64 replies to this topic

#1 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:24 AM

Pathfinders or sentinels is the class that I hate the most and is not cause they are strong, is that these class is a class specifically for moves that are escaping or running. Hate to say this lol, but is a cowards class. No, I'm not saying this as to critised anyone, I have sentinels too, but in bsq all they ever do is run, run, run, set trap and run, run, run. I know some of you might say is tactics, but in reality is nothing short than trolling. Battle-square is to battle but instead what I have seen is people just camping, running, setting traps and healing. They do everything but battle lol. Pathfinder need a nerf with the electrical barrier, all they ever do is set trap barrier, spam mines, and use netbind, than run. Makes no sense at all and is not strategy just simply been scared to fight making bsq a running ground instead of a battle ground.

The electrical barrier needs to be change to do damage and not keep you in place, because what they do is jump from 1 side to the other and not fight at all. They already have mines that freeze you in place and prevent you from using your skills, that's 3 skills with stunts. I wont mention anyone <removed> .

Edited by VModChimichanga, 20 April 2016 - 05:59 AM.

#2 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:42 AM

First of all, mentionning people is allowed, even if it everyone thinks abiut the same player when it comes to this kind of gameplay.

Anyways, from what I'm reading, you aren't asking for a nerf since you are asking for a longer cooldown in exchange of damage.

I don't really have an opinion about this to be honnest, but I know that silence trap should maybe have some changes since it lasts very long and doesnt affect X-Spam classes. Which makes lower tier classes more disavantaged in team PvP.

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:51 AM

-Traps are easy to memorize positioning.
-You can't jump out of a Telsa?
-Play around shootdowns cooldown. (Heh rhyming)
-Get someone tanky on your flags.
-Main a freaking twin.

#4 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 19 April 2016 - 08:54 AM

Battlesquare is simply capture the flag, that means that you have to capture the flags and have to keep it. 

Sorry to tell you but that is the tactic, doesn't matter how just keep the flags

#5 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:00 AM

the only sentinel skills that even I would consider annoying is probably only netbind and maybe the silence duration. otherwise I don't consider sentinels needing a nerf. Their kit is like a secure combo as long as they don't repeat skills, bsq is a different setting where players want to win and completely disregard any forms of sportsmanship. It's like saying why can't I move when a warlock does a combo on me, cc should not exist in general.

#6 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:37 AM

Silence trap needs a duration cut since it's basically just anti fun, and longer cool down on shootdown (or make that hitbox make some sense).  Those are the nerfs I'd consider for this class. There's only some skills that could be buffed after that!

And well, might as well point out that running in bsq or pvp in general is not something that's limited to this class. And also bsq is not capture the flag, since you don't capture a flag and bring it to your own base or where ever. You don't try to hold the flag forever in capture the flag. Running is a legit tactic in bsq, but that doesn't mean people have to be fine with it.

#7 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:43 AM

Says he has never lost to a sentinel with his destroyer; makes a thread to nerf sentinels. :*)

https://forums.warpp...p/#entry2440339

Edited by ohsnap, 19 April 2016 - 10:48 AM.

#8 Wutangraiseu

Wutangraiseu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:55 AM

Says he has never lost to a sentinel with his destroyer; makes a thread to nerf sentinels. :*)

This is the typical nerf this and  that poster smh

#9 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts
  • LocationPvP Ranking Mode
  • Server:God's Sanctuary

Posted 19 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

-You can run with all classes at PvP/BSQ and whatever. Its just low. 

-Sentinel actually need Netbind to deal DMG.

-Tesla is casted mostly in a NetBind combo, otherwise you can simply jump out of it and i wouldnt call the DMG great

-I personally dont care about Silence Trap. It doesnt hurt me much in a Sentinel fight. I can just run the few seconds, its stupid for both sides tho but useful in BSQ and EW. Its simply their job to annoy people with traps since the dont have good DMG skills. 

-Dont forget that the most Pathfinder Skills arent affected to element DMG 

-The Hitbox of ShotDown isnt that big and you can avoid it pretty easy. Just dont dodge it at the horizontal axis. If it still hits you its lag/delay or gamefile editing

Edited by Turpi, 19 April 2016 - 04:02 PM.

#10 eyes2kill

eyes2kill

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 07:42 PM

This post was to have a change into the spam of electrical barrier,not a personal attack on people and is true, sentinels do need to stop all that running and not fighting. If you don't have anything to support the thread than trie to stop been such a forum troll.

#11 falcoford

falcoford

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 10:47 PM

This post was to have a change into the spam of electrical barrier,not a personal attack on people and is true, sentinels do need to stop all that running and not fighting. If you don't have anything to support the thread than trie to stop been such a forum troll.

Too many trolls in threads. 

