Class Ranking (Top 3 most expensive and Top 3 cheapest to gear) - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Class Ranking (Top 3 most expensive and Top 3 cheapest to gear)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Lumdmc

Lumdmc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:29 PM

What do you think is the Top 3 most expensive class to gear? and Top 3 cheapest class to gear? :)

#2 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:41 PM

cheapest

ab, performer, linker.

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:15 PM

this is totally subjective and debatable. my take:
cheapest: ranger, AB, performer
most expensive: warlock, shadow chaser, kagerou/oboro
reason: this the comparison how much zeny you need to play your chars good enough

#4 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:12 PM

Umm ranger is also the cheapest ? You mean the ones that using +7 gakkung and AS for 20-40k in bio4 party xD hihi

#5 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:04 AM

good in general. i mean you can be good in terms of damage comparison with other 3rd classes just by using white wing set and elven bow set. while warlock, k/o and SC needs to invest a lot just to reach similar damage to cheap ranger. in terms of AB and supports (performer, battery sorc) you just need a good survival gears to go.

#6 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:10 AM

reason: this the comparison how much zeny you need to play your chars good enough

as far as i know in woe SC dont need  many mvp card so i think consider not as expensive as other class?

i think every class is cheap as long it not take to bio, where ppl want to be with perfect party and perfect about everythink

#7 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:11 AM

I'd have to agree with Fuyukikun on that. That backs up my experiences.

#8 LiteAdi

LiteAdi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:12 AM

Umm ranger is also the cheapest ? You mean the ones that using +7 gakkung and AS for 20-40k in bio4 party xD hihi

what kind off ppl who already 150 still using gakkung. at least i get 2 oca i already can buy a elven bow

#9 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:17 AM

Supports tend to need less gear, but require micromanaging. GX or Ranger equipment seems fairly plentiful, and decent as far as price range; Sorc varies wildly, but that seems almost solely based on preferance, similarly to Sura.

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:18 AM

as far as i know in woe SC dont need many mvp card so i think consider not as expensive as other class?
i think every class is cheap as long it not take to bio, where ppl want to be with perfect party and perfect about everythink

i mean in general, not in terms of being super OP and oneshotting everything, since that will be another ranking.
example: to reach DPS of 30000 dmg per second, a ranger needs about 50m in general, while warlock needs about 300m, SC needs 400m, and something like that. so it can be treated in the same variable.

#11 Schizzler

Schizzler

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:22 AM

i mean in general, not in terms of being super OP and oneshotting everything, since that will be another ranking.
example: to reach DPS of 30000 dmg per second, a ranger needs about 50m in general, while warlock needs about 300m, SC needs 400m, and something like that. so it can be treated in the same variable.

#12 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

I disagree on SC being one of the most expensive classes, I mean yes if you are going to compete with other classes in terms of damage an SC then needs all the damage atk/etc he/she can get.

But when it comes to PVP/WoE, SC's won't be needing very expensive items, SC's have the skills to make others godly equips useless, especially in WoE, SC's job would be too skill dependent, you rarely see an SC attacking people, SC's just need decent survival gears. 

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:02 AM

favoritism at its best

#14 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:22 AM

and how did the SC get up to level 175 and WoE ready status? were you just carried/leeched by your friends?

#15 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:48 PM

Yep totally debatable, this is exactly what you did when I replied with my opinion on your post and you responded with "Favoritism at it's best"  :heh:

Look we shared the same opinion here! isn't that great? can we be friends now?

favoritism at its best

Just sharing from experience. I didn't need any godly/ high tier equips to fulfill SC role on my previous SC. Unlike other classes that needs over upgraded equipment.

and how did the SC get up to level 175 and WoE ready status? were you just carried/leeched by your friends?

Wow, I sense sarcasm on this post.  I'm sure you can figure out the cheapest way to get to 175, I believe in you.

Edited by Usurper, 11 April 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#16 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:10 PM

I can say that Gene>Crit RK>WL are expensive classes to maintain and compare to

Ranger>*insert class here*>*insert class here*  

( Don't have experience in all classes and I'm an impulsive buyer so I tend to buy anything that catches my eye) :wah:

#17 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:20 PM

I disagree on SC being one of the most expensive classes, I mean yes if you are going to compete with other classes in terms of damage an SC then needs all the damage atk/etc he/she can get.

But when it comes to PVP/WoE, SC's won't be needing very expensive items, SC's have the skills to make others godly equips useless, especially in WoE, SC's job would be too skill dependent, you rarely see an SC attacking people, SC's just need decent survival gears. 

I personally think  Chasers are expensive to gear. Eden gear doesn't cut it in PVM or WoE, and the double SP cost can be heavy of new players that can't afford SP recovery items. 

As for leveling, I 175'd a SC pre - NCT I can tell you it is/was a pain in the ass.

Back then we had Bio 4 and Bio 4. Getting a party was damn near impossible unless your friends were leading it. All chasers can do is Storm Gust and Jack Frost to freeze mobs, because Masquerade Ignorance is disabled on that map. 

Now a days, a spell chaser can grind their way to 175 in NCT with bounty boards. 

So in a sense you are right, pitifully geared SC can 175 now, but it requires a lot of grinding. But this is iRO, players are used to gramps holding their hands through 150. 

