[C] The True Classic RO Challenge! - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[C] The True Classic RO Challenge!

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#26 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

You should definitely get some sleep.  :yawn:

Yea, probally a good idea.

#27 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 14 April 2016 - 05:45 PM

Day 3

Not much to note. Grinded geographers until job change.

I think I'll change to toy factory when I hit 60.

tumblr_o5nm9s6Jkt1u0prmfo1_500.jpg

(click to embiggen)

#28 Fritjof

Fritjof

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:51 AM

Day 5

• Bought an Earth Damascus, fresh from the forge courtesy of Hamtaro (it's a ranked dagger too!). Used the Earth Damascus to start up on Hill Winds found in Rachel. Some things to note about Hill Winds...
    • I can dodge them 95%, but they attack VERY fast (176aspd). This means that I had to switch from meat to fresh fish and bring a lot of fish on each trip as the map is quite a ways from Rachel itself
    • The exp/HP ratio is FANTASTIC (500 for bexp and 400 for jexp). I know I wrote that exp/hr is second to zeny but it feels GREAT to get 1% a kill again
    • Hill Winds have a 4 cell range for some reason, so they require a bit more input than simply clicking them. If you just click them to attack like you normally would a monster the game will put you in THEIR range and out of YOUR range (standing there...). A minor point but it does factor into things.
    • In terms of zeny, Hill Winds yield roughly 1700 zeny avg per kill (6s per kill) vs Mukas which yield 3000 zeny avg per kill (2s per kill). Considering the cost of fresh fish on top of things it seems obvious that Mukas are still vastly superior BUT there are a few factors which make it closer than you think; First of all, when killing Mukas I have to constantly mow down an army of Steel Chonchons and Metallers who swoop in to loot everything which lowers my avg zeny/hr. Secondly, the loot acquired from Mukas is something that has to be sold rather than simply OC'd to an npc, this may not seem like a big deal but considering the large number of things I've still yet to sell (mostly chonchon dolls, amethysts, panties I pick up from brief forays into sphinx) and the fact that some people feel like undercutting the average market price by 30% for no particular reason this does factor in to zeny/hr. Lastly the cards that can drop from Hill Winds are NOT worthless, whereas I'm sitting on no less than 4 Muka cards which can never be sold. All in all I'm making ~400k per hour at Hill Winds vs ~600k per hour in Mukas not counting Dragon Fly drops, but there's nothing to stop me from going there every hour from Rachel.
    • NO MORE MUKA NOISES (!!)
  • Maintenance ran long, so I was only to level for an hour and a half really but in that time I leveled the rogue to 70/40. Did I mention how much faster leveling Hill Winds are over Mukas?
  • The Earth Damascus cost me 2m, and in the short amount of time playing I was only able to make a little over 1m so we're looking at a slight loss today zeny-wise.
  • Tomorrow who knows what level I can reach there? 8x would be a bit of a stretch but that's what I'll shoot for.

saZCQEX.jpg

Edited by Fritjof, 15 April 2016 - 06:52 AM.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

I want to take part but I don't have time atm. It's so good to see people embracing challenges like these tho. Good luck and have fun on your journeys!

#30 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 18 April 2016 - 08:48 AM

Little update from the Assassin Meu kawaii no seu desu (The Last Airbender)!

Level 68 atm. It has been much harder than I thought it would be. Should have gone with Mukas to increase zeny incoming and purchase better equipments. Instead, I went to Sphinx/Pyramids to remember old bRO days and ended up doing a lot of sitting /heh. Nostalgia is real tho.

Next steps:

level up assassin skills

get some zeny to acquire a decent armor, uncarded gladius wont cut it forever.

#31 Fritjof

Fritjof

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 01:48 AM

Little update from the Assassin Meu kawaii no seu desu (The Last Airbender)!

Level 68 atm. It has been much harder than I thought it would be. Should have gone with Mukas to increase zeny incoming and purchase better equipments. Instead, I went to Sphinx/Pyramids to remember old bRO days and ended up doing a lot of sitting /heh. Nostalgia is real tho.

Next steps:

level up assassin skills

get some zeny to acquire a decent armor, uncarded gladius wont cut it forever.

