 10 points in there. About other Rebel skills I really not sure what to take. I pretend to focus on MVP/PVM on this Rebel (both solo and with guildies - instances and stuff like that)

So any suggestion?

@edit

Another skill build

iqW2Vvu.png

Edited by Siliency, 10 April 2016 - 06:18 AM.

#2 Name85738

Name85738

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:51 PM

you wanna solo?

there's a rebel class (solo) who always KS my GX

and its wearing a ride-word hat and incubus pet with gangster scarf (glad exp bar is bug so he's gone now in low TI). :p_devil: 

#3 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:01 PM

lol he was ksing me on low TI as well haha

#4 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 03:28 AM

Gatling Fever works with Platinum Altar + Round Trip. It also works with Heat Barrel.  Last stand is pretty much replaced by Heat Barrel. 

I recommend maxed Single Action, Chain Action, Gatling Fever, and Increased Accuracy on the Slinger.
For Rebel, get maxed platinum altar, heat barrel, rich coin, ethernal chain, quick draw, and round trip. The rest are up to you. 

Stat, I recommend max out DEX first before any other stats for PVM. Your round trip needs to one shot ALL mobs in low and mid TI to halve the SP consumption rate. Round trip uses crazy amount of SP. 

After DEX, then the rest goes to AGI for aspd. Getting 193 aspd is pretty easy on gatling build. AGI scroll, Enriched juice, Awaken, +20 AGI food, you should get 193 aspd without any ASPD gear. 

Hit Barrell + Etherna Chain + Gatling Fever + Quick Draw + Buffs has higher DPS than pistol build in my experience. But setting that up requires a lot of pre-casting, which may not work so well in a randomly spawn MvP. 

Right now I have 105 AGI and I get 192 aspd without gears with just buffs and food.  

#5 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 April 2016 - 06:29 AM

Gatling Fever works with Platinum Altar + Round Trip. It also works with Heat Barrel.  Last stand is pretty much replaced by Heat Barrel. 

I recommend maxed Single Action, Chain Action, Gatling Fever, and Increased Accuracy on the Slinger.
For Rebel, get maxed platinum altar, heat barrel, rich coin, ethernal chain, quick draw, and round trip. The rest are up to you. 

Stat, I recommend max out DEX first before any other stats for PVM. Your round trip needs to one shot ALL mobs in low and mid TI to halve the SP consumption rate. Round trip uses crazy amount of SP. 

After DEX, then the rest goes to AGI for aspd. Getting 193 aspd is pretty easy on gatling build. AGI scroll, Enriched juice, Awaken, +20 AGI food, you should get 193 aspd without any ASPD gear. 

Hit Barrell + Etherna Chain + Gatling Fever + Quick Draw + Buffs has higher DPS than pistol build in my experience. But setting that up requires a lot of pre-casting, which may not work so well in a randomly spawn MvP. 

Right now I have 105 AGI and I get 192 aspd without gears with just buffs and food.  

Thank you for answer but some points/questions :)

1) Since Gatling auto attack combo requires some time to cast everything, it would be better on maybe more controlled environments, right? Maybe like ET or some other Instances.

2) About Slug Shot, I was testing it (on level 99 and no good gear) and the dmg was quite good, but the biggest issue seems to be the accuracy, which vs MVPs would be a huge problem.

3) God's Hammer seems to be a good skill but I couldn't find a good rifle to test it. Have you tried to kill any MVP with that?

4) How about Dragon Tail and Howling Mine? Have you tested it? I couldn't find anyone selling a Granade Launcher to test them.

5) When you said max DEX, you mean 120, right?

Thanks in advance.

#6 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:06 AM

I just started rebel also so I am still experimenting.

1) If you're looking to do auto attack Gatling, it would be better in a controlled environment yes. You will most likely need to wear elemental armor + HP pot. The biggest issue with Rebel is that it heavily relies on buffs to make it effective. It's a hard class to MVP since it has very low HP pool, and if you die you need like 10 seconds to recast and rebuffs everything. Im not even sure if it's worth pumping points into VIT right now in PVM because you will be one shotted by any mid or high tier MVP regardless. Anyways a good alternative after dying is to switch to pistol build after you got ress, since you probably just need to recast hit barrell, eat some pots, and go back to action. 