#12 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:58 AM

Every class shall stop stop running, its not a problem based on Sentinels. Many twins run too and Sorcerer also. Every class does this. Thats why i suggested a rule which punish running people.

#13 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:33 AM

The only change sentinels need is 1-2 seconds added to Tesla's CD so it's not shorter than the duration and 1-2 seconds added Shootdown. If you're team is having issues killing a MS sentinel/pathfinder on any map then it's  due to your team's lack of teamwork/personal skill.

Edited by StormHaven, 20 April 2016 - 04:34 AM.

#14 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:29 AM

The only change sentinels need is 1-2 seconds added to Tesla's CD so it's not shorter than the duration and 1-2 seconds added Shootdown. If you're team is having issues killing a MS sentinel/pathfinder on any map then it's  due to your team's lack of teamwork/personal skill.

After playing Pathfinder>Sentinel to an extent I have to agree. The 2nd telsa can be dropped whilst the 1st is still on the last few seconds of duration and shootdown has been the lowest cooldown nuke and it's cooldown means players can't quickly play around the cooldown unless they have both high movespd and good reflexes.

#15 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:13 AM

You cant expect teamwork in BSQ and you cant expect that people are able to catch a 600ms runner. If you catch with swift, sky penetration, shotdown and bears they can easy jump out. And with that high ms its quite easy to avoid ground based catching skill.

That have not much to do personal skill.

Edited by Turpi, 20 April 2016 - 10:14 AM.

#16 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:51 AM

You cant expect teamwork in BSQ and you cant expect that people are able to catch a 600ms runner. If you catch with swift, sky penetration, shotdown and bears they can easy jump out. And with that high ms its quite easy to avoid ground based catching skill.

That have not much to do personal skill.

First off, very few sentinels break 500 ms and none currently can hit 550 let alone 600.

Second, those flinch and knockdowns can actually set up for other catch skills.

Third, you can just type out "Guys let's team up on the sentinel and set up a team to work with. Use a team-speak software even with friends.

Edited by Coolsam, 20 April 2016 - 10:52 AM.

#17 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

First off, very few sentinels break 500 ms and none currently can hit 550 let alone 600.

Actually every classes in the game can reach 500 MS.

Sentinels and Ninjas even reach them with ease ! And you may think that everyone doesnt reach that high, because actually, you don't see people using movement speed set anywhere, but in BSQ, for some reasons.

#18 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

Actually every classes in the game can reach 500 MS.

Sentinels and Ninjas even reach them with ease ! And you may think that everyone doesnt reach that high, because actually, you don't see people using movement speed set anywhere, but in BSQ, for some reasons.

The names he was complaining about are players with roughly 530 max maybe 540. 500+ MS can only be reached by classes with movement speed sets and sacrificing alot for said speed at the level 60-67 area. Most require heirloom bone sets or rare VC shields.

And it's used in BSQ because the method of play there is run-stall.

#19 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

The names he was complaining about are players with roughly 530 max maybe 540. 500+ MS can only be reached by classes with movement speed sets and sacrificing alot for said speed at the level 60-67 area. Most require heirloom bone sets or rare VC shields.

And it's used in BSQ because the method of play there is run-stall.

This topic isn't about complaining on a specefic player, but a playstyle used on a class.

Also, I totally understand that it is very frustrating to fight against those kind of players, and even under 500 MS, it is hard to catch them.

But I think it wouldn't be such a big deal if we had way more people in BSQ.

#20 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:37 PM

But I think it wouldn't be such a big deal if we had way more people in BSQ.

Very true!

#21 Turpi

Turpi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

Second, those flinch and knockdowns can actually set up for other catch skills.

Third, you can just type out "Guys let's team up on the sentinel and set up a team to work with. Use a team-speak software even with friends.

you can reach 500ms easy peasy lemon squeezy and you as a PvP'er should know that. Not to mention Ninjas in Ninja-Form and Twins LOL, also Savages very very very easy. 

Just saying 3/3 Bone parts, rare VC accessory, perseverance stuff, that strange azura cs gloves, mutisha shoulder/ POS shoulder, that op MS IM wings, medal, char card, enchant options and so on.

The most of the mentioned flinches will lead to nothing since the runner recovers too fast and can actually easy outplay the chaser.

I doubt that the most people got soo many friends in lower BSQs as long as you and your friends arent capping at a certain level. And teamspeak for BSQ? lol

Isnt that hard to write in the chat chase the flagholder, half team go left, other team go right tho. But it wont lead to anything as long as you got no TwinFighter in your team who could compete ms wise with the runner or who could actually GhostFighter catch him.

Well maybe it works if you are 20 people but well, that doesnt happen so often.

And even if you catch the runner one day he would gathered so many points that you already lost. Or if hes smart he dies near to another runner from his team or a HP stacked mage.

