178 replies to this topic

#76 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:50 PM

Oh cool. My level 58 friend did all of Van Cliff with me from start-Bone Dragon and put on an exp pot expecting to get more than 15% for the entire thing. I really hope it's broken.

#77 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

Still no word from any mods. What's the problem guys? :/

#78 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:05 AM

Still no word from any mods. What's the problem guys? :/

They aren't too big on acknowledgment despite obviously being active (see: quickly deleted threads on certain topics).

#79 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:08 AM

They aren't too big on acknowledgment despite obviously being active (see: quickly deleted threads on certain topics).

Agreed. I wonder why everything is being kept so hush hush.
Just put the numbers back to where they should be and everyone will be happy. Whats the big deal?

#80 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

fp i miss running vc and getting a chunk of exp on my 64 gren, now im lucky to get 5%

#81 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:51 AM

RAGE: congratulations, you've managed to rehash a topic i started on monday evening! yet still there have been no posts from any community managers or admins regarding the obvious drop in base exp values. people are too worried over the server's connectivity problems and gateway. nobody has focused on the real problem. all they're doing is distracting from the exp drop at this point.

sensibility: yes, there has been a huge exp drop. you're not crazy. most of us (that actually pay attention) have noticed it. i tried on monday to get attention to it, but there were no community managers in these forums since last thursday, when hastur checked the exp tool, yes there was an exp increase for the event (mentioned), but base exp value got dropped (100% ignored), the weekend was normal exp. nobody has said anything.

The real problem here is the disconnection, not the exp problems. Let em fix one thing at a time.

#82 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 01:32 AM

The real problem here is the disconnection, not the exp problems. Let em fix one thing at a time.

Whats the point of being able to connect to the game when you have no reason to?

I'll tell you guys what's going on. Because this is EXACTLY what happened before. These are our new rates, and GI/WP doesn't want to talk about it. They wanna wait until we stop caring. The new Dracos Tower is coming guys! Don't worry about those silly exp issues WE GOT COOL STUFF ON THE WAY. They are hoping people will give up and accept it. Just like THQ did.

#83 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

I haven't gotten DCed in days. I would like to level up now. Because in the past week of grinding I have gotten 30%. This is crap and every player here knows it! These rates are worse than THQ's and soon everyone that plays this game will be raging because they will have to level up again too.

#84 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

Whats the point of being able to connect to the game when you have no reason to?

I'll tell you guys what's going on. Because this is EXACTLY what happened before. These are our new rates, and GI/WP doesn't want to talk about it. They wanna wait until we stop caring. The new Dracos Tower is coming guys! Don't worry about those silly exp issues WE GOT COOL STUFF ON THE WAY. They are hoping people will give up and accept it. Just like THQ did.

Whats the point of being able to gain a little more exp when you get d/ced every 10 minutes.

#85 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:16 AM

Whats the point of being able to gain a little more exp when you get d/ced every 10 minutes.

1. If you get EXP then you will still net gain, unlike now where you still lose EXP overall
2. I have not DCed due to server problems, and neither have anyone on my friends list or in my guild in days. We still cannot level because we get a fraction of the EXP we are supposed to be getting.

#86 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:49 AM

1. If you get EXP then you will still net gain, unlike now where you still lose EXP overall
2. I have not DCed due to server problems, and neither have anyone on my friends list or in my guild in days. We still cannot level because we get a fraction of the EXP we are supposed to be getting.

Great for you and your friends to have a good connection. However, during the ddos attacks, I've had to relog, back to the town and reopen my shop every sing time. Don't get me started on the f6 that I had to restart cuz of the d/c. Yeah exp rate problem is pretty important too but I'm pretty sure, pretty damn sure that ddos attacks and their connection problem is WAY more important than the exp problem.

#87 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:12 AM

The connection problem isn't really a problem anymore seeing as most people now (not a week ago) can log on and play with little to no lag and rarely dc. Of course you are going to have people that just have garbage internet connections and lag like crazy and blame the game but as a general consensus it's time to fix the exp :D

#88 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 07 December 2010 - 04:32 AM

Ive had absolutely NO D/CS or lag outs in days :F EXP IS STILL MUCKED THO!!!

