Which class do MVP better? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Which class do MVP better?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:50 AM

Hi, there, I'm new in IRO about a few days but still not decide which char to main, I want to do better in solo MVP and deguon, I have think about many classes but can't decide yet since it take money and time invest.

Here is my personal noob concept about different, hope someone can correct me and given guide and suggestion.

Genetictis:Mvp killer but complicated classes, AI pet, need Zeny to use skill

Sura: use to be a one-shot MVP killer, but now seems no one will use sura to kill MVP? If I wrong?

Ranger, Eq cheaper, but seems can't kill strong MVP and easy to die?

RK/GX require hell gear to kill strong MVP?

#2 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:57 AM

I would say Gene would top the list as far as cost efficiency and feasibility go, especially when you value your time and your money. You should also aim for class that are more towards consumable / crafting reliance than gear reliance. The reason being that bots have made the consumable / material price extremely cheap. Acid bomb is usually 10-15k a pop when you buy the mats from the bots and just brew them yourself. Gears are usually locked behind cash shop or cash upgrade event that can't really be automated. Hence the reason why they are significantly more expensive. 

Gene will also have easier time to level, as it is wanted by many parties all the way to 175. 

#3 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:19 AM

I would say Gene would top the list as far as cost efficiency and feasibility go, especially when you value your time and your money. You should also aim for class that are more towards consumable / crafting reliance than gear reliance. The reason being that bots have made the consumable / material price extremely cheap. Acid bomb is usually 10-15k a pop when you buy the mats from the bots and just brew them yourself. Gears are usually locked behind cash shop or cash upgrade event that can't really be automated. Hence the reason why they are significantly more expensive.

Gene will also have easier time to level, as it is wanted by many parties all the way to 175.

And what is rank 2 or rank 3? Or is there don't even have rank 2 Soloing MVP good as close to geneticist?

#4 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:46 AM

When you're ranking something, you probably should set some criteria for the ranking because almost every class can MvP. It really comes down to gears, player ability, etc etc..  I think Gene top the list because it has much lower gear requirement comparing to any other class to become an effective MvPer (hence less time and money wasted grinding for gears). A decently geared Gene (especially with a stringer) will out DPS any godly geared Sura if he can't one hit Gfist the MvP in my opinion. Acid bomb is brokenly strong. It was probably designed around Acid Bomb being hard to make and obtain, but bots pretty much nullify all that.

It's also pretty easy to MvP with a Gene. You also can use Token or Fly Wing and continue bombing until you down the MvP. 

Here is my personal list
1. Gene  have options for every MvP. Weak against Ghost MvP but still can output significant damage through other means. 
2. Sura  will have trouble with Ghost MvP but that's about it.
3. RG   for   Inspiration + VP 
4. RK
5. GX

#5 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:10 AM

deleted

Edited by Usurper, 15 April 2016 - 04:21 AM.

#6 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:34 AM

1) Gene, RK, GX can all be debated. RK requires the most gear. 

2) Sura, is only good for 1-shots, anything you can't 1-shot you're likely to lose to any of the above

#7 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:55 AM

1) Gene, RK, GX can all be debated. RK requires the most gear. 

2) Sura, is only good for 1-shots, anything you can't 1-shot you're likely to lose to any of the above

What about ranger? :(

#8 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:01 AM

When you're ranking something, you probably should set some criteria for the ranking because almost every class can MvP. It really comes down to gears, player ability, etc etc.. I think Gene top the list because it has much lower gear requirement comparing to any other class to become an effective MvPer (hence less time and money wasted grinding for gears). A decently geared Gene (especially with a stringer) will out DPS any godly geared Sura if he can't one hit Gfist the MvP in my opinion. Acid bomb is brokenly strong. It was probably designed around Acid Bomb being hard to make and obtain, but bots pretty much nullify all that.

It's also pretty easy to MvP with a Gene. You also can use Token or Fly Wing and continue bombing until you down the MvP.
Here is my personal list
1. Gene have options for every MvP. Weak against Ghost MvP but still can output significant damage through other means.
2. Sura will have trouble with Ghost MvP but that's about it.
3. RG for Inspiration + VP
4. RK
5. GX

Thanks I got your idea, and I'm interest in RG and RK, if you don't mind, can you give more tips about those two classes? I have studyed the most popular RG/RK guide post, but either them are mostly for woe or pvp. Hope not bother you too much

#9 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:07 AM

What about ranger? :(

That can go with RK, good, but needs the most gears :P

#10 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:46 AM

Thanks I got your idea, and I'm interest in RG and RK, if you don't mind, can you give more tips about those two classes? I have studyed the most popular RG/RK guide post, but either them are mostly for woe or pvp. Hope not bother you too much

For RK you have DB RK and AGI/Crit RK,  

DB RK is not quite a soloist because you kind of need a stringer to be effective. Anyhow you can solo any low tier and mid tier MvP with ease, but for high ends you would need a party support. RK is also pretty weak against Holy MvP like Randgris . 

