Merchant to Geneticist Stat and Skill Build - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Merchant to Geneticist Stat and Skill Build

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MandySwan

MandySwan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:50 AM

Hey, you all awesome players! :)

I know this question has been ask bazillion times, but I'm a newbie (sort of, have stopped playing for years and just started again) so I desperately need a guidance here. I never had any interest in merchant class before so I never made one, and literally have no idea about this class at all. But when I found out about homunculus, I thought I give it a try because they're cute!

I did some search but looking at the dates, most of them are outdated and I just wasn't sure if the builds are still relevant.

So my question is, what is the best stat AND skill build for merchant to Genetic? I wanna do MVP killing, and not WoE. I also really really badly want the best homunculus for the build, because that's what really motivates me to make this class; homunculus' cuteness :3

Please use this link for the skill build, I think this is the most effective one for newbie like me to follow:

http://irowiki.org/~...skill4/gen.html

Also, I do prefer str/agi/dex and some vit build as well so I can level up faster and most importantly, walk fast.......

I know there are different types for Alchemist/Genetic like cart canoon, pot maker, etc. Honestly, I'm lost when reading about them... So I guess I'd go for any build that can solo most of enemies, because at this point I haven't make any friends to party with once I'm a higher level :(

I'm sorry if this is such a newbie question, any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

#2 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:02 AM

Try checking the merchant section might have the answers there just a lil bit of searching tho

#3 MandySwan

MandySwan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:56 AM

I did do some research before I posted this. But like I said I have no idea about this class at all. Not one bit.

Based on the iro wiki, it says

MVP Killer
  • STR: 90~105
  • AGI: 1
  • VIT: 96 (100 with job bonus)
  • INT: 90
  • DEX: 90
  • LUK: 41

But I kinda want agi as well so I can move and attack faster. So i dont know whats the best way to tweak it and still making it an effective both MVP killer and homunculus user.

#4 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:21 AM

The irowiki guide is a good template but it's a bit outdated. Most people now opt for 120 DEX to use a pair of Temporal Dex Boots most efficiently. I also opt for 120 INT because I use Cart Cannon more than Acid Bomb, and with 90+ STR your Acid Bomb damage is good enough and doesn't make a huge difference as to damage per additional point. And also AGI does nothing for your movement speed.

#5 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:22 AM

You should take the guide with a grain of salt. It is an RPG game and you should be the one building your character =).

RO Renewal is based off around gear instead character status like in the RO classic. Your stats allocation are usually based mostly primarily on 2 factors.  Status immunity and gear compatibility. The regular benefits you get from stats such as more HP and more HIT are not that all critical comparing to the 2 points I mentioned before. For example, if you're going for a fast cast build, you should opt for 120 DEX. Not primarily because 120 DEX will make you hit more accurately, but rather the 120 DEX will allow you to advantage of -0.5 second cast time that Temporal DEX boot provided, which is huge. A lot of cards that provide status bonus such as INT+2 are mostly considered trash by today's standard, and people usually opt for % bonus cards instead. 

AGI will not make you move faster, but may reduce some animation delays to allow you to cast skills a bit faster such as ACID Bomb. I find the effect extremely minimal and you should allocate your point somewhere else first before dumping into AGI, unless you're control+click and going for ASPD autoattack speed.

You'll often see 100 VIT recommendation in almost any builds in Renewal. This is mostly for stun status immunity. Stun immunity card (Orc Hero) is not really accessible to most players, and getting stun is usually a death sentence like being frozen. The HP benefit is really secondary to the stun immunity in my opinion. However, when it comes to other status such as sleep status, people tend to opt for nightmare card instead of dumping 100 points into AGI. Or silenced status where you can just eat a green pot and call it a day.

Lastly that status you post is heavily outdated. You will have a lot of flexibility when it comes to renewal, especially with 2 free resets (and paid reset after) With 175 max level, you can have several status go beyond 100 point after buffs, job bonus, and gear enchantment. My 175 Archbishop has a combined (after buffs and gear)  ~150 DEX, 100 VIT, 100 INT, 100 AGI, 107 LUK, and 40 STR. 

#6 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:22 AM

For gears, do you go cast time reductions all the way? what are the gears you should prioritize in buying for leveling a gene with mostly int and dex? That is, if i want to be able to brew some of my potions along the way

Also, two free resets? Does that mean there's another free stat reset aside from the one-time stat+skill reset from mesmerist in the eden HQ?

Edited by mikkotinamide, 15 April 2016 - 08:30 AM.

#7 TrulyLazy

TrulyLazy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:23 AM

AGI has no relation to how fast you move. You could start off with getting AGI either pre-trans and/or pre-gen for control clicking, or just tank and kill with cart revolution in which case VIT is preferred. Either way, you can reset your stats when you turn Gen, but it's not recommended to get any AGI early on. You will mainly be leveling using the Cart Cannon skill. For MVPs, it's going to be either Acid Bomb our Cart Cannon.

For your homun, your own stats don't really matter.

Edit: Had this thread opened on my phone for two hours so really late/outdated response.

Edited by TrulyLazy, 15 April 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#8 MandySwan

MandySwan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:09 AM

Ah, I see. Thank you so much, all of your answers were really helpful.

I guess I really should build the stat myself then, there's no harm in trial and error. But what about the skill then? If I wanna go for Cart Canoon build, should I level the Acid Bomb skill as well? What about the Special Pharmacy? I found this skill build online, what do you guys think?

http://irowiki.org/~...FqsGBdAqsqn7In1

Also, is there anyway to make my merchant move faster? I was thinking of buying the agi scroll or wind walker scroll, I'm not sure if it's worth it or not...

#9 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:24 AM

Also, is there anyway to make my merchant move faster? I was thinking of buying the agi scroll or wind walker scroll, I'm not sure if it's worth it or not...

pecopeco headband

there is already a skill and stat thread int he merchant sub-forum.

Edited by Ryviux, 15 April 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#10 MandySwan

MandySwan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:36 AM

Okay, I will check on it again. Thanks y'all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users