#101 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:37 AM

O_O

The issue isn't a matter of "changing" but restoring the EXP rate to the original rate before it was butchered. That's why I think they wouldn't have to speak with Barunson to get an "OK" or anything of that sort. I believe if anything they would inform Barunson of the issue as they are fixing it. That shouldn't hinder the speed of the fix at all imo...

You don't get it. Sorry, that sounded kind of snarky. But exp rates are coded into the game, it's just not something that can be changed arbitrarily by the publisher. Gravity literally has to feed Barunson a list of bugs, and then sit around and wait for them to provide a patch. They don't need an okay, they need Barunson to DO IT.

#102 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:40 AM

You don't get it. Sorry, that sounded kind of snarky. But exp rates are coded into the game, it's just not something that can be changed arbitrarily by the publisher. Gravity literally has to feed Barunson a list of bugs, and then sit around and wait for them to provide a patch. They don't need an okay, they need Barunson to DO IT.

So then you are telling me that for events and such Barunson also provides the patches for those as well?

#103 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

So then you are telling me that for events and such Barunson also provides the patches for those as well?

Yes, exactly.

#104 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:45 AM

Soooooo tedious :D

#105 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

Yes, exactly.

and thats exactly why hastur said there was an exp tool, and thats why pservers have insane exp boosts 100% of the time.

#106 MegaThor

MegaThor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:50 AM

Maybe with the new patch coming tomorrow (i want to think is tomorrow with the maintence) with the new content they ad the special channels for diferents levels with diferent exp each channel (like iah).

If the didn't... the MUST do thing... the exp right now is ridiculous and is going to be IMPOSIBLE to cap to 70

ADMINS if you are there... we want an answer. Thanks.

bump

#107 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts
  • LocationAway from home.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:52 AM

bump

Already exists. Recommended channels give 5% more exp.

and thats exactly why hastur said there was an exp tool, and thats why pservers have insane exp boosts 100% of the time.

That still doesn't mean they can change it whenever they want.

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 07 December 2010 - 10:53 AM.

#108 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

How hard is it to either explain why this EXP conundrum is happening, or to fix it?
Shoudln't take more than ten minutes to do EITHER
Yet it has taken days to get a simple response from the lurking moderators
St least tell us "we're craaayyyzzeee" so we actually have a reason to not listen to your drabble and actually quit
Well, me

#109 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

How hard is it to either explain why this EXP conundrum is happening, or to fix it?
Shoudln't take more than ten minutes to do EITHER
Yet it has taken days to get a simple response from the lurking moderators
St least tell us "we're craaayyyzzeee" so we actually have a reason to not listen to your drabble and actually quit
Well, me

we want truth, or are you going to prove yourselves worse than any other company? you're already close to the bottom, and im sure everyone, even rose players (idk opinions, all i know is its a game the dev's abandoned like 4/7 through, so its a miracle its being hosted) would agree.

#110 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:06 AM

I honestly don't know where people get the idea of Gravity being a bad publisher. Yes they've had problems with d/c problems but seriously, why don't you just blame Germany for WW2 while you're at it. Take a chill pill, they're hosting a new game with 4 already existing, we're not the only game they need to care about.

I'd rather have busy mods that actually care about this game than, money hungry nexon or not caring THQICE, etc.

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 07 December 2010 - 11:07 AM.

#111 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

Who the hell else would you blame for WWII?
That was the worst and most uneducated analogy I've heard in a long while, proving more to the point that your debating skills are sub-par at best, and should be overlooked for not being able to benefit the discussion

#112 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:35 AM

That was the worst and most uneducated analogy I've heard in a long while, proving more to the point that your debating skills are sub-par at best, and should be overlooked for not being able to benefit the discussion

^ This.

#113 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:37 AM

I think he might have been referring to the fact that the Treaty of Versailles screwed Germany over to begin with and that much of the blame came from being the last axis standing. Not that I'm saying it was a great analogy either.

#114 iKnowMyABCs

iKnowMyABCs

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1207 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:45 AM

I think he might have been referring to the fact that the Treaty of Versailles screwed Germany over to begin with and that much of the blame came from being the last axis standing. Not that I'm saying it was a great analogy either.

^This

I suggest you take history class. Preferably about WW1 leading to WW2. (I agree, only people who took in dept history class with my professor would understand this)

Edited by iKnowMyABCs, 07 December 2010 - 11:53 AM.

#115 Meganekko

Meganekko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 924 posts
  • Location305

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

fp atleast their not pulling a THQ "We have checked the exp rates and find they are exactly as they are suppose to be" fpfpfpfp

#116 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

Honestly people the history lesson is unnecessary...
Let's stay on task!