I dont get it why everyone acts like chill dude, running is fun and you can easy kill a runner.

Not to mention that the half BSQ team are probably PvE'er who doesnt even know how to lock someone.

Just today there was a running Bomba in BSQ and in my team were people who actually should know how to catch him. Also we were like Summy, 2 Sentinel, Invo and what else. But firstly the runner got op gear so he was able to kill a chaser with just 1 skill and secondly (what the most people forget) the other team will mostly support the runner and will try to interrupt the chaser which actually worked.

The runner hold the flags for like 12min, gg. So much fun so much wow so much skill. Not to mention that hardcore runner actually got cakes, capsules, matchsticks and yggdrasil leaves so they wont die by random skills.

Edited by Turpi, 20 April 2016 - 01:22 PM.

#22 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:02 PM

You can easily kill a sentinel runner since

1. They have no forum of damage mitigation or oh crap skills.

2. They have low hp/def( It used to be possible to outright 1-2 shot ms pfs/sentinels even with full BSQ buffs on them)

3. They have no form of self heal outside Cake/Eternity pot spam.

Edited by StormHaven, 20 April 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#23 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:35 PM

Nerfing a class that focuses on CC and hit and runs.. but folds like paper when caught. Really? 

#24 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

I'm at 483 mspd with pos gears and solar rings. I also have to sc mspd on im boots and regular gear boots  and using more mspd related IM gears to reach 483 mspd wih archer buff. I'm pretty much decked out for end game pvp. For a lvl 81+ to have to degrade to lvl 60 gears to easily hit 500+ mspd is absolutely ridiculous. This is a more meaty sentinel build. If you were to use 3/3 hero and rare bd in 81+ or even in low lvl pvps with full element dmg any form of chip dmg you take is around 25% of your hp gone and if your're caught a full combo is your full health bar gone. What pf's lack in tankiness and lack of sustain they make up for increased mobility and traps to kite or turtle or they can try to aggressively fight and get caught and killed in one combo cause you know these traps are sooooo reliable in catching someone. As a range class you should be using these traps to keep your distance from your enemies and follow up with your team in group fights. Without getting caught. It's how the game is intended for sentinels. You can only blame the bsq mode for allowing running the timer with flags be a winning tactic. You're only trying to survive. I rather try to my best to catch one guy who can die from 1 catch than try to catch a tank easily 50 times and not even be able to kill him/her. If you were to play in 81+ pvp as a sentinel you're just there to provide CC support you won't even have the damage to kill tanks or the innate tankiness to survive even with high resist cause you lack sustain(heals) or you have low mdef and average pdef so you can't even tank summoner or sorcerer crits.

Try catching and killing a sorcerer or invoker with high resist and hp with heals.

you can reach 500ms easy peasy lemon squeezy and you as a PvP'er should know that. Not to mention Ninjas in Ninja-Form and Twins LOL, also Savages very very very easy. 

Just saying 3/3 Bone parts, rare VC accessory, perseverance stuff, that strange azura cs gloves, mutisha shoulder/ POS shoulder, that op MS IM wings, medal, char card, enchant options and so on.

The most of the mentioned flinches will lead to nothing since the runner recovers too fast and can actually easy outplay the chaser.

I doubt that the most people got soo many friends in lower BSQs as long as you and your friends arent capping at a certain level. And teamspeak for BSQ? lol

Isnt that hard to write in the chat chase the flagholder, half team go left, other team go right tho. But it wont lead to anything as long as you got no TwinFighter in your team who could compete ms wise with the runner or who could actually GhostFighter catch him.

Well maybe it works if you are 20 people but well, that doesnt happen so often.

And even if you catch the runner one day he would gathered so many points that you already lost. Or if hes smart he dies near to another runner from his team or a HP stacked mage.

I dont get it why everyone acts like chill dude, running is fun and you can easy kill a runner.

Not to mention that the half BSQ team are probably PvE'er who doesnt even know how to lock someone.

Just today there was a running Bomba in BSQ and in my team were people who actually should know how to catch him. Also we were like Summy, 2 Sentinel, Invo and what else. But firstly the runner got op gear so he was able to kill a chaser with just 1 skill and secondly (what the most people forget) the other team will mostly support the runner and will try to interrupt the chaser which actually worked.

The runner hold the flags for like 12min, gg. So much fun so much wow so much skill. Not to mention that hardcore runner actually got cakes, capsules, matchsticks and yggdrasil leaves so they wont die by random skills.

Edited by ohsnap, 20 April 2016 - 04:32 PM.

#25 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:28 PM

If anything, sentinels need some damage buffs. This is strictly speaking at end game levels, but not before other classes that need them (savages,overlords,pallys,ninja).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users