Not trying to act like a big shot, but I remember fire trap grinding to level my chaser pre skill patch 1.  Inb4 of course you are anti gramps because you are 175 already.

Edited by MilkyThief, 11 April 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#18 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:26 PM

Yep totally debatable, this is exactly what you did when I replied with my opinion on your post and you responded with "Favoritism at it's best" :heh:

Look we shared the same opinion here! isn't that great? can we be friends now?

Just sharing from experience. I didn't need any godly/ high tier equips to fulfill SC role on my previous SC. Unlike other classes that needs over upgraded equipment.

Wow, I sense sarcasm on this post. I'm sure you can figure out the cheapest way to get to 175, I believe in you.

reading comprehension at its best. i didnt talk about woe coz it is different story. in woe, SC becomes a cheap to gear class while ranger becomes an expensive class.
it is totally debatable, of course i said favoritism at its best to say my disagreement towards your post.

#19 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:30 PM

Are we seriously sure on that? I sometimes feel heal providing gears are expensive as hell.

#20 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 April 2016 - 03:39 PM

Hey man, for your WoE SC question, please refer to my friends post below(in bold).

reading comprehension at its best. i didnt talk about woe coz it is different story. in woe, SC becomes a cheap to gear class while ranger becomes an expensive class.
it is totally debatable, of course i said favoritism at its best to say my disagreement towards your post.

"reading comprehension at its best" lol'd at this. Topic said "Top 3 most expensive and Top 3 cheapest to gear" it should be over all, so you should be including WoE setting as well.

So that concludes it or atleast we both agree that SC's generally don't need expensive equipment to do their job in WoE which is debuffing, applying ground paint etc.

Now let's move on to leveling:

As Milky Thief stated:

So in a sense you are right, pitifully geared SC can 175 now, but it requires a lot of grinding. But this is iRO, players are used to gramps holding their hands through 150. 

Still think SC's are expensive to gear? If you're making a different type of SC rather than the general WoE/Debuff type that's a different story, especially for bow type SCs since you'll be needing almost all ranger equipment to improve damage.

Now let's compare Bow SCs to Rangers:

Freaking Rangers have access to more expensive class specific gears than bow SCs ex:

Autumn Headband(Ranger) > EMH (SC)

Big Cross Bow(Ranger)  > Catapult/OAB(SC)

Bow SCs would still be cheaper.

Edited by Usurper, 11 April 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#21 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

oh my god....
i am giving up on you...
i limit myself when i talk about this rank coz for every scenario there will be different rank.
pvm has its own gear cost rank, woe has its own gear cost rank.
thanks marty to point that up, i think being a support class has its own gear cost rank also.
and i talked in DPS side, while you talking in woe side when SC's role is a disabler, not DPS. it is a whole different world baby. you cant mix pvm and woe scenario.

#22 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:36 PM

Ok my friend, let's just get back to your statement. All I'm saying is you can play an SC good enough with decent WoE gears and get to 175 with patience as what Milky Thief stated, no need for flashy DPS etc.

oh my god....
i am giving up on you...

i limit myself when i talk about this rank coz for every scenario there will be different rank.
pvm has its own gear cost rank, woe has its own gear cost rank.
thanks marty to point that up, i think being a support class has its own gear cost rank also.
and i talked in DPS side, while you talking in woe side when SC's role is a disabler, not DPS. it is a whole different world baby. you cant mix pvm and woe scenario.

Are those lines (in bold) from a song?  :heh:  Why are you always taking things too seriously? And why do marty get a thanks but no thanks for me?  :(

I am talking about both, not only WoE.

For DPS chaser build if it is an A.S.S build you can get by with ice pick and storm gust or bowling bash with soul collectors armor if dex type, only down side is it'll be crippling slow to level but if you're looking for cheap methods in getting to 175 this is one thing.

Edited by Usurper, 11 April 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#23 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

My last two cents on this....

Since Renewal hit, RO has streamlined gears to be more important than stats. (Look at all the junk cards out there, from Pre-Renewal when having a few extra stat points mattered, my 175 doesn't need +3 AGI or cards like that)

Therefor to be a "good" player you need "good" gears. What "good" is is subjective to the individual.

Gramps made it easy for all 3rd classes to 150 on iRO. When the 175 update came out we were missing a lot of content that was needed to make leveling outside Bio 4 and Luina GD viable. This annoyed people and turned people away from the idea that they had to grind to 175. Is it hard to 175 now? No not entirely, but peoples hands aren't held like they were with Gramps. This might be a deal breaker for some people.  Atleast gramps somewhat teaches people to play their class unlike a certain jumping lady we all love/hate....

tldr: Arguing over what class is more expensive is a stupid waste of time. #MakeROGreatAgain

Remember, RO is srs bsns. Totally not a videogame that is supposta be fun or anything like that.........

#24 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:43 PM

Hey folks, what is cooking? Please keep things under control.

#25 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:01 PM

@Usurper , just drop it fer now . Please listen to me just this time , ayt ? :no1:

I'm almost out of office . We can talk things like this later . I promise I'll be online for the next 2 days (I'll just have to hide from my boss :wah: )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users