AGI/Crit RK is quite expensive to gear and they are pretty bad to be honest. You're relying on 193 aspd, and rune buff. Runes are a pain to make & maintain. They can't really do high-end MvP, and not much of a use in a party, except maybe giving a rune buff? 

Some MVP cards such as Tao and Kiel will make RK become very effective without needing support, but that doesn't really apply to 95%+ of the player in the servers to be honest. Some guilds do lend them out though, so you may be able to use it by joining a decent guild. 

RG can tank a lot of MVP and does the damage over time. It's a pain to maintain exp required for inspiration and you just vanishing point your way until the MVP is down. There are other reflect builds and etc, those usually take forever to down and MVP. 

In a nutshell, RO often revolves around 1 button spam = win when it comes to PvM and MvP. So as an RK, instead of throwing Acid, you will be a lizardneck throwing out flame until the MvP vaporizes. Mindless either way, might as well play a Gene lol.

#11 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:57 AM

Gene can be very expensive for a newbie player though. I would probably recommend an RK. You will be very useful to your guild and parties outside your guild and with relatively cheap eqhupment you can farm instances with your RK and a lot of the mvps.

Gene are really strong overall for every aspect of the game and are really fun to play if you got the zeny to support them!

#12 virgos

virgos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:43 AM

When you're ranking something, you probably should set some criteria for the ranking because almost every class can MvP. It really comes down to gears, player ability, etc etc..  I think Gene top the list because it has much lower gear requirement comparing to any other class to become an effective MvPer (hence less time and money wasted grinding for gears). A decently geared Gene (especially with a stringer) will out DPS any godly geared Sura if he can't one hit Gfist the MvP in my opinion. Acid bomb is brokenly strong. It was probably designed around Acid Bomb being hard to make and obtain, but bots pretty much nullify all that.

Here is my personal list
1. Gene  have options for every MvP. Weak against Ghost MvP but still can output significant damage through other means. 
2. Sura  will have trouble with Ghost MvP but that's about it.
3. RG   for   Inspiration + VP 
4. RK
5. GX

P.S. #5. GX   :sob: :sob:

#13 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:52 AM

For RK you have DB RK and AGI/Crit RK,  

DB RK is not quite a soloist because you kind of need a stringer to be effective. Anyhow you can solo any low tier and mid tier MvP with ease, but for high ends you would need a party support. RK is also pretty weak against Holy MvP like Randgris . 

AGI/Crit RK is quite expensive to gear and they are pretty bad to be honest. You're relying on 193 aspd, and rune buff. Runes are a pain to make & maintain. They can't really do high-end MvP, and not much of a use in a party, except maybe giving a rune buff? 

Some MVP cards such as Tao and Kiel will make RK become very effective without needing support, but that doesn't really apply to 95%+ of the player in the servers to be honest. Some guilds do lend them out though, so you may be able to use it by joining a decent guild. 

RG can tank a lot of MVP and does the damage over time. It's a pain to maintain exp required for inspiration and you just vanishing point your way until the MVP is down. There are other reflect builds and etc, those usually take forever to down and MVP. 

In a nutshell, RO often revolves around 1 button spam = win when it comes to PvM and MvP. So as an RK, instead of throwing Acid, you will be a lizardneck throwing out flame until the MvP vaporizes. Mindless either way, might as well play a Gene lol.

Thanks a lots, I got it, actually the most reason why I hestihate to play a Gene is the clothing is reaaaally suck, personally view haha.

#14 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

lol, with your Gear Jezz, GX are #1. I want to see any other class solo, bio3 mvps like you do! 

#15 youkidding12

youkidding12

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:53 AM

Gene can be very expensive for a newbie player though. I would probably recommend an RK. You will be very useful to your guild and parties outside your guild and with relatively cheap eqhupment you can farm instances with your RK and a lot of the mvps.

Gene are really strong overall for every aspect of the game and are really fun to play if you got the zeny to support them!

thank you, but how about the homu pet? it seems complicated?

#16 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:04 AM

P.S. #5. GX   :sob: :sob:

I cried too. GX is the ultimate single target. 