#117 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:49 AM

fp atleast their not pulling a THQ "We have checked the exp rates and find they are exactly as they are suppose to be" fpfpfpfp

I'd totes ragequit and not just talk about ragequtting. :[

#118 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

I'd rather have busy mods that actually care about this game than, money hungry nexon or not caring THQICE, etc.

i would too, unfortunately we end up with mods that arent saying a word to us other than calanor defending a broken application.

#119 nplooj

nplooj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:03 PM

instead of fixing all this lag issue they have the time to drop exp rate lol.....

#120 LadiThePKK

LadiThePKK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

Yes, exactly.

Don't make assumptions when you don't know anything about their contract.

#121 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

I suggest you take history class. Preferably about WW1 leading to WW2. (I agree, only people who took in dept history class with my professor would understand this)

Heck, I learned this in my grade 10 history, which is mandatory here in Canada in high school.

Back on topic, I'm just guessing they have their hands full right now. They even took on another new game. It's tough trying to keep up. Give them until Christmas before you start judging because remember that Gravity's staff are people too. And it is holiday season. Just give them time, not this ridiculous "Give them a week to fix all our lag, the exp rate, boss items, drop rates, soul crafting rates, etc. :D" because it really is a long daunting task, and they will run into problems along the way. If you don't believe me, then I dare you to finish renovating an entire basement with a bathroom and entertainment room (rewiring the entire basement, as well as adding plumbing) in one day, because technically that's what we're telling them.

#122 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:25 PM

Heck, I learned this in my grade 10 history, which is mandatory here in Canada in high school.

Back on topic, I'm just guessing they have their hands full right now. They even took on another new game. It's tough trying to keep up. Give them until Christmas before you start judging because remember that Gravity's staff are people too. And it is holiday season. Just give them time, not this ridiculous "Give them a week to fix all our lag, the exp rate, boss items, drop rates, soul crafting rates, etc. :D" because it really is a long daunting task, and they will run into problems along the way. If you don't believe me, then I dare you to finish renovating an entire basement with a bathroom and entertainment room (rewiring the entire basement, as well as adding plumbing) in one day, because technically that's what we're telling them.

That's a pretty terrible analogy. It doesn't matter at all that it's holiday season, that they took another game, or that they're people too. They are running a BUSINESS. It's a piss poor business plan to take on a new game if you don't have the manpower to solve the existing issues, just like it'd be a bad business plan for a company to tell you that they'll build you a new basement in a day. They've had more than a week to fix the lag - there have been networking issues since that backbone was severed in LA, probably beforehand too. Boss items, drop rates, and soul craft rates can't be lumped in at all seeing as they don't need to be FIXED, people would just like them raised as a suggestion to improving gameplay. EXP, however, has been noticeably broken after the event. They are completely different situations.

It's not their job to magically fix it all at once. But as a company that would like to keep customers and make money, it is important that they have some sort of public face. We have not really seen much of them at all or any acknowledgment on several issues. It takes what - a minute or two? - to log in and say "Yes, we know this is a problem and have a plan to fix it" or "yes, we're working on it" or "no, we actually don't care and that isn't a problem at all". If they were doing this as a hobby then it'd be true - they are people that have prior commitments. But this is their job and they are supposed to supply us with a certain quality of service, otherwise they will (and have already) lose players.

#123 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 08 December 2010 - 12:45 PM

That's a pretty terrible analogy. It doesn't matter at all that it's holiday season, that they took another game, or that they're people too. They are running a BUSINESS. It's a piss poor business plan to take on a new game if you don't have the manpower to solve the existing issues, just like it'd be a bad business plan for a company to tell you that they'll build you a new basement in a day. They've had more than a week to fix the lag - there have been networking issues since that backbone was severed in LA, probably beforehand too. Boss items, drop rates, and soul craft rates can't be lumped in at all seeing as they don't need to be FIXED, people would just like them raised as a suggestion to improving gameplay. EXP, however, has been noticeably broken after the event. They are completely different situations.

It's not their job to magically fix it all at once. But as a company that would like to keep customers and make money, it is important that they have some sort of public face. We have not really seen much of them at all or any acknowledgment on several issues. It takes what - a minute or two? - to log in and say "Yes, we know this is a problem and have a plan to fix it" or "yes, we're working on it" or "no, we actually don't care and that isn't a problem at all". If they were doing this as a hobby then it'd be true - they are people that have prior commitments. But this is their job and they are supposed to supply us with a certain quality of service, otherwise they will (and have already) lose players.

All I'm saying is asking people to be a little patient. As much as I see the logic in your argument, all I ask is just to be patient. Beating a dead horse is pointless. Let Gravity deal with their problems. If they choose not to behave that they are supposed to as a business, then let them ruin themselves. All I ask is to wait and see.

That was just my opinion, as dumb as it sounded.

#124 MicoJive

MicoJive

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:00 PM

its not about being patient, its about them not even addressing that there is a problem with it...just totally ignoring it.

#125 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:17 PM

How long do you consider patience should last? Not this long for sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users