#89 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

Exactly

#90 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:27 AM

Lag is terrible after the most recent patch for some reason. There is none of it in town, but when I'm actually doing something, I notice a half second delay for all my skills, especially in PvP.

#91 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:25 AM

Great for you and your friends to have a good connection. However, during the ddos attacks, I've had to relog, back to the town and reopen my shop every sing time. Don't get me started on the f6 that I had to restart cuz of the d/c. Yeah exp rate problem is pretty important too but I'm pretty sure, pretty damn sure that ddos attacks and their connection problem is WAY more important than the exp problem.

what you're not understanding is... ITS OVER ALREADY, the servers have been stable for days, so you just need to quiet down and focus on the real problem now, the exp.
these low rates are intolerable, at least acknowledge that this happened, dont ignore it, give us a reason for this drop warpportal... at least when people were complaining about gateway calanor came in to talk to people, and then threats were made to forum users who werent doing anything that was against any of the terms of service or posting regulations... people in other parts of the site are right... everyone deserves equal posting conditions, you cant just change the rules because you feel threatened. our exp is bad. gateway is bad. there are no longer any issues with disconnections. its been said gateway isnt going away, so now its time to address it. fix our exp.

#92 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:34 AM

what you're not understanding is... ITS OVER ALREADY, the servers have been stable for days, so you just need to quiet down and focus on the real problem now, the exp.
these low rates are intolerable, at least acknowledge that this happened, dont ignore it, give us a reason for this drop warpportal... at least when people were complaining about gateway calanor came in to talk to people, and then threats were made to forum users who werent doing anything that was against any of the terms of service or posting regulations... people in other parts of the site are right... everyone deserves equal posting conditions, you cant just change the rules because you feel threatened. our exp is bad. gateway is bad. there are no longer any issues with disconnections. its been said gateway isnt going away, so now its time to address it. fix our exp.

Oh yeah because they fixed the d/c problem months ago and exploring exp problem just take few days right?

(sarcasm)

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 07 December 2010 - 09:38 AM.

#93 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:09 AM

Oh yeah because they fixed the d/c problem months ago and exploring exp problem just take few days right?

(sarcasm)

-.- and you're not helping anything, what you're doing is the kind of thing that allows companies to take advantage of their customers like this...

#94 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

Surprisingly, a (competent) company can concentrate on several issues at once. Especially when the DDOS and lag is Gravity the publisher's issue, and the EXP rates are going to be the developers issues to fix. Or not fix. So it's truly a pointless argument to have.

#95 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:20 AM

-.- and you're not helping anything, what you're doing is the kind of thing that allows companies to take advantage of their customers like this...

Yes, trying to get into Gravity's shoes makes me the bad guy.

Honestly, exp problem isn't something that is taken lightly. They need to do some testing of their own, report it to Barunson, alert the players of what has happened and implement a change if there needs to be any. Unless they run extensive tests and have any insight on it, they're not gonna talk about it.

(God, I love thinking.)

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 07 December 2010 - 10:21 AM.

#96 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:21 AM

The EXP rate issue happened because of whatever the hell was going on with Gravity during the Thanksgiving event so Barunson does not theoretically have to be involved with the fix

#97 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

The EXP rate issue happened because of whatever the hell was going on with Gravity during the Thanksgiving event so Barunson does not theoretically have to be involved with the fix

Before any major changes to the game, they NEED to talk with the developers. Especially exp issues.

#98 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:26 AM

Barunson has to provide the patch. Publishers typically don't have permission to alter anything or a team that is capable of doing so. Not sure what theory you're adhering to.

#99 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

O_O

The issue isn't a matter of "changing" but restoring the EXP rate to the original rate before it was butchered. That's why I think they wouldn't have to speak with Barunson to get an "OK" or anything of that sort. I believe if anything they would inform Barunson of the issue as they are fixing it. That shouldn't hinder the speed of the fix at all imo...

#100 MegaThor

MegaThor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

Maybe with the new patch coming tomorrow (i want to think is tomorrow with the maintence) with the new content they ad the special channels for diferents levels with diferent exp each channel (like iah).

If the didn't... the MUST do thing... the exp right now is ridiculous and is going to be IMPOSIBLE to cap to 70

ADMINS if you are there... we want an answer. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users