• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#151 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 07:38 PM

Sorry for a delayed response, ever since the Thanksgiving "exp issue" we were aware that there was an issue. We are currently are working with Barunson to find out what has changed either server side or something that is causing this issue. At first we thought it may have been a fluke issue however with all the recent reports it seems to be a much larger issue. Hopefully we can find out what was changed and change it back or at the very least find out WHY it was changed. I'll keep you posted as soon as i know.

thank you so much for responding. we appreciate that you're listening and yes, it was a delayed response, and my suggestion for future issues like this, is say something sooner so we dont feel like we're being ignored, we know you're listening, we know you're not our previous host. we really do enjoy this game, and we enjoy having active community managers.

yes, the exp event at thanksgiving was boosted exp, but our base exp values had dropped, and they never returned to normal. as a community, we are grateful that you're trying to do something on our behalf.

#152 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:32 PM

Hastur owns. No doubt about it.

We should make a poll saying
1. "Is Hastur an awesome GM?"
2. "is Hastur a perfect GM?"
3. "is Hastur an awesome GM?"

I would love to pick all three :P

Except im not a GM :unsure: I'm a CM, Community Manager.

thank you so much for responding. we appreciate that you're listening and yes, it was a delayed response, and my suggestion for future issues like this, is say something sooner so we dont feel like we're being ignored, we know you're listening, we know you're not our previous host. we really do enjoy this game, and we enjoy having active community managers.

yes, the exp event at thanksgiving was boosted exp, but our base exp values had dropped, and they never returned to normal. as a community, we are grateful that you're trying to do something on our behalf.

Your right i should have said something sooner, so I'll accept full responsibility on that one. I can't promise it will never happen again but i can say I'll work on it. Working on multiple titles has me a bit bogged down but hopefully I'll have more time to focus on DS soon.

#153 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

All is forgiven good sir. I am glad something is being done.

#154 nplooj

nplooj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

Hastur is the best CM....

#155 Taomang

Taomang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationInfinity and Beyond

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:45 AM

Ive been wondering does Gravity have any plans on hiring "official" CMs for DS and Freestyle? It will most def take a huge workload from your back.

Maybe we should peer pressure the staff to give us Hastur and give the new CM to Requiem >:P

#156 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Ive been wondering does Gravity have any plans on hiring "official" CMs for DS and Freestyle? It will most def take a huge workload from your back.

Maybe we should peer pressure the staff to give us Hastur and give the new CM to Requiem >:P

I was gonna say the same thing and then I realized you said it in the second half of your post. I want Hastur! Give the new one to someone else!

If his office was near me I'd drop off a box of chocolate. Then he'd be like "I'm allergic to chocolate" and kick me out. WHY DID YOU BREAK MY HEART LIKE THAT?

#157 Tangelo

Tangelo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 01:05 PM

Is there a time frame yet on when we cab see a change in the current rate?

Edited by Tangelo, 10 December 2010 - 01:06 PM.

#158 Tran

Tran

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:40 PM

Has the EXP been fixed yet?
I feel like I'm still getting low EXP.

#159 sXcDennis

sXcDennis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:42 PM

Has the EXP been fixed yet?
I feel like I'm still getting low EXP.

No.

#160 Tran

Tran

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

No.

Ugh, okay.
Thanks. :rolleyes:

#161 willhighwind

willhighwind

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

It takes twice the time to level now. It kinda sucks that they dropped the exp by 50%.

#162 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:53 PM

When we first moved- People: "WE'RE LIKING THIS PLACE ALREADY THANKS FOR THE HOME WARPPORTAL! LOVE YA!"
Now-People: "My goodness, low exp rates, dcs,gateway errors,lame class name and game changes WHY WARPPORTAL WHY!!!!"

Edited by Paxon, 10 December 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#163 squinty

squinty

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 567 posts
  • LocationHQ

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:18 AM

Exp rates are crazy really. I am slowly losing my mind when it comes to leveling.
Whoever is using pots are lucky though, it is faster than everyone else!

#164 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:59 AM

The current rates seem like THQ was when there was no event. You can sail along thanks to the increased exp from quests, but then when you run out of quests it's like "Oh, :rolleyes:." Doesn't help that the population has dwindled to a mere iota of what it once was.

#165 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:10 AM

Exp rates are crazy really. I am slowly losing my mind when it comes to leveling.
Whoever is using pots are lucky though, it is faster than everyone else!

Wrong. Whoever is using pots now is wasting money. There is a good chance for an EXP event on and around christmas.

Unless you are sitting on a gazillion pots....

Edited by chaosdragoon1, 11 December 2010 - 05:10 AM.

#166 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:15 AM

Wrong. Whoever is using pots now is wasting money. There is a good chance for an EXP event on and around christmas.

Unless you are sitting on a gazillion pots....

Unless your literally high on pot.