2) My slug shot does more damage than the grenade launcher and Hammer of God. I heard somewhere people get to 1m damage per shot with slug, need to test that though. I would say 150-300k is more realistic number =). The hit rate would be an issue but I think you can still hit low tier boss on gears and buffs. 

3) Rifle build is more for PvP / WoE in my opinion. Hammer of God horrendous cast time and extremely long after cast delay alone will probably deter you from using it lol. Also it's hard to get 193 aspd using rifle, the best rifle rebel have auto cast decrease agi on wearer every time you attack. 

4) I heard the grenade launcher is a good alternative to slugshot build for MvP. I will need to test that also. The bigest issue is probably you need to cast Crimson Mark debuff on the target before you can use the skill. 

5) I would personally go for maximum 125 DEX because dex is used directly in some of the skills formula such as round trip.  110 AGI is plenty for 193 aspd and the rest can go to LUK for extra damage and VIT for HP pool / stun resistence. You can also add 30 INT for a bit more SP pool, but I personally just pot that through. Be sure to always carry some green pot especially with 1 INT though. 

Rebel is a great class to level your leeching alts lol. From 99-125 is really a cake walk, you just round trip your way to high TI with ease. Rebel is super weak against range and magic users, so always avoid those when leveling. After 125+ it starts t become a challenge since Rebel don't have access to end-game gears like Rangers do. So your round trip are stuck at 40-50k damage and enemies usually have over 100k HP. 

For MvP, it's not really viable to solo mid to high end MVP due to its HP pool. The damage output is poor comparing to well geared and no limit ranger. They really need to sell 500ATK vendor gears =). You can play around with binding trap but the MvP will pretyt much one shot you with any skills in its arsenal.

After 130+ Rebel role becomes more similar to Gunslinger, a squishy range debuffer.  Binding traps and grenade launcher can be very useful there.  I am trying to see if it's viable in WoE once you hit max level.  I could see it being used to snipe out SD mech or push suras and everything else away from your team with Round trip. Just my two cents.

It's really sad renewal made few classes so powerful that it overshadow every other class and ruin thesynergy. It used to be where very class has its specific use. Hunter, Knight, Wizard, Blacksmith, and Priest  days I am referring to =)

#7 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:19 AM

Yea... the old times haha

When you used to team up to kill Orc Hero and stuff like that.

I think I'll change my build to get Slug Shot + Dragon Tail and 3 points on Howling Mine, at least for while....

To be honest, I don't mind to just focused on low tier MVPs since I'm planning to level a GX as well, so he could beat the mid-high ties haha.

So my skills would be something like that:

AEBIHnD.png

Since Slug Shot would be better than Dragon Tail and with that build I would get Eternal Chain + Quick Draw as well.

Just one question, do you use Eternal Chain when ctrl attack with Gatling, right?

#8 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:35 AM

Yes, you will get 193 aspd through Gatling Fever + Heat Barrel. Ethernal Chain will make Gatling does double attack. You better pump all the buffs you can get and hope you can down the MvP by then. Since Heat Barrel has this awfully long cool down where you literally have to run away for your life. It does make things very interesting. I heard it gets up to 40-50k per shot after double attack, and that would be pretty crazy especially at 193 aspd (still lag behind ranger though). 

I'd say Quick Draw is kind of optional. You should try it and see if it is something you'll be using.

If you want to optimize your build a bit more, I believe Ethernal Chain lvl just increases its duration. You can probably adjust the lvl around the Heat Barrell timer, since that's probably the only time you'll likely be using Ethernal Chain. 

Just take my advice with grain of salt, my rebel is only 127 at the moment. My round trip does only 45k and I really wonder how some people get their round trip to 90-100k. 

#9 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:46 AM

Eternal Chain, from iRO Wiki

Allows the caster to use Chain Action regardless of equipped weapon for a duration. The level of Eternal Chain affects auto-cast level of Chain Action.

Anyway, I still have the Eden Reset, I'll be focusing on level first. But if I could solo ET at lest till few MVPs would be quite good already for while.

Since I don't have much space there, I could go with Slug Shot and RT trip only. 

By the way, which weapon you using to Slug Shot?

#10 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 08:03 AM

If you're still undecided, you should just get Round Trip, Platinum Altar, and Rich coin, and leave the rest unassigned until you figure it out.