Nice Shin :D

~~~~~

updated player list

~~~~~

Day 6 & 7

• Sorry I haven't been playing much/posting updates the past week, I was busy with the last of my finals and as of two days ago also finished moving /swt
  • Leveled the rogue to 72/45 on Hill Winds, someone informed me that a TU priest (eventually ME HP) would make me more money than a gank rogue so I decided to make one (leveling priests are fun anyways :D )
  • Sold the earth damascus (future rogue spots won't be wind enemies anyways), bought a Divine Cross, Spiritual Ring and Rosary[0]. In addition to being quite cheap (DC is 2m, ring is 2m, rosary is 11k) these priest items are ABSURDLY powerful for their price, providing me with...
    • +7 dex
    • +2 int
    • +2 luck
    • +5 mdef
    • +25% mAtk damage
    • -25% damage taken from Undead and Demon races
    • +9% SP Regen
    • +50% heal when used to damage(was essential leveling the Aco, available from lvl 20 onwards lol)
    • +30% damage with Magnus Exorcismus (!!)
  • Leveled the acolyte(named Gudmund, literally "god" and "protection") to 60/46 via heal bombing payon caves -> sphinx 1 (mummies, skel soldiers) -> GH Pris (zombie pris & skel pris).
  • Job changed to priest (the pilgrimage was easily the most tedious part), leveled to 63/27 in GH Pris.
  • Likely going to level here until blvl 70, then go to die to Anubis until I can reliably flee Ancient Mummy.
  • Final build is 77+ 21 agi 93 + 17 int 34 + 21 dex 51 + 39 luk. This hits multiple important breakpoints and also achieves 50% TU success rate against Ancient Mummies and Anubis.
  • Fleeing undead and demon enemies is VERY easy as a priest when you use offensive blessing (-50% to all stats), For example Ancient Mummy only requires ~160 flee to 95% dodge when it has been blessed instead of 222 flee required.
  • Ideally flee TU builds shouldn't have any points in dex, but I only decided between TU and ME at around level 50 and by that point it was too late. Additionally, TU priests can double as FS priests for pve purposes and dex is helpful in this (I may want to switch things up at some point), not to mention that having 1 dex on any caster can drive you mental.

cFPF8Fh.png

Edited by Fritjof, 21 April 2016 - 02:04 AM.

#32 Jester03

Jester03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:44 PM

Hey are you guys still doing it? I'd like to join.

#33 Fritjof

Fritjof

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:50 PM

Yep, the challenge doesn't have an end date or anything like that, it goes on as long as you can stick to the guidelines :D

joinnnnnn ussssssssssss

Edited by Fritjof, 21 April 2016 - 03:50 PM.

#34 Jester03

Jester03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:52 PM

What's the in game name of the character you will be playing when the server goes up? I'll PM you.

#35 Fritjof

Fritjof

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 03:55 PM

Gudmund

#36 Jester03

Jester03

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 04:58 PM

Ok server is up get online! (:

#37 Fritjof

Fritjof

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:04 PM

I'm online

#38 Fritjof

Fritjof

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:53 PM

updated guidelines

~~~~~

Day 8

• Not a lot done today due to very long maintenance
  • Leveled priest to 71/42. Anubis are AMAZING, I'll stay here until I can flee Ancient Mummies
  • I can almost smell the zeny...

Hvfrt2p.jpg

#39 Valadez

Valadez

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 372 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

I remember doing that in pre-renewal. Found so many Healing Staffs when I returned to Renewal recently.  :heh:

#40 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:08 PM

I'm starting a Merchant/to be Blacksmith in Classic. This challenge is actually pretty cool.

But how the hell did you got 8m zenny at day 4, starting from scrach??? Omg I've never had 8m in my entire RO life lol...

#41 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 10:59 PM

Mukas and clips.

#42 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:39 AM

Sorry for being kinda off-topic here. After this question I'll stop I swear it...

So this is Muka's drops...

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1055/

993.pngGreen Live 0.97%   952.pngCactus Needle 100.00% 713.pngEmpty Bottle 30.00%   511.pngGreen Herb 6.00% 507.pngRed Herb 14.93%   1451.pngGuisarme [2] 0.73% 1002.pngIron Ore 3.73%   4036.pngMuka Card 0.03%

Seeing those items in Ragial, they don't sell that well, except for bottle, but even then is 2k a piece, not that much I guess...

How exactly are you making money from these drops?

Edit: So to not be 100% off-topic, here's my log:

Day 1

• Created my char planned to be a Merchant. I always loved the fact that I could be self-sufficient in the merchant class, because I wouldn't need to create a secondary character just to sell stuff (of course that worked way back when RO had subscription so multi accs were not that commom, IMO this killed the game, and it's one of the reasons I really liked this Classic Challenge, I'll be playing only this char, and he'll also be my seller/crafter/etc). So I'm taking the challenge chance to play the game in a way that I find more fun, even if I'm at a disadvantage against people that preffer to play "starcraft" here (controlling 5~6 units).
  • The merchant job change was harder than expected on a new account with no help... I had to farm 1k gold via jellopies and the like, and as you probably realized by now, I'm really bad at making money in this game lol, I bet someone here knows about a level 1 monster that drops some itens at high rate that sells to 500z to a npc or something... I was just farming outside Alberta
  • After finally getting 1000z I'm now a fresh merchant, I only played for an hour or so because I started late, so I'm level 13/7 right now. Still a loooong way to go.
  • I'm still excited for this challenge, it's a good thing :)

Edited by Hardc0re, 22 April 2016 - 08:48 AM.

#43 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:42 AM

this is awesome

#44 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

Day 2

• Got 1 hour to spare before some IRL stuff so I decided to kill some Rockers. Mind you that I had only 200z, not even enough to buy an ASPD potion lol. that merchant job change fee really screwed my start
  • Got to 19/15
  • Put 1 point into Vending so I can manage to be the self-sufficient character I mentioned earlier. Right now I'm trying to sell some Javelin[4] that dropped from the Rockers, as well as some Empty Bottles. At this point any zenny is welcome.
  • I'm saving trash loot on the cart, I'll only sell it if I really need the money (i.e. my shop doesn't sell anything). Other than that, I'm saving those until I have Overcharge maxed

Edited by Hardc0re, 22 April 2016 - 10:56 AM.

#45 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

Interesting project and looks fun too! It's like the RO that I've been missing for years. Hope I can join once rl sched becomes a bit slack!

@Hardcore you can kill Dragon Fly in Muka map as well. It drops clip[1] :)

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:09 PM

The way i did it on a from scratch server was camping blue herbs and then either sell those to players (empty bottles are good too fyi!) or making them into pots to sell to the npc for pure zeny... there's an npc that takes the herbs and gives you a blue pot.

So empty bottles sell for 400-700z each to the bottle merchant if you can't find dragonfly.

#47 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:08 PM

payon dungeon also works nice if you got a merchie with OC

#48 Fritjof

Fritjof

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

@Hardc0re

Both bottles and cactus needles sell very well (I was always able to sell out within a few hours at most) as they are constantly in demand. When you factor in the spotlight and ganking Muka's are very lucrative, if somewhat annoying (constantly having to deal with looting Metallers and Steel Chonchons).

btw, welcome to the challenge! 

