178 replies to this topic

#126 Trivle

Trivle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:19 PM

I hope it gets fixed before the Christmas/New Years ExpEvents

Edited by Trivle, 08 December 2010 - 01:43 PM.

#127 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:20 PM

All I'm saying is asking people to be a little patient. As much as I see the logic in your argument, all I ask is just to be patient. Beating a dead horse is pointless. Let Gravity deal with their problems. If they choose not to behave that they are supposed to as a business, then let them ruin themselves. All I ask is to wait and see.

That was just my opinion, as dumb as it sounded.

It's not dumb and I definitely do agree with you that everyone needs to be patient, because these things do need time to be fixed. My major issue is really their lack of acknowledgment of the problems, and the fact that they don't seem to be treating it with the importance that they should.

I don't want to be one of those people screaming "the game is dying!" when it's obviously not, but the pile of issues that are going on truly is making the game unplayable for a number of people, be it literally unable to log in or getting 1% from F6 and just not being worth it.

#128 SiriusTaupe

SiriusTaupe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:43 PM

I do agree that they should communicate with us a little more, but I honestly can't think of anything else they could say that they haven't already. They've been constantly reminding us that there are disconnect errors happening across all of their games, and Heimdallr's post here explains that this is a disaster several months in the making, which they obviously can't take care of in a matter of hours (like some people here tend to think they can). More of their staff talking to us on the forums == less manpower fixing their internal issues; though I submit that it wouldn't take too long for someone to give us a little daily update.

I really don't know what to say about the (alleged) experience drop, though. I've been keeping up with this topic, and while the rates do seem lower than I remember, there's not absolute proof that the experience dropped below what normal rates should be. There's always a possibility that people claim to have gotten 2-3 times the experience they do now by comparing their 100+ combo boost, level 50 character with the event, to a 0 combo, level 55 character without it. Or even that Barunson accidentally gave us +150% (i.e. 250%), rather than just 150% of normal experience.

Assuming the people here are right, though (and I do hope they are, I'm trying to stay as impartial as I can while we don't know anything for sure), I'd like to believe that the mods here haven't said anything because they're busy planning some special bonus for when they resolve the latency issues. You know, because they've already done stuff like that to us before: remember when they popped the commercial release on us 2 days after beta testing?

Tl;dr: Be patient, like a lot of people here have been saying :D

#129 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:19 PM

It's not dumb and I definitely do agree with you that everyone needs to be patient, because these things do need time to be fixed. My major issue is really their lack of acknowledgment of the problems, and the fact that they don't seem to be treating it with the importance that they should.

I don't want to be one of those people screaming "the game is dying!" when it's obviously not, but the pile of issues that are going on truly is making the game unplayable for a number of people, be it literally unable to log in or getting 1% from F6 and just not being worth it.

People are impatient because WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE. Nothing was done about it and the game DID die. I wanted a publisher (and developer, but it seems Barunson will always have the authority to screw this game up as much as they want) that actually friendly and considerate knowing what we went through before. I wanted a change not a lesser evil.

#130 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:37 PM

People are impatient because WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS BEFORE. Nothing was done about it and the game DID die. I wanted a publisher (and developer, but it seems Barunson will always have the authority to screw this game up as much as they want) that actually friendly and considerate knowing what we went through before. I wanted a change not a lesser evil.

Maybe the game is cursed.

#131 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

Maybe the game is cursed.

I've been saying this for awhile now ;_;

#132 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:37 PM

I'm getting 1% to 2% at arka f6 being level 56 its obviously not normal right? :D

#133 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

Disregard that...
As soon as I posted and went back in-game it went back to terribad...

Edited by Tangelo, 08 December 2010 - 04:47 PM.

#134 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:47 PM

Uhmm so I think the exp just got fixed...

checking*
YAY it did :D

Edited by Misuu, 08 December 2010 - 05:01 PM.

#135 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:48 PM

No, it isn't fixed. I'm still getting overly crap exp.

#136 DarkWyvern

DarkWyvern

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vvyern

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

For now, I'm just logged out at Port of Winds for now. Due to how slow it is, most of the time my rest exp continues to build. Then again, I have a essays to write up that I've been trying to keep up with. XDD

Well, I hope that everything works out in the end.

#137 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:53 PM

OK it went back up :D
I'm in CSS right now and it's fluctuating
With Terribad exp i get around 5k per kill
Now i'm getting 11-13k

#138 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:55 PM

Oh wow it did go up now.

#139 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:56 PM

Just changed again...
I think they are testing it or something...this is really odd

#140 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 08 December 2010 - 04:59 PM

No kidding. Hopefully they keep it raised though =|

#141 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

The "raised" exp that we are getting at the moment i believe the exp we got before the thanksgiving event so it should stay but weird stuff is happening in-game like my exp bar got frozen for about 25 kills...

#142 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:03 PM

Well, at least SOMETHING is happening. I'm gonna hop on for once and maybe even do something productive. If anyone wants to Arka f6 or VC, poke at me.

#143 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

Well, at least SOMETHING is happening. I'm gonna hop on for once and maybe even do something productive. If anyone wants to Arka f6 or VC, poke at me.

I guess I'll play some as well...oh wait, game is down. >_<

#144 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:10 PM

Sorry for a delayed response, ever since the Thanksgiving "exp issue" we were aware that there was an issue. We are currently are working with Barunson to find out what has changed either server side or something that is causing this issue. At first we thought it may have been a fluke issue however with all the recent reports it seems to be a much larger issue. Hopefully we can find out what was changed and change it back or at the very least find out WHY it was changed. I'll keep you posted as soon as i know.

#145 canajew

canajew

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

Sorry for a delayed response, ever since the Thanksgiving "exp issue" we were aware that there was an issue. We are currently are working with Barunson to find out what has changed either server side or something that is causing this issue. At first we thought it may have been a fluke issue however with all the recent reports it seems to be a much larger issue. Hopefully we can find out what was changed and change it back or at the very least find out WHY it was changed. I'll keep you posted as soon as i know.

OMFG A REPLY

#146 Balladd

Balladd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:14 PM

May we also know why is it when we log out of the game we can't get back in anymore?

#147 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

Thanks Hastur for the update =D

#148 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City
  • Server:Vyvern [US]

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:26 PM

Hastur owns. No doubt about it.

We should make a poll saying
1. "Is Hastur an awesome GM?"
2. "is Hastur a perfect GM?"
3. "is Hastur an awesome GM?"

I would love to pick all three :P

#149 SiriusTaupe

SiriusTaupe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:30 PM

See? I told you my optimism would pay off! (Well, I didn't ever really say that outright, but I think it was implied...)

I'm just glad my exp theory was wrong, after all.

#150 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:37 PM

Thank you very much for the update Hastur! You really have no idea how much I, and I think everyone of us, appreciates it. You're the man...man (:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users