I am using vender gears. I don't know if there are high end rebel gears outside the vending machine.

#11 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

I'm most undecided about Guns skill, but since you gave me some tips, I think I'm almost done with my build

#12 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:18 AM

I tested my slug shot yesterday on +5 thunder shotgun without any card and heaviest slug ammo. It does around 180-190k damage on a poring. It feels almost like a discounted RK's Crush Strike, but with horrendous cast time and fixed cool down. I don't see why they can't make it 1 second cast time with 2-3 second delay instead of a fixed cool down. Those gene can spam 200k Acid bomb every 1-2 seconds lol. 

It will probably make a good opening on non-aggressive MvP as long as you can one shot it after lex athena. For aggressive mid-tier MVP, you will likely be dead before your slug shot goes off. Rebel can't wear temporal dex boot also. Maybe slug shot and wing again, rinse and repeat?  

Almost at this point, the auto-attack build will probably out DPS rocket launcher and the burst damage slug shot simply due to those skill cool down.. You can probably do 3-7k per  shot with a average rebel gears at 193aspd. So that would be around 30-35k damage a second, not counting any double attack procs. I think it shoots  around 7 time per second at 193 aspd, double attack makes it even more. 

You will probably need to dump into VIT after 110 AGI and 125 DEX. Use Dane of Sentinel card for extra damage. You can dump into LUK for extra damage, shoot or die kind of build, but the critical attack will override any double attack proc. 

#13 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 08:33 AM

So the best we can do vs MVPs for while is:

Non Agressive: Slug Shot

Agressive: Gatling Gun + Eternal Chain
?

#14 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:43 PM

I would say you need a party for anything higher than a low tier MvP.  It could probably work with a tank and you slug shot the boss and run away. But I would say that go straight to Gatling will honestly probably be much better without having to worry about casting and switching. It's a really a lot of pain to change the ammo to slug, then change back to regular, then recast all those gatling buffs to start shooting again. You could cast binding trap to slow down the boss while shooting from distance with gatling as well.

I think pistol has very good synergy with any other build. Gatling has more DPS but it's a lot of commitment, a lot of pre-cast, and extremely slow walking speed. If you die with Gatling, you becomes pretty much useless as you don't have time to re-buff and re-cast all that skills. So that's when you can switch up to sidearms and start shooting. 

Off the topic, it would sound like a lot of fun making a 12 man rebel party and try to gun down Randgris or something haha.

#15 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:49 PM

I would say you need a party for anything higher than a low tier MvP.  It could probably work with a tank and you slug shot the boss and run away. But I would say that go straight to Gatling will honestly probably be much better without having to worry about casting and switching. It's a really a lot of pain to change the ammo to slug, then change back to regular, then recast all those gatling buffs to start shooting again. You could cast binding trap to slow down the boss while shooting from distance with gatling as well.

I think pistol has very good synergy with any other build. Gatling has more DPS but it's a lot of commitment, a lot of pre-cast, and extremely slow walking speed. If you die with Gatling, you becomes pretty much useless as you don't have time to re-buff and re-cast all that skills. So that's when you can switch up to sidearms and start shooting. 

Off the topic, it would sound like a lot of fun making a 12 man rebel party and try to gun down Randgris or something haha.

Yep it would be a fun challenge haha

I think, and it is obviously, that expandeds class need more love from Gravity. At least be able to equip better gear and get 175

#16 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 14 April 2016 - 06:17 PM

use high refined death fire and thanatos mvp card 

screenSakray037_zpsjcmwvlbm.jpg

#17 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:19 AM

Interestingly, Rebel is the latest class from Gravity, so I would expect they would put more love in it. Personally I think Rebel is already decent as it is, since it takes very little effort to level him up. Maybe few adjustment on its cast time and more high end gears would be nice.

Anyways if you need any MvP card to make the class viable, then the class is broken in my opinion. MvP cards are more of a cherry on the top, and not required by any means. I do think they went overboard with Super Novice though. Even with MvP cards, SNs horribly underperforms at almost any circumstances. 

#18 Siliency

Siliency

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:24 AM

Thats true.

Rebels are amazing for leveing with RT (besides SP drain) but I don't think the class design was made to be good vs MVP. Maybe with more test and research and better gear they can do some mid-high.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users