~~~~~

Day 9 & 10

• Leveled the priest to 81/50. Anubis would be 5 times faster exp/hr than mummies, but that means little when you consider...
  • Two glove [1] drops later and I've reached (and then some) my goal of being able to buy an ice pick. Now I just need to find one for a reasonable price. My next gear goal ought to be the pumpkin hat + alarm mask combo, which brings to mind the question: Should kafra shop items (buying them from other players w/ zeny) be against the rules? It really only applies to hats, but they are by far and large better than any of the actual in-game alternatives. Skull Cap [1] and the pumpkin hat combo are among the worst offenders. 
  • Going to stay with the priest farming gloves until the end of next week most likely, then focus on getting the rogue in shipshape for farming goats (low - mid 80s?). To get him there I can use the ice pick to gank drillers and demon pungus (both have massive defense, and drop yellow gemstones at a high rate; Lots of zeny to be had via ganking those on my way to the mid 80s).
  • The priest is built for agi TU right now, I'm thinking of going ME in the future when he transcends into high priest. I should be able to handle the more lucrative maps as a high priest whereas a priest would be eaten alive.
  • Between yellow gems, antelope horns and more glove [1] I think it's about time I shed the novice adventurer gear on both characters  :heh:  (I'll miss my little eggshell).

ABhrYLK.jpg

Edited by Fritjof, 23 April 2016 - 05:04 PM.

#49 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 24 April 2016 - 07:13 AM

Back into the swing of things. Day whatever.

e49843e9f227106528d79e162a74e69e.jpg

I am deeply bemoaning the lack of Kafra in Lutie. 

Purchased Pantie and Undershirt for like 175k. Now I'm broke again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#50 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 05:51 AM

Day 3:

• Started as 19/15 Merchant
  • Managed to sell the 30 Empty Bottles I had for 2k each. Finally some money!
  • Went on the Einbroch/Hugel and bought all 4 elemental daggers and the Goggles (thanks a lot for the tips in the OP!), and a Guard (lol)
  • Bought some Concentration Potions and with my little to no Ragnarok experience, decided to check some monsters on the database
  • Decided to kill some Mandragoras on Prontera Field 2, thinking that maybe they'll easilly die against my new fire dagger, and I can get some good selling materials from them
  • After 1 Concentration Potion (30m) of farming I'm not level 23/18 and have 52 Stems to sell
  • Even tho the exp is good (more than 6% per Mandragora) I don't know if it's a good enough spot for me. I blew trough most of my novice potions, they give lots of exp but hit hard. I have only 100 pots now, after that i'll have another aditional cost...
  • Gonna take a launch break and try to sell the Stems meanwhile. I'll update this post after I play a bit more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users