#167 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 05:20 AM

Level 1-30 its pretty easy because of the EXP quests give....just do every single quest along the way......after that leveling is just as tedious as it is at level 6x. Actually, scratch that, Leveling from 30-5x is harder than from 60-65+ because there is no one to play with. The population of this game is nonexistent until you need to spam Van Cliff and then most people gave up on leveling due to the crappy rates. I hope this is solved soon. A level 30 killing a level 40 mob with resting and channel bonus on a 20% pot should not get 1200 EXP a kill.

And none of that is an exaggeration....I recorded me doing just that. This is insane lol

#168 chaosdragoon1

chaosdragoon1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:21 AM

Unless your literally high on pot.

LOL. I've herd people talk abou thow they were under an influence and crush some very important items in their inventory.

#169 SangAsura

SangAsura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:18 AM

Level 1-30 its pretty easy because of the EXP quests give....just do every single quest along the way......after that leveling is just as tedious as it is at level 6x. Actually, scratch that, Leveling from 30-5x is harder than from 60-65+ because there is no one to play with. The population of this game is nonexistent until you need to spam Van Cliff and then most people gave up on leveling due to the crappy rates. I hope this is solved soon. A level 30 killing a level 40 mob with resting and channel bonus on a 20% pot should not get 1200 EXP a kill.

And none of that is an exaggeration....I recorded me doing just that. This is insane lol

Are you sure you got that low exp on lvl 40 mobs? O_o

#170 Rinami

Rinami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

"Level 1-30 its pretty easy because of the EXP quests give....just do every single quest along the way......after that leveling is just as tedious as it is at level 6x. Actually, scratch that, Leveling from 30-5x is harder than from 60-65+ because there is no one to play with. The population of this game is nonexistent until you need to spam Van Cliff and then most people gave up on leveling due to the crappy rates. I hope this is solved soon. A level 30 killing a level 40 mob with resting and channel bonus on a 20% pot should not get 1200 EXP a kill.

And none of that is an exaggeration....I recorded me doing just that. This is insane lol"

Yea, for every hour I spend in a party after 30 on my Wizard I'm spending like 9 hunting one. The exp rate isn't really bothering me though, 20-30% an F6 is still good enough in my view, but I can't force myself to solo besides daily quests when I don't even have a guild to talk to since few people are actually on in the mornings where I have alot of free time to play.
Also the exp formula is based on your level compared to the enemy's iirc.
They do need to make exp based on the player's level in parties instead of the person who kills the enemy so at least we can bring our 10 lvl higher friend in and help us when we have on one else to play with.(Lvl 43 kills at atoo were 800 compared to the rest of the party getting 1.7k or so for their kills, the 43 also wanted to focus on guarding one side of the F6 so we got around 70-75% of normal exp)

Edited by Rinami, 11 December 2010 - 01:02 PM.

#171 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

Are you sure you got that low exp on lvl 40 mobs? O_o

Yeah. I will upload the video to youtube so you can all see it.

#172 Psychopath

Psychopath

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

Not 100% sure, and someone might have said this before because I was too lazy to read all the other posts, but I think the current exp rates are at about 50% of what they were on THQ; I remember getting around 3.5k per kill at molten raeth and 8k-9k from the lava boombooms in the mm solo with no exp multipliers and now without multipliers I get 1.7-1.9k at molten raeth and 4k from lava boombooms and I am also the same lvl character as I was using on THQ.

Also, runonsentencesFTW

Edit: A weeklong 500% EXP event would be an EXCELLENT way to make it up to us Hastur. We <3 you.
Btw I'm off on Thursday so if you dont mind starting it then...........

Edited by Psychopath, 13 December 2010 - 02:31 AM.

#173 limposo

limposo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:36 AM

500% :rolleyes:

#174 AngelicDevil

AngelicDevil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:30 PM

Think of all the exp you could be grinding right now if you weren't on the forums. I honestly think talks of EXP rates should wait until after the atrocious connectivity issues are fully addressed and repaired. One thing at a time guys... well 2, the Gateway issue is urgent as well, however Gateway isn't on trial in this thread.

Agreed, but I guess I haven't noticed since I've only been on a good week since THQ*ICE

Edited by AngelicDevil, 13 December 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#175 AccelSynchro

AccelSynchro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationDomino City
  • Server:Vyvern [US]

Posted 13 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

Agreeing with psychopath since we basically only had a 1 day exp event from thanksgiving and it's no thanksgiving at all since we got nuthin rly except for a 40% item mall bonus and a 1 day (which is supposed to be 7) 150% exp event. I just hope that it goes up to like 300% to get off all the grinding and saving of resting bonus exp since christmas should give a decent amount of 150% as well as the "lost" thanksgiving event. Well just letting my mind out and yeah, if you ever think that it's gone unfair or something, please regard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users