#17 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:27 AM

I cried too. GX is the ultimate single target. 

Ranger is not even on that list

Spoiler

What's so bad about ranger :'(

Spoiler

Edited by meditation, 15 April 2016 - 09:28 AM.

#18 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:06 AM

call back when egg drops MVP card

#19 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

call back when egg drops MVP card

I can solo most of mvps in game on ranger (if we are speaking of istances thanks to traps+hitlocking+nolimits or w/e you want... Yeah bio3/4 included but i play to have fun and to relax, soloing for me is pretty boring/stressful and not so challenging, i prefere WoE for that).

Also, yeah i agree about the fact that these mvps are super easy to solo but still :)

Spoiler

Edited by meditation, 15 April 2016 - 10:26 AM.

#20 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:14 AM

This is my standard reply to all egg videos

also..... stressful....& unchallenging? If it's not a challenge whats to be stressed about :P

Edited by Havenn, 15 April 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#21 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:17 AM

This is my standard reply to all egg videos

Actually when i will have my +12 glorious hunter bow (soon) that's going to be the damage on bio3/4 mvps (on the rest of mvps is almost that one already... obviously mvps who are not using agi ups, otherwise would be only crits up to 120-150k each+ warg damage for 1 minute aka the duration of no limits). I think ranger is a nice class to mvp with, even without super OP gears thanks to the fact that with no limits+ temporal boots/ hitlock/traps (in istances) etc. you can easily kill mvps without even tanking them.

EDIT: something challenging is not necessarily stressful (at least in my experience lol :D ) What i meant in that part (i'm not native english unfortunately) is that i personally find more challenging other stuff in ragnarok, cause if it's true that skills and experience matter a lot in soloing high end mvps is true also that OP gear plays an essential role as well.

Anyway back to the topic i think that ranger can be a good mvp killer at least for istances where there's no competition if your goal is to solo. Like for example in endless tower, with mediocre gear you can clean all non mvp floors in 1 arrow storm or so up to floor 80-90 and you can trap mvps and kill them easily with 2-3b gear only if not less than that :)

Edited by meditation, 15 April 2016 - 10:26 AM.

#22 LunaMoonBunny

LunaMoonBunny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:34 AM

thank you, but how about the homu pet? it seems complicated?

There's nothing complicated about Homunculus. The AI given to you is already pretty decent and configuring it is intuitive, won't take more than one hour to read and understand everything. Choosing a homunculus is as hard as reading their skills are. 

The only downside to the homunculus I can think is that it takes awhile to level them, especially if you're not choosing Dieter. It's gonna be a couple of weeks (Maybe months?) AFKing with it. You can always just grind along with it, but even without BBs or TI, he really can't keep up with yout leveling. That's my personnal experience at least.

#23 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

Go with dieter

#24 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

i made a tier list somewhere...
ah here it is https://forums.warpp...-in-2016-pvmmvp

#25 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 03:18 AM

If you have unlimited zeny, the GX is of course the best class to MvP with. Gene doesn't need 3B gears to MvP effectively, Acid bomb is very cheap. Also ranger is very squishy and need pretty well deck gear to output some serious damage. Traps are situational and may not work well in every map like ET. Ranger will have difficulty hitting  AGI up MvP on a sub 1B gear a non-crit build. Many rangers are most certainly going to have bad day for many range/magic users due to lack of shield.  Also getting 193 aspd gears on a ranger is not cheap at all.

A lot of class requires pretty well deck gear, especially GX. Anything above +9 is unreasonably expensive.. Heck even I think +9 is a rip off since someone has need to throw in USD to upgrade it. Those +12~+14 gears are too expensive for most newer players ; it's not because it requires the best player to obtain them, but rather someone with a deep wallet to keep feeding into that broken refine system.

These are consideration why I think Gene tops the list, based on cost efficiency and utility:

​1. Gene is easy to level. It is usually wanted in party, from low-TI all the way to bio4.

​2. Decent Gene gears are not that expensive relatively to other class to output more or just as much damage to the MvP. Also thanks to cheap Acid Bombs, you can really go liberal on it.

3. Gene is a versatile class that are useful in many situation. It is also demanded in WoE, so you're not stuck in PvM mode if you change your mind later.

It does look like OP has around 1B or less to start his character. From his other posts, he doesn't want to grind days in days out to effort that +12 Katar. Hence my reason I think Gene is the best class to main. 

Edited by 3025140119203620510, 17 April 2016 - 03:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users